• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

[Updated][Maintenance] Maintenance November 30th

926 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Just no to a straight Korean port of the game. Their enhance system is the absolute worst in Korea. And a lot of other things, but that's what I dislike the most.

Edited by SneakyLizard

Posted

Expected Server Up is 11:00 UTC.

Thanks War, I will pass on the kind words.

U BETTER tell your BOSS to stop scam people on pets ... spending 500$ on tier4 pets seems HUGE SCAMMMMM , and also tell him to stop scam us on downgrading pets from tier3 to tier2 which is ridiculous we paying reall money for it >.> and rng shouldn't exist in dis kind of stuff is just ridiculous SCAMMMM by KAKOooo

Posted

you say that but you will still play the game... >.> You create a game, develop it, mass produce for all to play, and lets see yours be stable... No game in any MMO has ever "ever" been perfect... All games have some sort of flaw, some larger than others.

I've seen plenty of MMOs that might not be PERFECT, but are at done on-time and stable.

I've considered making my own MMO, but the initial cost is pretty high unless you have some form of funding.

2 people like this

Posted

I've seen plenty of MMOs that might not be PERFECT, but are at done on-time and stable.

I've considered making my own MMO, but the initial cost is pretty high unless you have some form of funding.

I have yet to seen an PERFECT MMO tho :o

Posted

i am a bit annoyed with the CM's for not announcing the delay sooner, if they know they wont make the cut and have to extend by 3 hours, surely word coulda been given 1-2 hours ago saying we're going to need to extend this, how long is yet to be determined. That way we can alter our day accordingly.

1 person likes this

Posted

I have seen MMOs that were perfect when they initially came out, but usually those quickly go downhill once people start playing the game and money starts to get in the way of the game.

In the older days though, people did make amazing MMOs that weren't concerned about money, but rarely lasted long due to server costs.

Essentially, it becomes a balance between making money and turning the game into a money sink.

Posted

Was half expecting some delays. Plenty of other things to do in the meantime. Keep up the great work guys. Thanks for your hard work ^^

Posted

Damnit I was counting down the last minute to the update, so underwhelmed. Now I have to be hype for another 3 hours

Posted

I have seen MMOs that were perfect when they initially came out, but usually those quickly go downhill once people start playing the game and money starts to get in the way of the game.

In the older days though, people did make amazing MMOs that weren't concerned about money, but rarely lasted long due to server costs.

Essentially, it becomes a balance between making money and turning the game into a money sink.

I see, short lived:(

most MMOs i see now are published by massive money-hungry companies who only care about the profit :(

Posted

Yea and those "MMO's" you've played did they come out perfect after the updates? I very highly doubt they have... >.> Come on making your own MMO lol, i was being facetious... Even if your game was the embodiment of what you and every gamer wants there WILL always be someone who complains about it... 

Posted

that's not very nice.   they have supplied the community with a very unique game comprising of many best elements which can be found in pieces in various other games.  a lot of effort has definitely been put into the game (mechanics, npc leveling, minimizing gear gaps) as well as the cash shop (no real pay 2 win items).

I am sure their technical problem has a logical reason beyond simple incompetence -- as can be found in many other mmo's.  I am also certain that data migration and patch roll-in can be done in a much shorter time-span assuming the migration script was written and tested prior - and same with the game server / client update.  Unless there is a ridiculous amount of data to migrate , or the structure is weird,  or ...  the server / client patch were not tested prior to migration and they do a backup first -- delay of launch can certainly be minimized to something significantly shorter than 13+ hours.

kashKao never been professional - I play KUNO I know -sry but opinion about this company is very poor

PS: This is my opinion;-(

Posted

Revival, the devs reassured us that we didn't need to fund the project, they had the money prior to even beginning the designing of the game. Then the project was abandoned cause the financial resources had to be shifted to SC. The player base begged them to fund the game via a kickstarter, simply because it was gonna be a real next generation MMO and they still declined to even give us the hope of the project's future continuation. 
So, if you do have a unique idea, if it's good and if you are willing to see it through unlike them, trust me, there is a vast playerbase that will support the funding. People are throwing 500 dollars on PETS in BDO as you can read right in this thread. You will be amazed. 

