• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

No control over guild storage access

29 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

So. @CM_Aethon or whoever. 

Recently I have been dealing with someone snatching items from guild storage (and prolly throwing it away since you cant do anything with it). It pissed me out (we manage to deal with it using storage alts). Why storage system is so flawed in 2016 MMORPG? 

1. Guild Storage has no activity logs

2. No control over who can or cannot access the storage

3. Storage can be now accessed from anywhere in the city, even during fishing. 

4. Storage can be accessed from any channel 

5. Storage can be accessed by anyone, even by people that are at their first day in the guild

So. I wrote a ticket to support asking for logs (i dont want the items back, i just want logs) and this was their reply: 

Black Desert Online is a competitive game. Sadly, this sometimes means other players will perform actions that have a negative effect on your own experience, including political and personal sabotage. We consider this to be part of the game, and we encourage you to look for an in-game solution to your problem.

I recomend setting up your own agents in competing guilds to sniff out those who are harboring a grudge against you and taking the fight to them!

NO!

You cannot call something "a part of the game" where there is no way of fighting this. I have played EvE Online for 7 years, I personally was responsible for espionage attack that led to downfall of one of the biggest alliances in that time, but first i had to spend 11 months on my alternate account to even gain access to the good stuff, and the espionage strike was one-time-deal since a)its all on one megaserver (no channel divisions) b)logs - sniffing a thief is fast.

You might say "keep the stuff on your alts" - why the hell do i need guild storage for then? I have 2 of my most trusted officers (7 alts atm) alt inventories packed to their maximum weight capacity because of this. Thats no solution, thats like saying "well if they keep stealing cell-phones in your neighbourhood, keep yours at home".

You might say "well you better watch who you invite into your guild", this is internet people, a guy might seem a best game-buddy ever, talkative on TeamSpeak, helpful, but there is darkness in everyone and the same guy might be throwing out stuff from the guild storage because 'lulz'. How do you think I managed to ruin 3 corporations in EvE? (But again, EvE was different, EvE had advanced corporation (guild) management tools, espionage actually WAS part of the game). 

In BDO this is not a part of a warfare, this is just a tool for trolls since the best they can do with that stuff is throw it out. The only way to fight this is forcing people to install TeamViewer and monitor all 100 people 24/7. Your guild storage system is flawed and saying its a part of the game is just a proof of your incompetence and lazyness. Until you provide tools to better manage guild storage (or manage it at all since at the moment we have NO tools at all, and let me remind you ships are coming) you cannot use that excuse. 

Guilds-need-management-tools in 2016. 

Edited by Sveyn
3 people like this

Posted

if you don't trust your guildmates, then you're in the wrong guild.

Posted

if you don't trust your guildmates, then you're in the wrong guild.

If you say stuff like that you never played Eve Online. It only takes one greedy individual in a guild and it will go wrong.

Posted

2 options that could easilly solve this

1) Access to Quatermaster and above only (or any managment guildmembers rights option for that matter)

2) Logs of things going in and out of storage (we have messages when someone buys stuff from guild manager why not have "<A> put 20 wax in guild storage, <A> has taken 100 ink from guild storage)

Posted

If you say stuff like that you never played Eve Online. It only takes one greedy individual in a guild and it will go wrong.

I trust noone in an MMORPG. I dont trust anyone i cant drive to and punch them in the face.  

2 options that could easilly solve this

1) Access to Quatermaster and above only (or any managment guildmembers rights option for that matter)

2) Logs of things going in and out of storage (we have messages when someone buys stuff from guild manager why not have "<A> put 20 wax in guild storage, <A> has taken 100 ink from guild storage)

Especially that guild log finally works but so far it only shows who joined/left the guild and declared/undeclared wars. In 2016. 

1 person likes this

Posted

If I team up with someone, I need to put all my trust in them. If I put something in the guild storage, it means I'm offering it to my comrades to use, it stop being mine the moment I share it. Once the item is not mine, I couldn't care less who takes/uses it, as long as it remains in guild. From here the "trust your mates". Ofc something will be lost, but if YOU share it, you should be ready to take the loss.

PS: Eve is a niche game with one of the worst and immature communities ever, sadly because the gameplay is actually really good, but once money start driving the ship, fun becomes secondary. 

Posted (edited)

as long as it remains in guild.

