• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Take a moment to list what you don't like about Valkyrie

55 posts in this topic

Posted

lol, you know where they -----'d up?....The goddamn wep choice...they put valk in with warrior and gave them the same logic....then they let them fend for themselves lololol Seriously though, i feel like they were too lazy to think of a wep that would compliment all of valk's skills and qualities. Warriors drop their sword and shield but have you seen all that frontal RELIABLE block that's coming off them while they use their Great Sword? KINDA DEFEATS THE PURPOSE OF DROPPING THE SWORD AND SHIELD.

Any other wep for valk and they would've been able to bring better skills and do what most would consider a great concept for valk...Do you guys even look at most of the skills?....SOoooooo much thrusting. A Sword/fake ass lance we using(concept wise) for some thrusting skill animations?

Just Counter and flow

Sharp Light

Righteous Charge (last hit for knockback)

Shining Dash (last hit)

Lancia Training (god damn slow piece of shit)

Secrum Ferit and Flow

Gastigatio (really funny, when you look at her moving that big ass lance really fast, like what? You can do that here but not for other skills?)

Hastiludium

Blitz Stab and Flow

So much thrusting, you'd think it would've been better if they'd gone with a different wep type like an actual lance(old timey pointy, very pointy one) and or SPEAR.

Some of these skills would be made so much faster with the use of a SPEAR, skills like that basic ass Lancia Training (what the actual fck kinda skill is that? What black void of logic did they pull that shit animation from? The animation speed would be so much faster with the use of a Spear.

Take a moment to imagine Valkyrie holding a pointy sharp staff or a SPEAR, adjust casting speed, dmg, range to the different skills you've come to know and love in concept only....go on, it'll only take a sec.

(b*tch-slaps you) dafuq are you doing imagining great things? mmm?

Another thing is being able to stack some kinda of buff (that's worth it...) that would differentiate Valks from the other classes. When you look at sorc, those fckers are only stacking AP, ACC, and EVA. Evasion being their go-to problem solver in terms of being able to survive a full on zerg of people, lets say 10-12ish. Do you guys ever take a moment to just look at them totally destroying your back lines in node wars or RBF? It's fcking ridiculous, watching the hysteria build up on your members (like: where dafuq is this b*tch??? Aaaaaaaahhhh...b*tch just killed five with ease) as they try to face ONE sorc who's evasion paired with the lag and desync of the game makes them unkillable (until someone lands a grab and we put them in the ground) The movement from that class alone is really just unmatched.

Yet people are happy about gaining the little movement from Valk's Awakening....do you get why the class is still shit?

I really want to see the new classes they bring to the game and see if they make new weps or just put em in with the choices already available.

To get back on topic:

Make the 100% a location based skill and not a target required skill...you know how embarrassing it is to not go anywhere WITH YOUR 100%?

Atleast let me move and land in an area where I think the enemy will come close to and maybe deal a bit of the AOE dmg to them....like seriously

Posted

So, rather than make a rant thread about the cons of our class. I was thinking of making a constructive criticism thread about our Class. I'm hoping to get some feedback so I may share this post with some GMs to forward to Pearl Abyss. I'll be updating this post accordingly with the replies on here. Don't put things such as "this class sucks, it does no damage". I've always been Optimistic about our class, but I honestly feel like we are the only Balanced class in a game full of unbalanced classes (Anyone else agree?). Please don't take this thread the wrong way, because I really do love the class. There's a reason why Valkyries are a rare sight to see.

Suggestions for the class in this thread so far:

-Fix DP, remove "pvp reduce dmg" in some of our awakening skills as currently the vast majority of them are nerfed for pvp(no other awakened class has so many nerfed skills on pvp).

-Give us a reliable grab (possibly on awakening, as it is very uncomfortable now). Our grab is worse than any other grab in the game and even if we succeed on landing it people decync out of it.

-Proper DP Scaling

-The ultimate has slightly too long of a cast time

-Possibly Tweaking the Passives, we have reduced mobility and an easy target for grabs compared to others. Not really any iframes.

- We need the KR changes that make our W+F faster

Appreciate the concentrated information, while I do browse the many subclass forums it can be somewhat tricky keeping tabs on the vast number of perspectives being presented. I'll continue to pull info from here and a few other threads here regarding the adjustments to the Valkyrie class players would like to see.

