• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Oros or Saiyer ????

21 posts in this topic

Posted

Hey guys... Since i get my Boss gloves and Liverto to +17, what Off hand should i pick for better PvE??? Oros or Saiyer?? i guess a +17 Oros bring a 9 extra AP compared to a +17 Saiyer, did it worth to lose 23 DP and hiden evasion?

Posted (edited)

Saiyer or kutum. There is no place for oros frankly, you won´t really notice an increase in pve dmg. What u are losing is a lot of accuracy, thats why unless u are using 2xtri red coral earrings saiyer is better. With red coral earring i don´t know so i cannot tell u about that.

That being said, if u want to try yourself just make a tri one for failstacks:)

Edited by iloveKuchen

Posted

well.. with kzarka axe / tree belt / bheg's gloves.. you don't really have to worry about accuracy ..  sadly Oros isn't as effectively offensive as steel dagger but still

as far as pure AP is concerned.. oros is not too bad.. until you get Khutum or Nouver..IMO..

Posted (edited)

well.. with kzarka axe / tree belt / bheg's gloves.. you don't really have to worry about accuracy ..  sadly Oros isn't as effectively offensive as steel dagger but still

as far as pure AP is concerned.. oros is not too bad.. until you get Khutum or Nouver..IMO..

Thats not true.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-fibods-t2w

Accuracy matters and kzarka accuracy isnt even really tested.No reason to go oros, go duo kutum is reasonable and kinda cheap and can be upgraded later while kutum is failstack trash that u won´t use for failstacking and nobody will buy for a good price while saiyer is still BEAST for gvg.

Edited by iloveKuchen

Posted (edited)

Thats not true.

Accuracy matters and kzarka accuracy isnt even really tested.No reason to go oros, go duo kutum is reasonable and kinda cheap and can be upgraded later while kutum is failstack trash that u won´t use for failstacking and nobody will buy for a good price while saiyer is still BEAST for gvg.

i really wish I could understand half of what you type

Edited by Ironjaw
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

i really wish I could understand half of what you type

Accuracy matters = accuracy is important.

Kzarka accuracy advantage has not been proven nor confirmed by devs. I believe there is something but it is not solving all accuracy or even make a real difference. 

Kutum is reasonably cheap, you do not need a big preorder to get one. Upgrading it to duo offers nice ap, some hitrate, ignore resist, 2sockets and dp. This beats oros for pve and small scale for sure. Oros has 26,5ap, kutum has 25ap+5ap extra gem+5hitrate which is better. (i don´t know why i have to point it out, bddatabase is no secret).

Oros is failstacking gear, if you want to use it be my guest i don´t give a crap. You will not use it for failstacking (a lot) though (because armor is cheaper on hards). 

Nobody will buy the oros for a good price and u will have no use for it while saiyer is still very good for GVG/larger scale battles (or if you are being outleveled by an evasion build).

I could write like this but this forums is full of people who prefer to find mistakes, spread crap and whine and most people asking for help "is oros gud it has ap ap look good on screen" alike just wnat to here yes boy go with oros screen ap matters a lot more than useless accuracy, evasion, dp.

So i am giving the video that should answer anything but there u go, instead of asking what did u mean with this or that u go for "lulz u write bad".

PS: To make this clear: Sayer accuracy makes up for oros ap. Unless being very poor and very much not interested in grinding anything that is not green or lower there is no place for oros. Once kutum came to the game it was outclassed and outdated and any clever zerker sold it before that point.

Edited by iloveKuchen

Posted

Accuracy matters = accuracy is important.

Kzarka accuracy advantage has not been proven nor confirmed by devs. I believe there is something but it is not solving all accuracy or even make a real difference. 

Kutum is reasonably cheap, you do not need a big preorder to get one. Upgrading it to duo offers nice ap, some hitrate, ignore resist, 2sockets and dp. This beats oros for pve and small scale for sure. Oros has 26,5ap, kutum has 25ap+5ap extra gem+5hitrate which is better. (i don´t know why i have to point it out, bddatabase is no secret).

Oros is failstacking gear, if you want to use it be my guest i don´t give a crap. You will not use it for failstacking (a lot) though (because armor is cheaper on hards). 

Nobody will buy the oros for a good price and u will have no use for it while saiyer is still very good for GVG/larger scale battles (or if you are being outleveled by an evasion build).

I could write like this but this forums is full of people who prefer to find mistakes, spread crap and whine and most people asking for help "is oros gud it has ap ap look good on screen" alike just wnat to here yes boy go with oros screen ap matters a lot more than useless accuracy, evasion, dp.

So i am giving the video that should answer anything but there u go, instead of asking what did u mean with this or that u go for "lulz u write bad".

