• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

recruiting! {RoW} Ravens of War [Mercenary RP-PvP] - Looking for skilled PvPers GS 400+

210 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

APPLICATION FOR:  Sidil “Tiptoes” K. Lochley

OOC Information –

For starters, I’m a HUGE RP fan and have been playing RP games of some sort or another since I was a child.  This love for RP got me into writing where in WoW, my guild came up with the goal to develop story-based RP/PvP server events.  It was a ton of fun!  For that reason, I ended up being a GM for about two years and eventually branched out into other games with the same basic idea.

For the technical info, I have Discord though I rarely use it these days. For time zone, I’m on EST and will typically be online after 8:00pm each night. 

As for MMO experience, I’ve played just about every role but tend to gravitate towards a tank.  For BDO, I’ve chosen to try something completely different and play as a Witch.  My character is actually from a story I was writing that after publishing a small portion, several people emailed me how much they liked the character and asked me to do more with her.  At the time, she was a secondary character with little importance but in developing her more, I just couldn’t not RP her in this game.  Besides, it’s good to sometimes break away from a comfort zone and try something new.

As for the rest of the questions, I’ll give a brief overview of Sidil and then simply add a short RP of her intro into the world of BDO.

Sidil, while being an elf, stands only about 5’5” which is why she was nicknamed “Tiptoes” at a very early age.  Quite simply, she so short that she was often forced to stand on her toes in order to see much of anything around her home town.  In addition to her height, Sidil is very small framed, keeps her hair in an often off-kempt style, and for some strange reason, usually dyes it blue.  She is free-spirited, overly blunt, and commonly comes up with the most unusual and crazy ideas to solve whatever problem she faces.  Strangely enough, they work in most cases.  She has no inhibitions and often speaks before she thinks.  

RP Introduction – Crimson Sails

Fl2ciYg.jpg

PORT OF VELIA – 2340hrs

The cool breeze that normally blew in from the north was absent, torn and replaced by an unnatural dry warmth.  The heat though, drew little notice by the common fishers and sailors of Velia as they watched the flames grow on the horizon.  They had heard the explosion, felt the sounding blast tear across the open waters.  It was the unmistakable cry of death – the final plea for mercy known only by those who had lived the war of the sea. 

A great and mighty warship had died.

SYREEN STRONGHOLD – 0127hrs

“Sir, the Maria Gaile has been engaged and destroyed as ordered.  None survived.”

The General sat at his desk and gave no physical response to the report of his most trusted commander.  His voice, calm, determined and demanding an undeniable presence.  He was the right hand of the Lord Marshal and chief among the Striders.  Above all, he knew the fullest extent of the plan.

“Are you certain of your statement Commander Tomlin?  There can be no room for errors in this late hour.  So precarious is our chance of victory.  The slightest of whispers can turn the outcome of this war.”

“My Lord Matthias, we executed the crew, then set afire to the powder storage.  I can assure you, we left none alive.”

The General paused for several long moments.  “So be it then.  Order the fleet to set sail for Calpheon.  The time has come.”

Commander Tomlin bowed before the General, “Aye.”

PORT OF VELIA – 0535hrs

The small fishing boat stirred cautiously through the waters as the rising sun began to break across the horizon.  The scene of death and carnage spread all across the surface of the water as the remaining fragments of the once proud Maria Gaille crumbled and broke apart.  Her crew, lost forever in the black depths of the sea.

“THERE, that one looks like she’s still alive!”

“Yup, I see her.  Good eye!”

With a swift effort, the small crew of sailors pulled the floating crate towards the boat.  Inside was the battered, yet barely conscious body of a blue-haired Elf.  With an explosion of that size, how could it have been possible for her to survive?  

“Miss, can you hear me?  He wiped away the blood from her face as she desperately tried to recollect his voice.  “What’s yer name lass?”

She choked for a brief moment, and drew in a long, pain-filled gaze into his eyes, “I, I don’t know.” 

7pDKwhp.jpg

Edited by StriderBDO
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Nice! There's no life like being shipwrecked! Of course, there's shipwrecked, and then there's shiprekt!
Like, fighting a sea monster with a sword, balancing on top of a floating crate in the middle of the open ocean in the maelstrom of a storm. That - is proper shiprekt!

