• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

So, I overclocked my CPU to 5.0GHz

75 posts in this topic

Posted

It almost completely eliminated texture and object pop in. Probably going to try a custom water cooling setup and overclock even more to see what's required to completely eliminate texture pop in.

Posted

Video or it didnt happen. We want a before and after video, with the CPU spec and motherboard....

9 people like this

Posted

Sounds like you are trying to "fix" some of the games issues with raw power :P

2 people like this

Posted

Pretty much. Texture pop in just ruins the immersion of the games beauty.

1 person likes this

Posted

Always add more power, ALWAYS!

Posted (edited)

Video or it didnt happen. We want a before and after video, with the CPU spec and motherboard....

It's actually not hard to pull of 5ghz+ these days with most cpu's, proper cooling permitting of course. :)

I can run my 2nd gen i5 2500k at 5ghz under water, but the voltage is too high for my liking to keep stable at that speed lol :( /sad

This cpu still packs a punch for its age though. :)

@iKaneki_Ken what cpu / setup you running?

Edited by Shadowtrance

Posted

1316595744_clarkson-power-54ad3f5cc7d25.

9 people like this

Posted

The Tim Allen approach. Nice. Cause you know, nothing bad ever happens when you just slam more voltage into something...

3 people like this

Posted

Id like to see a video of this

Posted

^this

Posted (edited)

http://www.quickmeme.com/img/fc/fc3646a02beca4bbf6c05e711f81c0eb354d253149028d9ce0fca9def3aaf63a.jpg

Edited by 6footgeeks
4 people like this

Posted

It's actually not hard to pull of 5ghz+ these days with most cpu's, proper cooling permitting of course. :)

I can run my 2nd gen i5 2500k at 5ghz under water, but the voltage is too high for my liking to keep stable at that speed lol :( /sad

i74790k, Corsair H115i AIO that I set up in the basement of my house for the coldest possible temperatures. It also helps that I live in a place where the temperatures are extremely cool all year round.

I also didn't take what Mishee said to heart as they clearly don't know about AMD's 8350 CPU which is clocked at 5.0GHz by default.

I also let Intel's Extreme Tuning Utility program to dynamically control the voltages when I don't feel like dicking around with it.

When I do manually handle the voltages, I manage to get the overclocking to go up to 5.1 - 5.2GHz stable.

^this

My motherboard is ASUS Maximus VII Hero, CPU is i7 4790k.

And like I said up above, reaching 5.0GHz is simple shit.

Posted

I also didn't take what Mishee said to heart as they clearly don't know about AMD's 8350 CPU which is clocked at 5.0GHz by default.

You might be thinking of the 9590 as the 8350 is clocked at 4.0 GHz by default (I'm currently using an 8350).

Posted

You might be thinking of the 9590 as the 8350 is clocked at 4.0 GHz by default (I'm currently using an 8350).

Thank you for the correction, it's been a while since I've used an AMD processor due to the infrequency that they release them.

Posted (edited)

Both you and Mishee are only making yourselves out to be uninformed and general dumbasses.

We do request video proof with comparison, there is nothing hard, nor any reasons to become that insulting because of that.

I suggest you to calm your nipple down, i'am not your buddy. Stop be a pointless angry keyboard warrior.

You come up only with "affirmation" then cool, but show proof, meaning : video in game comparison with & without OC ( and ofc show the oc )

Because without visual proof, i would say i have OC a i7 4790k at 7ghz and BDo run at 120fps during kzarka with the highest graphic setting at 4k, right ?

Edited by woots
4 people like this

Posted

Reanbell op plz nerf!

1 person likes this

Posted

Just curious. Is it possible and safe to overclock a laptop? :x Got a Lenovo ideapad Y 700-15isk with intel i5 6300HQ 2.3 GHz, gtx 960M 2gb, 8 gb ram ddr4 :/. Would have liked to overclock to 3 GHz or so... or at least 2.7 GHz xD. But not sure my cooling or fan would be able to handle that? 

Posted

> Make Claim

> Act like a 5year old when ppl ask for proof of claim

????

1 person likes this

Posted

> Make Claim

????

^this xD

Posted

i74790k, Corsair H115i AIO that I set up in the basement of my house for the coldest possible temperatures. It also helps that I live in a place where the temperatures are extremely cool all year round.

I also let Intel's Extreme Tuning Utility program to dynamically control the voltages when I don't feel like dicking around with it.

When I do manually handle the voltages, I manage to get the overclocking to go up to 5.1 - 5.2GHz stable.

Both you and Mishee are only making yourselves out to be uninformed and general dumbasses.

My motherboard is ASUS Maximus VII Hero, CPU is i7 4790k.

And like I said up above, reaching 5.0GHz is simple shit.

That´s nice :)  I like how you literally insult us for being curious :) I guess normal people with little to no knowledge about how this work shouldn´t ask questions since that is highly looked down upon. Well, I`m glad that you took time to explain what you did :) 

Posted

> Make Claim

????

Because it's something that ANYONE can do for themselves, it's not like it's a unique thing that only I can do, both you and 2cute2shoot lost all credibility when you started doubting that a CPU can reach 5.0GHz and then fact that it significantly reduced texture pop in.

That´s nice :)  I like how you literally insult us for being curious :) I guess normal people with little to no knowledge about how this work shouldn´t ask questions since that is highly looked down upon. Well, I`m glad that you took time to explain what you did :) 

THAT'S why I insulted you.

I would have gladly got the energy to explain how I did what I did if you didn't IMMEDIATELY jump to try and discredit me. But since you did I kinda just went with the attitude of "You attempt to discredit me of doing something that's been able to be done for the last 2 years? And then ask for proof when all it would take is a God damn google search or Youtube search?".

Shadowtrance asked me of my setup and PC specs without even hinting to discredit me, and as a result, I gave him an informative response.

All in all it comes down to, you ask for respect but you disrespected me in the first place BEFORE I disrespected you.

1 person likes this

Posted

Perhaps people would just like to see a video? It's not necessarily a "I don't believe you" thing but more a "that sounds interesting and would be willing to watch a video" thing. You sparked people's curiosity and than insult them for being curious.

And by the way, not everyone can do it. Some are restrained by money, technical know-how, or are just simply afraid to mess around with over clocking. Again, not a terribly good reason to insult the general population. 

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

Just curious. Is it possible and safe to overclock a laptop? :x Got a Lenovo ideapad Y 700-15isk with intel i5 6300HQ 2.3 GHz, gtx 960M 2gb, 8 gb ram ddr4 :/. Would have liked to overclock to 3 GHz or so... or at least 2.7 GHz xD. But not sure my cooling or fan would be able to handle that? 

The only way I can see it possible to overclock a Laptop is if you're in a cold environment or at least have the laptop perch on an object that's constantly being cooled.

Edited by iKaneki_Ken

Posted

The only way I can see it possible to overclock a Laptop is if you're in a cold environment or at least have the laptop perch on an object that's constantly being cooled.

i have never heard of anyone reducing the pop in just from over clocking. Even in their promo vids there is pop in. Don't call people names for asking proof of something that is not really that believable.

2 people like this

Posted

Could you stream or record this? I may consider OCing my CPU if it means getting rid of the pop-ins.