• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

PVP during world boss

49 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Hi.

I would ask what players think about PVP during world bosses.

When a world boss spawns It takes some time to kill him and It is very rare to drop a boss weapon directly. However 100 auras can be collected and changed for the weapon in the worst case. Even so they don't drop everytime and collecting 100 auras may take some time. After getting the weapon the work is half done becouse there is the enchantment part that may take some time as well. It is worth the effort becouse the player can have a top weapon soon or later and there are 3 weapons for each class.

So i wonder if it is right allowing some players killing other players during world bosses and especially after killing it. What does happen if the player is killed continuosly and cannot get the boss drop in time becouse the drops disappear b4 the player comes back?

Open PVP or not i think that killing players for not letting them getting the drops they deserve after so much effort is a wrong way to play. I think so.Getting a full boss set is important and it gives a reason for continuing playing but if a player cannot get them becouse he is continuosly killed I think it is wrong. PVP can be done everywhere and it is ok becouse this is a game where PVP is important ofc but not like this.

For this reason, due to the fact that loosing an important drop that may require months to get, I ask to BDO programmers that every world boss drop would be sent by email to players so they don't loose them. If a player is killed soon after the world boss death and respawns away pets cannot get the loot in time. So due to the fact that the drop expires soon sending it by email should be a good solution.

Is there anyone that agrees with me or not?

What do You think? And please try to be Constructive.

Thank You.

Edited by OmegaXYZ
error

Posted

Hi.

I would ask what players think about PVP during world bosses.

When a world boss spawns It takes some time to kill him and It is very rare to drop a boss weapon directly. However 100 auras can be collected and changed for the weapon in the worst case. Even so they don't drop everytime and collecting 100 auras may take some time. After getting the weapon the work is half done becouse there is the enchantment part that may take some time as well. It is worth the effort becouse the player can have a top weapon soon or later and there are 3 weapons for each class.

So i wonder if it is right allowing some players killing other players during world bosses and especially after killing it. What does happen if the player is killed continuosly and cannot get the boss drop in time becouse the drops disappear b4 the player comes back?

Open PVP or not i think that killing players for not letting them getting the drops they deserve after so much effort is a wrong way to play. I think so.Getting a full boss set is important and it gives a reason for continuing playing but if a player cannot get them becouse he is continuosly killed I think it is wrong. PVP can be done everywhere and it is ok becouse this is a game where PVP is important ofc but not like this.

For this reason, due to the fact that loosing an important drop that may require months to get, I ask to BDO programmers that every world boss drop would be sent by email to players so they don't loose them. If a player is killed soon after the world boss death and respawns away pets cannot get the loot in time. So due to the fact that the drop expires soon sending it by email should be a good solution.

Is there anyone that agrees with me or not?

What do You think? And please try to be Constructive.

Thank You.

This is the risk you have to take in an MMORPG with an emphasis on Open World PvP. It is going to be a thing you have to contend with and that is kind of the entire point. Not to mention unless your guild is at war with another guild(s) then I highly doubt someone is going to blow up their karma on a pack of randos grabbing loot. Not worth it.

There are other ways to get boss gear drops, not even exactly from drops. You can preorder them off the Marketplace (which requires you to grind for money) or try for them off of the Night Vendor (also requires you to grind for money). The RNG boxes we have right now that you get literally for just being logged in (30 lauren family coins per box) even have Boss armor in them. Not to mention the auras you can collect off Kzarka/Karanda/Kutum now to exchange for the weapons that they drop.

If it ain't broke don't fix it and it ain't broke.

1 person likes this

Posted

If your guild is at war, and you go to a world boss on a channel with the enemy guild. The fault is yours. If the enemy guild is on every channel, undec, or get put under protection. Or don't go to world bosses when you're in guild wars.

Nobody flags up at a world boss because you'll instantly die from the fifty to a hundred other people there. 

2 people like this

Posted

Its actually really simple to get your loot when this happens. Have your pets out. get as close as you can and hit the V key. Your pets will still pick up loot as you move through the V state.

Posted (edited)

Hi and thank You all for your answers.

There are some problems during world bosses:

1) world bosses like karanda or kzarka stays in a small area

2) there are too many players in that small area

3) the game slow down a lot

4) I cannot see my character in that mess especially at karanda. I never seen such a mess on the screen.

5) I don't make in time avoiding being killed

Apart that, asking to send drops to character is a good way to solve things I think so if player get killed (so pk are happy) he doesn't loose the drops.

Isn't possible to add huge bosses fight like there were in shadow of the colossus for ps2 with the difference that many players kill it?

