• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Edan - LAG...

40 posts in this topic

Posted

Hello all.

Since the 3 days I been back in this game, I have noticed strong server latency issues.

Is the game lagging for everyone else? are some channels less laggy than others on  the Edan server?

Are there any plans to fix the latency issues?

1 person likes this

Posted

even on merge there isent any plans to fix though in theory should run better one server 36 channels.

Posted

Hello all.

Since the 3 days I been back in this game, I have noticed strong server latency issues.

Is the game lagging for everyone else? are some channels less laggy than others on  the Edan server?

Are there any plans to fix the latency issues?

This game has better latency, desync, lag resistance then any other game on the market. They spent 2 billion on this game!

Posted

This game has better latency, desync, lag resistance then any other game on the market. They spent 2 billion on this game!

lol wut

Posted

Other than the game being single player, that rare moment when PvP does happen it might as well of not had because people are warping all over the place making that also boring.

Posted (edited)

I have 34 latency, yet it takes 5 - 10 seconds for any NPC interaction to occur(such as selling items or marketplace to load what is available). Sometimes while fighting I will have killed the mob 10 times over before any dmg registers. Something is definitely very, very wrong with the server ATM.

Edited by Nimalla
3 people like this

Posted

Must be all those god-like PvPers. Even the server bows down to them!

everytime_c_652570.jpg

Posted

I have 32-50 latency and I always experience desync; there has never been a day in which I haven't rubber-banded or haven't experienced some sort of delay in actions. It's extremely frustrating and I'm not the only person who experiences it - when I experience it, everyone else does. There have been several points throughout the past few months where everyone/everything becomes unresponsive only to teleport and "fast-forward" all over the place moments later. Perhaps this is a "feature" Kakao Games should take into consideration when advertising their amazing game.

@GM_Dew This is a very serious problem that should have been addressed months ago. We haven't heard anything from you guys in ages and you have not made any progress in spite of "network improvements" you guys claim to make. What the hell is going on?

3 people like this

Posted

iirc this is an Edan-only problem, for whatever stupid reason, so hopefully the merge will fix it - either that or we're all screwed

Posted

I have 32-50 latency and I always experience desync; there has never been a day in which I haven't rubber-banded or haven't experienced some sort of delay in actions. It's extremely frustrating and I'm not the only person who experiences it - when I experience it, everyone else does. There have been several points throughout the past few months where everyone/everything becomes unresponsive only to teleport and "fast-forward" all over the place moments later. Perhaps this is a "feature" Kakao Games should take into consideration when advertising their amazing game.

@GM_Dew This is a very serious problem that should have been addressed months ago. We haven't heard anything from you guys in ages and you have not made any progress in spite of "network improvements" you guys claim to make. What the hell is going on?

I keep telling everyone that the desync and lag issues are routing issues, yet you all keep ignoring it and continue to blame the servers even AFTER I showed you all the hardware they're using.

They're by NO means using underpowered hardware, they're using some of the best datacenter grade hardware available, but even the best hardware can not fix either software or packet routing issues.

Posted

I keep telling everyone that the desync and lag issues are routing issues, yet you all keep ignoring it and continue to blame the servers even AFTER I showed you all the hardware they're using.

They're by NO means using underpowered hardware, they're using some of the best datacenter grade hardware available, but even the best hardware can not fix either software or packet routing issues.

ppl might pay attention if you offered solutions

also, when did they publish their datacenter specs?

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

I don't care whether it's hardware or software-related; the fact of the matter is that this should have been addressed ages ago yet is seems like it's something they've ignored - allowing it to worsen over time.

Where in my post did I mention hardware?

ppl might pay attention if you offered solutions

also, when did they publish their datacenter specs?

Not sure exactly what they're using, but their servers are being provided by https://www.leaseweb.com/ and they're located in Equinix's datacenters (http://www.equinix.com/).

They're probably using the $42.99 plan.

Edited by Catgrill
2 people like this

Posted

Hopefully, Mr. Trump plans to make the internet great again.

Posted

Read below

I don't care whether it's hardware or software-related; the fact of the matter is that this should have been addressed ages ago yet is seems like it's something they've ignored - allowing it to worsen over time.

Where in my post did I mention hardware?

Not sure exactly what they're using, but their servers are being provided by https://www.leaseweb.com/ and they're located in Equinix's datacenters (http://www.equinix.com/).

They're probably using the $42.99 plan.

Please do not assume that just because they are using a company I'm assuming you like that it means they have bought in to the best plan.

Personally, I am not too impressed by the content of the linked websites. I don't see any mention of that hardware being appropriate for gaming. As an end-user / semi-informed consumer, I would expect examples of what kinds of games Leaseweb hosts........ but that information is missing.

Also, for what is arguably a Triple AAA title... less than $500/month? What? Heck, clicking through the checkout I'm still not seeing the price going up much..... And what's with the Bandwidth limit?

