• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Need a PvP quality of Life change thats fair

181 posts in this topic

Posted

Can players who die be sent to the nearest large city, and if negative karma, nearest neutral town? Being able to spawn to a node thats 5-10 seconds away is pure cancer. Theres currently no significant equal penalty for death that exists between pkers or non pkers. Even if the karma system stayed the way it was this would be a good way to keep things balanced and reward players for getting kills in the open world.

16 people like this

Posted

I'd agree, this would go a long ways towards impacting the likelihood of karma bombing

1 person likes this

Posted

Ideally I'd like to see something similar to the respawn timer that we now have in nice wars.

Die once, free spawn at node to try get revenge

Die twice?, ten sec spawn at node, free spawn at town

Die thrice?, 30 sec spawn at node and ten secs at town.

So on and so forth

3 people like this

Posted (edited)

Ideally I'd like to see something similar to the respawn timer that we now have in nice wars.

Die once, free spawn at node to try get revenge

Die twice?, ten sec spawn at node, free spawn at town

Die thrice?, 30 sec spawn at node and ten secs at town.

So on and so forth

Issue with that is that you can only pk safely 3-4 times until you are negative karma. So unless those respawn timers are scaling into MINUTES and quickly this isnt fair. Im gonna be straight forward here. If you go out to somewhere like pirate island, you need to expect PvP, you need to be competent in PvP or have a group to complement you/keep you safe and you need to be prepared. There needs to be RISK OF TIME AT THE VERY LEAST because thats the most valuable resource we all have. Places like Sausans, Crescent Shrine, Fogans, Nagas, Gahaz bandits. There are numerous high profile areas that can be a pain to get to or are volotile, if you die, you need to experience that pain again if you wanna go back.

You shouldn't be given a free "revenge" ticket every 5-10 seconds because you wanna be petty. Everyone has an opportunity to get back at somebody, you can kill anyone in ths game, even though gear is something thats dependent you can get friends to make up for that? Dont got friends? Get some its an MMORPG. Not enough friends? Make some more. Like I dont understand why this game is condoning a borderline single player experience to the point it's so pervasive that it ruins the experience for others. You want your own spot for the most effiecnt EXP and money in the game, better be skilled and geared enough to keep it, otherwise no one should acknowledge you.

Edited by Nexius
3 people like this

Posted

Agreed but people have issues with those who are stronger killing them.  

so inb4 you get told to share and group up because no one likes a meanie poo 

id also like a reward system for being a bandit, it's way too much of a punishment currently and almost 0 reward (other than the grind spot or w/e)

Agreed but people have issues with those who are stronger killing them.  

so inb4 you get told to share and group up because no one likes a meanie poo 

id also like a reward system for being a bandit, it's way too much of a punishment currently and almost 0 reward (other than the grind spot or w/e)

1 person likes this

Posted

I agree that in some situations it's annoying when you kill your enemy and he comes back every 30 seconds and that current system enables pve griefers to exist but I don't think that your idea is enough to make the system good. I don't think there is a simple solution for this, we either need a more complicated system or no system at all (no open pvp or limitless pvp). We need to consider that there are a few types of players like pve/pvp/trolls/pve griefers/gankers so the system must be able to block/punish gankers/trolls/pve griefers and let pvp/pve players do their thing. I'm not saying that I have a "perfect" system in mind but I think that the idea with bounties and debuffs that apparently is being worked on is a step in right direction.

I agree that in some situations it's annoying when you kill your enemy and he comes back every 30 seconds and that current system enables pve griefers to exist but I don't think that your idea is enough to make the system good. I don't think there is a simple solution for this, we either need a more complicated system or no system at all (no open pvp or limitless pvp). We need to consider that there are a few types of players like pve/pvp/trolls/pve griefers/gankers so the system must be able to block/punish gankers/trolls/pve griefers and let pvp/pve players do their thing. I'm not saying that I have a "perfect" system in mind but I think that the idea with bounties and debuffs that apparently is being worked on is a step in right direction.

