• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

[Updated][Maintenance] Maintenance November 30th

926 posts in this topic

Posted

I don't think it really has anything to do with Kakao over promising. I think people who play a lot of MMOs are used to the majority of MMOs that always extend their maintenances. At least for me it feels that way. I always expect long maintenaces or extended times, its a given with these games. xD

It has everything to do with them overpromising and under delivering.  Hey how about they tell us it will take 24 hours to complete the process and then they bring it up at 20 or 22 or 23 hours?  That is called under promising and over delivering which would be quite refreshing for a change.  On that note, I'm going back to bed since they will definitely push it back another 3 hours and I'd rather be asleep the next time they inconvenience the player base.

Posted (edited)

4965-MEME-8211-A-whole-new-world.jpg

Edited by Vyνer
1 person likes this

Posted

I mean no denying that, but I wouldn't call the players who solely do that "active". The game is playing itself, basically.

Sort of, you still need[ to ] (should) setup nodes, have requisite inventory, assign gear -- and eventually, use that coin on things you can use.  It is nice to be able to earn using my cpu and ram and power (expensive cycles) - while living my real world life :)

Posted

Because they try to give you estimated downtime and most times they've been on target with those apart from a few times lately that took longer. Think about the maths and longevity of this game.

Up all year (except maintenance or unexpected crash - which are few) so that's ~8760 hours, out of which there's maintenance every so often... but if a maintenance extends 3 or 5 hours (all within terms of use and the warranties section even), it's still insignificant compared to the uptime over the year - and still people have to come on and ----- about something they know nothing about - that server merges/migrations is a lot of nitty gritty details and checking to make sure things are intact otherwise if they opened without checking stuff, things can get corrupt and go REALLY bad... which would mean a lot more than 3 hour downtime to repair....

They are not right more often than not on patches.Maybe the regular reboot server maintenance they did time but on anyhing with changes it was 50/50at best, thats what amateurs get. If u ask me how long does it take to paint that room i can use my wisdom of painting 8rooms in my life and tell u 3h. Maybe i get right, maybe i dont. The professional who did 3000 rooms will tell u no it takes 4,5h and will be done after 4,4h.

Posted

I mean, yeah, but you can't discredit that maybe something entirely unexpected happened that has never happened before.  That, or they're really bad at estimating. Maybe they have a different mixed team working on patches every week. I don't know. There's factors that are hard to predict sometimes.

To confirm, I dont think extending regular maint is cool and they should definitely fix their estimates, but in this case, I think its ok.

Let me put it this way... The fact that most of us seem to have realized that 13 hours was too short for this says a lot...

My personal estimation with no knowledge of their system suggests that 26 hours is about the estimation that they should have given. Just as an idea of how long I expect the maint to take with almost no knowledge of how long maint normally takes for BDO. (This is my first maint. on BDO). I likely am estimating too much time, but that is how long I expect. I will probably be right with consideration of how long it will take for me to patch after the maint. finishes.

And I can't discredit the possibility of something that has never happened before, but to say entirely unexpected is a stretch. More likely it is what I already said. They are bad at estimating even though it is part of their role. Even with mixed teams, in NA at least, you are usually expected to schedule workers AHEAD of time. You could then use the workers list to figure out what I mentioned before (worker speed and worker workload). And even in the case of new workers, you generally count new workers as a negative value due to training (and anyone who is bringing in new workers on a maint day instead of after needs to get their head checked...)

Posted

It has everything to do with them overpromising and under delivering.  Hey how about they tell us it will take 24 hours to complete the process and then they bring it up at 20 or 22 or 23 hours?  That is called under promising and over delivering which would be quite refreshing for a change.  On that note, I'm going back to bed since they will definitely push it back another 3 hours and I'd rather be asleep the next time they inconvenience the player base.

They can't help it if some things don't go as planned. Remind you: these guys have been working over 12 hours now, give them some credit. I know you probably work/go to school for aprox. 8 hours a day so hush and be patient. If they were to say: it's up on Sunday everyone would rage: why does it take so long. And if it then got up on Saturday everyone would rage: why can't you guys determine a proper date and time, we missed a whole day of gaming 'cause we thought it'd be offline on Saturday.

I rather have them implement everything properly and take longer than planned than that Friday they will have to get the servers down again.

2 people like this

Posted

Because if they said 24 hours, people would complain about that, and still expect 'compensation' for that time away.  I understand comp for value packages or glitched items (lauren coins), but aside from that -- don't need compensation for a break :)

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

but what about the people that don't "play" at all and just afk do things, do they count as active?? 

well, it's "active"
"active" refers to play actively
so as long as afkers play for example 20hours a week actively (node wars, grind, etc.) they count as active players; those who afk for weeks, and play 1 day-ish actively don't count (at least I wouldn't count cuz it doesn't show the right picture cuz if they weren't in the game anymore, nothing would change)

Edited by QRob

Posted

OK, so this game doesn't have a landrush like AA or such... but how you would feel if an MMO was having a big maintenance and after coming back up, players had to be ready to run in and claim important resources/nodes/housing/etc. Let's say they said 24 hours to complete, but suddenly they were done after 18 and just launched... do you think that would sit well with the players?

