• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Home Server Selection

57 posts in this topic

Posted

Greetings Adventurers,

With the approach of the New World, we will be centralizing our service into a single NA or EU regional server. In order to process the information provided from combining multiple servers into a single entity, players will be required to select a Home Server prior to the beginning of maintenance on 11/30/2016.

Our system tracks the last server you have logged out of, which then sets this as the current Home Server, and must be the final server logged into or out of prior to the beginning of maintenance. You may do this for both NA and EU, as each will be considered their own regional server.

The Maintenance times for additional clarity are as follows:

• PST: 11am (Wed, November 30th) -> 12am [Midnight] (Thu, December 1st)
  • CST: 1pm (Wed, November 30th) -> 2am (Thu, December 1st)
  • EST: 2pm (Wed, November 30th) -> 3am (Thu, December 1st)
  • CET: 20:00 (Wed, November 30th) -> 09:00 (Thu, December 1st)
  • UTC: 19:00 (Wed, November 30th) -> 08:00 (Thu, December 1st)

** Important **

• Failure to select the correct home server could result in issues with the below listed categories as well as other potential areas of the game, and cannot be adjusted at a later date.

We'd like to take a moment to highlight the importance of this decision in the below categories: 

[ Guilds ]

The selected Home Server will determine which characters are considered your primary play characters. This directly affects which guild your characters will belong to, as guilds are tied to your family name players cannot belong to multiple guilds.

• ie: Player Billy has characters on Edan and Uno, and both of them belong to a unique guild on each server. Little Billy would like to be in the guild in which he currently plays on Edan, in order to accomplish this he must ensure that the last server logged out of prior to maintenance is Edan.

[ Nodes / Houses ]

The selected Home Server will determine which nodes are kept, the nodes in the Home Server are kept. The nodes from other servers are converted to Contribution Point EXP, and are added to the Home Server's Contribution Point EXP.

Houses will also be determined in this fashion, the Home Server will be kept and any other houses will be removed with any stored items placed into the appropriate regional warehouse.

[ Contribution ]

The selected Home Server will determine which contribution exp is used as the total amount, and the rest of the servers are converted into Contribution EXP, and get merged into the Home Servers total experience.

• ie: Sally has 100 contribution on Alustin and only 15 contribution on Jordine, in order to have the desired amount of contribution Sally will need to ensure that she has logged out of Alustin prior to the beginning of the maintenance.

For those of you who may have additional questions or concerns, we've taken several of them and addressed many questions via our FAQ which you can read more about this process here: http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/119305-faq-the-new-world/

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

What about Nouver?

Edited by Infe
8 people like this

Posted (edited)

Who are Billme and Salty?

Edited by Jojo
12 people like this

Posted

Who is Billme and Salty?

one is a life skills fanboy and the other is a level 4 neg karma alt.

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

You already know there are going to be complaints about people "not knowing" that they logged off on the wrong server by mistake.

Edited by Tekeii
2 people like this

Posted

You already know there are going to be complaints about people "not knowing" that they logged off on the wrong server by mistake.

Though with a logon message, in game mail, forum posts and system messages I would wonder how someone who missed it made it out of Olvia.

9 people like this

Posted

Though with a logon message, in game mail, forum posts and system messages I would wonder how someone who missed it made it out of Olvia.

100% there will be some idiots.

7 people like this

Posted

There's more to this game than just Olvia?

The maintenance page says something about the return of the Suport event loyal/new/returning, are we getting another make-boss-gear-easy-to-get-event?

Posted (edited)

If i have played on two servers so far and one is at 146 CP and the other at 120 CP will it be a disadvantage if I take the one with 120 CP as my home server?

Edited by Thajin

Posted

If they plan to merge the servers, what does home server mean?I am playing on Croxus and my friends are on Jordine ,we want to play together what does that mean for us?

Posted

If they plan to merge the servers, what does home server mean?I am playing on Croxus and my friends are on Jordine ,we want to play together what does that mean for us?

Nothing.

The contribution XP part, why does home server matter if the contribution will be converted to XP you should end with the same number or points or higher as your highest character, or does it follow some different formula than the one used to level it up?

Posted

If i have played on two servers so far and one is at 146 CP and the other at 120 CP will it be a disadvantage if I take the one with 120 CP as my home server?

You end up with the exact same CP regardless of what home server you select, CP is converted into CP EXP and calculated from there.