I'd also like to take a moment to shed some additional light that many of the improvements folks may have seen in the KR version of BDO will be approaching as we continue to make headway towards the goal of being caught up by the end of the 2016. I'll try and provide as much information as possible when it reaches my hands, and as always thank you for contributing to these threads.

11 people like this

Posted

Appreciate the concentrated information, while I do browse the many subclass forums it can be somewhat tricky keeping tabs on the vast number of perspectives being presented. I'll continue to pull info from here and a few other threads here regarding the adjustments to the Valkyrie class players would like to see.

I'd also like to take a moment to shed some additional light that many of the improvements folks may have seen in the KR version of BDO will be approaching as we continue to make headway towards the goal of being caught up by the end of the 2016. I'll try and provide as much information as possible when it reaches my hands, and as always thank you for contributing to these threads.

I want to be a real turtle :(

Posted (edited)

valk is great, just not in 1v1s

all it needs is a reliable grab that can be used in lance and maybe a little more hp (more than warrior less than zerker)

or just...fix the broken classes (remove ranger grab)

Edited by Dinkus

Posted

i love you, thank you for taking the time to let us know that we aren't being ignored. A key factor about this thread is to show a lot of us have some problems with the class. Theres a reason that Valk is one of the least played classes :/

Posted

i love you, thank you for taking the time to let us know that we aren't being ignored. A key factor about this thread is to show a lot of us have some problems with the class. Theres a reason that Valk is one of the least played classes :/

*makes -pitiful- turtle sounds*

So yea. Time for my real feedback.

Tankiness for the amount of DP we get, even with buffs, really doesn't feel like enough for true turtledom. I'll happily sacrifice attack for it.

1v1 in awakening is, well, clunky. I like the movements and animations, but it's the -aiming- bit that feels shot to hell. Like, I can spin my camera all I want, I'm still barely going to have control of my thrusts..... Makes me feel like we were given a big lance to compensate for that. But. We all know it isn't the size but the technique. ;)

Grab desync. I don't think I need to detail that.

OH! Sanctitty being prioritized over Righteous Charge after using Celestial Spear. It's driving me BONKERS. Please, please have mercy. Pleassssssssssssse! (seems to happen when wanting to use Hastidium sometimes too - but it always happens with Righteous Charge, even when I severely slow down my index finger hitting F)

And on Sanctitty: .............you know the Jump of Shame that was patched for Witches/Wizards? Yea. It's worse. >.<

Posted

*makes -pitiful- turtle sounds*

So yea. Time for my real feedback.

Tankiness for the amount of DP we get, even with buffs, really doesn't feel like enough for true turtledom. I'll happily sacrifice attack for it.

1v1 in awakening is, well, clunky. I like the movements and animations, but it's the -aiming- bit that feels shot to hell. Like, I can spin my camera all I want, I'm still barely going to have control of my thrusts..... Makes me feel like we were given a big lance to compensate for that. But. We all know it isn't the size but the technique. ;)

Grab desync. I don't think I need to detail that.

OH! Sanctitty being prioritized over Righteous Charge after using Celestial Spear. It's driving me BONKERS. Please, please have mercy. Pleassssssssssssse! (seems to happen when wanting to use Hastidium sometimes too - but it always happens with Righteous Charge, even when I severely slow down my index finger hitting F)

And on Sanctitty: .............you know the Jump of Shame that was patched for Witches/Wizards? Yea. It's worse. >.<

if you get the timing right, you get used to not using sanctity after cs spear, I can show you in the arenas if you're on edan

Posted

if you get the timing right, you get used to not using sanctity after cs spear, I can show you in the arenas if you're on edan

Yea, we talked about this earlier. Unless I pause a full second, Sanctititty activates.

That aside, the ghosting shouldn't be happening in the first place, especially not when I'm making a point to press W before F, instead of pressing both at once.

Posted

So, rather than make a rant thread about the cons of our class. I was thinking of making a constructive criticism thread about our Class. I'm hoping to get some feedback so I may share this post with some GMs to forward to Pearl Abyss. I'll be updating this post accordingly with the replies on here. Don't put things such as "this class sucks, it does no damage". I've always been Optimistic about our class, but I honestly feel like we are the only Balanced class in a game full of unbalanced classes (Anyone else agree?). Please don't take this thread the wrong way, because I really do love the class. There's a reason why Valkyries are a rare sight to see.