Bye.

Edited by OmegaXYZ
add

Posted

Hi and thank You all for your answers.

There are some problems during world bosses:

1) world bosses like karanda or kzarka stays in a small area

2) there are too many players in that small area

3) the game slow down a lot

4) I cannot see my character in that mess especially at karanda. I never seen such a mess on the screen.

5) I don't make in time avoiding being killed

Apart that, asking to send drops to character is a good way to solve things I think so if player get killed (so pk are happy) he doesn't loose the drops.

Isn't possible to add huge bosses fight like there were in shadow of the colossus for ps2 with the difference that many players kill it?

Bye.

Well yeah but that doesn't have much to do with what you initially posted. You were expressing concerns about PvP at world bosses and how it can make you not get loot.

If your concern is lag/framerate during world bosses while there is PvP going on again I have to repeat what was already said, you're only going to run into PvP if your guild is currently at war with other guilds. Try to avoid those channels if you can help it and you shouldn't run into this problem that you are genuinely creating for yourself.

Posted

If your guild is at war, and you go to a world boss on a channel with the enemy guild. The fault is yours. If the enemy guild is on every channel, undec, or get put under protection. Or don't go to world bosses when you're in guild wars.

Nobody flags up at a world boss because you'll instantly die from the fifty to a hundred other people there. 

except that you cant undec unless you started the war yourself, you cant war protect officers, and you cant possibly know which channel the enemy guildmembers are on since everyone hops for bosses.

So because other people like to be assholes and keep a dec up for no benefit other than beeing able to stay an asshole, the fault is mine because i actually tried to get bossloot when were at a war? Other People should be able to lock out others from certain content just because they can? And yes we do have guilds on our server who keep up wars 24/7 with several other guilds simultaneously (often casuals) just for the "fun" of it.

Posted

except that you cant undec unless you started the war yourself, you cant war protect officers, and you cant possibly know which channel the enemy guildmembers are on since everyone hops for bosses.

So because other people like to be assholes and keep a dec up for no benefit other than beeing able to stay an asshole, the fault is mine because i actually tried to get bossloot when were at a war? Other People should be able to lock out others from certain content just because they can? And yes we do have guilds on our server who keep up wars 24/7 with several other guilds simultaneously (often casuals) just for the "fun" of it.

Demote the officer, put them under protect, take them off 24hrs later and promote them.

Change channels if there's to many guild warred targets at the world boss, and find the channel the enemy guild isn't on. I've been involved in a perma dec since I don't even know when, the scores are so high it's got to have been a few months now. They play on Mediah 2 and rarely have anyone in other channels, it's easy to find a channel without your war enemies, they can't be everywhere. 

I go to bosses -1mil and sit back with my stub arrow poking away and don't get killed, so if you have a guild that goes out of their war to target you at bosses then you or your members' did something to make that guild salty and there's nothing you can do about it. Wait until merge when there's no point in having a perma dec on scrub guilds because of all the new guilds to war. 6 dec limit isn't going to be enough after merge. 

1 person likes this

Posted

U can v to drops and ur pets pickup

Posted

That's the game idea - open world pvp. Maybe join pve clan.

Posted

This is an open world game with risks for the victim and the offender.

Posted (edited)

Assholes keep dec up for no benefit? The benefit is to get pvp since most people go to worldbosses? If you get dec by someone, youve obviously done something to "offend" them or did something against them. OWPVP game, get your guild to go to the same channel if u cant handle a few reds by yourself. Or if you dont want any pvp or enemies at all just join a pve guild that no one can declare

Edited by Inexizz

Posted (edited)

Welcome to open world PVP you carebear. Most decs are for griefing or grind spot disputes so blame your guild mate that did it. Permadec's are a completely different monster. Those can be for simply someone using tears to turn someone negative up to a guild being extremely toxic. The guild I'm currently in has two permadecs, one is literally for two people who decided to use 6 tears each to make me negative. The one's who did the tear incident on me asked our GM and multiple officers to take off the dec but they refused based on the circumstances. The other one, which was taken off yesterday, was due to their guild being extremely toxic and one of their members thought it was a good idea to message me over and over for a half hour telling me to commit suicide in real life. You can guess I'm extremely upset with the individual who did that still even though it happened a couple months ago. And the only reason that one came off is because the offender is no longer in that guild. Can't do a world boss because of a dec? Switch channels. Don't want to PVP? Join a guild that owns no nodes.

