• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Compensation needed for no blackstone event!

119 posts in this topic

Posted

uh... I didn't get them through events...

Ive gotten mine by doing my daily scrolls in full groups week after week since release.

Nahhhh You mean taking your dailies and saving 5 to run them in a 5x5 group gets you 25 loots?  You mean AFK fishing can get you enough relics to run two 5x5 relic groups a week for 50 loots?  In addition to running cartian/pila groups in 5x5 from grinding?  You mean there's silver keys from AFK fishing and world bosses that spawn everyday?  

Say it ain't so!!!!

Posted

Pretty much this. Everyone I know that has quit playing BDO has quit because of the progression/enhancement/blackstones system. Too grindy and miserable, many are interested in some of the future updates but always ask if it's easier yet and less miserable with enhancements. It's simply not a good system for the Western market, and I have been saying that since day one. People will say "spoiled" and "want it handed to them" and if we want to label it that, then fine, because most gamers don't play games for them to be a miserable series of chores every day in the US/EU.

Except that increasing the number of black stones is not going to fix the enchanting system.

There's always going to be another bottleneck.  Last time there was a blackstone event, people were complaining that there were no memory fragments on the market (though oddly, there were still plenty of relic shards, just not people willing to run the scrolls, it seems).

They could probably increase the normal drop rates of stones a bit, but there seem to be enough going through the market each day, there is just a demand that's comparable to supply.

Posted

Yeah when you get to the point where you need 40+FS and you have to build them from 0, you will feel the shortage ^^ (it will cost you hundreds of black stones to get that amount of FS from 0).

You are not using black stones since you buy your gear but feel qualified to tell others that they don't need them on the market to enchant theirs ? If you don't enchant, I guess it's because you know that you can literally spend hundreds of these stones and get nothing in return. The market has always been a secondary source of black stones and it never has been so dry (it reached some lows but atm it's empty, even enchanted gear is sold out at times) and all of that due to the publisher's decisions (the market was already under heavy assault with awakenings and it just broke with boss armor boxes + the candy boxes + the lauren family boxes).

Sure, a compensation is retarded but an event for a little while would help the market to recover has people would finish enhancing their free stuff and move away.

Yes thats just my choice, it may not be efficient but it can be *more* rewarding instead (sometimes)

I always sell them since im not using them , my point was theres always options in this game to get anything and everything and untill you reach a point you'll have to make due with what you have.

Posted

The market slowdown due to the black stone shortage is insane. I support a higher blackstone drop rate. 

Posted (edited)

Except that increasing the number of black stones is not going to fix the enchanting system.

There's always going to be another bottleneck.  Last time there was a blackstone event, people were complaining that there were no memory fragments on the market (though oddly, there were still plenty of relic shards, just not people willing to run the scrolls, it seems).

They could probably increase the normal drop rates of stones a bit, but there seem to be enough going through the market each day, there is just a demand that's comparable to supply.

Yeah I understand that, I think, at least speaking from my own perspective and the people I play/played with, it's the fail stack system that really turns people off. Not that there is one at all per se, but that it's so steep and honestly very hard for a lot of people to fully understand how to do it "properly". I've run into so many players both new, and former that have listed this as their primary turn off about the game. I used to be one of them, it took me a really long time to understand it, and honestly even now if I'm gone for any extended period of time I have to re-learn it, and I'm not a fan of that. I think this is something they could balance out and ease up greatly on, until maybe TRI or above to make this part of the game more accessible to people while leaving the very top tiers to the hardcore people who for whatever reason love it.

Edited by Tatiana

Posted

Pretty much this. Everyone I know that has quit playing BDO has quit because of the progression/enhancement/blackstones system. Too grindy and miserable, many are interested in some of the future updates but always ask if it's easier yet and less miserable with enhancements. It's simply not a good system for the Western market, and I have been saying that since day one. People will say "spoiled" and "want it handed to them" and if we want to label it that, then fine, because most gamers don't play games for them to be a miserable series of chores every day in the US/EU.

