• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

PVP during world boss

49 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

NO

Unless you are the kind of person who thinks being a ----- is perfectly acceptable? (Those kind of people usually come up with the arguement "its a game".)

The "its a game" arguement is THE ONLY reason why you're not (yet) appear as a complete **** psychopath.

So lets see if i got you right.

1: (key point): If I believe that how you carry yourself, in every aspect of life, real life, ingame, in sports, conversations etc, is the same, and that it matters. I am a complete psychopath? Im guessing thats because you believe its acceptable to talk shit because you are safe behind a monitor, where your actions cant have the same consequenses as it most likely would have in real life?

2: You believe that In real life, when raising a child, or when society defines whats acceptable behavior, misbehaving does NOT have consequenses? IE: Fines, jailtime, etc? (Read: Paying your way out of it, or paying with time). Or is it that you believe that it SHOULDNT have consequense?

3: Associating yourself with groups and organisations in any aspect of life, that misbehaves, have consequenses. Thats common knowledge, do you believe that this is not how it should be?

Because, what you are arguing here is that I am a psychopath for using an intended, legal, socially acceptable function of a PVP game, when someone acts in a way that in any other aspect of life would be considered misbehaving, AND that is infact in violation with the code of conduct of the developers and publishers of the game.

And that it makes me a psychopath for not taking down the war, because trash talkers and karmabombers feel it interferes with THEIR gametime and experience, when its a consequense of them actively trying to ruin that experience for other people in the first place.

Now, tell me again how its YOUR right to decide how *OUR* guild utilizes the intended mechanics of the game, while still within the rules?

Edited by Dragonix

Posted

For using an intended, legal, socially acceptable function of a PVP game, when someone acts in a way that in any other aspect of life would be considered misbehaving, AND that is infact in violation with the code of conduct of the developers and publishers of the game.

You think constantly pking others in this game over a grindspot or ogres without would be the intended, socially acceptable, normal way in this game ?

they built in mechanics and designs in this game which tell you IT'S BAD to pk, they give you the option, but IT'S STILL BAD. Which means its NOT socially acceptable, it bothers people, declaring war on a guild just to "teach them a lesson" IS GRIEFING. it makes you just as much of a toxic salty griefer as the players who abuse other mechanics in the game to counter your behaviour, and in turn try to teach YOU a lesson.

Now, tell me again how its YOUR right to decide how *OUR* guild utilizes the intended mechanics of the game, while still within the rules?

Arent you doing the EXACT SAME THING? Trying to force and bend other guilds to do what you tell them, or otherwise you keep the war up on them perma?

Posted

You think constantly pking others in this game over a grindspot or ogres without would be the intended, socially acceptable, normal way in this game ?

they built in mechanics and designs in this game which tell you IT'S BAD to pk, they give you the option, but IT'S STILL BAD. Which means its NOT socially acceptable, it bothers people, declaring war on a guild just to "teach them a lesson" IS GRIEFING. it makes you just as much of a toxic salty griefer as the players who abuse other mechanics in the game to counter your behaviour, and in turn try to teach YOU a lesson.

Arent you doing the EXACT SAME THING? Trying to force and bend other guilds to do what you tell them, or otherwise you keep the war up on them perma?

You dont seem to grasp that the war is a consequense, not a cause.

You are justifying the cause, because you dont like the consequense.
The real world works the opposite way.

I have zero interest in continuing a conversation with someone who justifies trash talk, karmabombing, and acting the way you please because "its a game".

Posted (edited)

no , it does not, because some people are just douchebags and thats why people perma dec , so guilds dont encourage people being douches without having some kind of repercussion.

people are allowed to think/do whatever the ----- they want in the game. but expect to be punished for behavior somebody else does not deem acceptable.

if i did something your guild decided was unacceptable and you decided to dec on me, thats your perogative. but it goes both ways. and this is not exactly to say might makes right. but if you arent strong enough to defend yourself, you probably shouldn't go out of your way to piss off somebody who can beat the living hell out of you.

Actions have consequenses. And when you represent a guild, you represent their united beliefs and actions.

I can vouch for any member of my guild, and as a leader I accept complete and total responsbility of how they portray themselves.

If they do karmabomb, or trash talk people because they are safe behind a monitor, they wont be doing it under our guildtag.

I absolutely agree with this. The PvP system was orginally made in a way that not only gave the game a feel of danger while in open world, but also so the players themselves could take matter into their own hands. This allows for a very strong sense of camaraderie either way. You can be comerades in a guild of douches, but also to a guild that goes by law of "revenge killing". Or, you can be in an entirely passive guild. Not only should you represent your guild, but your guild should represent you. 

Actions were always meant to have consequences. When it gets into the actual realm of harassment, it should rightfully be reported, but sometimes you dont have the evidence, don't get a fast enough response, the offender buys another account, or you want to resolve it yourself. I feel these are all perfectly valid reasons to fight back.

Good on you two for having your own way of doing things.

IS GRIEFING. it makes you just as much of a toxic salty griefer as the players who abuse other mechanics in the game to counter your behaviour, and in turn try to teach YOU a lesson.

