• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

will this custom PC RUN IT

23 posts in this topic

Posted

this is the pc i am thinking of building could anyone tell me if it will run BDO, and if not what i should change? not sure if the graphics card is powerful enough? https://pcpartpicker.com/list/sfNQcc

Posted (edited)

Yes, easily on high/ultra

I would add a ssd for bdo too, makes load times and rendering ALOT faster

Edited by Juciest Lemon

Posted

u should download more ram too

Posted

Yes, easily on high/ultra

I would add a ssd for bdo too, makes load times and rendering ALOT faster

thanks i will do that, i appreciate it. right now the pc im using i get about 10 fps, 

u should download more ram too

i will add more ram when i have some more cash :)

Posted (edited)

I always think only the idiots build their own pc, often time you can't beat pc that's already build

like look at this one just like about 60-70 more dollars it make more sense to me to have windows on SSD

oops I meant this one

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883230121

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883227687

They are both good but I recommend the first one ^ why, it includes a good sized SSD drive(For two games and windows ex: having bad desert and world of boringcraft you want your most played game on SSD) the storage harddrive also has 1 TB more space than the one you're getting, and of course the ram is much better than what you want, the ram is faster and twice the amount.

Edited by William

Posted (edited)

I always think only the idiots build their own pc, often time you can't beat pc that's already build

lol, ok. but you're wrong.

just look at the PSU one is corsair low budget 650w and the other one just says : 

Power Supply
600W

just that tells me you shoulnd buy those computers, no quality parts, will be same for , cheap MOBO cheap ram cheap everything.

this is the pc i am thinking of building could anyone tell me if it will run BDO, and if not what i should change? not sure if the graphics card is powerful enough? https://pcpartpicker.com/list/sfNQcc

that core i7 is overkill for gaming.

save some bucks and get core i5 6600k.
do you really need liquid cooling ? an cooler master evo 212 cpu cooler on air is very good and half the price,

I have no idea what avexir ram is , i would pick ripjaws or corsairs ram over that, you dont want RAM failures.

get a small SSD , like 250GB to install only windows and black desert, this will save you so much loading as well as pop ups in-game because of fast loading time. vs a HDD.

I recommand the samsung evo 850 , they are proven.

case/psu looks OK to me, psu could be better, 10years waranty supernova g2 ( also evga ) will never fail you.

Edited by Sizer

Posted

atm i'm trying to talk myself out of buying a 6950x.

Posted (edited)

atm i'm trying to talk myself out of buying a 6950x.

you're crazy

this close to ZEN and intel 7000's release .I would wait.

if amd pulls out a new fx8350/8370 kind of deal, this will be good.
that thing is like 10years old and it's still good enough for budget/medium gaming todays rig. > 4670

Edited by Sizer
1 person likes this

Posted

you're crazy
this close to ZEN and intel 8000's release .I would wait.

if amd pulls out a new fx8350/8370 kind of deal, this will be good.
that thing is like 10years old and it's still good enough for budget/medium gaming todays rig. > 4670

you're 100% right.
About everything you said.

Especially the crazy part.

this is the tradeoff I get from not being able to play the game as much as I want though.
I get to get all kinds of cool neat toys.

like 10 core processors.

Posted (edited)

you're 100% right.About everything you said.

Especially the crazy part.

this is the tradeoff I get from not being able to play the game as much as I want though.
I get to get all kinds of cool neat toys.

like 10 core processors.

to play a single cpu made game, not gonna end well. does BDO even scale with 4 ?

I'd pick a 5ghz dual core with hyperthreading to play BDO over a unoptimised ( for gaming )10cores.
those monsters are made to deal with 4k/8k video editing and 3D printing,

not gaming man. 

Edited by Sizer
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

to play a single cpu made game, not gonna end well. does BDO even scale with 4 ?
I'd pick a 5ghz dual core with hyperthreading to play BDO over a unoptimised ( for gaming )10cores.

not gaming man. 

Main choice is for star citizen, ontop of that, i run vmworkstation on my gaming pc a lot. Wurk to get done son.

I have all I need to OC it to 4.7 though, which is good enough for me.
To my knowledge bdo scales with 4. (current CPU is 4.7 ghz and never has any issues running bdo + ark + Rainbow 6 Siege. OR streaming while running 2 of any of these games [I always have BDO up, so if I'm streaming ark/siege/whatever else, ark is always minimized.])

This being said, I've done a lot of goofy shit to my machine to obtain the level of performance I demand in what I do.

Edited by War

Posted

Main choice is for star citizen, ontop of that, i run vmworkstation on my gaming pc a lot. Wurk to get done son.

I have all I need to OC it to 4.7 though, which is good enough for me.
To my knowledge bdo scales with 4. (current CPU is 4.7 ghz and never has any issues running bdo + ark + Rainbow 6 Siege. OR streaming while running 2 of any of these games [I always have BDO up, so if I'm streaming ark/siege/whatever else, ark is always minimized.])