Posted

that mean u gonna be able to play with ur friends, because their will be no more croxus / jordine / alustin, only one server

Posted

means that unfortunately you will be forced to play with your 'friends' because after tomorrow there will be only 1 server, you won't be able to get rid of them not even in game ,i feel sorry for you :|

2 people like this

Posted

The last server I logged out of was Uno.  When I logged back in the message said Edan............  I think you have some issues.  I was even channel locked on Uno when I logged back in.  I predict major issues.

Posted

The last server I logged out of was Uno.  When I logged back in the message said Edan............  I think you have some issues.  I was even channel locked on Uno when I logged back in.  I predict major issues.

lol i didnt have that sooo it might be an isolated incident xD

Posted (edited)

Can someone help me out? I just started few days ago and I have been playing on server called uno. It appears to be NA server and I'm playing from EU. I could not find where I can change my server to EU.

EDIT: I figured it out.

Edited by univety

Posted

[ Home Server ]

Home Server is essentially the server you would like to be considered your primary character(s), generally speaking it's the server you log into every time to play. The reason this is of importance is due to a few things the home server will determine, namely what guild you belong to, your node levels, and houses you rent.

[ Guilds ]

The example given above for the guild portion, explains what happens if you belong to two different guilds on two different servers. The Home Server (the last server you have logged out of prior to maintenance) will determine which guild you belong to.

example:

• You have a character on Alustin in the guild "A", and a character on Jordine in the guild "B". If you were to log out of the server Jordine as the final log out before maintenance starts when you next log in (after maintenance) all characters will belong to guild "B".

This is the same for all other areas of concern, and thus is why it is very important users make sure they set the appropriate home server as we cannot undo the changes later.

[ Your Friends ]

What this means in regards to playing with your friends from another server is, you will now be able to play with them on a single Regional European server.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

What about Nouver?

i think you spelled "Never" wrong m8

"what about never" sounds like it actually makes derp sense in a way

Edited by Crackxi

Posted

well it is the second hand Nouver Shield  and there one for eavh class and come with lots of AP

Posted

hey if I play on server A now and belong to a guild and my older toons are on server B which have higher amounts of cp and energy 

and I go ahead and make B my home server will all the characters belong to the guild on A?

Posted

So...

If i  have 6 characters with a maximum of 6 slots (have not brought any) on my Home server

and i have 1 character with a maximum of 6 slots on the two other servers.

On New World server, do i get 8 slots Maximum or only 6 :)

Posted

hey if I play on server A now and belong to a guild and my older toons are on server B which have higher amounts of cp and energy 

and I go ahead and make B my home server will all the characters belong to the guild on A?

"The Home Server (the last server you have logged out of prior to maintenance) will determine which guild you belong to."

Posted

"The Home Server (the last server you have logged out of prior to maintenance) will determine which guild you belong to."

the characters on my home server do not belong to a guild so will they all belong to the guild on A or will they be kicked

Posted (edited)

So...

If i  have 6 characters with a maximum of 6 slots (have not brought any) on my Home server

and i have 1 character with a maximum of 6 slots on the two other servers.

On New World server, do i get 8 slots Maximum or only 6 :)

4a. How many character slots will we have after the merge?

The default amount of character slots remains the same, meaning 6, and the maximum amount of characters slots expandable also remains as 12. If you have activated Character Slot Expansion Coupons, they will remain active after the merge. In case that you activated more than 6 Character Slot Expansion Coupons on the same region, you will be refunded the excess amount.For example:

• Player 1:
    ○ 6 character slots (default) on Server A
    ○ 6 character slots (default) on Server B
    ○ Will have a total of 6 character slots on the New World
  • Player 2:
    ○ 6 character slots (default) on Server A
    ○ 12 character slots (bought 6 more) on Server B
    ○ Will have a total of 12 character slots on the New World
  • Player 3:
    ○ 8 character slots (bought 2 more) on Server A
    ○ Will have a total of 12 character slots on the New World and the 2 character slots left will be refunded.
  • Player 4:
    ○ 12 character slots (bought 6 more) on Server A
    ○ Will have a total of 12 character slots on the New World and the 6 character slots left will be refunded.
  • Player 5:
    ○ 8 character slots (bought 2 more) on Server A
    ○ 8 character slots (bought 2 more) on Server B
    ○ Will have a a total of of 10 character slots on the New World.

the characters on my home server do not belong to a guild so will they all belong to the guild on A or will they be kicked

Sorry totally didn't get that from your original post. I honestly have no clue and haven't read anything about that scenario. I'd presume they'd get removed if its taking all info from the home server. Maybe someone will clarify though.

Edit: Although it does say " as guilds are tied to your family name" so maybe you might get the guild from A. Really need a CM to answer that one.

Edited by Shynxie
1 person likes this