• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Home Server Selection

57 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

so if they convert the cp from other servers to cp xp I should have a round the same regardless of which server I choose?

Edited by Kutty

Posted

4a. How many character slots will we have after the merge?

The default amount of character slots remains the same, meaning 6, and the maximum amount of characters slots expandable also remains as 12. If you have activated Character Slot Expansion Coupons, they will remain active after the merge. In case that you activated more than 6 Character Slot Expansion Coupons on the same region, you will be refunded the excess amount.For example:

• Player 1:
    ○ 6 character slots (default) on Server A
    ○ 6 character slots (default) on Server B
    ○ Will have a total of 6 character slots on the New World
  • Player 2:
    ○ 6 character slots (default) on Server A
    ○ 12 character slots (bought 6 more) on Server B
    ○ Will have a total of 12 character slots on the New World
  • Player 3:
    ○ 8 character slots (bought 2 more) on Server A
    ○ Will have a total of 12 character slots on the New World and the 2 character slots left will be refunded.
  • Player 4:
    ○ 12 character slots (bought 6 more) on Server A
    ○ Will have a total of 12 character slots on the New World and the 6 character slots left will be refunded.
  • Player 5:
    ○ 8 character slots (bought 2 more) on Server A
    ○ 8 character slots (bought 2 more) on Server B
    ○ Will have a a total of of 10 character slots on the New World.

Sorry totally didn't get that from your original post. I honestly have no clue and haven't read anything about that scenario. I'd presume they'd get removed if its taking all info from the home server. Maybe someone will clarify though.

Edit: Although it does say " as guilds are tied to your family name" so maybe you might get the guild from A. Really need a CM to answer that one.

o, they increased the information on that thread...

Time to re-read it all again, thanks !

Posted

so if they convert the cp from other servers to cp xp I should have a round the same regardless of which server I choose?

Not just around, precisely the same ;)

The last server I logged out of was Uno.  When I logged back in the message said Edan............  I think you have some issues.  I was even channel locked on Uno when I logged back in.  I predict major issues.

If I was to hazard a guess, the reason you logged back in was cause you crashed or dc'd?

The client is utterly terrible at saving game state during gameplay, so it just dumps everything if you crash or dc. Had a devil of a time removing someone from my block list cause the game just kept re-adding them.

Posted

The game is going to be down 25 hours?

Posted (edited)

The game is going to be down 25 hours?

8pm to 9am is 25hours..... ? ¬¬

Edited by Caduryn
2 people like this

Posted (edited)

8pm to 9am is 25hours..... ? ¬¬

I mean 13.  isn't 1pm wed to 2am Thur 13 hours?   Edit: Never mind just got an email that says it will be 13 hrs.

• CST: 1pm (Wed, November 30th) -> 2am (Thu, December 1st)
Edited by Spafon

Posted

There's more to this game than just Olvia?

The maintenance page says something about the return of the Suport event loyal/new/returning, are we getting another make-boss-gear-easy-to-get-event?

At this point, does it really matter.? Seems everyone allready have it now anyways :P

Posted (edited)

You would have a few more CPs, depending on how much exp you had on the non-home server. Remember that CP does not equal exp, since the exp needed for CPs increases point after point.

But the result should be the same regardless which server you chose as home, if that was the question.

Edited by Uno

Posted

will you guys say anything about of event coins? is the event finished or ?

is the coin event finished ?

Posted

Though with a logon message, in game mail, forum posts and system messages I would wonder how someone who missed it made it out of Olvia.

afk bots..... lol

that would be about the ONLY way anyone could miss the notifications... all i'm hoping is that any issues that arise from such a merge, are minimal and easy to fix. i can't see this kind of move going completely smooth.

Posted (edited)

prepare your popcorn guys. i expect total chaos tomorrow. multiple hotpatches, the occasional rollback, ppl complaining for all kinds of reasons, additional server shutdowns, ppl not finding their stuff/items disappearing, ppl totally surprised by the servermerge who havent prepared at all and complain about foul play, new glitches and exploits with all their problems...and on and on and on. ppl with a fragile disposition should consider the old saying: "never play on patchday". im not complaining or whining here. i consider this as normal with such a fundamental change. DON'T PANIC AND ALWAYS HAVE A TOWEL WITH YOU

Though with a logon message, in game mail, forum posts and system messages I would wonder how someone who missed it made it out of Olvia.

never underestimate the stupidity of others. like einstein said:

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe!"

