• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Maehwa Awakening Movement/Attackspeed bugged?

25 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I was trying out the awakening, and I realized everything feels really slow, as if I'm playing with 120% weight when I have awakening weapon out. I did some movementspeed comparisons with my friend who is a Sorc, and for trying purposes we both went down to 0 movementspeed stat.

When we both had normal weapons out, we move at same speed. When I pull out my awakening weapon I move slower than him. And with us both having awakening weapons out, I'm still slower than him. And it's not just movementspeed that feels sluggish, it's also the attacks and especially "recovering" after attacks, it's literally as if I was playing with overweight, where both movement and attacks gets slowed down.

If I go back to using mainweap I feel quick again, everything as it should be.

So basically is anyone else being slowed down with their awakening weapon or is it just me? Or is it intended, spear makes everything slower, including movementspeed? Cause it feels awful. Really hoping it's just a bug. Looking at videos of Maehwa Awakening from Korea it looks quick, but it's hard to compare from live game and watching a video. So please can some of you do some tests as well to see if it's just me or not.

Edited by Janden

Posted

Even if this is the case the likelihood of this bug being overly noticed is small. The Maehwa community is "very" small.

Though the best thing to do is this: @CM_Aethon This player, as well as I are concerned about the movement / animation functionality.

KR video footage leads me to believe we are "slower."

Posted

Yea it definitely feels slower with our awakening weapons, i hope it's a bug.

Posted

I also have this feeling. Compared to the videos I saw on youtube from korean players, ours feels like the non-buffed version (animation speed buffs etc.).

Posted

I have the same feeling.

Posted

I'm experiencing the same thing. Some of the animations feel slow/clunky compared to KR. Not sure if it is a bug or we'll get smoother animations in a future patch. 

Posted

Chase is slower with it out, tested it last night

Posted

Nothing wrong on this end. Chase is faster in awakening, but less distance. Attack speed is about the same compared to non awaken.

Posted

There is nothing wrong with the awakening. Its a different weapon so you have to get use to different mechanics, it won't feel exactly the same as the sword because its not supposed to. Also General Apricot increases attack speed.

1 person likes this

Posted

Yea it's the same as KR i believe, i think all the video's most people see are heavily effected by food buffs and alchemy stones making it faster.

Posted

Chase is a little bit shorter on awakened, because with the normal weapons (blade) it spins once at the end. And a little bit slower. But you get the slide chase which is fast.

Posted (edited)

A few patches ago in Korea it was said musa had the same chase distance as Maehwa, i tested this with a musa in my guild yesterday and he had a noticeably longer chase than me (Tested for both forward and back chase). We have the same movement speed and everything running no food buffs, so only 4 from the magic crystal, and wearing the same gear with an empty inventory in case inventory weight played a factor.

I also run capped movement speed and i can tell you tht we do not move as fast as Korean Maehwas are right now.

Edited by SereneWaves

Posted

blader easily dashes 2x as fast than we in our awakening, can't even keep up with blader while backchase-canceling in blade.

IDK if it's a bug but now every single class can outrun me in awakening, which is absolutely stupid because not only we're the slowest class, also the most squishy. Why don't we have a dp buff or some other defense mechanic other than a shitty block?..

i'm doing alright in 1v1's so far, but just did a siege and i felt even more useless pre-awakening because atleast i could scout better then.. meanwhile all the bladers in guild got top kills :( 

1 person likes this

Posted

blader easily dashes 2x as fast than we in our awakening, can't even keep up with blader while backchase-canceling in blade.

IDK if it's a bug but now every single class can outrun me in awakening, which is absolutely stupid because not only we're the slowest class, also the most squishy. Why don't we have a dp buff or some other defense mechanic other than a shitty block?..

i'm doing alright in 1v1's so far, but just did a siege and i felt even more useless pre-awakening because atleast i could scout better then.. meanwhile all the bladers in guild got top kills :( 

shitty block?! You serious? Our block is very good. And for siege, I've never had more fun. I was literally destroying ppl. Maybe it's your GS or players that's the problem. I do way more burst than any blader in my guild and I have lower ap than some by a decent margin. 