If you get told a deadline, it's because it's the most optimistic deadline the developer is expecting to resume a service - not the worst case... THAT is horrible marketing and business because players have absolutely no idea when the servers come up... and still you'd not be safe, because what if last-minute integrity checks failed or some server wouldn't start and you had to push that 24 hour deadline that was your worst case scenario?

1 person likes this

Posted

I mean, yeah, but you can't discredit that maybe something entirely unexpected happened that has never happened before.  That, or they're really bad at estimating. Maybe they have a different mixed team working on patches every week. I don't know. There are factors that are hard to predict sometimes.

To confirm, I dont think extending regular maint is cool and they should definitely fix their estimates, but in this case, I think its ok.

I wonder why "unexpected" things rarely happens to cash shops. (Not only in this game, in almost every game out there.)

Posted (edited)

well, it's "active""active" refers to play actively
so as long as afkers play for example 20hours a week actively (node wars, grind, etc.) they count as active players; those who afk for weeks, and play 1 day-ish actively don't count (at least I wouldn't count cuz it doesn't show the right picture)

Problem is that they would still count as "Active" for database purposes.

I wonder why "unexpected" things rarely happens to cash shops. (Not only in this game, in almost every game out there.)

I assume that is a redundant question since the answer is obvious... It is the only thing that most companies make absolute sure to check and test.

Edited by SinNoAria

Posted (edited)

page

Edited by NesQuick

Posted

What is this ???? 

patch.png

Your e-mail adres.

3 people like this

Posted

well, it's "active""active" refers to play actively
so as long as afkers play for example 20hours a week actively (node wars, grind, etc.) they count as active players; those who afk for weeks, and play 1 day-ish actively don't count (at least I wouldn't count cuz it doesn't show the right picture)

And how would you classify AFK fishing, checking on the toons progress / bags / etc every 15-20 minutes, and when full, vendoring for two free slots, de-equipping fishing pole, repairing it, running to a far market, bargaining, selling all, running to warehouse, depositing money, going back to fishing spot, ... repeat step 1, until enough saved up for that special item you really wanted. -- if that doesn't count as grinding....

Posted

LUL

514.jpg

Posted

What is this ???? 

You should remove that screenshot, it reveals your account email

Posted (edited)

What is this ???? 

-Image Removed-

-Image content: User info and download progress.

-Reason for removal: User info shown.

Would be nice if people would stop doing screenshots showing their login information....  At least blur it out people... That is already half of what I need to get into your account.

Edited by SinNoAria

Posted

Give me my money back for the VP I have running?

The what now?

Posted (edited)

What is this ???? 

-snip-

Looks like your game is re-downloading? RIP.

Edited by Ryuna

Posted

Your e-mail adres.

Exactly what I was going to say but you beat me to it -- damn lag ...  j/k   :)

1 person likes this

Posted

After patch fail the Launcher kinda bugged it self... well all we can do is wait another 2-24h so these...people... can fix it 

Posted (edited)

They are not right more often than not on patches.Maybe the regular reboot server maintenance they did time but on anyhing with changes it was 50/50at best, thats what amateurs get. If u ask me how long does it take to paint that room i can use my wisdom of painting 8rooms in my life and tell u 3h. Maybe i get right, maybe i dont. The professional who did 3000 rooms will tell u no it takes 4,5h and will be done after 4,4h.

50/50 my ass... and checking recent history (facts) usually helps compared to starting a false rumour... players on here are talking out of recent memories with a few extended ones, but checking 4 months back you can see below the real situation. Those are everything from weeklies to those including awakenings, etc.

Maintenances
Nov 30 - extended
Nov 23 - on target
Nov 16 - on target
Nov 9 - on target
Nov 2 - on target
Oct 26 - extended
Oct 19 - on target
Oct 12 - extended
Oct 5 - on target
Sep 28 - on target
Sep 21 - on target
Sep 14 - on target
Sep 7 - on target
Aug 31 - on target
Aug 24 - earlier
*Aug 11 - emergency 1h, but on target
Aug 10 - on target

On target: 14*
Extended: 3

Edited by Northerner
1 person likes this

Posted

Nerf rangers. ;) 

Posted

Looks like your game is re-downloading? RIP.

With another hour+ on the clock, and only 19 min left to download -- might as well let it download just to kill some time -- and have time to spare !!

Posted

for this whinger here... on quite a few occasions the maintenance was up earlier than the declared time... instead of being a whinger, let them do their job and appreciate we have a game we can leave on 24 hours...