Edited by Dixs

Posted

prepare your popcorn guys. i expect total chaos tomorrow. multiple hotpatches, the occasional rollback, ppl complaining for all kinds of reasons, additional server shutdowns, ppl not finding their stuff/items disappearing, ppl totally surprised by the servermerge who havent prepared at all and complain about foul play, new glitches and exploits with all their problems...and on and on and on. ppl with a dragile disposition should consider the old saying: "never play on patchday". im not complaining or whining here. i consider this as normal with such a fundamental change. DON'T PANIC AND ALWAYS HAVE A TOWEL WITH YOU

Just wait and see. It's too early to come with conclusions. It can also just be minimal problems.

Posted (edited)

Just wait and see. It's too early to come with conclusions. It can also just be minimal problems.

expect the worst and are pleasently surprised when its not as bad

Edited by Dixs

Posted

expect the worst and are pleasently surprised when its not as bad

I expect something to go wrong at some point because it's hard to predict everything with a Merge this size.

That is also why i have screenshots of my gear, my inventory and my main warehouse. Just in case....

Posted

Sorry totally didn't get that from your original post. I honestly have no clue and haven't read anything about that scenario. I'd presume they'd get removed if its taking all info from the home server. Maybe someone will clarify though.

Edit: Although it does say " as guilds are tied to your family name" so maybe you might get the guild from A. Really need a CM to answer that one.

Those of you who have characters on another server that do not belong to a guild, and have chosen a home server which does in fact have characters in a guild will now have all characters in the home server guild.

Ex: xXSuperSniperXx has two characters on Edan that do not belong to a guild, but his chosen home server is Uno where his characters belong to guild "BoomHeadShot" after today's maintenance all of his characters will now belong to "BoomHeadShot" guild.

1 person likes this

Posted

Ex: xXSuperSniperXx has two characters on Edan that do not belong to a guild, but his chosen home server is Uno where his characters belong to guild "BoomHeadShot" after today's maintenance all of his characters will now belong to "BoomHeadShot" guild.

Gotta :x those names though, absolutely thumbs up for them ^_^ 

We're all going to be looking up BoomHeadShot the guild after the maintenance is done though, just so we can prod you ingame ;) 

Posted

Those of you who have characters on another server that do not belong to a guild, and have chosen a home server which does in fact have characters in a guild will now have all characters in the home server guild.

Is xXSuperSniperXx not from MarketPlaceBot guild?

1 person likes this

Posted

Is xXSuperSniperXx not from MarketPlaceBot guild?

No Jojo, he is from a magical world known as Call of Duty!

2 people like this

Posted

Random question, I am currently logged in afk fishing. My last prior login was on a separate server and I will not be home before the merge starts. I want the server I am fishing on to be my home server. Am I good to go or will there be a surprise when I can log in again?

Posted

Random question, I am currently logged in afk fishing. My last prior login was on a separate server and I will not be home before the merge starts. I want the server I am fishing on to be my home server. Am I good to go or will there be a surprise when I can log in again?

ur gud

Posted

ur gud

Correct, you do not have to be logged out, you can be logged into the server you wish to be your home server at the time of Maintenance. Users just need to make sure that if or when they log out it is from the correct server.

Posted

the characters on my home server do not belong to a guild so will they all belong to the guild on A or will they be kicked

Basically make the server with the guild you want to stay in your Home server.  The chars with higher CP/Energy will transfer over, the CP/Energy for the merged servers will be recalculated, and you'll have higher CP/Energy on the server your guild is on. 

Otherwise, if you want the other server to be your home server for some reason (Like invested nodes, etc.) then make sure you know how to contact your Guild Leader, and just make the Server you are more invested in your home server, and ask for a re-invite to your guild after the merge.

Posted

Good By Cruel World - c u on the other side

Posted (edited)

[ Contribution ]

The selected Home Server will determine which contribution exp is used as the total amount, and the rest of the servers are converted into Contribution EXP, and get merged into the Home Servers total experience.

• ie: Sally has 100 contribution on Alustin and only 15 contribution on Jordine, in order to have the desired amount of contribution Sally will need to ensure that she has logged out of Alustin prior to the beginning of the maintenance.

So if I have 250 contribution on Edan but my new home server is Uno with only 137 contribution will I atleast have 250 contribution after the merge? From my understanding 250 contribution points worth in XP is getting transferred correct? So if it take 100000 exp to get 250 contribution I will be getting 100000 exp in contribution added with the merge?

Edited by Tashkin

Posted

It depends on how much cp you have on the home server. If you have 100 cp on 1 server and 300 cp on the home server, then you will NOT have 400. Best guess, more like 325. The closer you get to the 300 the more cp exp is needed to level it higher.