• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

[Updated][Maintenance] Maintenance November 30th

926 posts in this topic

Posted

What are the technical reasons for the delay ?   Was the database migration script untested ?

New last minute bugs ?

How much data is migrated ?   200 terabytes ? or just a few GB of tables / data objects ?

You have to understand - it is only Kashkao;-)

Posted

NEW WORLD ORDER!

Posted

Thank you for letting us know it is extended.  Honestly would rather have the maintenance extended and everything working correctly than it come up and have to go right back down due to fixes that need to be done afterwards.

It will be extended and not working when up.

1 person likes this

Posted

Come on guys don't be so negativ --" at least if the job is properly done, it will be alright after

Posted

Try to be an aussie then

Maint started when you wake up

and ends (if on time) nearly midnight :')

if you wake up at 6 pm, then yeah. this one's different, started earlier, and could go over midnight...

just as long as it all works, i don't care. i can sit here and laugh at the salty ones one posting rubbish...

on a very very serious note for our devs.... please put up the patch notes.... lol

Posted

Kappa

Posted

Take your time Kakao, just assure all is running smoothly when up :3.

Posted

Why am I not surprised about it being extended? 

Posted

(´°̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥ω°̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥`) I wish they finish it in about an hour or early than expected.. so i can still play abit.

Posted (edited)

not suprised

Edited by jenniann

Posted

You have to understand - it is only Kashkao;-)

that's not very nice.   they have supplied the community with a very unique game comprising of many best elements which can be found in pieces in various other games.  a lot of effort has definitely been put into the game (mechanics, npc leveling, minimizing gear gaps) as well as the cash shop (no real pay 2 win items).

I am sure their technical problem has a logical reason beyond simple incompetence -- as can be found in many other mmo's.  I am also certain that data migration and patch roll-in can be done in a much shorter time-span assuming the migration script was written and tested prior - and same with the game server / client update.  Unless there is a ridiculous amount of data to migrate , or the structure is weird,  or ...  the server / client patch were not tested prior to migration and they do a backup first -- delay of launch can certainly be minimized to something significantly shorter than 13+ hours.

1 person likes this

Posted

Take your time Kakao, just assure all is running smoothly when up :3.

That's a joke right? lol Nothing is ever done correctly the first go, especially with game devs... content always gets fluffed some way or another... I'm hopeful that it turns out good, and that stupid dsync gets fixed, but again one can only hope... :P

Posted

LOL worst ever company. Another 3 hour wait. Well i am done tired of this company not having a clue on what they are doing.

byeeeee

Posted

Welp. Rip my market place snipe efforts... I hope they finally release Gotha Rensa in this update.

Posted

This merger......FFS, you screwed me over a Daily Scroll !!

I DEMAND FI-HUNNIT LOYALTIES FOR REIMBURSEMENT!!!

Posted

Posted

That's a joke right? lol Nothing is ever done correctly the first go, especially with game devs... content always gets fluffed some way or another... I'm hopeful that it turns out good, and that stupid dsync gets fixed, but again one can only hope... :P

This is the sad part.... it'll likely be delayed more than 3 hours just to still be insanely buggy.

1 person likes this

Posted

Thanks for the heads up, now at least I can find something else to do for a couple of hours and I'd much rather have a stable game experience when we finally do log in than constant problems/bugs and hotfixes.

Posted

LOL worst ever company. Another 3 hour wait. Well i am done tired of this company not having a clue on what they are doing.

you say that but you will still play the game... >.> You create a game, develop it, mass produce for all to play, and lets see yours be stable... No game in any MMO has ever "ever" been perfect... All games have some sort of flaw, some larger than others.

Posted

People wanted a black stone event, and now we have it. :D

Posted

I hate to be negative, but this is 100% true. Most businesses' deployment teams would off the plane and in the office a few days early to prep.

Doing this would be unthinkable where I work. I'm sure we have a MUCH smaller profit margin AND we're incredibly tight with money too.

You could say that's because this is a game and not 'serious business', but the real reason is just cost benefit for Kakao. They can get away with spending less and making more because we're in a crappy market for consumers of MMOs.

I think you're forgetting that Kakao really doesn't have the say in it, it's up to Pearl Abyss, which is KR. If they say they're taking it down, Kakao has to listen. 

Part of the reason why there is so much -----ing is because Daum listened to all the forum QQ'ers instead of giving us a copy paste of KR's game, they had to tailor it to the entitled little shits that complained on tickets and in the forums because something wasn't the way that they liked, but I guess that is the common for NA games now...

I DEMAND THAT YOU RELEASE A BUGGY PATCH SO THAT I CAN WASTE MY LIFE ON A GAME....

Literally dude, learn to chill. See my prior response about why it's taking so long.

Posted (edited)

Story of my life and I'm not an aussie...

you have my condolences :)

if you wake up at 6 pm, then yeah. this one's different, started earlier, and could go over midnight...

just as long as it all works, i don't care. i can sit here and laugh at the salty ones one posting rubbish...

on a very very serious note for our devs.... please put up the patch notes.... lol

6pm, mate are you even an aussie ?

maint started at 6am but ya usually go down at 6pm, i never complain about it tho >:o

was just making a point, this merge maint was complete bullshit to oceanica people 

Edited by Sex

Posted

I think you're forgetting that Kakao really doesn't have the say in it, it's up to Pearl Abyss, which is KR. If they say they're taking it down, Kakao has to listen. 
Part of the reason why there is so much -----ing is because Daum listened to all the forum QQ'ers instead of giving us a copy paste of KR's game, they had to tailor it to the entitled little shits that complained on tickets and in the forums because something wasn't the way that they liked, but I guess that is the common for NA games now...

I'd be happy with a straight port of the asian version -- just translated of course :)   It would be a refreshing change !

Posted

Amen and hallelujah! 

Posted

Some of these replies are depressing..

Take your time. These small-minded whiners will play and give you business after they cool off, anyway.

2 people like this