Suggestions for the class in this thread so far:

-Fix DP, remove "pvp reduce dmg" in some of our awakening skills as currently the vast majority of them are nerfed for pvp(no other awakened class has so many nerfed skills on pvp).

-Give us a reliable grab (possibly on awakening, as it is very uncomfortable now). Our grab is worse than any other grab in the game and even if we succeed on landing it people decync out of it.

-Proper DP Scaling

-The ultimate has slightly too long of a cast time

-Possibly Tweaking the Passives, we have reduced mobility and an easy target for grabs compared to others. Not really any iframes.

- We need the KR changes that make our W+F faster

Well, for example, all Maehwa awakening skills have 'reduced damage in pvp'. Literally all. Except autoattack.

Just my 5cents

Posted

I would like to not be a trash class struggling to be noticed. It's like owning an AMD card over NVidia.

People suggested some good things here, I'd like to be able to have a true damage potential or true tank potential, take your pick or give both depending on the build.

Posted (edited)

Well, for example, all Maehwa awakening skills have 'reduced damage in pvp'. Literally all. Except autoattack.

AFAIK only sorcs and rangers has some skills that aren't reduced in pvp (and still most of them are).

Edited by WeaselPaw

Posted

First off, I like to say I love the playstyle of the Valk and I'm sure most here are the same.

Secondly, I think when dp scaling is fixed, the majority of the issues with the class are reduced.

That being said I'd like to put in my 2 cents worth. 

I feel that awakenings have blurred class lines far too much, warriors needed their buff and the greatsword does great damage for them, but their block with it seems ridiculous.

Did Rangers really need a grab? Why not give them a shield too and they can do everything and there is no point in any of the other classes.

Sorcs where always a massive pain with their iframes and mobility but the amount of damage they do now is madness.

This leads me on to the first thing I think needs to be addressed with the Valk, if we are blocking and an opponent is in front of us, there is no way damage or cc should be hitting us from behind due to massive aoe, it just doesn't seem realistic, in fact it's the opposite. The next thing that makes me throw my hands in the air is the super armour on charge attacks/spinning attacks, just remove it all, it's stupid if I stab someone in front of me, I dont care if she's spinning with a scythe I would damage her and she would damage me.

Finally I wish they would sort out the collision detection, some skills pass straight through and some collide, why? Does stabbing someone one with a lance make me incorporeal? I can live with having no iframes we have the shield mechanic as a counter but it only works if these classes can't pass straight through us.

Well thats all I can think of atm.

Hope this is seen as I intended it, as my own opinion and as constructive feedback.

Posted

The sp cost of our chase ability seems way to high. I should be able to use any non awakened ability by quickslotting it, from awakened stance taking me out of awakend stance. I should be able to lock celestial spear. The placement of awakening pull and spear needs to be refined, im not gud enough to land them where i want them currently. Our block should be drastically better than a sorc that has no shield and isn't even a blocking class.

Posted

please tell the kr overlords to make us real tanks

Posted

can we talk about that thing that happens when you're in awakening stance fighting lets say 5-6...10 ppl and you decide to Shift + S, but you think it'll block (OFF COOLDOWN FFS) but it doesn't and you take dmg.....and die like a total pleb.

If the skills aren't gonna work as intended then why the fck do we have them?

Why the hell does Death Line Chase not even go a bit further than what it does currently? *caw-caw* "cuz the logic of the lance states that I am heavy and cannot move much" FCK THAT! Are they seriously saying we should stay in range of ALL the classes, specially the awakened? LOOK AT THE FCKING RANGE ON THAT SHIT, they can all hit you. You call that dodging? I'm forced to be careful with my DLC and SC (shield chase), are you fcking kidding me with that shit?

WAVE oF FCKING LIGHT - the hell is wrong with this skill in pvp? People getting pulled but not bound? The damn description even says "BOUND if hit succeeds" I've seen opponents go all the way to the center and just walk the fck away. Are you telling me it hit but didn't hit? THE FCK KINDA LOGIC? Increase the goddamn range and reliability in pvp ffs.

Sanctitas de idfcam - Again, the skill that complements WoFL, is made increasingly useless with its ghosting, I pulled them, the target was on them, then why didn't Sanctitas go to them? You're essentially telling me to wait like half a sec to use this skill after WoFL, but can't do that in the heat of the battle when every action counts.