Posted (edited)

shitty block?! You serious? Our block is very good. And for siege, I've never had more fun. I was literally destroying ppl. Maybe it's your GS or players that's the problem. I do way more burst than any blader in my guild and I have lower ap than some by a decent margin. 

yes? we cant move when we get hit on our block, not sure if it's intented or not that way. Only way to get out when hit is casting royal rage, but if the enemy gets in ur back then you get cc'd and theres nothing you can do about that. Lets say youre out of stamina and you have to block, sorc does violation trough you and you will get knocked out of block every time, no way to avoid it. Maybe theres another way to get out of block when getting hit? then please tell me.

Also i never said our dmg is a problem

Edited by Prim nw

Posted (edited)

yeap, only warrior's block works in a way that u cant be cced with violation ticks. this i dont like ;) but tbh i kinda feel our block is quite strong, for sure i wouldnt say its weak... 

and its true when u r hit u "cant do anything" - its the same on a warrior. U have to iframe out of the dmg - thats how warriors keep their block for ages, the take some dmg, iframe, take some more, iframe + super armors in between. 

Edit: guess u cant iframe out of the dmg sadly; / u have to click lmb and then try it. 

Edited by lopezpower

Posted

Well, last night while doing a guild mission at helms I teamed up with a musa. His chase was alot faster than mine, with awake weapon out both of us. Just a feeling.

Posted

Yeah its true, musa moves faster. But u can go into blade stance, move higher distances and switch to awak stance b4 u decide to attack. I think its the same in korea cause thats what koreans r doing. 

Posted

Only problem i have with the block is that its a toggle.

I much preferred it when you held the button down to stay blocking.

Posted

yes? we cant move when we get hit on our block, not sure if it's intented or not that way. Only way to get out when hit is casting royal rage, but if the enemy gets in ur back then you get cc'd and theres nothing you can do about that. Lets say youre out of stamina and you have to block, sorc does violation trough you and you will get knocked out of block every time, no way to avoid it. Maybe theres another way to get out of block when getting hit? then please tell me.

Also i never said our dmg is a problem

When blocking and "block locked", LMB for Ryal Rage and F for stigma. If a sorc gets behind you then they out positioned you. Anticipate their moves. Out flank them. Sorcs always try to get behind you, just like a ninja will teleport behind you to grab. Just learn your opponent and your vulnerabilities vs your opponent. 

Posted

When blocking and "block locked", LMB for Ryal Rage and F for stigma. If a sorc gets behind you then they out positioned you. Anticipate their moves. Out flank them. Sorcs always try to get behind you, just like a ninja will teleport behind you to grab. Just learn your opponent and your vulnerabilities vs your opponent. 

stigma doesn't work when getting hit on block, only royal rage. I just feel like it should let u able to use abilities, because most ppl when hitting you on the block will have super armor or front guard up so royal rage won't stun them. 

Posted

stigma doesn't work when getting hit on block, only royal rage. I just feel like it should let u able to use abilities, because most ppl when hitting you on the block will have super armor or front guard up so royal rage won't stun them. 

Try it. It works fine.

Posted

No, stigma does not work when getting hit on block, but alright ill get used to it eventually i guess.. still weird it works that way

Posted

No, stigma does not work when getting hit on block, but alright ill get used to it eventually i guess.. still weird it works that way

Blocking has higher priority over all skills except Royal Rage. I think Exitious is saying use Royal Rage THEN use Stigma. Or actually you can also use chase/sleet/drill/bloom/tenacious depending on the situation

1 person likes this

Posted

Blocking has higher priority over all skills except Royal Rage. I think Exitious is saying use Royal Rage THEN use Stigma. Or actually you can also use chase/sleet/drill/bloom/tenacious depending on the situation

This is what was implied. Thanks for clearing it up.