• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

recruiting! {RoW} Ravens of War [Mercenary RP-PvP] - Looking for skilled PvPers GS 400+

210 posts in this topic

Posted

1. Talk about yourself as a gamer, what games you played, what experience you have with PvP, PvE, and RP.

I've been a gamer since as far back as I can remember.  While I started on consoles (NES, Sega, etc) I moved away from that quite a while back.  The last system I owned was a Sony Playstation.

Since then I've been playing games on PC, dating back to games for MS-DOS (Commander Keen, Doom, Duke Nukem) and I've never looked back.

I've tried a lot of MMORPG's (Star Wars: The Old Republic, EverQuest2, WildStar, Final Fantasy 14) but have remained consistently in World of Warcraft since the day it launched.  I actually just recently stopped playing WoW, and primarily play Black Desert Online now.

I've participated in plenty of PvP in WoW, but my primary focus was PvE where we regularly cleared end-game raid content.  That said I very much look forward to plenty of PvP in Black Desert Online, and can be a very competitive player.

Now, regarding roleplay:  I have very little experience in this, but I am interested.  The little experience I have was solely with my best friend (Rovella) who is also applying to your guild.  This was in World of Warcraft.

2. Give an overview of a medieval character you want to play in Black Desert Online. (Please have a normal name)

First, my characters name is Tanvyr Sunderlight.  He is a middle-aged Warrior.

I chose Warrior because it is what my mind immediately goes to when I think "medieval rpg".  I started my Warrior in WoW on day 1 and played it as my main until the day I stopped playing.

In Black Desert, the idea behind a Sword & Board Merc is very appealing to me (something Rovella and I have talked about quite a bit already), which sounds like it should match your guilds story pretty well.

3. A short paragraph describing your character story. (3 sentences minimum)

Tanvyr comes from a noble family, being pushed into the Calpheon military by his parents at an early age. While he embraced many things about a soldiers life (discipline, training, personal honor), he found himself wanting much more than a single capital could provide. And so he left the more traditional structure of being a champion, and is seeking a strong and resolute group to be a part of, lending his natural pugnacity of a warrior to become something more.

Hello! I'm looking to join up with your team with a friend of mine (Tanvyr, 50 Warrior). Please feel free to PM me with any questions. :)

1. Talk about yourself as a gamer, what games you played, what experience you have with PvP, PvE, and RP.

I've been gaming for a long time (20 years?) and it's my primary hobby so I'd say I'm pretty active. I've played various MMO's like WoW, SWTOR, FF, GW2 and some others and also dabble in FPS's and RPG's. Most of my MMO career has been in end game PvE with PvP tied in for guild nights and arenas with friends. I'm not the type to seek out individual 1v1 PvP but definitely throw myself into the fray with group settings, almost always playing a support type. With RP, I've been doing it for about 10 years on and off when the setting and social group inspires me, and plan to do a lot of it in BDO as the world is just too immersive not to.  I play a level 50 Valkyrie and appreciate the support the class has, even without a traditional trinity in the game. 

Currently I'm looking to join a guild with my long time gaming partner, Tanvyr. We're both adults who are hoping to find a home to dedicate ourselves to, be very active in and make new friends in the new world of BDO. Neither of us played BDO in beta, but we've already learned so much and look forward to becoming as adept in this game as we have in others. 

2. Give an overview of a medieval character you want to play in Black Desert Online. 

I'm building her story as I go for the most part, bringing in the template of a fallen knight that I played in another game. Currently she is chaotic neutral, conflicted between the life she was born and raised in, and the one she wants to make for herself. I have a profile in progress. 

3. A short paragraph describing your character story. 

Miandia Rovella is a somewhat new adventurer who gave up possible glory and prestige (she may or may not have been expelled from the academy  >.>  ) in order to seek a more enterprising and hedonistic way of life. She's a tenacious young woman (early 20's) with an undisclosed passion to become a privateer on the high seas, often running away to Epheria for days on end as an adolescent. Already associating herself with various marauders and a more treacherous class in society, she's trying to walk the line between staying true to what her parents wanted for her as a person, and the natural urge she has to requisition everything she can in life.

Currently she's seeking a crew to join up with in hopes of making her own place in the world, instead of being just another number in the Holy College of Calpheon. 