PUNISHMENT - I'm all for the C > E  --no i'm not, but lets pretend-- Why wasn't Noble Spirit made just a quick slot skill? To have E be a grab while in awakening...is that too much to ask? As for argument as to how Valk can just drop the lance and grab someone like that?.....Magic, just fcking magic, look at how she spawns the Lance in the first place (while out of combat, press C), out of nothing. MUST BE THE GODS!!!.........do it.

Bring the damn patch already, won't be an upgrade but maybe it'll help ease my growing insanity for having put money into this class.

1 person likes this

Posted

My main problem with valk is our grab range. its just terrible compared to other classes. The reason for it is lack of 'step' before grab like the one warrior have. when they press E they step forward and grapple which gives them superior range. In fight that is all about who gets more grabs it's huge disadvantage .

Fix to w+f into w+rmb would be nice, because if you use on after another your w+rmb does no dmg for some reason. My guess is that float breaks the hit detection.

Reduction of wp cost of all abilities in pve would be nice too. We are forced to spam space after every skill and chug herbal juice to be able to compete with other classes in grind speed and movement speed.

That's about it overall very interesting class to play, able to win any 1v1 fight even vs overly geared players <3 what else can we ask for.

can we talk about that thing that happens when you're in awakening stance fighting lets say 5-6...10 ppl and you decide to Shift + S, but you think it'll block (OFF COOLDOWN FFS) but it doesn't and you take dmg.....and die like a total pleb. ****shield chase provide frontal block if u dash backwards your shield face to the back and thus you get back attack on top of non awk block being much weaker.

If the skills aren't gonna work as intended then why the fck do we have them?

Why the hell does Death Line Chase not even go a bit further than what it does currently? *caw-caw* "cuz the logic of the lance states that I am heavy and cannot move much" FCK THAT! Are they seriously saying we should stay in range of ALL the classes, specially the awakened? LOOK AT THE FCKING RANGE ON THAT SHIT, they can all hit you. You call that dodging? I'm forced to be careful with my DLC and SC (shield chase), are you fcking kidding me with that shit? **** double side shield chase or ani canceled death line chase can put you away from others aoe in not even a second. you can also use non 100 % F to avoid any type of damage or cc when they charge in for you.

WAVE oF FCKING LIGHT - the hell is wrong with this skill in pvp? People getting pulled but not bound? The damn description even says "BOUND if hit succeeds" I've seen opponents go all the way to the center and just walk the fck away. Are you telling me it hit but didn't hit? THE FCK KINDA LOGIC? Increase the goddamn range and reliability in pvp ffs.*** cough* ever heard about  resist? also WoL have only 2 hits and I think only 1st one apply bound.

Sanctitas de idfcam - Again, the skill that complements WoFL, is made increasingly useless with its ghosting, I pulled them, the target was on them, then why didn't Sanctitas go to them? You're essentially telling me to wait like half a sec to use this skill after WoFL, but can't do that in the heat of the battle when every action counts.*** out of range or they used iframe/very fast movement skill your aim lock losses it's target.

PUNISHMENT - I'm all for the C > E  --no i'm not, but lets pretend-- Why wasn't Noble Spirit made just a quick slot skill? To have E be a grab while in awakening...is that too much to ask? As for argument as to how Valk can just drop the lance and grab someone like that?.....Magic, just fcking magic, look at how she spawns the Lance in the first place (while out of combat, press C), out of nothing. MUST BE THE GODS!!!.........do it. **** spotted Valk that can't handle weapon swaping thus class is terrible.

Bring the damn patch already, won't be an upgrade but maybe it'll help ease my growing insanity for having put money into this class.

****Valk dmg output skill cap has increased by like 200% with awk sorry it's not soo easy anymore. 

And sorry for the salt can't take when people shit talk the master race without knowing how skills work.

Posted

sounds like the same old song and dance, last time a mod said pretty much the same exact thing we had to wait 4 months to even see something on the patch notes and when we did, you ended up buffing a couple of irrelevant skills.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

sounds like the same old song and dance, last time a mod said pretty much the same exact thing we had to wait 4 months to even see something on the patch notes and when we did, you ended up buffing a couple of irrelevant skills.

Just wait and be patient. We'll probably get something after all the awakenings are out.

Wait.... I have seen the future.... January 4th patch notes will read the following:

Glaring Slash will now do increased damage in PvE.