PS: To make this clear: Sayer accuracy makes up for oros ap. Unless being very poor and very much not interested in grinding anything that is not green or lower there is no place for oros. Once kutum came to the game it was outclassed and outdated and any clever zerker sold it before that point.

The problem is sometimes you are hard to understand to start and then if you have errors or get worked up it gets worse.  In question:  " go duo kutum is reasonable and kinda cheap and can be upgraded later while kutum is failstack trash that u won´t use for failstacking and nobody will buy for a good price while saiyer is still BEAST for gvg."

You say "go duo kutum" and then said "while kutum is failstack trash that u wont use for failstacking and nobody will buy"   Did you mean Oros is fail stack trash?  By your follow up response I think so, but thats not apparent from what you said.

Instead of getting worked up when people comment about how you write, as they do in other threads on here, just take a little bit of time to be more concise.

You could of said: "Don't bother with Oros after Kutum came out, if you dont have the +accuracy to support a Kutum stick with Saiyers for pvp."  

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

The problem is sometimes you are hard to understand to start and then if you have errors or get worked up it gets worse.  In question:  " go duo kutum is reasonable and kinda cheap and can be upgraded later while kutum is failstack trash that u won´t use for failstacking and nobody will buy for a good price while saiyer is still BEAST for gvg."

You say "go duo kutum" and then said "while kutum is failstack trash that u wont use for failstacking and nobody will buy"   Did you mean Oros is fail stack trash?  By your follow up response I think so, but thats not apparent from what you said.

Instead of getting worked up when people comment about how you write, as they do in other threads on here, just take a little bit of time to be more concise.

You could of said: "Don't bother with Oros after Kutum came out, if you dont have the +accuracy to support a Kutum stick with Saiyers for pvp."  

@iloveKuchen this.

took me way too long to conclude that you meant "go duo, kutum is cheap and OROS is failstack trash" and i'm not even sure if i arrived at the right conclusion. notice how my grammar is also shit, but it's still pretty easy to understand what i'm saying? you can do it too. it takes, maybe, 5% more time/effort.

Edited by cj711

Posted

Kutum >  Saiyer > Oros

Don't go Nouver when it's released IMO. Unless you're going for some weird ass full AP zerker build...In which case enjoy being useless during GvG and sieges.

Posted

Hey guys... Since i get my Boss gloves and Liverto to +17, what Off hand should i pick for better PvE??? Oros or Saiyer?? i guess a +17 Oros bring a 9 extra AP compared to a +17 Saiyer, did it worth to lose 23 DP and hiden evasion?

I have no clue what kind of advice they are giving you.

Everyone is rating the items based on their own opinion, not based on your initial question: "what Off hand should i pick for better PvE?"

So to answer your question

Oros is better for PvE, hands down noticable difference. Accuracy won't do anything for you in PvE since you already have DUO Liverto and DUO Bhegs. Oros at TRI is 1.5AP Higher than Kutum at TRI.

Now, I would recommend if you are only going to be doing PvE, Oros would be your best bet for faster farming.

I would also like to agree with the others that you should truly aim for Kutum and only use Oros as a "crutch" AP wise until you get there.

So oros until you manage to get Kutum

And to @iloveKuchen in regards to your statement: "Kutum is reasonably cheap, you do not need a big preorder to get one." Multiple people have put up preorders at 150-200million. I consider that a large preorder. Thankfully i got my kutum box after 60 Kutums the other day

Posted

@Godlyy

And to @iloveKuchen in regards to your statement: "Kutum is reasonably cheap, you do not need a big preorder to get one." Multiple people have put up preorders at 150-200million. I consider that a large preorder. Thankfully i got my kutum box after 60 Kutums the other day

Depends on server, here on Croxus EU i can place a 95M pre-order on a zerker Kutum and get it. The one i bought actually skipped my pre-order and i just bought it off market, no bid required. Zerkers are a dying class, so Zerker kutums specifically are rare but cheap. Also, It's just not worth him going Oros. If he's in this game just for PvE, he's going to have to fight for his spot at some point, in which case he NEEDS Saiyer / Kutum. Oros is just bad. 8AP or so isn't gonna be worth the hassle.

1 person likes this

Posted

@Godlyy

Depends on server, here on Croxus EU i can place a 95M pre-order on a zerker Kutum and get it. The one i bought actually skipped my pre-order and i just bought it off market, no bid required. Zerkers are a dying class, so Zerker kutums specifically are rare but cheap. Also, It's just not worth him going Oros. If he's in this game just for PvE, he's going to have to fight for his spot at some point, in which case he NEEDS Saiyer / Kutum. Oros is just bad. 8AP or so isn't gonna be worth the hassle.