Doesn't griefing have a very miniscule/nonexistent reason behind it, though? 
Also, I wouldn't call it griefing, it's not one sided. They have every chance to fight back or apologize for their behaviour. As long as it's a justified dec.

If not, the side that decced is the unfair one, and the other side needs to fight back as well as they can. If they ARE truly being harassed, report it if they literally cannot do anything about it and it's ruining their experience. If you can't fight back and it's a one sided slaughter with no explanation, and you're being hunted, report it. If you gather evidence and send a report/ticket, it can be handled.

Edited by Teacow

Posted

and so, some guild leaders & officers are douchebags and might just dec on another guild for none of the reasons you stated.

so theres douchebag guilds out there, thats my fault somehow? i gave you the reasons NORMAL people will put up a perma dec.

In this case, your guildmate was accused of griefing, and so ... you war-dec the accuser? Was this ever resolved who was the actual griefer in the first place? What was that other guys view on this story?

in this situation my guildie was farming and grinding , and some other idiot ''thought he was taunting him" so he tried to make him lose exp and gems. and incase you dident know, thats about as low as you get in this game. so we decced them because of that persons actions, we then bumped it up to a perma dec because of the continued actions of that one person AND the additional actions of multiple other guild members from that guild untill the leadership said they would put a tighter leash on the members who talked shit and the initial member who tried to intentionally make somebody lose xp. and that initial person made an apology in some shape or form. if my guildie  was only accused of ''griefing by grinding" then we'd laugh our asses off at their thought process and go on our merry day.

the other guys story was he flagged up and tried to kill our member because he killed an elite infront of him. when that elite was in the rotation he (our guildie) was farming for half an hour (may have been more details on time like this are a little hazy)

Posted (edited)

For this reason, due to the fact that loosing an important drop that may require months to get, I ask to BDO programmers that every world boss drop would be sent by email to players so they don't loose them. If a player is killed soon after the world boss death and respawns away pets cannot get the loot in time. So due to the fact that the drop expires soon sending it by email should be a good solution.

I agree. Looks like a better idea than the actual looting anyway.

Edited by Malcom86

Posted

Hi and thank You all for your answers.

There are some problems during world bosses:

1) world bosses like karanda or kzarka stays in a small area

2) there are too many players in that small area

3) the game slow down a lot

4) I cannot see my character in that mess especially at karanda. I never seen such a mess on the screen.

5) I don't make in time avoiding being killed

Apart that, asking to send drops to character is a good way to solve things I think so if player get killed (so pk are happy) he doesn't loose the drops.

Isn't possible to add huge bosses fight like there were in shadow of the colossus for ps2 with the difference that many players kill it?

Bye.

The more I read your comments, the more I believe this is NOT the game for you.

The devs have stated several times that they have no intention to ever add any kind of PvE content that can't contested.

The closest you're going to get to that is going to be guild boss scrolls. But they don't drop much of anything worthwhile anymore. And those too can be interfered with by a guild that you're at war with.

Posted (edited)

And that's what geopolitics are all about.

Thank you for showing blind people that it's possible, intended, and expected from players in an OpenPvP / GvG sandbox

Edited by Capitaine Courage

Posted

Flagging and killing someone so he can't pick up his loot is pretty much equal to ganking (or karmabombing) - bad. Killing people from the guild you are at war with is perfectly fine and I would even ask to change it so when some guild declare war, they can't retract for the next 24 hours. This way wars would be a lot more meaningful.

1 person likes this

Posted

Flagging and killing someone so he can't pick up his loot is pretty much equal to ganking (or karmabombing) - bad. Killing people from the guild you are at war with is perfectly fine and I would even ask to change it so when some guild declare war, they can't retract for the next 24 hours. This way wars would be a lot more meaningful.

Yes indeed. Starting a war should never be something to be taken lightly

Posted

Yes indeed. Starting a war should never be something to be taken lightly

Too bad in BDO "starting a War" is as easy and meaningless as farting.....

They really should be a upkeep Cost for Wars.....

Posted

Too bad in BDO "starting a War" is as easy and meaningless as farting.....

They really should be a upkeep Cost for Wars.....

There is.

Posted

There is.

Where?

NA/EU Version don´t have Upkeep Costs.

Posted

Where?

NA/EU Version don´t have Upkeep Costs.

Pretty sure the 150 000 declaration fee, gets pulled once a week if you keep it up. But, if i am wrong then thats fine too. Im not fuzzed about it.

Posted

Pretty sure the 150 000 declaration fee, gets pulled once a week if you keep it up. But, if i am wrong then thats fine too. Im not fuzzed about it.

150.000 is one time to start a War, beside that....... nothing.....

Posted

150.000 is one time to start a War, beside that....... nothing.....

^^ this. 150k is literally a drop in the bucket. you could pop any sized guild mission in valencia grind for a few hours finish the mission and get some money and xp for yourself and the guild.

it used to be i believe either an hourly or a daily upkeep cost in KR but too many people complained about that in beta so they changed it for our version.