Divine Power will now give you a commemorative sticker that reads (If I believe hard enough I will become relevant and you will use me oh great valkyrie sama.)

Oh also they'll be removing Blitz Stab from the game because reasons.

Jokes aside I still love my Valk tho :C and I still keer people just fine soooo meh. I'm too lazy to argue about issues as long as i'm enjoying myself :o

(although I do complain about other stuff now and again :C i.e. me having 74% grapple resist but everyone / thing still having 100% grapple rate on my bodeh llOTL)

Edited by Momofu
Forgot the nerfs.
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Second'ing this.  And not to throw rotten fruit at the CM.  We've all been here time and again.  We know the CM's are meatsheilds and its their job to mitigate damage.  But this is a situation where merely Mitigating, imperils the Game itself.  If you ever come back to this thread Aetheon ... even if you barely play Valk yourself, you have to understand this isn't just about this one class.  This is the ENTIRE METAGAME that's being held back by the fact that this Class is not pulling its own weight in large fights.  And more importantly;  It's because it's missing a crucial Mechanical Synergy that would balance and fix the gankyness of this poorly unorganized team dynamic.  I'm not claiming to know what that exact mechanic is.  But I know it's some kind of Defensive/Utility mechanic and the only way the game itself is going to improve beyond this horrible PVP meta that's directly injuring player retention ... is if you make this a priority by not just casually having it be a footnote in some report to the Designers in KR.  NO it has to be the TOP priority of class inclusiveness in their next balance sweep.  Valk needs a STRONG UNIQUE mechanic.

Ignoring this issue or only paying it lip service, utterly destroys the Immersion of the PVP Mechanical Aesthetic for ALL Classes. The game is BROKEN without this

Edited by iller

Posted

And sorry for the salt can't take when people shit talk the master race without knowing how skills work.

lol, good thing I didn't check back on this yesterday, I would've ripped you a new one. 

You must be one of those fcking idiots that confuses "Shit talk" for clear observations. If you fcking idiots want to go around to every new game that comes out, throw STRAIGHT UP CASH AT THE FCKING GAME AND NOT POINT OUT THE CLEAR AND VISIBLE PROBLEMS WITH IT....you must be what's wrong with the world. 

Keep on trolling...

As for master race? I'm the only race that matters

1 person likes this

Posted

lol, good thing I didn't check back on this yesterday, I would've ripped you a new one. 

You must be one of those fcking idiots that confuses "Shit talk" for clear observations. If you fcking idiots want to go around to every new game that comes out, throw STRAIGHT UP CASH AT THE FCKING GAME AND NOT POINT OUT THE CLEAR AND VISIBLE PROBLEMS WITH IT....you must be what's wrong with the world. 

Keep on trolling...

As for master race? I'm the only race that matters

#crow  you fcking idiot.

caw.....caw....

Only thing you've observed is your lack of skill at playing valk :) not the real class problems.

1 person likes this

Posted

Couple things for me would be to have grab in awakening and make it easier to get our ap up pretty sure the new shield will help. 

Posted

Allow spin effect for Valkyrie skills in PvP. Even a low chance to spin would improve damage significantly.

Add a natural HP recovery passive. Would help with survival PvE or PvP.

Buff Elion's Blessing. 2 min cooldown for a 6 sec buff? Seriously?

Posted

My main problem with valk is our grab range. its just terrible compared to other classes. The reason for it is lack of 'step' before grab like the one warrior have. when they press E they step forward and grapple which gives them superior range. In fight that is all about who gets more grabs it's huge disadvantage .

Fix to w+f into w+rmb would be nice, because if you use on after another your w+rmb does no dmg for some reason. My guess is that float breaks the hit detection.

Reduction of wp cost of all abilities in pve would be nice too. We are forced to spam space after every skill and chug herbal juice to be able to compete with other classes in grind speed and movement speed.

That's about it overall very interesting class to play, able to win any 1v1 fight even vs overly geared players <3 what else can we ask for.

W+F into W+Rmb breaks the damage? I never really noticed. Is it a consistant thing happening with you? I'm going to try it out when I log back in

Posted

W+F into W+Rmb breaks the damage? I never really noticed. Is it a consistant thing happening with you? I'm going to try it out when I log back in

It's happened to me once or twice but it's usually because the game desyncs and the person I was running over ends up being magically behind me :<.