This might be my most favorite part of their checkout process:

Response time: 24hrs – Free phone 24/7 support – Hardware replacement in 24hrs

Bronze – 24x7x4 ($ 39.00)

Response time: 4hrs – Free phone 24/7 support – Hardware replacement in 4hrs - 30mins per month of Advanced Support

Silver – 24x7x2 ($ 59.00)

Response time: 2hrs – Free phone 24/7 support – Hardware replacement in 3hrs - 60mins per month of Advanced Support

Gold – 24x7x1 ($ 99.00)

Response time: 1hrs – Free phone 24/7 support – Hardware replacement in 2hrs - 90mins per month of Advanced Support

Platinum - 24x7x½ ($ 149.00)

Response time: 30mins – Free phone 24/7 support – Hardware replacement in 2hrs - 120mins per month of Advanced Support

Do those response times not concern you?

Oh, and let's not forget about the charge for "Mail" or "SMS" monitoring..... And what the heck even is "Advanced Support"? Lawl there's a part of me that believes a Triple AAA game publisher wouldn't need that kind of service, ie has that manpower already on the payroll.

Can you see now why people keep saying it's the servers?

Also, as someone who doesn't remember seeing your little blurb on routing, etc, next time link it instead of coming across as so personally offended by people saying it's the servers.

1 person likes this

Posted

Read below

Please do not assume that just because they are using a company I'm assuming you like that it means they have bought in to the best plan.

Personally, I am not too impressed by the content of the linked websites. I don't see any mention of that hardware being appropriate for gaming. As an end-user / semi-informed consumer, I would expect examples of what kinds of games Leaseweb hosts........ but that information is missing.

Also, for what is arguably a Triple AAA title... less than $500/month? What? Heck, clicking through the checkout I'm still not seeing the price going up much..... And what's with the Bandwidth limit?

This might be my most favorite part of their checkout process:

Do those response times not concern you?

Oh, and let's not forget about the charge for "Mail" or "SMS" monitoring..... And what the heck even is "Advanced Support"? Lawl there's a part of me that believes a Triple AAA game publisher wouldn't need that kind of service, ie has that manpower already on the payroll.

Can you see now why people keep saying it's the servers?

Also, as someone who doesn't remember seeing your little blurb on routing, etc, next time link it instead of coming across as so personally offended by people saying it's the servers.

Okay, I can understand why you all think they're using low grade stuff. As unless you have experience in computer hardware, software and know what the terms LeaseWebs and other datacenters use, a person with no experience, whether informed or not, wouldn't know how to navigate the website.

After about 5 to 10 seconds of browsing their website, I came across this and this.

Bandwidth limits are also standard for ALL datacenters, I have yet to find one that offers 1GBps uplink ports that're completely unmetered. The dedicated server I used to own, I was guaranteed 500MBps with a data cap of 10TB, after that they throttled the connection down to 100MBps unless you decided to pay for more. Why is this you ask? Because the American internet infrastructure is absolute trash and cannot handle completely unmetered and unthrottled traffic.

IF America had it's internet infrastructure upgraded to North Korea's standards (1GBps standard for consumers), then datacenters would be able to handle it, but until ISPs and Lobbyists stop trying to leech their costumers for every damn penny they can get while giving as little as they can, you're pretty much screwed. I mean hell, we're talking about a nation with a Lobbyist that tried to legalize internet fast lanes for those who were willing to pay a premium.

To answer your question "What is Advanced Support?", datacenters only have to make sure your server is up and working and the hardware is fine, but some datacenters offer options to do software support as well, but it costs money. That is what "Advanced Support" is.

1 person likes this

Posted

Okay, I can understand why you all think they're using low grade stuff. As unless you have experience in computer hardware, software and know what the terms LeaseWebs and other datacenters use, a person with no experience, whether informed or not, wouldn't know how to navigate the website.

After about 5 to 10 seconds of browsing their website, I came across this and this.

Bandwidth limits are also standard for ALL datacenters, I have yet to find one that offers 1GBps uplink ports that're completely unmetered. The dedicated server I used to own, I was guaranteed 500MBps with a data cap of 10TB, after that they throttled the connection down to 100MBps unless you decided to pay for more. Why is this you ask? Because the American internet infrastructure is absolute trash and cannot handle completely unmetered and unthrottled traffic.

IF America had it's internet infrastructure upgraded to North Korea's standards (1GBps standard for consumers), then datacenters would be able to handle it, but until ISPs and Lobbyists stop trying to leech their costumers for every damn penny they can get while giving as little as they can, you're pretty much screwed. I mean hell, we're talking about a nation with a Lobbyist that tried to legalize internet fast lanes for those who were willing to pay a premium.

To answer your question "What is Advanced Support?", datacenters only have to make sure your server is up and working and the hardware is fine, but some datacenters offer options to do software support as well, but it costs money. That is what "Advanced Support" is.