Posted (edited)

"PVE-Griefers"? Really? But PVP-Griefers are "gankers" as you so affectionately call them. I'd wager that is exactly why the re-spawn is as is, because of PVP-Griefers. In the real world if someone invades an area or space I'm occupying, I'd say something or continue as before. I practice martial arts, so I think I'd be considered one of the capable of defending themselves. I move away simply to avoid harming someone for something petty as occupying the same space... go figure.

Edited by Varsgod
System saved it twice
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

"PVE-Griefers"? Really? But PVP-Griefers are "gankers" as you so affectionately call them. I'd wager that is exactly why the re-spawn is as is, because of PVP-Griefers. In the real world if someone invades an area or space I'm occupying, I'd say something or continue as before. I practice martial arts, so I think I'd be considered one of the capable of defending themselves. I move away simply to avoid harming someone for something petty as occupying the same space... go figure.

That example is absolutely poor and therefore irrelevant. This thread is mainly talking about PvE Karma Bombers who enter a spot that is already occupied, while they are:

1. Guildless

2. In-Guild and under protection

For the purpose of griefing a player to the point of flagging up, and removing you through PvP. The fact that someone can repeatedly do this, and the person removing you is being punished repeatedly because you decided to abuse a broken system is absolutely atrocious and pathetic. The same could be said about the person(s) doing this. The system deserves to be reworked to benefit the person being griefed by a person dropping guild to grind -- not just the Karma bomber. 

The way that the system is used now is absolutely exploiting and, again, pathetic.

That example is absolutely poor and therefore irrelevant. This thread is mainly talking about PvE Karma Bombers who enter a spot that is already occupied, while they are:

1. Guildless

For the purpose of griefing a player to the point of flagging up, and removing you through PvP. The fact that someone can repeatedly do this, and the person removing you is being punished repeatedly because you decided to abuse a broken system is absolutely atrocious and pathetic. The same could be said about the person(s) doing this. The system deserves to be reworked to benefit the person being griefed by a person dropping guild to grind -- not just the Karma bomber. 

The way that the system is used now is absolutely exploiting and, again, pathetic.

Edited by Yuii

Posted (edited)

1. Guildless

1. Guildless

I won't even debate this dribble. Yall need to calm da fer down some times. I love pvp like many of you, but there is always a time to practice restraint. My opinion stands whether you agree or not.

Edited by Varsgod
system saving everything twice

Posted (edited)

I won't even debate this dribble. Yall need to calm da fer down some times. I love pvp like many of you, but there is always a time to practice restraint. My opinion stands whether you agree or not.

I agree. There's a time to practice restraint. Your form of restraint, for example, should be to give up respawning at node when you're wasting your time being camped on node for karma bombing ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Nice try, though.

Edited by Yuii

Posted (edited)

Presumption is one of our greatest weaknesses. You presume from my reiteration to know something about me. Why should a mechanism be implemented when the brain should suffice? As you say, "Nice try though".

Edited by Varsgod

Posted

I can see the trolling right now. 

Player Grinds *horseback wizard shows up* 
*Kills horse and wizard griefing you*
*wizard spawns in town and comes back with horse*

I can see the trolling right now. 

Player Grinds *horseback wizard shows up* 
*Kills horse and wizard griefing you*
*wizard spawns in town and comes back with horse*

Posted (edited)

1. Guildless

I agree with your post as a whole, and I thank you for your input but I really wanna touch on this briefly. This is what I do not understand and where I heavily agree with varsgod's point of view. Why is it that PvPing or Pking is considered griefing?  The game was introduced with the explicit  intention of being able to PvP out in the open world. You cannot call the act of killing someone griefing, thats called pking and pking isnt explicitly griefing. If the person you killed comes back over and over only to be killed again with no repercussions, due to an unintended reltionship in the game thats griefing. If A player goes around the world and hunts the player he killed from Veila, to hidel, to altinova and does this all day, thats griefing. Killing you for a grind spot and asserting dominance is not grieifng. It's showing dominance and winning a spot, which again is intended to be allowed.

