• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

[Updated][Maintenance] Maintenance November 30th

926 posts in this topic

Posted

If 

my friend, you're obviously not a developer, sometimes you might estimate something, not thinking about some serious complications that you only realize after you "guestimated it"... they can give a very rough estimate, but thats about it, Im not bothered, as long as everything gets done properly :)

Just tired of all the salty idiot comments

I am a developer, just not for BDO.

As I've said before, part of what I do is to estimate things while planning out for serious complications.  Aside from when I'm dealing with a new subject, I am rarely far off with my predicted timelines. Granted, the time needed to learn a new subject varies both for the subject and by the person's affinity for the subject, but if they've been working at the company for a while, I'd expect them to be fairly accurate.

1 person likes this

Posted

I burned myself for going outside today in the first time in months, please compensation for the sick burns

I heard ppl on the outside are aliens!

1 person likes this

Posted

I like how Admins or GM's never answer to people in this game on forum..I am 100% sure they are watching and just leaving us to solve the problems alone.

This is actually the first MMORPG that im playing that has so bad support.And i played Lineage2,WoW,AA,Runes of Magic and many more...Very sad that such a nice game has so bad support for players

Posted

50/50 my ass... and checking recent history (facts) usually helps compared to starting a false rumour... players on here are talking out of recent memories with a few extended ones, but checking 4 months back you can see below the real situation. Those are everything from weeklies to those including awakenings, etc.

Maintenances

On target: 14*
Extended: 3

And the fact that this is a delicate operation, merging three databases onto a new server

Posted

just trying to distract you guys from the harsh reality that is 10 more minutes of waiting for the game, I know... you do not need to say it. I am a nice person. :D

it's more than 10 minutes in my waiting game. I am waiting for someone to tell me why I can't buy any more gift packages.

Posted

I just wanna get in and make sure my pets, horses and tons of horded crap are all ok. LOL

Posted

NERF WARRIORS!!!

Buff valks!!! :)

Posted (edited)

Don't jinx it

He just jinxed it. GG. Gonna be another 180 minutes.

Edited by Redarion

Posted

i dont agree that it is the human condition, that would imply everyone has to be like that. but youre right that some ppl (alot actually) are not happy when they cant be unhappy

Blame the asshole that created the "Customer is always right" bull shit. Kids have been raised on it and have no real sense of patience and feel entitled to perfection on all things they spend money on. On the flip side, Developers/Distributors have a bad habit of treating gamers as less than customers at times and it enflames the situation usually due to poor communication. I personally think Kakao has done a pretty good job since I have been playing BDO, but sometimes the communication could be quicker.

2 people like this

Posted

I am a developer, just not for BDO.

As I've said before, part of what I do is to estimate things while planning out for serious complications.  Aside from when I'm dealing with a new subject, I am rarely far off with my predicted timelines. Granted, the time needed to learn a new subject varies both for the subject and by the person's affinity for the subject, but if they've been working at the company for a while, I'd expect them to be fairly accurate.

what game? =)

Posted

3 mins to 3 am here for me still up. Waiting patiently. Playing FF15 after waiting for 10 years.

Posted

I like how Admins or GM's never answer to people in this game on forum..I am 100% sure they are watching and just leaving us to solve the problems alone.

This is actually the first MMORPG that im playing that has so bad support.And i played Lineage2,WoW,AA,Runes of Magic and many more...Very sad that such a nice game has so bad support for players

Sometimes it's best to not make any "promises" to the playerbase. Because when things aren't true, the backlash is worse compared to people making complaints.

Posted

I still can not download this patch. It stops at 48% :(

Posted

Welp, corrupt files 3x now, time for a nap lol

Patch download stops at 800 MB, my computer performs hard drive operations like crazy, and after ~15 min i get the "corrupt file, relaunch to check files" message. 2nd time now, will try for 3rd.

Posted

I still can not download this patch. It stops at 48% :(

wait a little bit, and it continue

Posted

So, this is where you all are hiding, while the servers are down.......

Posted

I beg to differ. I think they are actually very fast when they are dealing with things they can deal with fast. But on matters such as my game is verifying files, they are going to take slower to respond to because its not as pressing as other issues. Also you have to understand that right now there are probably a crap ton of tickets being tossed at them just for this maintenance so get a grip, they aren't robots :P

Posted

File checking with 3.50mb/s and its getting slower and slower, cmon kakao, this has to be a joke

2 people like this

Posted

but sometimes the communication could be quicker.

There are issues that have been lingering for months and I have yet to see any communication about at all. Kakao has been one of the worse companies I've encountered so far in terms of communications, lol. But oh well, we'll work with what we get, I guess.

Don't really care about the server downtime personally. It'll go back up when it goes back up.

Posted (edited)

Server should be up soon, otherwise, shall Chuck Norris save this forum

Edited by AeriasZ

Posted

let the chaos begin!

Posted

12:00 server not up yet

gimme mah blackstone armor

Posted

cant login its 3am PST D:!

Posted

IT'S UP EVERYONE!