• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

How is Valk ? Is she good at PVE?

6 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Hi, I want to main either Valk or Ranger but I need your help.

I kind of like Valk better since she is my first character but I guess grinding/silver comes first XD.

I heard bad things about Valk from in-game chat, that she isn't great at anything.

But I came across this thread. It was written in March of this year. Do these positive comments still stand true ?

Would you grind with your Valk over Ranger ?

Anyone?

Edited by OnlyLAGcanKILLme

Posted (edited)

but I guess grinding/silver comes first XD.

No...

Don't forget, this is a game and you're here to have fun. Not for making more more more profit like those players who create characters in others servers to be afk farming event rewards before server merge or to play a class that you don't like or like less than another just because it's the most overpowered or efficient for something.

If you can't choose between both of them, i would just suggest you to play both and, depending on your playtime, you'll see by yourself the one you prefer. 

Would you grind with your Valk over Ranger ?

Yes. (can't compare it with ranger since i play only valk).

Edited by lllKaiten
blehhh

Posted (edited)

Ranger is the strongest class. Period. 

Any awakened class and wizard all grind very nicely. 

Balance is undergoing changes here and there, they already announced balancing after all awakenings are out so anything could happen. 

That being said I agree with above,  play what u enjoy. 

The bad comment were before awakening and yeah.. Maybe on some spots Valk was.below average but never worst. 

If u think silver first get a second shitty job to sell costumes if u have to but don't ruin your GAME time because Ranger is a tiny bit faster (difference was indeed a lot bigger at the start of the game but still not a reason to play this class). 

Edited by Gudtimes

Posted

ranger grinds faster than valk without a doubt.

valk is much more fun to grind with though, and you don't use nearly as many pots.

Posted

You use 0 pots with valk, ranger needs pots to grind fast.

Also, valk will NEVER die, even if you go afk with shield up, its just stupid strong in pve

That said, ranger is much faster, and of course much more dangerous in pvp

Posted

You use 0 pots with valk, ranger needs pots to grind fast.

Also, valk will NEVER die, even if you go afk with shield up, its just stupid strong in pve

That said, ranger is much faster, and of course much more dangerous in pvp

PvE is not challenging whatsoever, and if you are dying to mobs regardless of your class you need to either get better gear, more skill, change spots, or bring potions.

Not saying that we're in disagreement (since you did say ranger is faster) but if you're aiming for PvE efficiency then there's absolutely no contest, as rangers can kill mobs and travel between packs several times faster than Valkyries.

I never used WP pots before my Valkyrie awakening, but I find myself having to use lots of them now with my awakening. It's not as bad if you have celestial spear and shield throw awakened for WP recovery, but you're losing damage if you do that. If you properly animation cancel every skill with promptness and switch in+out of your awakening for the right skills, you'll be running out of WP pretty quick. Not nearly as fast as ranger ofc, but Valks are not as pot independent as they used to be.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0