• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

[Awakening] lvl 60 Sorc vs lvl 58 Ranger

60 posts in this topic

Posted

I'm not the best, and I don't claim to be the best. Feed back is always welcome. 

-Erebus

3 people like this

Posted

nice to see how you fight ranger :D

oh and what costume is this? never seen this one before :o

Posted

Band name at 8:43?

Cool to watch tbh. I usually just see sorcs spinning.

Posted

Band name at 8:43?

Cool to watch tbh. I usually just see sorcs spinning.

Band name, sorry?

Posted

Band name, sorry?

For the song that is playing...

Posted

For the song that is playing...

1rst  Dragonforce the last journey home instrumental

2nd  Flowing River - Dying in Paradise

3rd Atlantis Awaits - Rebirth

Posted

ty! lol

Posted

All I want to know is how that SoA in round 3 hit, wtf? :D

Posted

All I want to know is how that SoA in round 3 hit, wtf? :D

Don't question the god of desync :P

Posted

Your ability combo when given the window too is fluid as always Erebus. Well done.

How are you finding Bhegs + Jubre vs your old Helrick?

Posted

Your ability combo when given the window too is fluid as always Erebus. Well done.

How are you finding Bhegs + Jubre vs your old Helrick?

Its not too bad, but i have to switch back to Helrick some times vs ninjas and people who focus on evasion.

Posted (edited)

Go to skill tree and skill lock your Shift + Directional key evasion so you don't perform a noob roll when night crow's on CD in scythe mode. That was painful to watch every time you roll and leave yourself open.

Still interesting to watch how a 58 ranger can do that much damage to a 60 sorc with under 200 ap.

Edited by Alexxy
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Go to skill tree and skill lock your Shift + Directional key evasion so you don't perform a noob roll when night crow's on CD in scythe mode. That was painful to watch every time you roll and leave yourself open.

Still interesting to watch how a 58 ranger can do that much damage to a 60 sorc with under 200 ap.

Sometimes the roll still saves you lol.

Edited by PanpanTheGreat

Posted

You played the matchup the way you're supposed to, my only issue is this matchup is not really "fair". The ranger is less geared than you, an equally geared ranger would have destroyed you, and a more competent one would have as well. I only make this comment because I've been desperately trying to find ways to efficiently get a leg up on rangers and the clear answer is there is none. We lose the matchup against skilled geared rangers more times than not. The abilities we have available to us to catch them arent as reliable; you spend more time expending precious stamina hitting air, which by the way cannot be generated outside of it's own fixed passive.

Whereas this ranger can sit pretty and melt you from a distance, OR position aggressively towards you, replenishing their mobility gate merely by potting. They had multiple opportunities to delete you, grab you, etc and just failed to execute. I say this because I've experienced it playing the way you did in your videos. It's dumb that the best way to counter them is to simply delete them before they have the time to react. Which is basically to say have greater than 200AP awakened. 

Posted

You played the matchup the way you're supposed to, my only issue is this matchup is not really "fair". The ranger is less geared than you, an equally geared ranger would have destroyed you, and a more competent one would have as well. I only make this comment because I've been desperately trying to find ways to efficiently get a leg up on rangers and the clear answer is there is none. We lose the matchup against skilled geared rangers more times than not. The abilities we have available to us to catch them arent as reliable; you spend more time expending precious stamina hitting air, which by the way cannot be generated outside of it's own fixed passive.

Whereas this ranger can sit pretty and melt you from a distance, OR position aggressively towards you, replenishing their mobility gate merely by potting. They had multiple opportunities to delete you, grab you, etc and just failed to execute. I say this because I've experienced it playing the way you did in your videos. It's dumb that the best way to counter them is to simply delete them before they have the time to react. Which is basically to say have greater than 200AP awakened. 

I have 227 AP awakened, and rangers with same stats as me still have an advantage because I can't burst them down fast enough. Our super armors leave us in stationary position/ or too slow to catch up with classes with awakening that gives them dash ability. At this point I just switch over to valk for 1v1 pvp since valk can do a lot more CC chain and burst than a sorc can. Sorc's just my farming tool now lol. 

Back before awakening, sorc was strong because other classes were slow and didn't have as much super armor. Our Signs of Agony would land if we were decent, DoD would knock down majority of people, Shadow Eruption would float/kd , but now with awakening everybody is much faster and with super armor. Having to rely on the majority of our CC from amulet form is a ----- considering how outdated they are.

Posted

I have 227 AP awakened, and rangers with same stats as me still have an advantage because I can't burst them down fast enough. Our super armors leave us in stationary position/ or too slow to catch up with classes with awakening that gives them dash ability. At this point I just switch over to valk for 1v1 pvp since valk can do a lot more CC chain and burst than a sorc can. Sorc's just my farming tool now lol. 

Back before awakening, sorc was strong because other classes were slow and didn't have as much super armor. Our Signs of Agony would land if we were decent, DoD would knock down majority of people, Shadow Eruption would float/kd , but now with awakening everybody is much faster and with super armor. Having to rely on the majority of our CC from amulet form is a ----- considering how outdated they are.

Damn even you have this problem? Yea feelsbadman, they really screwed the pooch on this one for sure. Cant break through shields or super armor, can't get reliable cc, consistently get outpaced. Like shit 

Posted

Damn even you have this problem? Yea feelsbadman, they really screwed the pooch on this one for sure. Cant break through shields or super armor, can't get reliable cc, consistently get outpaced. Like shit 

I will make a new video and ask my lvl 61 ranger friend to stop grinding for a bit ^^

Posted

Not sure what you guys are talking about, sorc ranger matchup is pretty balanced.

Don't take this video as standard duels, both the ranger and the sorc are really bad (no offense, op said it himself)

Posted

Not sure what you guys are talking about, sorc ranger matchup is pretty balanced.

Don't take this video as standard duels, both the ranger and the sorc are really bad (no offense, op said it himself)

Sorcs can't keep up with rangers, rangers are basically musas now. If you can't kill them in one combo (which is unlikely with them spamming), they just dash around and try to grab you -> shot gun and then you ded.

Posted

Really bad huh? Never said that but ok xD I love all the salt from you plebs ^^

Posted (edited)

Sorcs can't keep up with rangers, rangers are basically musas now. If you can't kill them in one combo (which is unlikely with them spamming), they just dash around and try to grab you -> shot gun and then you ded.

You know their dash spam desn't have 100% superarmor uptime right?

Edited by Askore

Posted

You know their dash spam desn't have 100% superarmor uptime right?

No shit

Posted

are you guys trolling ? i can't tell at this point

Posted

I hardly see a point in saying they're both really bad. I wouldn't know about ranger(since I don't play awakened ranger and all those I've fought against spammed one move anyway; all my experience is in pre-awakened ranger and I used to be a good one then) but as a sorc I can say the patience is MORE recommended vs. a ranger and literally any other class that isn't a witchzard as an awakened sorc.

I think Erebus did good. Smart use of DF guard is in this.