It's not. This is a OP's problem. It's in the first sentence l2read... And also how can you be so naive to trust people on the internet? xD

Recently I have been dealing with someone snatching items from guild storage (and prolly throwing it away since you cant do anything with it)

Edited by Garuwashi

Posted (edited)

If I team up with someone, I need to put all my trust in them. If I put something in the guild storage, it means I'm offering it to my comrades to use, it stop being mine the moment I share it. Once the item is not mine, I couldn't care less who takes/uses it, as long as it remains in guild. From here the "trust your mates". Ofc something will be lost, but if YOU share it, you should be ready to take the loss.

PS: Eve is a niche game with one of the worst and immature communities ever, sadly because the gameplay is actually really good, but once money start driving the ship, fun becomes secondary. 

1. Sure if you are making a small guild of friends 

2. You are NOT OFFERING ANYTHING TO ANYONE USING GUILD STORAGE IN THIS GAME. GUILD STORAGE IS FOR GUILD CRAFT ONLY.

3. I could stop right here since obviously you have no idea what guild storage is for and how tedious and time consuming Craft Permits (when you need few thousand of those) are. 

4. Once guild grows XL it becomes a project. Building ships, elephants and equipment for those things - its all a project, and project needs management tools this game lacks. 

5. Saying that EvE has the most immature community is pretty bold. And untrue. 

6. All I require is basic stuff: logs of storage activity, basic guild rank adjustment options every, even the most P2W wow facebook clone MMO has. 

Edited by Sveyn

Posted (edited)

eh eh eh different point of views... no need to fight on a game

Edited by Mjollnir
no need to argue

Posted

lol

Posted

eh eh eh different point of views... no need to fight on a game

Its not a different point of view. You seriously have no idea what guild storage is used for. 

Posted (edited)

Although I agree more tools are needed to limit access to certain players, the above issue is relatively easy to fix. 
The officer that manages guild crafting uses one of his alts to harbor the guild items. Odds are, if you are crafting enough, that you will run out of guild space. And you can always organize who does what. When they are done, they deposit the item and you withdraw it.

I am very interested in what you have in the guild inventory that takes so much weight.

Sad thing is, guild storage never was a place to store, more like move between players.

Edited by Rasnath

Posted (edited)

Although I agree more tools are needed to limit access to certain players, the above issue is relatively easy to fix. 
The officer that manages guild crafting uses one of his alts to harbor the guild items. Odds are, if you are crafting enough, that you will run out of guild space. And you can always organize who does what. When they are done, they deposit the item and you withdraw it.

I am very interested in what you have in the guild inventory that takes so much weight.

Sad thing is, guild storage never was a place to store, more like move between players.

Materials for few thousand craft permits and craft permits alone. 

Problem arrives when you HAVE to store the items in order to craft stuff. Unless you will do it one material at time...... this totally defeats the purpose of the storage. When ships will arrive you will have to store shitton of materials, few times more than elephants needed. 

Officer alts solution, as stated in Original Post is allready taking place, but thats just to store stuff. Problem arrives when you actually have to create stuff. 

Edited by Sveyn

Posted

The first thing this thread made me say is - dude, get off the computer. You aren't in the CIA.

The second is that if your concern is that great, your mistrust of your guild is that grand and your previous experience tells you to do so, check those slots every day, and shift the mats to alts.  This is ridiculous and tedious but if that is how you feel and how what your intuition is telling you then you also need to micromanage the situation.  A log will tell you who did what but at the most it will have a player removed from your guild, it won't prevent a name or family change and having them do it again and it won't stop them from snagging another acct and rejoining. Basically if being around you and royally screwing you and yours is that important to them (considering you are someone that likely infuriated tons of people with your 11 month double cross and treachery - this is very likely, especially if you've continued this type of behavior in BDO) - they will get you somehow, some way ---> you are going to get yours, regardless of which mechanic it is that allows them to do so. 

The fact is people steal, its the internet people aren't who you think they are. You are a prime example of this. Guild management tools could be improved but I don't agree with your basis for why.  A log will do nothing, especially if its full of duplicates and sorted fails like the other logs are. This won't fix your problem according to Kakao taking this sort of thing to them is gameplay as usual.  Limiting who can access guild storage, just means that your perpetrator has an extra month or two to get in your good graces before you grant them the same access as everyone else and then they strike. Karma sometimes takes a while to catch up to you.

If I'd not read this about your past I might feel differently about it but right now, I don't.  I like my guild storage and all of the attributes that you feel are bad, I appreciate for their ability to be flexible and reduce my required intervention with them.