Posted

kashKao never been professional - I play KUNO I know -sry but opinion about this company is very poor

Pearl Abyss is the controlling factor in the content being given to KashKao as you put it... The prices, the game mechanics, pretty much everything KashKao does to the game has either came through Pearl Abyss or had to get permission to make changes... I play kuno as well, i feel your pain.. 

1 person likes this

Posted

Woah guys, some of you get so angry about the downtime. Calm down, theres plenty other things to do outside the game.
It was to be expected, go take a nap, go for a walk, meet a friend, watch a movie or series, find some new music to accompany you during BDO adventures!

Posted

Dear Players,

Tomorrow, we will be implementing the New World update which means maintenance is quite different from our usual weekly maintenance.

Check below for the local downtimes for your area, and make sure you prepare accordingly for the New World, check out this forum thread for more information; [link]

Date: Wednesday, 30.11.2016

Duration: 13hServer Down:Updated Server Up:
Global19:00 UTC
Wed, Nov 30
11:00 UTC
Thu, Dec 1
West Coast (NA)11:00 PST
Wed, Nov 30
03:00 PST
Thu, Dec 1
East Coast (NA)14:00 EST
Wed, Nov 30
06:00 EST
Thu, Dec 1
Central (EU)20:00 CET
Wed, Nov 30
12:00 CET
Thu, Dec 1

Reason:

• Implementation of the New World.
  • The adventurer's Support Event Loyal/New/Returning is available again.
  • New World Celebration Discount Event has begun.

Note:

• Patch Notes including improvements and new features can be found on our forum after the maintenance.

Follow us on Twitter/Facebook to stay up2date.
Thank you for your support and understanding.

Best regards,
BDO Team

Update

• Maintenance has been extended for 3 more hours, expected Server Up is 11:00 UTC.

INCOMPETENT

Posted

INCOMPETENT

Cry a little harder? :'(

Posted

lololololoololllolollolololololloolollololololoololllolollolololololloolollololololoololllolollolololololloolollololololoololllolollolololololloolollololololoololllolollolololololloolollololololoololllolollolololololloolollololololoololllolollolololololloolollololololoololllolollolololololloolollololololoololllolollolololololloolollololololoololllolollolololololloolollololololoololllolollolololololloolollololololoololllolollolololololloolollololololoololllolollolololololloolollololololoololllolollolololololloolollololololoololllolollolololololloolollololololoololllolollolololololloolollololololoololllolollolololololloolollololololoololllolollolololololloolollololololoololllolollolololololloolollololololoololllolollolololololloolollololololoololllolollolololololloolollololololoololllolollolololololloolollololololoololllolollolololololloolollololololoololllolollolololololloolollololololoololllolollolololololloolollololololoololllolollolololololloolollololololoololllolollolololololloolollololololoololllolollolololololloolollololololoololllolollolololololloolollololololoololllolollolololololloolollololololoololllolollolololololloolollololololoololllolollolololololloolollololololoololllolollolololololloolollololololoololllolollolololololloolollololololoololllolollolololololloolollololololoololllolollolololololloolollololololoololllolollolololololloolollololololoololllolollolololololloolollololololoololllolollolololololloolollololololoololllolollolololololloolollololololoololllolollolololololloolollololololoololllolollolololololloolollololololoololllolollolololololloolollololololoololllolollolololololloolollololololoololllolollolololololloolollololololoololllolollolololololloolollololololoololllolollolololololloolollololololoololllolollolololololloolollololololoololllolollolololololloolollololololoololllolollolololololloolollololololoololllolollolololololloolollololololoololllolollolololololloolollololololoololllolollolololololloolollololololoololllolollolololololloolollololololoololllolollolololololloolollololololoololllolollolololololloolollololololoololllolollolololololloolollololololoololllolollolololololloolollololololoololllolollolololololloolollololololoololllolollolololololloolollololololoololllolollolololololloolollololololoololllolollolololololloolollololololoololllolollolololololloolollololololoololllolollolololololloolollololololoololllolollolololololloolollololololoololllolollolololololloolollololololoololllolollolololololloolollololololoololllolollolololololloolollololololoololllolollolololololloolollololololoololllolollolololololloolollololololoololllolollolololololloolollololololoololllolollolololololloolollololololoololllolollolololololloolollololololoololllolollolololololloolollololololoololllolollolololololloolollololololoololllolollolololololloolollololololoololllolollolololololloolollololololoololllolollolololololloolollololololoololllolollolololololloolollololololoololllolollolololololloolollololololoololllolollolololololloolollololololoololllolollolololololloolollololololoololllolollolololololloolollololololoololllolollolololololloolollololololoololllolollolololololloolollololololoololllolollolololololloolollololololoololllolollolololololloolollololololoololllolollolololololloolollololololoololllolollolololololloolollololololoololllolollolololololloolollololololoololllolollolololololloolollololololoololllolollolololololloolollololololoololllolollolololololloolol