Posted (edited)

Hi and thanks You all for your answer.

Few small changed can solve problems without changing PVP etc like drops sent by email as I said.

This is a game and there is no reason to be angry versus any1 for more than 1 minute if it happens.

If some1 take it too seriously take it easy, relax, enjoy and let other players enjoy the game please. :) I think so.

Bye

Edited by OmegaXYZ

Posted

In Lineage 2 wars over RB was daily end game content, content that guarantee game healthy existence over years. I miss this old good times.

1 person likes this

Posted

I went to Khazarka while red one time. Gravity chased me for all of 1 minute and then that was it. After the boss died no one gave a dam. Let me loot my drops and they all walked away.

Posted (edited)

So how many people do you guys know that have gotten banned for griefing in this game out of curiosity? Most games have it against TOS, is this game an exception?

Edited by Silvist

Posted

So how many people do you guys know that have gotten banned for griefing in this game out of curiosity? Most games have it against TOS, is this game an exception?

depends on what you mean by greifing. Infact, depends on what the GMs believe greifing is.

afaik, from reports from banned players, shared GM emails over time and stuff like that. For the GMs Greifing is.

1. Spawn camping
2. trash talking involving PVP.

any thing else if fair game. you can permadec a lowbie guild, ask them to pay in food/elixers, hunt down people actively on bosses or otherwise, drive people away from a guild, whatever. its all emergent gameplay as far as the GMs are concerned as long as there is no trash talking or spawn camping.
in fact, gotten people ive killed banned because they trash talked after i killed them a few times.

also to note, bans are never more than 24 hours in the above scenarios.

giving an example, back in the old days we used to have static fishing hotspots where massive amounts of fishers would gather to afk fish. those spots were THE BEST source of income ingame in those days. I used to roll up in my boat clear a hotspot of fishers and steal the gold fish they dropped, roll to another spot, do the same, switch channels, rince and repeat untill i was full, put all the stuff in epheria, log into a postive karma alt, drag the stuff to trent and sell them there.
a lot of other people did the same and got a lot of hate from the fisher playerbase, a lot of us got reported and the GMs said no, all fair game.

Now its no longer worth it with the mobile hotspots though.

1 person likes this

Posted

Hi.

I would ask what players think about PVP during world bosses.

When a world boss spawns It takes some time to kill him and It is very rare to drop a boss weapon directly. However 100 auras can be collected and changed for the weapon in the worst case. Even so they don't drop everytime and collecting 100 auras may take some time. After getting the weapon the work is half done becouse there is the enchantment part that may take some time as well. It is worth the effort becouse the player can have a top weapon soon or later and there are 3 weapons for each class.

So i wonder if it is right allowing some players killing other players during world bosses and especially after killing it. What does happen if the player is killed continuosly and cannot get the boss drop in time becouse the drops disappear b4 the player comes back?

Open PVP or not i think that killing players for not letting them getting the drops they deserve after so much effort is a wrong way to play. I think so.Getting a full boss set is important and it gives a reason for continuing playing but if a player cannot get them becouse he is continuosly killed I think it is wrong. PVP can be done everywhere and it is ok becouse this is a game where PVP is important ofc but not like this.

For this reason, due to the fact that loosing an important drop that may require months to get, I ask to BDO programmers that every world boss drop would be sent by email to players so they don't loose them. If a player is killed soon after the world boss death and respawns away pets cannot get the loot in time. So due to the fact that the drop expires soon sending it by email should be a good solution.

Is there anyone that agrees with me or not?

What do You think? And please try to be Constructive.

Thank You.

Just make a alt for bossing withing the 45 ~ 49 range and you can't be attacked im sure

Posted

@6footgeeks - Griefing is pretty much player harassment, and yes its obviously up to GM interpretation.  I appreciate you listing what you know about it.  I just recently started playing, and some of what I've seen in the game is very "gray area".  I just want to make sure I don't walk right into a bannable offense lol.

Posted

Hi and thank You all for your answers.

There are some problems during world bosses:

1) world bosses like karanda or kzarka stays in a small area

2) there are too many players in that small area

3) the game slow down a lot

4) I cannot see my character in that mess especially at karanda. I never seen such a mess on the screen.

5) I don't make in time avoiding being killed

Apart that, asking to send drops to character is a good way to solve things I think so if player get killed (so pk are happy) he doesn't loose the drops.

Isn't possible to add huge bosses fight like there were in shadow of the colossus for ps2 with the difference that many players kill it?

Bye.

This is a very carebear mentality that comes from instanced games.....

In my opinion, there is not enough player killing during world boses, probably due to the fact that the drop cannot be controlled. In the MMOs that I played before, the bigger guilds would start camping world boses the moment the window opened, and would not let anyone get even close. The problem here is that the bigger guilds already have all the boss gear and if they were to get it, they cannot redistribute either so....

Usually this is not a problem unless your guild has lots of active wars, in which case you should either consider dropping out of your guild, or asking guild members to come to world boss with you.