Oh i mentioned that he needs to simply use Oros' AP to his advantage for farming PvE and that he should specifically aim for Kutum, but to use Oros until then, he doesn't need saiyer that badly to fight for his spot with DUO bhegs and DUO liverto

1 person likes this

Posted

I hate to post things according to what's happening in KR server.  But since they have experienced it more so than us in other servers, I have no choice but to refer what they have alerady concluded.  Kzarka accuracy is there regardless of what you think.  Nouver is much more preferred than any other 2ndary in that server due to the reason that once you reach that threshold AP like 230 or 240,  that little accuracy means not much.  However the KR players do agree that Khutum is a great addition for people who farm at high end dungeons like Hystria or Ackman as the ltitle added accuracy do show it's value in those dungeons.   GvG or node wars or what not, you die regardless of what 2ndary you use.

However I do have to agree that Khutum is THE best in slot item in the NA server.  But in uno server I play on, I rarely see khutum knot showing up in the AH.  Did a bunch of khutum myself but still not lucky.  I have all 3 other knots with TRI on them and I still prefer using Oros. 

Then there is a question I have for myself, if I have a TRI khutum will I trade it for TRI nouver when they implement it?  Maybe not if and only if I can manage 220 ish ap with khutum.

I still have a long way to go but am sitting with 195 ap / 260 ish dp now and soon as I TRI my dandelion buster I am sure I can reach 200 AP with my awakened weapon.. if I trade my oros with khutum i may go back down blow 200 ap and get like 15 more dp I think?  So much to ponder..

1 person likes this

Posted

I hate to post things according to what's happening in KR server.  But since they have experienced it more so than us in other servers, I have no choice but to refer what they have alerady concluded.  Kzarka accuracy is there regardless of what you think.  Nouver is much more preferred than any other 2ndary in that server due to the reason that once you reach that threshold AP like 230 or 240,  that little accuracy means not much.  However the KR players do agree that Khutum is a great addition for people who farm at high end dungeons like Hystria or Ackman as the ltitle added accuracy do show it's value in those dungeons.   GvG or node wars or what not, you die regardless of what 2ndary you use..

Yes, we are referring only to NA and EU servers. only the bare minimum lucky shits have 240 + AP, noone is getting insta bursted with super high DP in our state of the game. I completely agree that DP is irrelevant at a certain point, hopefully the AP/DP Rework comes soon. But yeah, right now, in our state of the game and not KRs, Kutum is BiS.

1 person likes this

Posted

Yes, we are referring only to NA and EU servers. only the bare minimum lucky shits have 240 + AP, noone is getting insta bursted with super high DP in our state of the game. I completely agree that DP is irrelevant at a certain point, hopefully the AP/DP Rework comes soon. But yeah, right now, in our state of the game and not KRs, Kutum is BiS.

Even at kr not a lot of ppl have 240 ap. But 210-230is enough to burst people already given that it is one of the poor sorcs or warriors that are getting dominated by our overpowered berserkers. Ranger can delete with what, 200ap?

.  Nouver is much more preferred than any other 2ndary in that server due to the reason that once you reach that threshold AP like 230 or 240,  that little accuracy means not much.  However the KR players do agree that Khutum is a great addition for people who farm at high end dungeons like Hystria or Ackman as the ltitle added accuracy do show it's value in those dungeons.   GvG or node wars or what not, you die regardless of what 2ndary you use.

However I do have to agree that Khutum is THE best in slot item in the NA server.  But in uno server I play on, I rarely see khutum knot showing up in the AH.  Did a bunch of khutum myself but still not lucky.  I have all 3 other knots with TRI on them and I still prefer using Oros. 

Then there is a question I have for myself, if I have a TRI khutum will I trade it for TRI nouver when they implement it?  Maybe not if and only if I can manage 220 ish ap with khutum.

I still have a long way to go but am sitting with 195 ap / 260 ish dp now and soon as I TRI my dandelion buster I am sure I can reach 200 AP with my awakened weapon.. if I trade my oros with khutum i may go back down blow 200 ap and get like 15 more dp I think?  So much to ponder..

You trade your oros with kutum and u go...down with ap? How? You hvae a pen oros?

Accuracy means everything for pvp. For pve it means enough so that any player i asked about it told me that if he can hit like 210 with kutum it comes close to nouver and around 220it beats it for dungeons.

Concluding that for anything but pvp or endgame mob ap, accuracy nothing matters (oneshot or oneshot) kutum is the best option for a lot of them. Add that resistance is capped at 60 so having 10more might not help all the time kutum is the best way to go for almost everybody, right now with no nouver ingame, and for those classes that are not ignoring dp values teleporting around into oneshotting.

To answer your question, it is 20DP, around 3or4ap, 150life, 5hitrate, 10ignore resist(a key stat for our class). U also lose 2evasion but with muskan i don´t think that this is a big problem.