1. Guildless

I agree with your post as a whole, and I thank you for your input but I really wanna touch on this briefly. This is what I do not understand and where I heavily agree with varsgod's point of view. Why is it that PvPing or Pking is considered griefing?  The game was introduced with the explicit  intention of being able to PvP out in the open world. You cannot call the act of killing someone griefing, thats called pking and pking isnt explicitly griefing. If the person you killed comes back over and over only to be killed again with no repercussions, due to an unintended reltionship in the game thats griefing. If A player goes around the world and hunts the player he killed from Veila, to hidel, to altinova and does this all day, thats griefing. Killing you for a grind spot and asserting dominance is not grieifng. It's showing dominance and winning a spot, which again is intended to be allowed.

@Jarvs : as I said in my OP, places like the desert or Pirates where this happens isnt always likely to happen. There no horseback wizards in the desert, and getting all the way out to pirates is difficult. The intent is to add a deterrent and repercussion for dying.

1. Guildless

@Jarvs : as I said in my OP, places like the desert or Pirates where this happens isnt always likely to happen. There no horseback wizards in the desert, and getting all the way out to pirates is difficult. The intent is to add a deterrent and repercussion for dying.

Edited by Nexius
4 people like this

Posted (edited)

Whatever you add, it will be exploited by the Players.

Sure you can say that you farmed at this Spot alone for some time, someone comes and you send them to City.

Others will simply go to any Spot they want and send People that are already there to the next City.

This System only supports the strongest Players and the weak one will again suffer.

*This Forum-Software is by far the worst i ever seen in History*.......

Edited by Caduryn
4 people like this

Posted

Change it to after 2 deaths resurrecting at node costs 1% exp.  Town is always safe.

Change it to after 2 deaths resurrecting at node costs 1% exp.  Town is always safe.

1 person likes this

Posted

Sure you can say that you farmed at this Spot alone for some time, someone comes and you send them to City.

Others will simply go to any Spot they want and send People that are already there to the next City.

This System only supports the strongest Players and the weak one will again suffer.

Another misconception. So strong players never die? They die all the time, they just cant afford to keep killing the weak player because it yields no fruit. If they die they go to town as well. Numbers are still a thing in this game and it works every time. Weak players have strength in numbers, and for those that reach a point in the game where they willingly chose to PvP (doing the 50 quest) then you like everyone else should be subject to those rules. If you dont wanna PvP stay under level 50 and grind suboptimal spots, thats your choice for not wanting to PvP. I dont understand where it suddenly became a thing where we suddenly forget that being lv50 or above (previously 45),was always fair grounds for PvP? Can my level 30 alts visit every area in the game? Yes, can they get drops from every sot in the game? No. Do you need to grind those spots if you wanna PvE solely? No, life skills are a thing and make tremendous amounts of money. You grind mobs, you are exposing yourself to PvP and thats the truth.

Another misconception. So strong players never die? They die all the time, they just cant afford to keep killing the weak player because it yields no fruit. If they die they go to town as well. Numbers are still a thing in this game and it works every time. Weak players have strength in numbers, and for those that reach a point in the game where they willingly chose to PvP (doing the 50 quest) then you like everyone else should be subject to those rules. If you dont wanna PvP stay under level 50 and grind suboptimal spots, thats your choice for not wanting to PvP. I dont understand where it suddenly became a thing where we suddenly forget that being lv50 or above (previously 45),was always fair grounds for PvP? Can my level 30 alts visit every area in the game? Yes, can they get drops from every sot in the game? No. Do you need to grind those spots if you wanna PvE solely? No, life skills are a thing and make tremendous amounts of money. You grind mobs, you are exposing yourself to PvP and thats the truth.

Posted (edited)

Set a decent pvp system first, so fix : gear gap issue / broken class balance / broken AP - DP balance / hidden stat /  rng everywhere / pot spam ( so no decent way via skill to regain hp, so more "tactical fight )  / desync ...

And then maybe we could speak about "fair" penalty. because so far the " pvp quality life" in BDO is pure trash for now.

