• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Take a moment to list what you don't like about Valkyrie

55 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

So, rather than make a rant thread about the cons of our class. I was thinking of making a constructive criticism thread about our Class. I'm hoping to get some feedback so I may share this post with some GMs to forward to Pearl Abyss. I'll be updating this post accordingly with the replies on here. Don't put things such as "this class sucks, it does no damage". I've always been Optimistic about our class, but I honestly feel like we are the only Balanced class in a game full of unbalanced classes (Anyone else agree?). Please don't take this thread the wrong way, because I really do love the class. There's a reason why Valkyries are a rare sight to see.

Suggestions for the class in this thread so far:

-Fix DP, remove "pvp reduce dmg" in some of our awakening skills as currently the vast majority of them are nerfed for pvp(no other awakened class has so many nerfed skills on pvp).

-Give us a reliable grab (possibly on awakening, as it is very uncomfortable now). Our grab is worse than any other grab in the game and even if we succeed on landing it people decync out of it.

-Proper DP Scaling

-The ultimate has slightly too long of a cast time

-Possibly Tweaking the Passives, we have reduced mobility and an easy target for grabs compared to others. Not really any iframes.

- We need the KR changes that make our W+F faster

Edited by Andross
1 person likes this

Posted

"we are the only Balanced class in a game full of unbalanced classes (Anyone else agree?)" That seems to be general consensus. 

Fix DP, remove "pvp reduce dmg" in some of our awakening skills as currently the vast majority of them are nerfed for pvp(no other awakened class has so many nerfed skills on pvp).

Give us a reliable grab (possibly on awakening, as it is very uncomfortable now). Our grab is worse than any other grab in the game and even if we succeed on landing it people decync out of it.

Or nerf rangers, zerks, warriors and sorcs(less than the other three classes) to oblivion and don't change anything.

3 people like this

Posted

Simply give us the option to be true tanks, if we go the DP path, giving up nearly all our damage potential, we should have something back, not getting wiped by button mashing classes 

So fix DP scaling, lowering AP ones, there's no point in having 99% damage reduction when the remaining 1% oneshots us.

(but this sadly will remain just a dream)

On a more general point of view: reduce the amount if iframe/supera-rmors in game for every class, use passive skills to give classes a self-identity, move a bit the slider from gearscore to actual player's skill, give PvP some real reward (being it Rank/Honor Points or whatever).

PS: add speed steroids for horses and boats :), reduce the amount of RNG based things and all the obvious requests common to all classes

Posted

Give us goddamn proper DP scaling.

Everything is based around AP!

Besides that, let our buffs actually affect our self too.. I'm still crying every time I cast heaven's echo knowing it doesn't do jack shit for myself.

Posted (edited)

I would be fine with just a tweak to our passives. If we are supposed to eat a lot of damage because we have huge casting times and are easy targets for grabs because of our reduced mobility compared to others, no iframe and being rooted in place due to these long casting animations, I would rather have more HP and DR and would welcome innate grab resistance (after all if warriors and zerks can have grab pen why can't we have grab res ?) as well since war/zerks can nullify 80% res grab with gear+skills, making my effort to gem against them pointless. I can understand that they rely on grabs and need to have better odds on highly evasive classes but... we aren't one and I always feel like a prime target for grabs as from our opponents point of view it's "grab the valkyrie and kill her in 2 sec" or "try to cc the valkyrie and not being able to damage it".

And no, 6 seconds of blessing every 3 mins doesn't cut it (the awakening buff seems ok though)

Edit : It's rather minor since we have plenty of ways to switch but not being able to sprint with the lancia out (outside of the 'E' buff) is annoying at times.

Edited by WeaselPaw
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Being forcibly reverted out of Lancia when using our best in combat movement skill (death line chase) in any direction besides forward.

Forced reversion out of Lancia to use celestial spear.

Inability to use heaven's echo with Lancia.

SP consumption of Purificatione.

I'm fine with AP being the dominant stat...as the alternative would be an un-killable face-tank...which I wouldn't find fun at all.

On an extremely minor note....our skill names being in a language that makes pronouncing them, spelling them, and subsequently even bothering to try and remember their names being a chore at best...was not the best decision.  Don't let that be the priority though...please fix the above first.

Edited by ODB3698
Added a minor note

Posted

unnecessarily long animations on our enslar 100% and verdict....either add iframes to the animations of make them cancel-able

4 people like this

Posted

i only need a grab while in awakening stance with grab success like warri/zerker

3 people like this

Posted (edited)

Simply give us the option to be true tanks, if we go the DP path, giving up nearly all our damage potential, we should have something back, not getting wiped by button mashing classes 

So fix DP scaling, lowering AP ones, there's no point in having 99% damage reduction when the remaining 1% oneshots us.

