• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

[Updated][Maintenance] Maintenance November 30th

926 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

That's the crux of the problem. In order to fix all the bugs, you need testers. They don't have test servers so essentially, w are the testers. They won't know all the bugs until we get on the field and start tinkering with stuff and then see what's broken and what isn't, etc.

It's impossible for any program to come out perfect without some sort of extensive testing. Seriously, it's a shame that they do not have test servers.

The sad part is even with all the coming extensions for this update, there will still be bugs to squash once it's all said and done.

Fortunately, there are companies that still have beta testers/bug testings. I am often trying to do that kind of work because I find it fun to look for bugs. Unfortunately, it is getting less common and a lot of major companies have stopped hiring testers.

What counts as "active"??

AFK Fishing is pretty active if you ask me.

Edited by SinNoAria

Posted

snip

but what if since it's such a big change, something unexpected happened that they didn't account for? 

Posted

Everyone that plays that isn't an annoying afk fisher. I swear that is half the problem with the lag in this game. I wish afk fishing would die. >:(

Posted

plays 20hours+ a week, i guess

Posted

My guess was 20 hours of downtime so another delay will do it.  Funny thing, NO one expected you to bring the game back up on time.  Everyone has gotten use to you overpromising and under delivering so why would it be any different this time?   

I don't think it really has anything to do with Kakao over promising. I think people who play a lot of MMOs are used to the majority of MMOs that always extend their maintenances. At least for me it feels that way. I always expect long maintenaces or extended times, its a given with these games. xD

Posted (edited)

My guess was 20 hours of downtime so another delay will do it.  Funny thing, NO one expected you to bring the game back up on time.  Everyone has gotten use to you overpromising and under delivering so why would it be any different this time?   

In fairness, the pressure to release the game under shorter time frames, people will complain either way.

There definitely is a better way to manage downtime blues from the deployment perspective, however it would take better co-ordination.  I won't profess to understand the intricacies in the delay from Pearl to Kakao, or subsequent migration.   The fact the patch is stuck downloading at around 1/2 seems to point in the direction that Kakao still has not received the full patch yet.  More specific information regarding where the delay is occurring would be nice - no matter how 'technical'.  If Kakao is truly sitting on their thumbs due to having to wait for distribution from a channel higher up -- then something stating such would be welcome and could help the community as a whole to shift the pressure where it needs to be.

Edited by Myrddin Wylt

Posted

1.04GB patch ready!

Posted

In fairness, the pressure to release the game under shorter time frames, people will ----- either way.
There definitely is a better way to manage downtime blues from the deployment perspective, however it would take better co-ordination.  I won't profess to understand the intricacies in the delay from Pearl to Kakao, or subsequent migration.   The fact the patch is stuck downloading at around 1/2 seems to point in the direction that Kakao still has not received the full patch yet.  More specific information regarding where the delay is occurring would be nice - no matter how 'technical'.  If Kakao is truly sitting on their thumbs due to having to wait for distribution from a channel higher up -- then something stating such would be welcome and could help the community as a whole to shift the pressure where it needs to be.

I just let my launcher sit and my patch eventually finished.

Posted (edited)

1.04GB patch ready!

yes, since it's ready ppl r already talking about patch stops at 512Mb with the error "corrupted file"
at least read the last 4-5 comments
:)
*nothing*

Edited by QRob

Posted

1.04GB patch ready!

Confirmed

YvOBt6S.png

Posted (edited)

Everyone that plays that isn't an annoying afk fisher. I swear that is half the problem with the lag in this game. I wish afk fishing would die. >:(

I wish AFK fishing whenever you sleep wasn't almost mandatory. Like seriously, give us an option to enter a ghost state where we sort of half disappear.

(Or at least give us the option to turn off AFK players!)

but what if since it's such a big change, something unexpected happened that they didn't account for? 

That is why you take in past data into account for the planning process. That is why my predictions are usually stupidly accurate even when big unexpected events occur-I actually account for the unexpected events and the likelihood of them occurring .

As I've said, I've had to deal with things that had even more factors to consider.

Edited by SinNoAria

Posted

1.04GB patch ready!

My client broke and its repairing...now what do i cancel a repair after 25minutes with 30ahead or not? Such amateurs im sry but this is happening too often^^

Still happy overall at least they arent stupid amateurs that let hackers exploit:D

Posted

On my way to the new world!

Posted (edited)

nvm delete post :)

Edited by DarkBever

Posted

plays 20hours+ a week, i guess

but what about the people that don't "play" at all and just afk do things, do they count as active?? 

Posted

WHat to do if your patcher stops at 48%?

Hope it eventually completes or wait for it to fail and retry.

Posted

WHat to do if your patcher stops at 48%?

my launcher closed and now as i restarted it, it's making a full file repair -___-

Posted (edited)

That is why you take in past data into account for the planning process. That is why my predictions are usually stupidly accurate even when big unexpected events occur-I actually account for the unexpected events and the likelihood of them occurring .

As I've said, I've had to deal with things that had even more factors to consider.

I mean, yeah, but you can't discredit that maybe something entirely unexpected happened that has never happened before.  That, or they're really bad at estimating. Maybe they have a different mixed team working on patches every week. I don't know. There are factors that are hard to predict sometimes.

To confirm, I dont think extending regular maint is cool and they should definitely fix their estimates, but in this case, I think its ok.

Edited by Teacow

Posted

same

Posted

Edited 2 hours ago by PM_Jouska 

Posted

Just let launcher run even if stopped, it will start eventually 

Posted (edited)

but what about the people that don't "play" at all and just afk do things, do they count as active?? 

AFK tasks are part of the game design, and a much welcome treat after (for example) getting the fishing cape in Runescape or doing Nat Pagles coins for a different color water strider!!  --- and be honest, how much walking back and forth with a 45 LT potato do you really want to do, while present, to gain 1 LT more weight allocation ?

Edited by Myrddin Wylt

Posted

AFK tasks are part of the game design

I mean no denying that, but I wouldn't call the players who solely do that "active". The game is playing itself, basically.

Posted

At least give us the Patch Notes already....

Posted (edited)

Well he is right with being unprofessional. And he isnt -----ing on the time it takes but that they set a time and cannot hold it every other week.

It feels like getting a delivery and at 7:30 in the morning they call u oh sorry no delivery today and ur sitting there after taking a free day to get your new furniture.

Because they try to give you estimated downtime and most times they've been on target with those apart from a few times lately that took longer. Think about the maths and longevity of this game. And you HAVE to believe that Kakao are doing everything to keep the game up as much as possible, every hour of downtime is lost revenue for them - they're not trying to make a longer maintenance to keep you from the game!

Up all year (except maintenance or unexpected crash - which are few) so that's ~8760 hours, out of which there's maintenance every so often... but if a maintenance extends 3 or 5 hours (all within terms of use and the warranties section even), it's still insignificant compared to the uptime over the year - and still people have to come on and ----- about something they know nothing about - that server merges/migrations is a lot of nitty gritty details and checking to make sure things are intact otherwise if they opened without checking stuff, things can get corrupt and go REALLY bad... which would mean a lot more than 3 hour downtime to repair....

Edited by Northerner