Edited by woots
5 people like this

Posted (edited)

this game needs death penalty more than anything

open world is filled with griefers cus they are abusing the system and red battlefield is filled with lame players who stack 250 ap and throw their bodies 500 times until they manage to 1shot someone after dying 499 times because there's no significant death penalty whatsoever 

Edited by irrelevant

Posted

Set a decent pvp system first, so fix : gear gap issue / broken class balance / broken AP - DP balance / hidden stat /  rng everywhere / pot spam ( so no decent way via skill to regain hp, so more "tactical fight )  / desync ...

And then maybe we could speak about "fair" penalty. because so far the " pvp quality life" in BDO is pure trash for now.

1. Gear gap is massively overrated, fill Ultimate TRI+DUO Blue accessories can kill anyone, beyond that everyone AP is overkill and only gets to one shot status pushing 220+ AP
  2. pot spam isnt enough to keep yourself alive from good players
  3. Class imbalance exists, too many of the popular classes get white knighted though, rangers specifically. It'll change, but until then just know you can beat certain classes, there are just some really unfavorable matchups for anyone not named ranger.

1. Gear gap is massively overrated, fill Ultimate TRI+DUO Blue accessories can kill anyone, beyond that everyone AP is overkill and only gets to one shot status pushing 220+ AP
  3. Class imbalance exists, too many of the popular classes get white knighted though, rangers specifically. It'll change, but until then just know you can beat certain classes, there are just some really unfavorable matchups for anyone not named ranger.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

I think the Devs have stopped listening a long time ago.

• Servers are mediocre at best
  • Absolutely no point for PvP
  • Forum Software & Version has not been updated in over 5 months.
  • Classes are at their most unbalanced since launch.

If this is what we get for opening our wallets with the underhanded p2w they did 2 months back, Our quality of life has definitely gone down the more we spent.

Would you keep paying for a Car that keeps breaking down ?

Edited by Visnja

Posted (edited)

You can avoid being "karma bombed", as you call it, by simply not chasing+killing the person. It's your choice if you get negative karma. Ofc. it's another story if that person is actually jumping into the packs that are currently being killed by you.

A proper PVP system needs to cater to everyone, not just the ones that want to defend their grinding spot

Edited by Medra

Posted

Can players who die be sent to the nearest large city, and if negative karma, nearest neutral town? Being able to spawn to a node thats 5-10 seconds away is pure cancer. Theres currently no significant equal penalty for death that exists between pkers or non pkers. Even if the karma system stayed the way it was this would be a good way to keep things balanced and reward players for getting kills in the open world.

JUST SWITCH CHANNELS OR PVP OR F OFF!! Stop saying people "KARMA BOMB" Nobody is forcing you to kill someone over and over and over. Jesus christ.

JUST SWITCH CHANNELS OR PVP OR F OFF!! Stop saying people "KARMA BOMB" Nobody is forcing you to kill someone over and over and over. Jesus christ.

8 people like this

Posted (edited)

The irony of this post.

If you were open to seeing things from both perspectives, you would understand that your rationale applies to those who wish to "gank" as well.  Just as you so bluntly state that those who don't want to PvP "should" stay under level 50, others could bluntly tell you that if you don't want to receive karma then you "should" stop "ganking" others.  It's your voluntary choice to decide to kill others, no one is forcing you to do so.  We all understand there is PvP in BDO, and those are the PvP rules of BDO. 

Bottom line ... you voluntarily decide to kill others, you are exposing yourself to receiving the karma penalty ... and that's the truth. 

Edited by CurlyBaby
2 people like this

Posted (edited)

The irony of this post.

If you were open to seeing things from both perspectives, you would understand that your rationale applies to those who wish to "gank" as well.  Just as you so bluntly state that those who don't want to PvP should stay under level 50, others could bluntly tell you that if you don't want to receive karma for killing others, then you can equally be told that you "should" stop killing others or be subjected to the rules in place.  It's your voluntary choice to decide to kill others, no one is forcing you to do so.

Bottom line ... you voluntarily decide to kill others, you are exposing yourself to receiving the karma penalty.  That's the name of the game, and that's the truth. 