(but this sadly will remain just a dream)

On a more general point of view: reduce the amount if iframe/supera-rmors in game for every class, use passive skills to give classes a self-identity, move a bit the slider from gearscore to actual player's skill, give PvP some real reward (being it Rank/Honor Points or whatever).

PS: add speed steroids for horses and boats :), reduce the amount of RNG based things and all the obvious requests common to all classes

I feel the only way this can happen is if our passive skill changes to +x% DP. The % would obviously mean higher dp, higher scaling. If it equal 100% when max out and you on 400 dp, then you get 800dp. Possibly overkill but it opens up doors to make Valk a true tank.

250 dp = 500 dp etc

I think the % number needs tweaking but a method whereby you run insane DP, you get rewarded for it.

*Edit* before someone says anything about scaling, who here remembers when everything was +15 how much more tanky we were!?

Edited by Mountain Hound
1 person likes this

Posted

Being forcibly reverted out of Lancia when using our best in combat movement skill (death line chase) in any direction besides forward.

Forced reversion out of Lancia to use celestial spear.

Inability to use heaven's echo with Lancia.

SP consumption of Purificatione.

I'm fine with AP being the dominant stat...as the alternative would be an un-killable face-tank...which I wouldn't find fun at all.

On an extremely minor note....our skill names being in a language that makes pronouncing them, spelling them, and subsequently even bothering to try and remember their names being a chore at best...was not the best decision.  Don't let that be the priority though...please fix the above first.

You can use heavens echo with lancia by going into shield stance and hitting spacebar, but i do agree on the SP consumption on purificatione

Added some of the suggestions in the main thread

Posted

remove "pvp reduce dmg" in some of our awakening skills as currently the vast majority of them are nerfed for pvp(no other awakened class has so many nerfed skills on pvp).

Afaik, that's not true and every awakened class has all their skills "nerfed" in pvp.

Posted

We haven't got alot of the KR changes to Lancia yet, so hard to say but:

Main issues:

Party Buffs should effect ourselves

Purification's self heal is absolute dogshit compared to Pulverize/Tempest and laughable compared to the new zerker heals.

Our grab is Garbage and we should get either a Grab resist ignore passive, or a Grab resist passive

Our Lancia 100% should be a faster cast time or longer range.

Need better transition from Shining Dash back into lancia via Promt, all i've found it good for is a quick dash/grab

Judgement of Light needs faster animation.

Posted (edited)

DP would need more than better scaling to be fixed; the stat is completely worthless in PvE which is 99% of the game.

DP should give mob AP.

Edited by Catherine
1 person likes this

Posted

DP would need more than better scaling to be fixed; the stat is completely worthless in PvE which is 99% of the game.

DP should give mob AP.

I was with you until you said PVE....if your having a hard time with pve content then I got some bad news for u...

Posted

I was with you until you said PVE....if your having a hard time with pve content then I got some bad news for u...

So what you're saying is that you can grind just fine and efficiently in Aakman with full DP accessories and offhand?

Tell me your secret.

Posted

A grab like grab's warrior
block anti cc 360° like warrior
We have a shield and warrior not (lol), why can they block 360° anti cc ?

1 person likes this

Posted

So what you're saying is that you can grind just fine and efficiently in Aakman with full DP accessories and offhand?

Tell me your secret.

I have 400 dp and it helps me one shot all the mobs in Zystria. You just have to believe hard enough and it will happen~ :D 

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Valk dies way too fast to Criticals.  And in a team situation, 90% of what you;re being being hit by are Criticals that you literally can't do anything about because either they're AOE's that ignore your shield, or you're being CC spammed by 3 ppl at once, or some arsehole is lagswitching and backstab fishing you like its fooking Darksouls.   There is no L2P here because there is no avoiding them unless you had a skill with 100% uptime on SuperArmor which is just out of the question to begin with.  No the problem is how overly generous Critting is for button mashing n00bs 

Give Valks scaling critical resistance = Valk becomes a real Class that in turn makes Team formations a REAL THING, that in turn helps make lots of other classes like Tamer & Ninja & Plum into real classes too.  Valk is the keystone to highly organized PVP and it's time P.A. embraced that potential Meta instead of this Call-of-Duty-with-Swords crap that PvP currently devolves into

Edited by iller

Posted (edited)

it feels like my CC doesnt do well to punish my opponents some of the time. maybe its due to lag. but I feel as though a sorc should be punished for dashing headfirst into me, me reading it, and then using purification to stun. instead they dodge it entirely and proceed to vanish int oa frontal guard Violation or mow the lawn.

but if we W + F at an improper moment, we get slammed for it (you wont see a sorc punished for spamming their iframe, or a giant for using lava splitter into his earth breaking CC  leading to his grab). So either give us more forgiving options to engage that makes people avoid certain attacks, or nerf other classes.