Posted

You should be QM or higher to remove stuff from the guild storage.  The player conveniences in this game are minimal.  I think Wow 16 years ago had better tools for players.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

The first thing this thread made me say is - dude, get off the computer. You aren't in the CIA.

The second is that if your concern is that great, your mistrust of your guild is that grand and your previous experience tells you to do so, check those slots every day, and shift the mats to alts.  This is ridiculous and tedious but if that is how you feel and how what your intuition is telling you then you also need to micromanage the situation.  A log will tell you who did what but at the most it will have a player removed from your guild, it won't prevent a name or family change and having them do it again and it won't stop them from snagging another acct and rejoining. Basically if being around you and royally screwing you and yours is that important to them (considering you are someone that likely infuriated tons of people with your 11 month double cross and treachery - this is very likely, especially if you've continued this type of behavior in BDO) - they will get you somehow, some way ---> you are going to get yours, regardless of which mechanic it is that allows them to do so. 

The fact is people steal, its the internet people aren't who you think they are. You are a prime example of this. Guild management tools could be improved but I don't agree with your basis for why.  A log will do nothing, especially if its full of duplicates and sorted fails like the other logs are. This won't fix your problem according to Kakao taking this sort of thing to them is gameplay as usual.  Limiting who can access guild storage, just means that your perpetrator has an extra month or two to get in your good graces before you grant them the same access as everyone else and then they strike. Karma sometimes takes a while to catch up to you.

If I'd not read this about your past I might feel differently about it but right now, I don't.  I like my guild storage and all of the attributes that you feel are bad, I appreciate for their ability to be flexible and reduce my required intervention with them.

What is Karma that you speak of? In EvE Online espionage actually was part of the game. Those EvE corporations i mentioned? They did exactly the same in entire alliances. Subterfuge was a feature of the game, but leaders and officers had means to track such people down, that's what made it fun. It was cat and mouse game. If you dont know the circumstance and the game itself you should take and hide your touchy-feely somewhere. Problem is BDO is cat-and-mouse game as well except cat is blind, has no claws, and has diabetes. 

I have NOTHING against sabotage, unless i there are counter-espionage mechanics in the game, at the moment guilds are defenseless, give us logs, give us some guild management tools and lets make a game out of espionage cause right now its pure griefing. Without any way to investigate the issue loot is just open for the taking and guilds might get stuck forever with that issue unable to build ships/elephants etc. 

Edited by Sveyn

Posted

*facepalm*

What is Karma that you speak of? In EvE Online espionage actually was part of the game. Those EvE corporations i mentioned? They did exactly the same in entire alliances. If you dont know the circumstance and the game itself you should take and hide your touchy-feely somewhere. I have NOTHING against sabotage, unless i there are counter-espionage mechanics in the game, at the moment guilds are defenseless, give us logs, give us some guild management tools and lets make a game out of espionage cause right now its pure griefing. 

I'm sorry your thread is being derailed by certain people types.

I want more management options too. :(

1 person likes this

Posted

It always wondered me inBDO that we have not so many ranks and that they're just weird to begin with. Why not make a 5 step pyramid

1 leader

2 vice leader (1-3 people depending on guild size) default settings - anything a leader can do except kicking out leader and other vice leaders. Priority leadership when guild is without a leader.

3 officer (1-10 people depending on guild size) default settings can kick people of rank lower then officer, can use guild storage in both ways, can give contracts, can use guild mounts/shops etc

4 quatermaster (1-10 people) default setting - can buy and sell in guild shop, can summon mounts  and machines in observatories and freely load any siege machines, can use guild storage in out

5 regular (all other) default setting - can store items in the guild storage, can summon mounts  and machines in observatories

Then give the options to define them yourself:

a) Give contracts (yes/no)

b) Can buy in guild shop (yes/no)

c) can sell in guild shop (yes/no)

d) Can summon mounts (yes/no)

e) Can summon machines (yes/no)

f) Can kick people of rank and belowe (none/regular/quatermaster/officer/vice leader/leader)

g) Can put things into the guild storage (yes/no)

h) Can withdraw things from guild storage (yes/no)

i) Can utilize guild craft (yes/no)

Any of the above can be granted to any  rank you could even give regulars a possibility to kick the leader if you wished so that would be your responsibility.

