• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Picture the Seasons Event Winners!

181 posts in this topic

Posted

Yeah I'm really sorry, I haven't claimed it obviously :/ Hopefully the issue will get sorted out soon and the rewards will get redistributed correctly. 

Posted (edited)

I'm so sorry to hear about the reward situation with some of you D: . As for myself, I correctly have the top winner option on my account page. Hopefully it gets sorted out soon for those of you who have been affected! 

Edited by TaffyFlamingo

Posted (edited)

I received and collected the correct prize in my account as top winner. If there was an error, it would probably be best to keep a screenshot of what you were given on your account page just in case.

Edited by Eames

Posted (edited)

I haven't claimed it, nor I will until this gets solved :) 

prize_available.thumb.PNG.b82e61bc9ee46cprize_picture_the_seasons.thumb.PNG.b148

@CM_Aethon, should we send a ticket? 

Edited by Aeryeen

Posted (edited)

I haven't claimed it, nor I will until this gets solved :) 

prize_available.thumb.PNG.b82e61bc9ee46cprize_picture_the_seasons.thumb.PNG.b148

Same here:

Przechwytywanie4.thumb.png.339a3e45c195b

Przechwytywanie.thumb.jpg.0817ca4fc63873

Edited by shosholada

Posted

Got and claimed the correct prize as a runner up on my account.

But i can't see any mentions about the title, do you guys know something about it ? Or maybe i'm just blind :)

Posted

Got and claimed the correct prize as a runner up on my account.

But i can't see any mentions about the title, do you guys know something about it ? Or maybe i'm just blind :)

In the in-game mail, there's a text that says the title will be given out at a later date.

2 people like this

Posted

In the in-game mail, there's a text that says the title will be given out at a later date.

Next time, i'll log in game before asking :$

Thank you !

Posted

Greetings All,

We've investigated the claims and confirmed there were issues on our end with the delivery of the prizes. As a result of this some players received the incorrect prize package via their account claim page. In the interest of fairness and to ensure that all players receive an appropriate level of reward we will be awarding all winners (Runners Up and the Top 12) an additional prize pack.

To clarify:

• Players that received the [Runners Up] package will also receive a single first place package.
  • Players that received the [First Place] package will also receive a single runners up package.

You may safely claim the currently available rewards in your account page at this time, we hope to have the additional prizes delivered by next Monday (12/12/2016). We apologize for any confusion this may have caused and thank you for your understanding.

11 people like this

Posted (edited)

Greetings All,

We've investigated the claims and confirmed there were issues on our end with the delivery of the prizes. As a result of this some players received the incorrect prize package via their account claim page. In the interest of fairness and to ensure that all players receive an appropriate level of reward we will be awarding all winners (Runners Up and the Top 12) an additional prize pack.

To clarify:

• Players that received the [Runners Up] package will also receive a single first place package.
  • Players that received the [First Place] package will also receive a single runners up package.

You may safely claim the currently available rewards in your account page at this time, we hope to have the additional prizes delivered by next Monday (12/12/2016). We apologize for any confusion this may have caused and thank you for your understanding.

So we can claim the one we have right now and we're going to receive the FIRST place package also, isn't it? 

Thank you for clearing this up so fast :) 

I don't mind that everyone else receive the first place prize as long as no one loses anything they should have gotten. It's a win-win situation, it seems everyone gets better rewards in the end.

Edited by Aeryeen
2 people like this

Posted

So we can claim the one we have right now and we're going to receive the FIRST place package also, isn't it? 

Thank you for clearing this up so fast :) 

I don't mind that everyone else receive the first place prize as long as no one loses anything they should have gotten. It's a win-win situation, it seems everyone gets better rewards in the end.

Correct you may go ahead and claim the items that are available now with out any issue. :) 

3 people like this

Posted

Woah.. I agree, thank you so much, and for informing us so fast as well!! :D 

Posted

Correct you may go ahead and claim the items that are available now with out any issue. :) 

Wow guys! Thank You so much! <3

Posted

Greetings All,

To clarify:

tumblr_ohy16r6Ann1r73n19o1_500.gif

Wowie! Early Christmas present : )

4 people like this

Posted

I don't mind that the runners-up and winners get both prizes, what I do mind though is that the players who either didn't follow the stated contest' rules correctly or didn't put in any effort into their screenshot but still somehow made it into the votings and ended up as runners-up will now get prizes that other participants deserved way more. As much as I love you, Kakao, I don't see the difficulty in sending some data to the correct person. What was the point in winning then if the players that seemingly didn't care that much about the contest or it's details get the same rewards as the ones, that put in a lot of effort and hard work to have a chance of winning? I don't mean this in any kind of rude way, it just seems unfair to me and I'm surprised that everyone is so okay with accepting rewards and prizes that originally didn't belong to them.

