• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

So, I overclocked my CPU to 5.0GHz

75 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

C

Edited by tjr.gsa

Posted

Keep in mind that regardless of cooling, your cpu WILL degrade over time due to the voltage required, it's just a matter of how long.  My last 2 PCs were 24hrs prime + IBT stable@4.8ghz, both lasted about a year before I had to dial them down to  BSODs...

Posted (edited)

6700k at 4.8ghz, 16gb 3200 ram, SSD installed max settings at 1080p Asrock extreme 4 mobo

still get pop in bad

Edited by xcandykitten

Posted

we need numbers and photos!

Posted

motherboard is ASUS Maximus VII Hero, CPU is i7 4790k.

I7 is a powerhouse for single core processing power plus multicore threading,  a bit different than other cpu's that make better use of multi-core processing. The difference between op's rig and others is the MB. I'm wondering if the gamefirst technology is making the difference?

Posted

I'd imagine anyone with the devils canyon 1150 setup would've tried this already.

And that's not even an expensive CPU.

2 people like this

Posted

Because the pop in is entirely decided from the server and not the players PC, i have spent almost £2500 on my PC and i still get them. My PC is above and as you can tell, just from the images. I have one hell of a machine LOL.

Bet it sounds like a small airplane during BDO play :P

Posted

I don't see how OCing is going to increase the engines "draw distance".  It may load the different lods slightly faster but all the morphing of objects as you get closer to them is still going be there.  Video please. 

Posted

Just curious. Is it possible and safe to overclock a laptop? :x Got a Lenovo ideapad Y 700-15isk with intel i5 6300HQ 2.3 GHz, gtx 960M 2gb, 8 gb ram ddr4 :/. Would have liked to overclock to 3 GHz or so... or at least 2.7 GHz xD. But not sure my cooling or fan would be able to handle that? 

it's better to not overclock laptops.. depending on the model you could literally be paying with fire if you overclock it.

Posted (edited)

All I see are pictures of computer parts and thingamajiggers and anti-waffling modules D: All I want to see is video of Ugly BDO and new mega enhanced omg take my money BDO please and thank you~

(this way I know if it would be worth it to find some one to through money @ to do this for me :D. No I won't do it myself because I r pleb.)

Edited by Momofu
Anti-Waffle Module

Posted

Reminder that over clocking won't get rid of pop in

:^)

Posted

Here hoping that the new partnership to help optimize the game comes fast before all these guys burn down their houses due to exploding PCs.

Posted

It almost completely eliminated texture and object pop in. Probably going to try a custom water cooling setup and overclock even more to see what's required to completely eliminate texture pop in.

Lol I started yesterday to co ca t lk  :D
Which voltage did you put?

Posted

This isn't good for the future of computer game development. Shouldn't force the customer spend 2-3 thousand dollars just to  get a satisfying experience

Game developers should use Riot Games as an example.

Posted

This isn't good for the future of computer game development. Shouldn't force the customer spend 2-3 thousand dollars just to  get a satisfying experience

Game developers should use Riot Games as an example.

All games publishers should use a company that's made multiple hundred millions as an example to satisfy their costumers? Not sure if you've noticed yet, but BDO has been the most successful newer generation MMO released, and it's only made 120-150m.

Plus if using Riot Game(s?) means that Kakao will start banning people for saying something that might hurt your feelings, I'd rather Kakao stay as far away from that cancerous filth as possible.

1 person likes this

Posted

Best troll thread of the year.

Posted

Best troll thread of the year.

Anyone with at least basic knowdlege knew right of that this is troll.

Overclocking and CPUs with better IPC might help to increase overall fps, but no way to fix POP-IN effects.

And yes I tested how much FPS I get at 4,0GHz on my i7 4790k, then tested with 4,8GHz ... same result.

Even tested with i7 7700k (which have like 20-30% better IPC than i7 4790k), and it was still the same. With i7 7700k at 5,2GHz there was wooping 2fps difference xD 

Posted

Anyone with at least basic knowdlege knew right of that this is troll.

Overclocking and CPUs with better IPC might help to increase overall fps, but no way to fix POP-IN effects.

And yes I tested how much FPS I get at 4,0GHz on my i7 4790k, then tested with 4,8GHz ... same result.

Even tested with i7 7700k (which have like 20-30% better IPC than i7 4790k), and it was still the same. With i7 7700k at 5,2GHz there was wooping 2fps difference xD 

Well, the "I fixed pop-ins" part might be a troll, but the 5.0Ghz 4790k is def doable. Those chips are BEASTMODE. Kind of the equivalent of 2nd gen 2500k (I'm so lucky to still own one of those beasts).

Posted

Well, the "I fixed pop-ins" part might be a troll, but the 5.0Ghz 4790k is def doable. Those chips are BEASTMODE. Kind of the equivalent of 2nd gen 2500k (I'm so lucky to still own one of those beasts).

I know you can OC it to 5.0GHz if you won silicon lottery. Most i7 4790k chips go to around 4,8GHz without any problems. Anything beyond that is pure luck, and also depends how far are you willing to push voltage.

And those chips are great, but thermals are horrible so most CPUs like that needs to be delided if you want to OC it.

Posted

I'm at 4.7 right now, devils canyon. If what you claim is as it is, I will be going higher.

I'd imagine anyone with the devils canyon 1150 setup would've tried this already.

And that's not even an expensive CPU.

yeah i have 3

going to abuse one at some point, i just never have time for that shit anymore though.

Posted

I'm at 4.7 right now, devils canyon. If what you claim is as it is, I will be going higher.

yeah i have 3

going to abuse one at some point, i just never have time for that shit anymore though.

You do realise that overclocking from 4,7GHz to 5.0 or even more, won't give you any better performance in-game or fix any graphic problems?

Posted

Simple, Raw power cannot fix engine issues within the core of the game. 

Posted (edited)

you can fix it the 5.0 ghz with 2x1080 and then run the game in high-end mode and checked the long distance option. of course there will still be some pop-in otherwise the fps will be crap if you want to render the entire world.

the devs can't really just "fix" the pop-in issue, because the fault is the hardware, if the devs pushes the render engine to render the full map then everybody would be sitting at 1fps with no pop-in. and im pretty sure 90% of the players are on crap gtx 970s.

Edited by GamePois0n

Posted

3 pages and this thread still doesn't have that video proof.  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Posted

3 pages and this thread still doesn't have that video proof.  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Read my post and like it.