You're missing the point. The game was designed in mind to PvP over a certan level, theres no if ands or but's about it. You don't choose that, you opt into it. There currently exists a state in which those who die in PvP dont experience ANY penalty. People are so bent on Karma and grind spots they do not understand. Think of it this way. Lets say the game allowed players under level 45 to receive free revives anywhere in the world, and all u had to do to get boss loot was tag the boss. Wouldnt you consider it unfair that you as a level 58 player has real consequences in dying (losing gems, exp,etc) and can only avoid losing exp by buying tears, where as the under 45 player can free rez and take no penalties but be rewarded for just existing?

This is the state Open world PvP is in. The weaker player who has opted into PvP can avoid any penalty because all the PvP deterrents are focused on preventing one singular aspect of unhealthy PvP. We know there exists a clear polar opposite. I am voluntary killing others yes, but it's literately a pointless feature, because dying presents no repercussions. Karma only exists to give me a fair number of opportunities to kill in the open world. Thats moot if the guy can press a button to be back where he died 5 seconds later. Whereas I am losing a resource that takes hours to replenish.

TL:DR- You cant be allowed to die for free is what I am saying, because you cannot Pk for free.

The irony of this post.

If you were open to seeing things from both perspectives, you would understand that your rationale applies to those who wish to "gank" as well.  Just as you so bluntly state that those who don't want to PvP should stay under level 50, others could bluntly tell you that if you don't want to receive karma for killing others, then you can equally be told that you "should" stop killing others or be subjected to the rules in place.  It's your voluntary choice to decide to kill others, no one is forcing you to do so.

Bottom line ... you voluntarily decide to kill others, you are exposing yourself to receiving the karma penalty.  That's the name of the game, and that's the truth. 

You're missing the point. The game was designed in mind to PvP over a certan level, theres no if ands or but's about it. You don't choose that, you opt into it. There currently exists a state in which those who die in PvP dont experience ANY penalty. People are so bent on Karma and grind spots they do not understand. Think of it this way. Lets say the game allowed players under level 45 to receive free revives anywhere in the world, and all u had to do to get boss loot was tag the boss. Wouldnt you consider it unfair that you as a level 58 player has real consequences in dying (losing gems, exp,etc) and can only avoid losing exp by buying tears, where as the under 45 player can free rez and take no penalties but be rewarded for just existing?

This is the state Open world PvP is in. The weaker player who has opted into PvP can avoid any penalty because all the PvP deterrents are focused on preventing one singular aspect of unhealthy PvP. We know there exists a clear polar opposite. I am voluntary killing others yes, but it's literately a pointless feature, because dying presents no repercussions. Karma only exists to give me a fair number of opportunities to kill in the open world. Thats moot if the guy can press a button to be back where he died 5 seconds later. Whereas I am losing a resource that takes hours to replenish.

TL:DR- You cant be allowed to die for free is what I am saying, because you cannot Pk for free.

Edited by Nexius
3 people like this

Posted (edited)

- gear gap isnt overrated since not everyone have tri - duo with that wonderfull RNG ( so mandatory super mindless grind / cash shop artisant memory usage ), and even if according to you above is overkill, its still create unbalance = still broken pvp statu.( more AP, less skill needed to kill )

When you allow in game power difference in pvp its directly bad.

- Pot spam is a broken mecanic, for an even more broken pvp.  Correct defence - HP regen via skill SO AP - DP balance should be set IN THE FIRST PLACE, to have decent fight tactic, and not end up with such stupid and lazy system

- So broken class balance. ( quick mention for the % magical damage increase on tamer compare to other class )

And i dont even speak about the food usage to boost / fill the hole left by the gear that totaly annhillate all kind of "build creation" with strenght & weakness.

And and special mention to the lazyest setting for RNG CC & RNG resist ( so all crap with % resit ignore and friends) how to even more remove all control from players hands, instead of providing a real cc - cc break system totaly controlable.

Whatever how you would want to defend the pvp in that game, its so fked up. Its a pvp for dummies. You cant pull out anything serious with all thoses crap setting.

Edited by woots