1 person likes this

Posted

Did anyone get the title?..

Posted

So... everyone gets both? I get the 2,5 (false, as its runner up) and additionally the 5k pearls..?

Well. Thats just awesome :D

Posted

I don't mind that the runners-up and winners get both prizes, what I do mind though is that the players who either didn't follow the stated contest' rules correctly or didn't put in any effort into their screenshot but still somehow made it into the votings and ended up as runners-up will now get prizes that other participants deserved way more. As much as I love you, Kakao, I don't see the difficulty in sending some data to the correct person. What was the point in winning then if the players that seemingly didn't care that much about the contest or it's details get the same rewards as the ones, that put in a lot of effort and hard work to have a chance of winning? I don't mean this in any kind of rude way, it just seems unfair to me and I'm surprised that everyone is so okay with accepting rewards and prizes that originally didn't belong to them.

The contest is over for a while now and I'm trying to not be salty about it anymore, but this stings a little tbh. Some of those runners-up screenshot barely even deserved the 2,5k pearl price, some straight up didn't. Now they're getting 7,5 pearls, 75€ worth of them? Wow, I'd need 3 months minimum to scratch together that much money to spend on an MMO. Others might see it differently but to me that's an enormous amount of pearls. And some of those ridiculously subpar screenshots are winning it over any of mine? Urgh.

I know we've had this topic already, but for the love of god, when you do this the next time, Kakao, either make it straight up honest rng from the beginning or take your time to pick winners that actually deserve to win - or be super clear and strict about the rules for once, whatever was the reason that runners-up selection turned out the way it did.

3 people like this

Posted

I'm pretty sure it was pure RNG. Must follow the game's principle right? :P

Some people just got lucky in a raffle and they were probably only be eliminated if their shots were really bad...

Posted

@Isilthia, I can assure you I worked extremely hard in this contest. It took me time, effort and I bothered my guildmates a lot with my rants about snow, fireflies and my choices. Despite all of this, I prefer that they give more prizes to people who questionably deserve them (which I cannot say, because I will never be able to tell how much they worked in their own screens) that if they chose to take away the prize from someone who actually deserved it. 

I think they don't have the way of removing items once they gave them away, that's why they decided to merge every warehouse and inventory with the server merge. If someone had already claimed their prizes, they wouldn't be able to remove them, so there was only two ways of fixing this:

• Giving both prizes only to the winners to compensate the ones who got only the runner-up ones
  • Giving both prizes to winners and runner-ups
  • Not doing anything about it (this is not even a choice)

The first choice would make all runner-ups to complain, because some of them would have got 2500 pearls and some of them 5000 in a random way.

The second choice makes everyone get the same, so none of them can feel being left behind and it makes that the only difference between winners and runner-ups is the calendar. Well, I am one of the winners and I admit I don't mind it, though I think this is really harsh for the people who took part here with a lot of work and didn't get a prize. 

These are two different subjects. I think they solved fine the prize mistake (subject one), but they should have somehow made it up to all those people who took part in the contest and got absolutely nothing despite their hard work (subject two). 

@Rinel, in-game mail says that the title will be awarded at a later date. 

2 people like this

Posted

...@Rinel, in-game mail says that the title will be awarded at a later date. 

kk ty

Posted (edited)

@Isilthia, I can assure you I worked extremely hard in this contest. It took me time, effort and I bothered my guildmates a lot with my rants about snow, fireflies and my choices. Despite all of this, I prefer that they give more prizes to people who questionably deserve them (which I cannot say, because I will never be able to tell how much they worked in their own screens) that if they chose to take away the prize from someone who actually deserved it. 

I think they don't have the way of removing items once they gave them away, that's why they decided to merge every warehouse and inventory with the server merge. If someone had already claimed their prizes, they wouldn't be able to remove them, so there was only two ways of fixing this:

• Giving both prizes only to the winners to compensate the ones who got only the runner-up ones
  • Giving both prizes to winners and runner-ups
  • Not doing anything about it (this is not even a choice)

The first choice would make all runner-ups to complain, because some of them would have got 2500 pearls and some of them 5000 in a random way.

The second choice makes everyone get the same, so none of them can feel being left behind and it makes that the only difference between winners and runner-ups is the calendar. Well, I am one of the winners and I admit I don't mind it, though I think this is really harsh for the people who took part here with a lot of work and didn't get a prize. 