Character name: Miandia Rovella
Family name: Rovella

Hidden Content

Both good apps. PMed you both a link to our discord for an interview. Please use your forum names as Discord names, so you're easy to recognize.

Posted

Oh, man, you gotta love the people who drop an application, and then never check the forum, or the private messages again. Good stuff.
We are still recruiting, room left for 15 people, actives only, feel free to apply.

Posted

What are your plans regarding node wars?

As far as I understand, all other guild wars are dropped during the battles, so you can't exactly join the battle as a mercenary on behalf of a different guild. They will all be red to your players.

I understand that some of your members are very capable players, but if you're outnumbered 2:1 you're looking at a very uphill battle that could have been avoided. Are you going to stick with the 50 player cap or raise it in the future?

Does your guild do party grinding or is it mostly a solo affair with guild/voice chat for company?

Do you go to war in order to fight for grind spots or do you relocate / join forces?

1 person likes this

Posted

Oh, man, you gotta love the people who drop an application, and then never check the forum, or the private messages again. Good stuff.
We are still recruiting, room left for 15 people, actives only, feel free to apply.

Hello there!

I'll assume you are speaking of my application and Tanvyr's and we did make sure to check the forums daily after we applied.  We hadn't heard anything back in a few days even though your GM and officers had been on the forums during that weekend and assumed our applications were not of interest.  When we did hear back, we only received a discord link in a PM and nothing more.

We have since found a great guild. Best of luck to you guys!

1 person likes this

Posted

What are your plans regarding node wars?

As far as I understand, all other guild wars are dropped during the battles, so you can't exactly join the battle as a mercenary on behalf of a different guild. They will all be red to your players.

I understand that some of your members are very capable players, but if you're outnumbered 2:1 you're looking at a very uphill battle that could have been avoided. Are you going to stick with the 50 player cap or raise it in the future?

Does your guild do party grinding or is it mostly a solo affair with guild/voice chat for company?

Do you go to war in order to fight for grind spots or do you relocate / join forces?

Good questions.

1. There are some ways around the no-war system. Three of the most obvious being - flagging on enemies directly, getting into party with the customer guild, or temporarily tagging contracting troops to the customer guild. There are some other ways, like placing your own structure to enter the event, but not defend it, instead, defending the customer, and being allowed to hold the node for a period of time in the future, upon agreement.

2. The current plan for the guild charter is 100 people total, 50 of which are PvPers in the field and 50 auxiliary/support members.

3. We party grind all the time. And do party scrolls all the time. And do guild bosses all the time. Though some things in BDO are best done solo. Undeniably.

4. We routinely go to war over grind spots, unless the fight is clearly unwinnable, then we relocate. On occasion it happened that we joined forces, it's situational, largely depending on the attitude of the people at the spot. Can't really give a blanket statement answer to that one. I'd say overall, 50% go to war, 35% leave, 15% join forces.

1 person likes this

Posted

On point 1, there may also be possibilities open when whaling comes around, there is a way to indirectly pay a person while doing it.

Posted

Thanks for the reply folks. Unfortunately I've already found a place for myself, but if things change I'll definitely look here again. Sounds like good leadership. :)

Posted

Thanks!

As of today, Ravens of War are still recruiting wizards, rangers, and valks, but other classes are welcome to apply as well.

Posted

Please welcome members of Emporium, who have joined forces with us! Here's a toast for a long and prosperous union!
169_365_pixels__goblet_by_igorsandman-da

Posted

Thank you everyone for quickly rallying and responding in flexible manner despite Daum's best attempts to make Node Wars chaotic. We built the fort and learned about base defenses, and now Ravens of War own a node.

noderavens.thumb.PNG.7a97933eaa886fc3678

We started small and humble, and succeeded as a result. Good work.

node3.thumb.PNG.b1a098fe58c1b6bc04a72643

Our little fort.

node1.thumb.PNG.e0e3c431c31c52c8cb08eb54

node4.thumb.jpg.b79823434fbcef7eab3dfed2

node5.thumb.jpg.b2d57426f16c5c065ee264c9

Posted

A nice guild picture. The mercs wrap up camp and march out on the road.

?format=1500w

Posted

Ravens of War is looking for 12 more members to fill out our 60 man charter.
Wizards and witches get application priority.