2017-02-08_36533956.JPG

---------------
*In Character*

--------------

*A unusually tall man strode across the pier as if he owned it, drumming against the planks with the clacking and knocking of steel sabatons atop heavy leather boots. He breached the crowd collected by the docks, and shoved his way through, moving people out of the way, to take a look at what the sailors pulled out. Most got out of his way, having recognized either the man himself, or simply out of common sense, seeing him being clad in full plate armor, and gave him room. A few of the more brawny kind contested their right to stand where they were and shoved back, to be promptly removed with a shoulder grab by a steel gauntlet. He was muscular, almost 7 feet tall, with a set of western transitional plate upon him, and a crest on his chest with a black bird of spread wings, talons ready for attack, depicted in descent, on the background of blood and grey smoke. The same crest was embroidered on his black cloak. Although his armor was no doubt high quality and very expensive, despite badly beat up, he wore no surcoat and no knightly belt, indicating that he is not a knight or otherwise a noble, but a wealthy man at arms. He did however, wear a chest sash of a military commander, indicating a rank.*

docks.thumb.jpg.2323e5a6e6da676be0544e58

"Out of my way." - the armored man grunted. For a few moments he watched the ongoings, and tried to not lose track of the rescued person.

==============================================================================================================

Guild Activity Update!

Ravens of War 1st ship adventure...

ships.thumb.PNG.f6141626ab995e8802cfb382

ship3.thumb.PNG.bd6a4c146b4f8dca1e4e0f41

ship4.thumb.jpg.14c7c992e6d5131e45e6c35d

4 hours later.....

crate.thumb.PNG.d5a06f9a3e3d90799fcac04e

You haven't lived life until you've battled a sea monster with a greatsword, balancing on a floating crate in the middle of a storm in open ocean, having survived a shipwreck!

Edited by Konrad Knox

Posted (edited)

RP Update:

*Konrad sits down in his office and slowly, carefully, spells the report line by line in the company books. The large hand struggles with the quill, shaking fingers handling the writing implement with more tension than a sword. He writes very slowly, but does so correctly, checking grammar for references in other books. Never a master of spelling and certainly a novice at punctuation, he takes a long time cross referencing books, having some difficulty reading at times. But he is patient and eventually produces a complete and correctly written report on the first try, without cross-outs or blotches.*

Following a successful performance through the past 3 months, the Company closes its second fiscal quarter with the following profits and total budget.

unknown.png

The total earnings from maintaining the territory of Altinova Gate ledger had come out to the capital spending funds equal to:

3,780,682,581 silver

Total earnings from additional mercenary contracts and western territories chartered on the Ravens of War free mercenary company:

unknown.png

8,488,274,778 silver

The financial goal of building the war chest has been met.
The financial goal of building the start up investment capital has been met.
The financial goal of constructing a military class marine vessel "The Conspiracy" has been met. Workers have been paid out salaries.
The financial goal of securing legal approval for heavy grade cavalry units under Heidel's magistrate have been met.
The financial goal of raising heavy grade cavalry units, Valencia Elephants has been met.
The financial goal of accumulating additional capital for founding Raven Trade Shipping and Handling Co. & Associates has been met.
The financial goal of acquisition and support of The Maiden's Fancy entertainment establishment subsidiary in Tarif has been met.

Raven Trade Shipping and Handling Co. is hereby signed into foundation.

Company Master: Konrad Darian Knox
Research Consultant: Caine Freemont
Warehouse Manager: Claire Janatris
Security Officer: Renliff Von Thompson
Commerce Officer: Rosuane
Chief Engineer: Dharian
Maiden's Fancy Subsidiary Owners: Zesik, Mia Torana

Further recruitment needs:

- Trade professionals
- Marine navigators
- Labor workforce
- Skilled Combatants

crestvas.thumb.png.7a96e52586c42781b43eb

Edited by Konrad Knox

Posted

CAW CAW CAW!!

Posted

Ca-Caw! Ca-Caw! Now you speak my language, brother!

Posted

gastheweebs.com

Posted (edited)

gastheweebs.com

Don't hate, just play the game.

Edited by Konrad Knox

Posted

If I wasn't a noob I'd try to join, but my main toon is still super low on level.

Posted

If I wasn't a noob I'd try to join, but my main toon is still super low on level.

I dunno, sounds like you'd fit right in.

1 person likes this

Posted

I dunno, sounds like you'd fit right in.

You sure?