These are two different subjects. I think they solved fine the prize mistake (subject one), but they should have somehow made it up to all those people who took part in the contest and got absolutely nothing despite their hard work (subject two). 

@Rinel, in-game mail says that the title will be awarded at a later date. 

In case you misunderstood what I meant: In my opinion, players that submitted screenshots that were AGAINST the rules, (for example not even showing their own character in the submission which we had 2-3 cases of or displaying the wrong season etc.) and that shouldn't have even made it into the top 60 out of 4500+ participants, do not deserve 7.5k pearls.. I am one of the winners as well and I worked very very hard to have the slightest chance of winning and ended up spamming and annoying my guildmates asking for their opinion on my submissions, that's why I have no problem with people, who've put in effort, to get more prizes than originally stated. What I do have a problem with though, is specific participants that, as I said, didn't follow the rules, getting rewards that other players, who didn't make it into the votings, deserved more. I wouldn't have minded them getting 25€ worth of pearls but 75€...sorry, but that just seems very unfair to me towards the players that had better submissions but didn't make it into the votings and ended up with no rewards at all.

I'm aware that there is no possible solution to fix their mistake other than compensating (as always). Additionally, I didn't say that they should take the rewards away either, as there is no chance to do that anymore anyway. My main point is, that they should not let these mistakes happen in the first place.

If you think about it, this whole contest was filled with errors: submissions getting picked that were against the rules, 2 players chosen twice which resulted in only 46 runner-ups instead of 48, and now the rewards being sent to wrong players.

There is nothing more to change nor to fix about it, but I should at least be allowed to state my opinion instead of just thanking them for another compensation.

Edited by Isilthia

Posted

In case you misunderstood what I meant: In my opinion, players that submitted screenshots that were AGAINST the rules, (for example not even showing their own character in the submission which we had 2-3 cases of or displaying the wrong season etc.) and that shouldn't have even made it into the top 60 out of 4500 participants, do not deserve 7.5k pearls.. I am one of the winners as well and I worked very very hard to have the slightest chance of winning and ended up spamming and annoying my guildmates asking for their opinion on my submissions, that's why I have no problem with people, who've put in effort, to get more prizes than originally stated. What I do have a problem with though, is specific participants that, as I said, didn't follow the rules, getting rewards that other players, who didn't make it into the votings, deserved more. I wouldn't have minded them getting 25€ worth of pearls but 75€...sorry, but that just seems very unfair to me towards the players that had better submissions but didn't make it into the votings and ended up with no rewards at all.

I'm aware that there is no possible solution to fix their mistake other than compensating (as always). Additionally, I didn't say that they should take the rewards away either, as there is no chance to do that anymore anyway. My main point is, that they should not let these mistakes happen in the first place.

If you think about it, this whole contest was filled with errors: submissions getting picked that were against the rules, 2 players chosen twice which resulted in only 46 runner-ups instead of 48, and now the rewards being sent to wrong players.

There is nothing more to change nor to fix about it, but I should at least be allowed to state my opinion instead of just thanking them for another compensation.

Actually, I agree with all you have said, I just stated the reason why I was ok with the result of this fixing. It is just because I don't think they have better way to do it. I still find hard to understand how certain mistakes were made, but the fact is they were and they shouldn't. 

3 people like this

Posted (edited)

Well that's a nice early BDO Christmas present for all winners and runner-ups! :D

I agree with what Aeryeen said, the contest didn't go 100% smooth but this now seems as the fairest solution.

I still think the staff improved on their contest handling but there sure is things to improve on in the future.

Edited by GreenSkadi
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

wow some Christmas presents~ thanks kakao! :D

please more enjoyable events for us and less rng for you! :3

a fun and unnecessary note:

seeing people on forum and gms liking screens with a lot of blur a bit surprises me lol

much difference in mentality between EU and RU regions ahah~ 

i took some screens with lotsa background blur and vignette effects for sparkling light sources, put them along with screens uve seen in my gallery for public judging on my social page - and most of people flamed blur and vignette ones saying its too much of a lame glam, like lame mainstream instagram filters, and advised me to put for contest only screens with minimum effects added, plus everyone assumed that vignette effect on pictures would look bad/weird in calendar if mixed with non-vignette shots

and i kinda agree with that, these effects are a bit lame~

but seeing vignette and LOTS of blur among winners kinda stunned me ^_^; oh well, shouldn't have deleted some soapy screens :D

Edited by Nanimonai