right now m

Posted

I wonder if they say next time 48hr maint, and it comes up 42hrs early, would that make everyone happy ?

or would they remain incompetent for opening servers earlier than predicted ?

Posted

I wonder if they say next time 48hr maint, and it comes up 42hrs early, would that make everyone happy ?

Both. the other side of the fence would be crying that it was done early assuming that would mean super buggy, (cause no one tests their patches these days apparently)

6369688.png

Posted

I would say the closest i have seen to perfect in a PvE sense was Rift when it first released. Everything about it was amazing from graphics to customisation to gameplay. Even the Hammerknell raid was awesome.

Then.... Trion :(

PvP wise i dont think any MMO can or ever will manage anything near perfect. Too difficult to balance open world against arena against GvG mechanics. 

INCOMPETENT

Clueless....

No idea about what they are doing, No idea about the processes involved in transferring hundreds of thousands of characters, millions of items etc.

Posted

Fair enough.  In fairness, it was a creative passive and accurate representation play on their name based on how you feel  :)

I am fairly new to the game so I don't have that feeling just yet.  I just feel that they have mitigating factors which could be addressed with proper streamlining. A 13+ hour migration, seems a bit excessive - possible accounting for downloading the patch source on a really slow connection, then modifying it to match NA cash shop prices / hedge fund trolls wishes - then compiling - then data migration.  In other words, no real preparation allotted due to bad channeling / forking / branching.  With proper planning , and prior testing , it really shouldn't take this long.  We do want it done correctly as end result, of course, but I would prefer a  "patch has been delayed" to "downtime has been increased"

Posted

lol, yea "so we expect a 48hr maint. this week, but if we feel that it will be finished sooner we will let you know..." (two hours into maint.) "Good news everyone we decided we love you all so much we're giving you a half baked update, have fun roaming around with buggy mechanics... Also don't worry i'm sure all your hard work and dedication to your characters will be thoroughly erased..." Thank you for playing!!!.

Posted (edited)

Both. the other side of the fence would be crying that it was done early assuming that would mean super buggy, (cause no one tests their patches these days apparently)

6369688.png

nothing will please these people >:(

I would say the closest i have seen to perfect in a PvE sense was Rift when it first released. Everything about it was amazing from graphics to customisation to gameplay. Even the Hammerknell raid was awesome.

PvP wise i dont think any MMO can or ever will manage anything near perfect. Too difficult to balance open world against arena against GvG mechanics. 

Well, i did hear really good things about Rift but thinking about trion makes me think about AA and that shit wasn't even a game, more like a fckfest.

Edited by Sex

Posted

SEASTONES - CUDDLESQUIDS - FIRST 1 MIL FAVORS!