This being said, I've done a lot of goofy shit to my machine to obtain the level of performance I demand in what I do.

hehe I feel you fab,

I have a first gen core i5 750 2.66ghz O.C to 3.6ghz ( almost 7years now ) runs under 60 celsius. that thing is unkillable.
waiting on next gen, this gonna be so tasty. 

computer at the office is much more recent. 

Posted

hehe I feel you fab,
I have a first gen core i5 750 2.66ghz O.C to 3.6ghz ( almost 7years now ) runs under 60 celsius. that thing is unkillable.
waiting on next gen, this gonna be so tasty. 

computer at the office is much more recent. 

Ya, I have like 5 machines though.
(Main gaming workstation, 3 servers(2 xeon and 1 i7) and the 1 pc I built for my ex but she dumped me soooooooo.... dust collector.)

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Edited by NotDan
1 person likes this

Posted

alright I see it works with multi-cores but the % is only at 65-75 % so there is alot of spare room for improvement , in this case the GPU is bottlenecking. fps are in the 30s-40s wich is no good, overkill CPU with not good enough GPU , 30/40fps.

Posted

lol, ok. but you're wrong.

just look at the PSU one is corsair low budget 650w and the other one just says : 

A better power supply than what you need doesn't improve performance of anything at all other than cosmetic telling people you have a corsair.

and chances are corsair psu probably came from the same or similar source(the place where people jump off building in china so they have to bar the windows)

Posted (edited)

A better power supply than what you need doesn't improve performance of anything at all other than cosmetic telling people you have a corsair.

and chances are corsair psu probably came from the same or similar source(the place where people jump off building in china so they have to bar the windows)

keep showing you know nothing please.

cheap psu can explode and litteraly make everything blow up in your computer with a power surge but hey go ahead and get a 30 $ chinese knockoff 600w no-name psu.

just stop talking.

watch?v=uRBu5egS6Ig

Edited by Sizer

Posted (edited)

"i dont know what thats do all i know is the cheap psu has much space my expensive one is heavy and very pack so it must be good"

bro a lot of time electronic is more about function than quality. Im still using a smart phone from 7-8 years ago to type this. While many people upgrade to the latest model. To do what? Text faster?Psu buisness is as big of a scam as oil change places that charge you for other services.if you buy one of those pre build pc and it really does "blow up" just give their customer service a call attach pictures. Im sure psu that do make computers blow up is bad for business.

get a pre build dont be a retard and build your own "bottlenecked" system

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883102254

Bro get this one

Intel Core i7-6700 (3.40 GHz) 32 GB DDR4 1 TB HDD 240 GB SSD GTX 1080 8 GB Windows 10 Home 64-Bit

• $1,699.99
  • $1,449.99
  • Save: $250.00 (15%)

reason you get this one, because SSD you need BDO and WINDOWS on SDD. Secondly chances are you won't upgrade that 8 gb of shitty ram you want with the build your own system. dude 32 gb of ram helps

Edited by William

Posted

You should wait until Kaby Lake launch on the 5th of January.

If that's not possible, get a 6600K CPU and a Z170 mainboard so you can overclock. You'll save some money vs. the 6700K and performance will be better.

Posted

You should wait until Kaby Lake launch on the 5th of January.

If that's not possible, get a 6600K CPU and a Z170 mainboard so you can overclock. You'll save some money vs. the 6700K and performance will be better.

Only a very small difference for CPU I'm a layman and I can understand that

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/intel-kaby-lake-core-i7-7700k-overclocking-performance-review,4836-2.html

By the way is Black Desert even the type of game you want to play with 4k graphic? is it even optimize to do that?

imo if you want 4k gaming you should just get a PS 4 pro and a 4k tv since the soon to come out titles(mainly single player ones) are optimize to do that. If you get an unsatisfying experience you can wreck Sony. For BDO(You can't wreck Kakao, Kakao wrecks you) even if you're running 4 GTX 1080 there's no certainty it would run well and optimized especially when you're doing something with a lot of other players what you're looking for is a high framerate but 1080p resolution gaming. Don't listen to the charlatans telling you to get that latest CPU wasting hundreds of dollars for no reason at all BDO has its limit(not optimized) There's higher chance the GM(server side) thinks you are hacking before you could make your system show any improvement in the game. It's like the idiom you cant take the X out of X

By the way I never heard of that brand Zotac it sounds like some knock off shit

if you are going to pay the same price go for this Asus

https://www.amazon.com/ASUS-GeForce-Turbo-Graphic-TURBO-GTX1080-8G/dp/B01HDUVJ2M/ref=sr_1_1?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1480584185&sr=1-1&keywords=GTX%2B1080&refinements=p_36%3A-59000&th=1

List Price:

$609.99
Price:$579.99 & FREE Shipping.
You Save:$30.00 (5%)

1 person likes this

Posted

not gaming man. 

BDO uses all cores..

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0