Posted (edited)

Come join the Ravens of War! We are a fun 18+ community with lots of in-game activity. We successfully assisted TGB with taking the Omar Lava Caves on Monday and took the Southern Neutral Zone for ourselves this evening. 

Not to mention, we have a guild house.

RoW3.jpg

Contact Konrad_Knox, Ayel, or Merlana in-game if you are interested. 

Ravens of War took the Karanda Ridge node this evening! Join our fight and be a winner.

Edited by Dryft
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Latest guild progress.
State of the treasury:

money.thumb.PNG.d5c97b3e920b0fb66cee47de

Edited by Konrad Knox

Posted

Ravens of War took a lvl 2 node last night with the help of our customer and ally as part of the pact.

snipp.thumb.jpg.70e8c46e76eac448ac6c0513

For all other inquiries, we are for hire!

Posted

Ravens of War are recruiting again! Players of all classes are welcome to apply!
Killers, builders, roleplayers, casuals - if you are social, and enjoy mercenary work, stop right by! New players welcome!
If you've survived the Pay2Win purge and don't want to join the zerg, aim to join an underdog, or lost your prior guild - we'll give you a new home!

With an updated mission statement and a new, more casual schedule, we are aimed to refill our roster with new blood and ready to meet cool people!

Fly with us!

Posted

RoW is recruiting new and seasoned players alike. With the P2W leaving spree, we're happy to welcome players who still love and play BDO, regardless of class, level, or schedule.
Our helpful, fun, and supportive little community will welcome you and help you advance. Apply here, or whisper Konrad_Knox, Aiiping, or Elenwea ingame.

Posted

RoW presently recruits PvP rangers with AP of 155 or higher.

Posted

Well folks! Woohooo, we survived til server merge with 2 level 2 nodes, and 73 members strong roster!

Welcome Edanites and Unonites!

Ravens of War is aiming to grow to a 100 member roster and is recruiting active PvPers interested in Mercenary Work - minimal requirements are level 56, Gear Score 370 or higher, all classes welcome, but wizards, berserkers, and rangers are top desired classes!

Our guild has been active since Closed Beta, and we'll be opening for business after the merge!

Posted

Are you still recruiting??

Posted

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Trash.

1 person likes this

Posted

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Trash.

I dunno. We're holding our own with guilds in our tier.

scores.thumb.png.727994598c80e4f90355316

Are you still recruiting??

Sure are.
Whisper Konrad_Knox ingame.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Ravens of War now stands at 80 members and we are recruiting to top off to 100. Also welcoming small mergers.

A non-hardcore tier 2 RP/PvP guild, specializing in mercenary work for hire and marketing our services as a supporting force to more hardcore guilds, with the aim to stay in business and keep afloat. 500 000 - 1 000 000 salaries for skilled PvPers.

RP-PvP, casual PvP friendly.

Presently we are giving preference to rangers and berserkers, but all recruits are welcome to apply.
Minimal gear score is 390 with 150 AP.

Interested in PvP, but don't have the time to be in highly competitive top tier guilds? Or simply like to progress at your own pace? Stop by, plenty of work here.

For roleplayers out there, who enjoy in-character interaction and storytelling, we are a hybrid roleplaying guild that exists in character, and we're the strongest and longest lasting roleplayer guild. If in-character is your bag, definitely check us out.

Edited by Konrad Knox

Posted (edited)

The Chase: fleeing the apex predator

7047bc4756a2f97f710879cdca3cf048.gif

The catch:

df9cb3248164482e4de053f1aa20bb0d.gif

Right, anyways, where were we? Ah, yes. Recruiting! Still are. 80 / 100. 20 spots left!
PvP berserkers - badly required! If you're a pvp zerker, you're pretty much in! (Well, assuming you comply with the guild requirements :) )

Caw caw!

Edited by Konrad Knox

Posted (edited)

We're working on the guild boat to become mercenaries at sea!

Also!

Finally, we have now officially opened our own roleplay venue!

Saturday Nights at 11 PM Eastern - Tarif 1-2 on Calpheon 2, under Torana.
The Maiden's Fancy Entertainment House: Burlesque, Cabaret, Open Bar, Dinner.

fancy1.thumb.PNG.f9f9e5bd06d3d547d2eda96fancy2.thumb.PNG.460e64cbf1733daa63af04d

Edited by Claire Janatris