Posted (edited)

I hate to post things according to what's happening in KR server.  But since they have experienced it more so than us in other servers, I have no choice but to refer what they have alerady concluded.  Kzarka accuracy is there regardless of what you think.  Nouver is much more preferred than any other 2ndary in that server due to the reason that once you reach that threshold AP like 230 or 240,  that little accuracy means not much.  However the KR players do agree that Khutum is a great addition for people who farm at high end dungeons like Hystria or Ackman as the ltitle added accuracy do show it's value in those dungeons.   GvG or node wars or what not, you die regardless of what 2ndary you use.

Good info and research there as well sir.

With the Kutum TRI you will lose 1.5AP in comparison to the OROS TRI you have now. I feel this is a negligible amount of AP for what kutum does for us "right now" in NA. It took me 60 Kutum's, 50 without S rank, 10 with S Rank to get my first box to drop.

If you are wanting to place a preorder on kutum (+1,2,3 etc.) , I might add that others have been consistently getting beat on (+1,+2,+3 etc.) with 151million preorders. I would recommend taking your preorder on one of those up a notch to 175m at least to give yourself better chances

I'll be running Kutum for quite some time so watch for world chats and the train will always start at the top channel and work its way down. Will see you there ^^ (Had to solo him down to 85% on UNO earlier before someone finally came to help xD)

Edited by Godlyy

Posted

pop a crit dmg cry in the extra slot and it does far more damage than the 1.5ap. Personally prefer 150hp 5ap cry, even though the cry AP doesn't seem to be as effective as sheet ap, the loss in dmg using 150hp 5ap cry vs crit dmg cry is worth the 150hp IMO, either way its more than the 1.5 sheet oros gives.

Posted

pop a crit dmg cry in the extra slot and it does far more damage than the 1.5ap. Personally prefer 150hp 5ap cry, even though the cry AP doesn't seem to be as effective as sheet ap, the loss in dmg using 150hp 5ap cry vs crit dmg cry is worth the 150hp IMO, either way its more than the 1.5 sheet oros gives.

;) I will keep my oros until I get my khutum..   I have been blatantly doing bosses so alot of crystals went up in the air.. so until then.. Oros will serve me right.. and oh yes.. i want a khutum myself haha..

Posted

Good info and research there as well sir.

With the Kutum TRI you will lose 1.5AP in comparison to the OROS TRI you have now. I feel this is a negligible amount of AP for what kutum does for us "right now" in NA. It took me 60 Kutum's, 50 without S rank, 10 with S Rank to get my first box to drop.

If you are wanting to place a preorder on kutum (+1,2,3 etc.) , I might add that others have been consistently getting beat on (+1,+2,+3 etc.) with 151million preorders. I would recommend taking your preorder on one of those up a notch to 175m at least to give yourself better chances

I'll be running Kutum for quite some time so watch for world chats and the train will always start at the top channel and work its way down. Will see you there ^^ (Had to solo him down to 85% on UNO earlier before someone finally came to help xD)

I wouldn't preorder high because as u said its an easy to get piece with lots of possible kills per day. just have my maid ready when one gets put up and roll until i get lucky for 95m or loot it.

And on nouver, again: berserker don´t need to reach a threshold to one combo because we can do 3grabs thats enough at only 210ap but having some more dp to survive or nitrate or resist ignore to get that combo before or after survive the one combo that dps shit on you ur better off.

Posted

Oros! Always!

I wouldn't preorder high because as u said its an easy to get piece with lots of possible kills per day. just have my maid ready when one gets put up and roll until i get lucky for 95m or loot it.

And on nouver, again: berserker don´t need to reach a threshold to one combo because we can do 3grabs thats enough at only 210ap but having some more dp to survive or nitrate or resist ignore to get that combo before or after survive the one combo that dps shit on you ur better off.

zerks can 2 shot ppl after 230sheet ap. even those whom are geared

Posted

Thats not true.

theos is betterY for gvg cause dp and dmg reduction , had all offhoffhand tri:oros,saiyr,theos and kutum. testing all hardly and this is my opinion:

oros:

the worst offhand , same dmg thaQt saiyer in pve cause you lost ton of acc and mising hits whit valencia mobs, and you are squishy vs valencia mobs and pvp. i sold 1 week after of test it tnx to god.

saiyer: all rounder and cheap offhand, make you decent tank, nice acc and balanced ap-acc. use it meanwhile you get khutum.

theos: for me te better large group ofhand, this -----in offhand make you to tank 10 guys hitting you at same time and you can stil alive.

khutum: the best whitout any doubt for pve and 1vs1, small group pvp, alot ap,acc?, ignore resist ,good dp and 2 sock.

i sold all the offhand except khutum and theos. im lvl 60 zerker.

1 person likes this

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0