Edited by TeRRoRibleOne

Posted

most players wont flag on others at world bosses when its in the middle of fighting for obvious reasons (like having 50 peoples aoe's smacking you at once) typically any pvp that happens at a field boss is the result of a guild war which restricts the combat between the boss and the guild who are at war, in which case its more of guild policy than personal policy in attacking people or not, some guilds are nice enough to recognize that griefing people at bosses is kinda a ----- move and wont do it unless they get intentionally targeted first, some guilds like being dicks and will go out of their way to kill others at bosses. and some guilds may just not like another specific guild enough to always hunt them down regardless of the situation.

Posted

Welcome to open world PVP you carebear. Most decs are for griefing or grind spot disputes so blame your guild mate that did it. Permadec's are a completely different monster. Those can be for simply someone using tears to turn someone negative up to a guild being extremely toxic. The guild I'm currently in has two permadecs, one is literally for two people who decided to use 6 tears each to make me negative. The one's who did the tear incident on me asked our GM and multiple officers to take off the dec but they refused based on the circumstances. The other one, which was taken off yesterday, was due to their guild being extremely toxic and one of their members thought it was a good idea to message me over and over for a half hour telling me to commit suicide in real life. You can guess I'm extremely upset with the individual who did that still even though it happened a couple months ago. And the only reason that one came off is because the offender is no longer in that guild. Can't do a world boss because of a dec? Switch channels. Don't want to PVP? Join a guild that owns no nodes.

i srsly hope you're just trolling now. Someone "turning you red" is reason enough for you to permadec a guild and grief all of their members a lifetime? Seek psychiatric help, im not kidding here. If any guild is toxic, its yours.

1 person likes this

Posted

i srsly hope you're just trolling now. Someone "turning you red" is reason enough for you to permadec a guild and grief all of their members a lifetime? Seek psychiatric help, im not kidding here. If any guild is toxic, its yours.

when members of a guild take that kind of action they should expect repercussions, be that a permadec on the guild or having those members kicked from the guild, its typical policy.

member from guild A does something extremely douchy to member from guild B.

guild B decs guild A.

fights ensue, guild A doesnt like being punished because 2 members were complete asshats so they reach out to guild B, some kind of compromise it met , or it isnt and the dec remains.

my guild has done a similar thing when somebody from another guild intentionally attempted to make a guildie lose exp (a level 59 guildie) to mobs. as you can imagine , death at 59 means alot of time and effort wasted along with the potential to lose gems, and at time expensive gems that can be at times difficult to replace (awakened spirit gems for exmaple)

if you were 59 or 60+ and somebody from another guild decided to... idk flag up on you grab you as a zerk and hold you inside of a karanda aoe, effectively suidicing and getting you killed, you then lost  a awakened spirit crystal. (so you just lost multiple hours of grind time AND like 20m+ that you cant exactly always just spend to get the gme back because they arent always on the market) say you then decide to kos the guy but he knows what you are doing and grief's you further by doing what was said and karma bombing you at a grind location or something. now idk what kind of saint you are but if that was me he'd already be perma decced and hunted down untill his guild thinks twice about housing members like that.

long story short , perma decs are not exactly always up permenantly to the end of time. but they are labeled as perma decs because they dont go down due to a length of time but untill some kind of compromise is met.

Posted

when members of a guild take that kind of action they should expect repercussions, be that a permadec on the guild or having those members kicked from the guild, its typical policy.

member from guild A does something extremely douchy to member from guild B.

guild B decs guild A.

fights ensue, guild A doesnt like being punished because 2 members were complete asshats so they reach out to guild B, some kind of compromise it met , or it isnt and the dec remains.

my guild has done a similar thing when somebody from another guild intentionally attempted to make a guildie lose exp (a level 59 guildie) to mobs. as you can imagine , death at 59 means alot of time and effort wasted along with the potential to lose gems, and at time expensive gems that can be at times difficult to replace (awakened spirit gems for exmaple)

if you were 59 or 60+ and somebody from another guild decided to... idk flag up on you grab you as a zerk and hold you inside of a karanda aoe, effectively suidicing and getting you killed, you then lost  a awakened spirit crystal. (so you just lost multiple hours of grind time AND like 20m+ that you cant exactly always just spend to get the gme back because they arent always on the market) say you then decide to kos the guy but he knows what you are doing and grief's you further by doing what was said and karma bombing you at a grind location or something. now idk what kind of saint you are but if that was me he'd already be perma decced and hunted down untill his guild thinks twice about housing members like that.

long story short , perma decs are not exactly always up permenantly to the end of time. but they are labeled as perma decs because they dont go down due to a length of time but untill some kind of compromise is met.