It's just with the end game content being almost non-existent, a crappy lightning quick TTK gear based power creep pvp, I think it would be in the interest of the game's longevity to at least ease the burden of reaching an equal playing field. They want to call it entitlement, I just call it good business sense. It's clear that only a tiny fraction of losers enjoy doing pretend chores in a video game day in and day out. They can't sustain the games they play and those games end up doing server merges, going f2p, and finally shutting down. Tch, yeeeeah. Like I give less a rat's ass about that poster who's been here 24/7 since day one while simultaneously grinding, because that person alone isn't going to float the game. 

1 person likes this

Posted

all these white knights crying about entitlement... but honestly this is a no brainer business decision for kakao :

do they want rerolls? yes they do - otherwise why release awakenings 2 weeks apart? obviously they'd like to sell more outfits and inventory slots and all that good shit

now, how's anyone gonna reroll without blackstones? sorry but I'm not wasting my blackstones on trying out a new class when getting them is such a PITA - I'm saving it for my main. 

if they want to cash in on awakenings, they should start a blackstone event. no real skin off my back either way, but it seems like this is in their best interest

Posted

all these white knights crying about entitlement... but honestly this is a no brainer business decision for kakao :

do they want rerolls? yes they do - otherwise why release awakenings 2 weeks apart? obviously they'd like to sell more outfits and inventory slots and all that good shit

now, how's anyone gonna reroll without blackstones? sorry but I'm not wasting my blackstones on trying out a new class when getting them is such a PITA - I'm saving it for my main. 

if they want to cash in on awakenings, they should start a blackstone event. no real skin off my back either way, but it seems like this is in their best interest

ok... considering that you can use the armor (may need to change crystals) and (in most cases) assesories for your rerolled new char... that literally leaves the weapons.

you think the blackstones are gone, because a big chunk of the playerbase is enhancing their weapons for rerolled classes? holy shit dude...

just to enlighten you: it is very likely that people are completly obliberating the blackstone market because they are still trying to enhance their boss ARMOR as fast as possible. up to 2 diffrent parts in one event (possible full set after merge, just from said event, if you participated on all servers), now lauren boxes.... a little piece of evidence for this is, that apparently the whole comunity has bheg gloves allready, as they are staying on the market for weeks, dropping in price like crazy.

white knight my ass... crybabies demanding more free shit on a silver plate seems more likely to me.

Posted

you think the blackstones are gone, because a big chunk of the playerbase is enhancing their weapons for rerolled classes? holy shit dude...

lmao wut? learn to read

I said : if kakao wants players to reroll, they need blackstones. simple.

white knight my ass... crybabies demanding more free shit on a silver plate seems more likely to me.

u mad white knight?

Posted

No, no there wasn't, they were always sold out, speaking as someone who has actually been here since launch and constantly paid attention to the black stones in the marketplace.

Yes, yes there was. Might not have been in the thousands, but there was always stones on the market, and you could always get the stones you needed to do enhances from buying them.

Now you can't.

Posted

lmao wut? learn to read

I said : if kakao wants players to reroll, they need blackstones. simple.

u mad white knight?

apperently you werent intelligent enough to take your own text into context of the thread. maybe you want to reread your own post (just a suggestion)

why would they need blackstones? takes like next to non if you are "testing" a new class.

not mad... just amazed by your stupidity... actually it did hurt my brain a little, i will admit that much. i sometimes get the urge to pounce on stupidity... in this case, yours.

1 person likes this

Posted

why would they need blackstones? takes like next to non if you are "testing" a new class.

top kek this troll

good luck getting a weapon from 0 to 17-18 with "next to no" blackstones

Posted

feeling entitled much...?

Quick work around , farm money buy +15 gear sitting at 16mil and extract it and if u lucky it`s 50 stones and u only lose 6mil at current prices. Any progress is good progress.