Also they need to change our passive to critical resistance. Seriously, +10% Cast speed what does this even mean? They intentionally made our attack slow ( sword of judgement for instance) and I use this outdated skill (at least in regards to it being replaced by lancia skills) because this passive was in the game before they decided to even give us awakenings. 

So they designed the class with slow attacks and said let us give them a 10% passive boost in order to increase the offensive capabilities, but here is the thing... What are we comparing this 10% boost to? We do not attack at the same rate or with the same mechanics as any other class that uses casting speed, what I mean is you will not see a Sorc or A wizard say "wow that Valkyrie casting speed is fast in comparison to mine". Because you cannot compare the speed of a melee attack such as SoJ with like Chain Lightning.

So I just find it really questionable that they designed our class and gave it a 10% buff that we have no option but to use. it just feels like a lousy passive. if that 10% buff represents a arbitrary number like say 70 base casting speed. Then the Valkyrie class is a class with 70 base casting speed and no passive. and if the class would be unplayable or extremely difficult at 63 base casting speed (-10% passive) Then why the hell is it designed this way?

Edited by NiTianErXing
1 person likes this

Posted

Low hp and dp

Should have 2nd highest HP of all classes so base 2.8k-3k hp and highest dp of all classes +100 base dp.

that is all

Posted

Tell me your secret.

that's counter intituitive of what the D in DP stands for, maybe if your saying some sort of thorns aura in pve where damage was based off DP I could understand but that would merely supplement damage output but effectively neuter u in any other situation.

the fact that u want to deal more damage because you take more damage would make our class OP in terms of pve, no one is soloing aukman efficiently, regardless of their ap/dp

Posted

Concerning all this AP / DP scaling business... after all these months I am still totally perplexed with this game. I mean, and it might sound silly, but come on... what exactly is the deal there, where, more or less, a real "glass cannon" class and a real tank class (Valkyrie) have the exact SAME DP??? (OK, excluding any self DP buffs, which aren't exactly spectacular either).

So, just because everyone can use the SAME gear means everyone also gets the freaking SAME stats????? What kind of game design is this? I doubt I have seen anything similar in decades, we used to have something like this in an old MUD I was playing back in 1995 or so, then again, even there, a number of other factors that had to do with race and class, in the end did make a difference.

Why on EARTH do you even need a tank class then? What for exactly? Yeah, these are quite rhetorical questions here. But still. And yes, I still don't care one bit, I do love the class, haven't played anything else since head start and I doubt I ever will. But come on now, being stubborn with our beloved Valkyries doesn't mean to also be blind.

If this game actually wants a true tank class to be around and have even some basic meaning and function, truly fundamental changes are in need. Sure thing, I keep reading about all your suggestions and ideas about smaller or bigger fixes and alterations, mostly for skills and such, and all this is cool indeed. But really, no matter what, a class like this, will NEVER shine, and I mean shine in some particular ROLE, I mean to be really quite GOOD in that role, better than anyone else. This won't happen as long as the real basic problem persists, and sadly it doesn't have to do just with Valkyries, but all the other classes too.

So, if you ask me, the one thing I would like to see: a complete and LOGICAL rework of how DP works and SHOULD work, not in some generic fashion but for each and every class. At the very least, Valkyries should receive a lot, and I do mean a wholesome freaking L-O-T more of it, so that she becomes what she is meant to be: an immovable tower of strength, one that LASTS and holds the line, one that actually absorbs damage and has stamina, not some lousy pushover that will melt even in 2 seconds, given the right circumstances (call me, the right CC coupled with some "juicy" AP / "juicy" awakened skill with insane % damage output).

I hope you get the idea. On top of that, a Valkyrie holding up her shield... Why the fook is that shield also "melting" like it is made of wax? Sure, it is again coupled to DP, but come on... a big, metal shield? Should actually be able to hold a small army away and receive some serious beating, like... a tank eh?

Well that's it. I mostly read about ways to make Valkyries "deal some more damage" or even "get some more kills in", and yeah why not, but come on, this is NOT the class's role. I would be perfectly fine if I can't kill anyone (or OK, maybe just some "weaklings") or sure if our "PvE" is slower and all, but then again give me / us what we should have: TOUGHNESS to the point of immortality (maybe it is closer to that way in most PvE, then again show me pls some "paper thin" class with good enough gear / DP that suffers from silly PvE mobs too - as for "PvP"... nvm).

1 person likes this

Posted

Block should work from behind valk

2 people like this

Posted

Block should work from behind valk

agree. awaken block should have 360 cc resist the same as non-awaken block

1 person likes this

Posted

agree. awaken block should have 360 cc resist the same as non-awaken block

id bea start to making tank build more useful.that and fixing dp scaling