This.

Our guild currently has two permadecs up because of karmabombing AND trashtalk, and those wont go down until either of 3 conditions are met.

1: Said members are kicked from the guild, and the guild explisitly tells me they no longer accept that kind of behavior.

2: The guild gives us 50% of their guild funds.

3: 50% of their members have left the guild, at which point il take down the war.

The declaration ability is an intended, and perfectly legal mechanic in a game that emphasizes pvp.

Trash talking is not, and karmabombing is an unintended abuse of the no-xp loss on pvp death, allowing people to grief people through intentionally making people go negative karma.

I am under the strict belief that the way you behave in a game should reflect the way you would behave in real life, and we manage our guild the same way.

That means:

No trash talk, ever.

No karmabombing or exploiting.

I cant impose our rules on others, but, I can use the declaration button to make our views perfectly clear.

Best regards,

Tiger - Guildleader of The Exodus Company

www.exodusgc.net

Posted

World bosses need a blood sacrifice to give loot upon death. duh.

Posted

snip

that must mean that one guy from your guild, or any other guy from your guild for that matter must have done something completely douchy to that zerker some time ago ? Since otherwise noone would do such a thing, right ?

having a perma dec on a guild to be able to grief all of their members or bully them until they are forced to kick one of their members seems like a much more douchier move to me than 1 guy griefing another guy, which is between the two (and again, for obvious reasons, since noone would just permadec just for the fun of it, or to be an asshole, then also noone would obviously try to intentionally get another guy pve killed without a good reason either?)

Our guild currently has two permadecs up because of karmabombing AND trashtalk, and those wont go down until either of 3 conditions are met.

<snip>

I cant impose our rules on others, but, I can use the declaration button to make our views perfectly clear.

The irony is so strong in this one.

I am under the strict belief that the way you behave in a game should reflect the way you would behave in real life, and we manage our guild the same way.

and those wont go down until either of 3 conditions are met.

1: Said members are kicked from the guild, and the guild explisitly tells me they no longer accept that kind of behavior.

2: The guild gives us 50% of their guild funds.

3: 50% of their members have left the guild, at which point il take down the war.

some guys of that neighbourhood insulted us and therefore we want to see them completely destroyed and split up, or they give us 50% of their money, just like we handle things in real life. I know we cant make the rules, but we wont stop the fight until its done our way.

again, the irony...

You guys really are hypocrites...

Posted

We are getting wardec´s because one of us is "good" at Horse-Racing....... imagine that.....

Posted (edited)

that must mean that one guy from your guild, or any other guy from your guild for that matter must have done something completely douchy to that zerker some time ago ? Since otherwise noone would do such a thing, right ?

no , it does not, because some people are just douchebags and thats why people perma dec , so guilds dont encourage people being douches without having some kind of repercussion.

the theoretical situation of a zerk grabbing somebody and dragging them into karanda is just that , a theoretical example of something that depicts the douchy behavior some people do, and it is the very reason some people get perma decced.

in the situation where my guildie had somebody intentionally attempt to make him lose exp my guildie was farming bandits for idk half an hour , some other person (who shall not be named and neither will my guildie for that matter) saw him kill a shadow of gahaz elite claimed my guildie was "taunting him" because he killed a mob in the rotation he had been farming and flagged on him attempting to make him lose exp/gems to a mob. it was at this point we instantly decced the guild and starting hunting down that specific person.

most perma decs probably wont be initiated purely because of trash talking , but typically trash talking about people are already inclined to a perma dec just pushes more of said guilds leadership in the mind set of " lets perma dec them and make them regret it"

as @Dragonix stated , typically decs are initiated because of karma bombing and elevated to a perma dec because of trash talking, or in some cases a guilds leadership refusing to admit that karmabombing is griefing and that their player was in the right.

people are allowed to think/do whatever the ----- they want in the game. but expect to be punished for behavior somebody else does not deem acceptable.

if i did something your guild decided was unacceptable and you decided to dec on me, thats your perogative. but it goes both ways. and this is not exactly to say might makes right. but if you arent strong enough to defend yourself, you probably shouldn't go out of your way to piss off somebody who can beat the living hell out of you.

but heres another situation that has happened more than once @Escapism some single person from a guild decides to try to karma greif another guild, when they are doing a guild mission. why? because they ask him to go to a smaller rotation so that they can take the main rotation and complete their gm faster and get out of their hair faster. instead of leaving the rotation they cant solo farm efficiently they grief the 5-20 people doing a guild mission. thats not greifing one person, thats griefing a guild. guess what happens, the guild retaliates.