Posted

top kek this troll

good luck getting a weapon from 0 to 17-18 with "next to no" blackstones

as i assumed.. incapable of discussing anything. i wont bother explaining to you how it works, but yes you dont need many stones to get to that enchants.

calling people trolls and "white knights" is only proof of your incapability of thinking, as you then dont have to think about what they said ;)

wont bother replying to you anymore. i had my fun here

*ninja vanish* :ph34r:

1 person likes this

Posted

i wont bother explaining to you how it works, but yes you dont need many stones to get to that enchants.

lmao

"I'm totally right, but I can't defend my position, also you're an idiot dumb dumb dumb dummy you're dumb I'm smart"

shoo shoo waste of carbon

Posted

People have been getting blackstones handed to them so much recently they forgot how to get blackstones on their own, and now ask for handouts.  Hmh.  Personally I am glad that the blackstone prices are maxed out.  I'm still waiting for the shard market to stop being destroyed by handouts so things can get back to normal there too.

Posted

People have been getting blackstones handed to them so much recently they forgot how to get blackstones on their own, and now ask for handouts.  Hmh.  Personally I am glad that the blackstone prices are maxed out.  I'm still waiting for the shard market to stop being destroyed by handouts so things can get back to normal there too.

This isn't a moral issue, and kakao isn't doing charity work. This is business, and most of our events are - aside from being retention aids & re-roll incentives - designed to help with catchup. They're keenly aware that this stuff is needed to help newer players (who are every bit as much paying customers as veterans - if not more so) reach the gear softcap - because the 2-3 month waiting period to get endgame-ready is scaring away potential players and hurting their bottom line. 

It's therefore probably more accurate to think of increased blackstone / hard / sharp drops as being the "new normal" instead of an aberration. Prices will go up and down, but I doubt they'll ever consistently be back at the levels from 3+ months ago.

Posted

+1 because I can, for those who get so titled from what they read on the internet 

Posted

lol another entitled special snowflake who got trophies all his life for showing up.  You'll get nothing, and like it!  {Judge Smailes to Spaulding, Caddyshack, 1980}

Posted

Stop crying.

1 person likes this

Posted

Tbh it is a bit of a joke for awakenings that come last especially witch/wiz becuase xp weekend will end when the last awakening is out, so witch/wiz wont be able to grind easily 

Posted

Wait... OP, you're asking for compensation... really... seriously?

<insert biggest facepalm ever gif here>

Posted

Now this is so crappy oh look 2 classes have their awakenings but no stones grind for hours and maybe get 1 or 2 blackstones like what the hell really.

Compensation please cause this is a joke how the hell can we progress with no blackstones?

Edan blackstone market is dead zero on it.

x1qn8.jpg

Posted (edited)

Yes, yes there was. Might not have been in the thousands, but there was always stones on the market, and you could always get the stones you needed to do enhances from buying them.

Now you can't.

Get grinding bro, after learning (Yes LEARNING) the mechanics of this game, I don't have to rely on the MP to get my black stones, I easily passively get 15-30 black stones a day from grinding, my workers making them in workshops and doing world bosses.

Actually, the funny thing is, if you only have 1 main character, you can EASILY cycle through all of your open character slots daily, spend the 2-4 hours needed to grind them to 50 and obtain a crap ton of black stones that way.

So maybe you and OP should get off your lazy ass and do something for yourselves for once?

x1qn8.jpg

That is both adorable and creepy AF all at the same time.

Edited by iKaneki_Ken

Posted (edited)

Get grinding bro, after learning (Yes LEARNING) the mechanics of this game, I don't have to rely on the MP to get my black stones, I easily passively get 15-30 black stones a day from grinding, my workers making them in workshops and doing world bosses.

lol "passively" + "grinding" and "world bosses"

Yeah... you also find the time to gather those fruits of crimson flame to turn them into oils to give to your worker AND trolling on forums. That's a busy schedule.

Edit : Also, afaik, daily black spirit's quests are on a per account basis.

Now, shoo. We all know how to get blackstones.

Edited by WeaselPaw