• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

[Updated][Maintenance] Maintenance November 30th

926 posts in this topic

Posted

I mean I agree in most cases we shouldn't ask for handouts and I think people whine excessively about it, but if it's this time, since maint was pushed back and then they STILL messed up, it's justified imo.

And I don't think it's "nerd raging". When someone is passionate about something, no matter what, of course they're gonna get mad. You write off their anger far too easily and I feel it is disrespectful. 

It's Kakao we're talking about, whenever has a major patch gone smoothly? Hell I've played almost every single MMORPG there is throughout the years, same thing pretty much happens on those games as well. This is a game and if people wanna treat is as if it is there life well guess what? Life is full of hiccups and BS and people expect a game to be any different?

I paid the same price everybody else did for this game, I play on a daily basis yet you don't see me boohooing and expecting handouts because a video game isn't working the way I want it to or because maintenance was extended. Obviously things weren't working right in game for them to open the servers on time so I'm sure they fixed what they could and left the little things out to be fixed at a later date like Kakao does most of the time but either way, people would have whined. This game creator I'm sure is always telling themselves "We're damned if we do and we're damned if we dont. People are gonna cry over something and blow it all out of proportion"

Posted

From 514.12 data is received from korea I guess .  so many people in the game O_o 
There are 
 I believe

Posted (edited)

A friend just pointed me towards this fix, go to your (x86) folders, black desert online and delete the filediagnose file. it'll count over all your black desert files when you start the game up again and it doesn't nitpick about the mb/s you have to download. it works for us. Filecheck causes a disturbance, because the patch is not meant to be 1.4gb but something along the 1.04. that's why it gives an error.

Edited by Wanderlore

Posted (edited)

From GM_Dew:     (for those who haven't seen it yet)

Please wait a few minutes and it should get past the point where you are stuck. The patch will continue downloading after a while.

If you are getting a corrupted file error, please try the following to resolve the issue:

• Disable your antivirus while updating BDO
  • Add your whole BDO directory to the Exclude list of your antivirus software.
  • Depending on the configuration of your computer permissions, it may be necessary to run the Black Desert as an administrator. In order to do so, right click on the launcher icon and click “Run as Administrator”.
  • Disable Firewall (easier) OR make sure to put Black Desert Online in both Firewall Inbound and Outbound rules.
  • Attempt a file repair

Attempting a file repair is easy:
1. Go to the Black Desert Online installation folder. (Usually C:/Program Files(x86)/Black Desert Online).
2. Rename the following file: version.dat to config.filecheck.
3. Restart the launcher and it will repair your game files.

Please note that, it may look like it is (re)download a massive amount of data but it will actually only download damaged files after checking the whole install.

If the problem persists, continue below:
1. Go to Log folder in your installation directory, and choose the latest created "Client" log file.
2. The corrupted .PAZ file should be mentioned in the second from last line, delete it from the Paz folder
3. Repeat if necessary.

You may Enable your Anti-Virus and Firewall again once you've finished repairing.

Additionally, we have an alternate download method available:
https://blackdesert.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/210746789-Downloading-Black-Desert-Online

Best regards,
GM Dew

Edited by Tulpa
1 person likes this

Posted

From GM_Dew:

Please wait a few minutes and it should get past the point where you are stuck. The patch will continue downloading after a while. If you are getting a corrupted file error, please try the following to resolve the issue: Disable your antivirus while updating BDO Add your whole BDO directory to the Exclude list of your antivirus software. Depending on the configuration of your computer permissions, it may be necessary to run the Black Desert as an administrator. In order to do so, right click on the launcher icon and click “Run as Administrator”. Disable Firewall (easier) OR make sure to put Black Desert Online in both Firewall Inbound and Outbound rules. Attempt a file repair Attempting a file repair is easy: 1. Go to the Black Desert Online installation folder. (Usually C:/Program Files(x86)/Black Desert Online). 2. Rename the following file: version.dat to config.filecheck. 3. Restart the launcher and it will repair your game files. Please note that, it may look like it is (re)download a massive amount of data but it will actually only download damaged files after checking the whole install. If the problem persists, continue below: 1. Go to Log folder in your installation directory, and choose the latest created "Client" log file. 2. The corrupted .PAZ file should be mentioned in the second from last line, delete it from the Paz folder 3. Repeat if necessary. You may Enable your Anti-Virus and Firewall again once you've finished repairing. Additionally, we have an alternate download method available: https://blackdesert.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/210746789-Downloading-Black-Desert-Online

Can't even find the Paz folder..

1 person likes this

Posted

Yeah sry it is probably even less .......

You must be kidding, in my guild theres 30 people and only 1 didnt got the corrupt file issue.

4 times in a row getting the corrupt file on 68%, and no i havent closed the launcher in the middle of the patching proces, left it every time to do its work.