and not it does not  ALWAYS have to end with somebody getting kicked, typically thats only for very severe cases. (one example might be extremely hateful speech to somebody) or intentionally harassing people over and over, and talking shit etc...... most of the time its as simple as the leadership of the guild in question promising to keep a tight leash on said member and some sort of an apology from the person in question. and ofcourse if any further issues with the same person arise then the dec gets put up again and that may cause for them to kick the person or to just deal with the dec.

sometimes the guild doing the perma dec may feel pity for a guild after a certain amount of time, sometimes they dont.

fact of the matter is that if somebody intentionally does something to harm another player out of the norm (killing somebody once or twice is one thing, intentionally -----ing up somebodys guild mission while talking shit is another story) then that person should completely expect to get punished by the other people one way or another.

same reason you dont do something that reflects poorly on a company you work for , or a group you volunteer for. You dont, or atleast you should not do something that would reflect poorly on your guild and not expect to get punished for it.

Edited by Burhead

Posted

no , it does not, because some people are just douchebags and thats why people perma dec , so guilds dont encourage people being douches without having some kind of repercussion.

and so, some guild leaders & officers are douchebags and might just dec on another guild for none of the reasons you stated.

in the situation where my guildie had somebody intentionally attempt to make him lose exp my guildie was farming bandits for idk half an hour , some other person (who shall not be named and neither will my guildie for that matter) saw him kill a shadow of gahaz elite claimed my guildie was "taunting him" because he killed a mob in the rotation he had been farming and flagged on him attempting to make him lose exp/gems to a mob. it was at this point we instantly decced the guild and starting hunting down that specific person.

In this case, your guildmate was accused of griefing, and so ... you war-dec the accuser? Was this ever resolved who was the actual griefer in the first place? What was that other guys view on this story?

We are getting wardec´s because one of us is "good" at Horse-Racing....... imagine that.....

there are so many "fun" reasons to declare war, 1-2 days ago some guild declared war on us because one of our members succeeded a TET basilisk... (It wasn't serious and was taken down shortly after, just stating wardecs are often not to "claim a spot" or dispute differences).

Posted

Are you guys gonna make this same thread every 2 days or something?

Posted

having a perma dec on a guild to be able to grief all of their members or bully them until they are forced to kick one of their members seems like a much more douchier move to me than 1 guy griefing another guy, which is between the two (and again, for obvious reasons, since noone would just permadec just for the fun of it, or to be an asshole, then also noone would obviously try to intentionally get another guy pve killed without a good reason either?)

The irony is so strong in this one.

again, the irony...

You guys really are hypocrites...

Its a very simple principle.

Actions have consequenses. And when you represent a guild, you represent their united beliefs and actions.

I can vouch for any member of my guild, and as a leader I accept complete and total responsbility of how they portray themselves.

If they do karmabomb, or trash talk people because they are safe behind a monitor, they wont be doing it under our guildtag.

And if someone picks a fight with me, and thats what karmabombing and trash talking is, thats a fight *THEY* picked by thinking its acceptable to act, and do whatever the ----- you want to someone.
If they choose to do so with us, we will retaliate by showing exactly what consequense that has.

But, as an act of kindness, I offer them ways out of it. By either removing the person acting like a spoiled teenager who thinks treating people badly is ok.

OR, making sure it never happens again, and appologizing for it.

OR, paying their way out of it.

OR, to make sure their guild isnt 100% destroyed, I automaticly remove it if theyve lost 50% of their members.

Incase you dont understand basic human interaction, thats me being nice. Not me being a bully.

Theyve misbehaved, it has a consequense, and i offer them a way out of it.

Unless you are the kind of person who thinks being a ----- is perfectly acceptable? (Those kind of people usually come up with the arguement "its a game".)

Posted

But, as an act of kindness, I offer them ways out of it. By either removing the person acting like a spoiled teenager who thinks treating people badly is ok.

OR, making sure it never happens again, and appologizing for it.

OR, paying their way out of it.

OR, to make sure their guild isnt 100% destroyed, I automaticly remove it if theyve lost 50% of their members.

Incase you dont understand basic human interaction, thats me being nice. Not me being a bully.

Theyve misbehaved, it has a consequense, and i offer them a way out of it.

NO

Unless you are the kind of person who thinks being a ----- is perfectly acceptable? (Those kind of people usually come up with the arguement "its a game".)

The "its a game" arguement is THE ONLY reason why you're not (yet) appear as a complete **** psychopath.