• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Fishing node bug - wrong fish, etc.

6 posts in this topic

Posted

Halfway between Ostra and Iliya islands is a fishing POI for Porgy.  The node is therefore south of (the large) Iliya Island.  EVERY fish I caught there was labeled as being from Racid.  Racid Island is considerably Northwest of Iliya.  Therefore, despite connecting the nodes, all my fish sold at reduced rates.  In addition, despite having fished for a considerable time at the POI, I have yet to catch a single Porgy, and nor have the other fishermen in my guild.  Everyone gets the same results.  Thanks.

Posted

Pay no attention to those fish markers. They're just a red herring.

See what I did there?

Posted

Whether or not the markers are a red herring, I need to know where to fish to be at the proper node.  I had all the islands south of Iliya Island linked to Velia.  However, whenever I fish there I get fish labeled from a node well NORTH of Iliya!  Something is wrong there....  How can I get decent trade income based on that?

Posted

Racid is the node for Arusha see. And Arusha seas surround Iliya. Check your mini map it tells you where you are.

If you're not very close to (or on) a specific island, the name of the sea will tell you the node :

ie :
seas of Balenos : Luiviano,
seas of Cron : Baremi,
seas of Nox : Invernen,
seas of Banto : Padix,
etc...

Posted (edited)

The mini map told me that the affiliated node for the place I was fishing was Illiya not Racid!  Are you saying that I can't believe what the mini map tells me?   This is very confusing.  Where is this information posted so that I don't waste a whole day fishing again?  I'm a relatively new player and I regularly hit all the websites, but I haven't seen the list you posted anywhere.  Thanks.

Edited by OldGamerBroad

Posted (edited)

if it were Iliya, the node would be Iliya. Try to reproduce with a screenshot or a vid of your minimap telling "Iliya" and not "Seas of Arusha" or hear what you're answered. You're the one asking, no need to ask if you refuse every answer.

The map don't tell what affiliated node it is btw, that would be the icon on the left. I was speaking of the mini map, on the right and the zone name written on it in a blue police.

the list I posted i made it myself, with dozen of hours of fishing and noting down.

Edit : my bad, the map is actually telling the affiliated node, but i was talking about the title of the map telling what Zone you are in , as in at the top of the map. And what node is associated doesn't tell what node the fish will be associated. For the fishes it's one "capital" / sea zone. That's not a bug, that's a simplification of the fishing system. When you think about it it's more confortable to rely on one only node when you fish in one zone.
Old knowledge pins (these are and never were hot spots) are still located in old places and not relevant for anything else than your knowledge status.

I'm currently on the porgy pin south of Iliya and you know what my map says? "Seas of Arusha". And you know what? i'm not surprised.
Not a bug.

Edit  2 : if you're too short on CP and or don't use the value pack for the remote invest and or don't wanna sail there to invest, better dry your fishes than selling them at 30%. The higher your processing though, the higher number of dried fish you get and you might get almost as much money from the sale as with a regular trade with no distance bonus. Dried fishes sell very well on Marketplace. all of them. Also, they stack and you can fish longer.

Made this from the BDO Tome Map with little corrections. not 100% accurate for the zones drawing and not 100% complete but you should get the ideaFishingNodes.thumb.jpg.6add6b374d9169366

Edited by magret

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0