Yea I've read that

Love the part that talks about low latency

Lawl

Posted

July 7, 2016 | Author Peter Lonis (Pre Sales Engineer)

AdServing_01_FlexibilityBecause gaming companies have so many different performance and scalability requirements for online games, it’s impossible to create a one-size-fits-all infrastructure for them. Different platforms (mobile/tablet, PC and console) and different business models (Pay-to-Play, Free-to-Play, etc) mean that every gaming company has different needs when it comes to technology, scalability and performance. This is why LeaseWeb has a targeted approach towards the gaming industry and offers a full portfolio of tailored solutions in datacenters around the globe to customers including Ubisoft, Capcom, Crytek, Hi-Rez Studios and Creative Assembly. Our approach helps gaming companies balance risks and costs in order to capitalize quickly on a successful game.

Pay-to-Play gaming companies can relatively easily predict how many people will play a game at any given time. They usually show steady growth and can therefore buy their own hardware or co-locate. To support them even more, LeaseWeb can provide a managed network so they will not have to invest in expensive networking hardware to be able to scale up or down when they need to. They can also use additional services, such as scaling with Bare Metal or add-on Cloud Services and a Content Delivery Network (CDN).

LSW_Gaming_XL

Example of advanced gaming infrastructure

Free-to-Play games are becoming increasingly popular with users and gaming companies. Gamers can spend what they want on a game, trying it out beforehand. Gaming companies can reach a much wider audience this way. The catch for Free-to-Play companies lies in the fact that it can be difficult to know how many people will play, how long they will stay and how much money they will spend at any given time. These gaming companies run great risks upfront and will look for a scalable, flexible and cost effective model to meet market demands. Since LeaseWeb is a large, privately owned provider, we can easily offer the economy of scale and attractive pricing they need.

Different platforms require different performance levels in Free-to-Play gaming. Mobile gaming continues to rise but the technical requirements are limited – the graphics are usually relatively lightweight. The scalability requirements however are enormous and Free-to-Play mobile gaming companies therefore look for an extremely flexible solution.

MMO (Massively Multiplayer Online) PC games, on the other hand, have huge performance requirements on the CPU level. It is absolutely imperative that MMO games have good performance: maximum uptime and low latency, especially when playing a First Person Shooter (FPS). A distributed and shared cloud solution can cause lags in the games, which no gamer would be happy with. This means that for an MMO FPS, you need bare metal processing power with servers located around the world.

It goes without saying that uptime is extremely important in the gaming industry, since no one will make money from an online game if it is down. LeaseWeb has redundant networks and redundant routers from different A-class vendors to make sure services will be online 24/7 while staying flexible, agile and cost-efficient at the same time.

Last but not least, companies can take advantage of our Pay-as-you-go model for handling launch peaks or big events for their online game. They can scale their platform by adding bare-metal servers on demand and only pay for the time they are actually used.

1 person likes this

Posted

Yea I've read that

Lawl

Completely off topic question. Your avatar, which anime is it from? The character looks really familiar.

Posted (edited)

I would agree it was US infrastructure problem but GW2, WOW, Over watch all play great, even Archage plays better. So if it was the US all games would lag thats just not the case

Yea I've read that

Lawl

Edited by Gotcha

Posted

I would agree it was US infrastructure problem but GW2, WOW, Over watch all play great, even Archage plays better. So if it was the US all games would lag thats just not the case

Yup my point exactly

BDO isn't the only game with US servers that requires low latency :)

Posted

it's partly that they chose to put the servers on the west coast instead of a central location like chicago.

Posted

trigedan12.thumb.png.d2ecb3bf36213339f93

Posted

it's partly that they chose to put the servers on the west coast instead of a central location like chicago.

it seems like most of the mmo have their server set up in california, i dont really get it why. is it cheaper over there or something? its weird how they dont just host it in the center of america.

Posted (edited)

I've played a number of games that have servers located on the West coast. I have routed multiple ways with multiple proxies, and monitored my packets the whole time. The game has serious issues unrelated to just routing, I assure you. And when you delegitimize the problems - it's people like you preventing solutions. The fact of the matter is this country is far too big for any reputable host to not only be unresponsive to obvious server issues but also locate a major platform on an isolated hemisphere. It's irresponsible and laughable.

I played on release and started playing again the past month. And I can tell you the problems have also worsened, for sure.

And even if it WAS simple routing. Developers, hosts and publishers have thousands of technology partners that they can reach out to. There is plenty of optimization that can be done. I've worked with publishers who go out of their way to negotiate routing tendencies with their technology partners and optimize networks for the masses. It is quite normal in the industry. White knighting and allowing a company to get away with things off of propaganda is not only mass-bargaining a bad deal for the masses, but it's also irresponsible from a consumer standpoint.

Just my 2 cents.

Edited by Vinley.BDO
2 people like this

Posted

sporadic latency issues have been on going for more than a month now on Edan.