Implementing such a simple solutions should not take long. For small projects a thing like this is made in 15-30 minutes. Since the guild rank system is quite primitive I do not see how it would be a problem.

Posted

Perhaps becasue they think making sick penalties for leader change makes it for "advanced guild system"

Posted

Black Desert Online is a competitive game. Sadly, this sometimes means other players will perform actions that have a negative effect on your own experience, including political and personal sabotage. We consider this to be part of the game, and we encourage you to look for an in-game solution to your problem.

I recomend setting up your own agents in competing guilds to sniff out those who are harboring a grudge against you and taking the fight to them!

NO!

LMFAO!

They did not write this to you lol.

Please please please screen shot it if they did because no mod would tell you to infiltrate other guilds and so forth.

On top of that you misspelled recommend lol so you also did not copy the text over, you typed it out.

If you are going to make a shit post at least do a good job.

Posted

So. @CM_Aethon or whoever. 

Recently I have been dealing with someone snatching items from guild storage (and prolly throwing it away since you cant do anything with it). It pissed me out (we manage to deal with it using storage alts). Why storage system is so flawed in 2016 MMORPG? 

1. Guild Storage has no activity logs

2. No control over who can or cannot access the storage

3. Storage can be now accessed from anywhere in the city, even during fishing. 

4. Storage can be accessed from any channel 

5. Storage can be accessed by anyone, even by people that are at their first day in the guild

So. I wrote a ticket to support asking for logs (i dont want the items back, i just want logs) and this was their reply: 

NO!

You cannot call something "a part of the game" where there is no way of fighting this. I have played EvE Online for 7 years, I personally was responsible for espionage attack that led to downfall of one of the biggest alliances in that time, but first i had to spend 11 months on my alternate account to even gain access to the good stuff, and the espionage strike was one-time-deal since a)its all on one megaserver (no channel divisions) b)logs - sniffing a thief is fast.

You might say "keep the stuff on your alts" - why the hell do i need guild storage for then? I have 2 of my most trusted officers (7 alts atm) alt inventories packed to their maximum weight capacity because of this. Thats no solution, thats like saying "well if they keep stealing cell-phones in your neighbourhood, keep yours at home".

You might say "well you better watch who you invite into your guild", this is internet people, a guy might seem a best game-buddy ever, talkative on TeamSpeak, helpful, but there is darkness in everyone and the same guy might be throwing out stuff from the guild storage because 'lulz'. How do you think I managed to ruin 3 corporations in EvE? (But again, EvE was different, EvE had advanced corporation (guild) management tools, espionage actually WAS part of the game). 

In BDO this is not a part of a warfare, this is just a tool for trolls since the best they can do with that stuff is throw it out. The only way to fight this is forcing people to install TeamViewer and monitor all 100 people 24/7. Your guild storage system is flawed and saying its a part of the game is just a proof of your incompetence and lazyness. Until you provide tools to better manage guild storage (or manage it at all since at the moment we have NO tools at all, and let me remind you ships are coming) you cannot use that excuse. 

Guilds-need-management-tools in 2016. 

well me friend Karma chase you and bite you.You done this to somone in eve somone done this to you.All I can advice you is just simple know better you guild mates and stop acepting randoms.. 

Posted

well me friend Karma chase you and bite you.You done this to somone in eve somone done this to you.All I can advice you is just simple know better you guild mates and stop acepting randoms.. 

Again, a really unproductive post of yours.. 

Posted

Again, a really unproductive post of yours.. 

again I don,t care about you and your opinion if you don,t like it just use your own private forum where you can troll all day long

Posted (edited)

LMFAO!

They did not write this to you lol.

Please please please screen shot it if they did because no mod would tell you to infiltrate other guilds and so forth.

On top of that you misspelled recommend lol so you also did not copy the text over, you typed it out.

If you are going to make a shit post at least do a good job.

Sorry mate:

GJTeASv.jpg

Jesus bloody Christ. Ill just *facepalm* this one. Perhaps I should not mention eve as an example since im getting replies from people that have no f*cking idea what they are talking about. 

Edited by Sveyn

Posted

again I don,t care about you and your opinion if you don,t like it just use your own private forum where you can troll all day long

I'm severely confused, why should I not like my own opinion? And why should I have a private Forum? Just stop posting so much unrelated comments. None needs to hear that they are stupid in your opinion. Come back if you can contribute to the given topics without screaming out your opinion on every second topic, because it's just your opinion and nothing that matters at all..