You are implying that is the players that do this shit to themselfs but the truth is that the devs fcked up....again

Posted

It's Kakao we're talking about, whenever has a major patch gone smoothly? Hell I've played almost every single MMORPG there is throughout the years, same thing pretty much happens on those games as well. This is a game and if people wanna treat is as if it is there life well guess what? Life is full of hiccups and BS and people expect a game to be any different?

I play on a daily basis yet you don't see me boohooing and expecting handouts because a video game isn't working the way I want it to or because maintenance was extended.

This game creator I'm sure is always telling themselves "We're damned if we do and we're damned if we don't"

I believe it's exactly BECAUSE it's Kakao that people react so strongly. They're frustrated that every patch ends up being like this.  I don't agree with the backlash and cringe whining most of the time, but when they push their maint and then release it in a buggy way anyways, I think it's fair enough for people to complain. Was the extended maint not supposed to make sure everything was done proper?

Again, yes. Most of the time people are annoying and whiny, and I feel bad for Kakao. Even earlier, I was basically telling someone to shut up and stop whining because they're trying to make sure the game is being patched smoothly and without bugs. So, when they still release it with a huge issue, there's not much for me to defend, if I'm being real.

Posted (edited)

ALREADY THE 5th TIME WTF IS WRONG WITH YOU DAUM KACKao GAMES

Unbenannt.png

Edited by Nyrrow

Posted

Rly I want reward that I take a day off work and i lose it...... !!!!!!!!

Posted

ooooh, Cyan? You have that too? I was having ma files checked and after like 5 hours and round about 50% done, i decided to close the launcher and restarted it...  now its checking AGAIN =D.... ive got the slight feeling that something is majorly wrong here...

But hey, the bathroom is clean, kitchen is clean, laundry is almost finished, the garden is cleaned of all the leaf, and im sitting here with a healthy meal having fun reading some nerd-rage *.*

Anybody some salty popcorn?

*edited* waaaait a minute O.o its now checking em files with 22mb/s? Not anylonger with 1mb/s. PROGRESS! Were gettin there bwois, were gettin there :)

Yea , until 21% my files were checked with 25-30 mb/s but now 1mb/s only. Maybe it will go up again aftet some time , who knows ? 

Posted

the sad thing is not a single official new topic from till now, just some post here and there saying fix it yourself :D

Posted

This is still not as bad as ArcheAge's merge day, but it seems like it's trying to get there.

Posted

Yea , until 21% my files were checked with 25-30 mb/s but now 1mb/s only. Maybe it will go up again aftet some time , who knows ? 

it will not :( been there 2 times now

Posted

You must be kidding, in my guild theres 30 people and only 1 didnt got the corrupt file issue.

4 times in a row getting the corrupt file on 68%, and no i havent closed the launcher in the middle of the patching proces, left it every time to do its work.

You are implying that is the players that do this shit to themselfs but the truth is that the devs fcked up....again

Yes i am implying exactly that .Because only in this screen shot the amount of people already exeeds the amount of people complaining on the forums.And this is one single EU channel ...2016-12-01_281603630.thumb.JPG.1cdbc4f58

Posted (edited)

it will not :( been there 2 times now

hmm, well, now @ 26% (roundabout 10.6 to 10.8 GB completed) the speed it checks the files is going down massivly from 50+mb/s to the commonly complained 2 if not 1 mb/s... + i tried the method of Wanderlore

A friend just pointed me towards this fix, go to your (x86) folders, black desert online and delete the filediagnose file. it'll count over all your black desert files when you start the game up again and it doesn't nitpick about the mb/s you have to download. it works for us. Filecheck causes a disturbance, because the patch is not meant to be 1.4gb but something along the 1.04. that's why it gives an error.

i checked everywhere, there is no "filediagnose" file... only a "filecheck" file with 0 bytes in it. I kicked it out of the folder and yet the same problem appears as often described above. But thx for the attempt. Happy that it worx for you though :/.

Edited by Vimez

Posted

Yes i am implying exactly that .Because only in this screen shot the amount of people already exeeds the amount of people complaining on the forums.And this is one single EU channel ...2016-12-01_281603630.thumb.JPG.1cdbc4f58

Well you are wrong, i was more than patient and its NOT my fault so the argument that people lack of patience is just ridiculous.

Im shure that theres a lot of people that have closed the inst in the middle of the patching proces but THAT IS NOT THE SOURCE of the problem.

Anyway, afther 5 times with no luck i runed the louncher in admin mode and it finally got it.

Posted

Anyway, afther 5 times with no luck i runed the louncher in admin mode and it finally got it.

dats what im doing ever since, yet it doesnt help me anything

Posted

I'm stalled at 48% now, but it's not corrupt yet *crosses fingers harder*

Posted

From GM_Dew:     (for those who haven't seen it yet)

Please wait a few minutes and it should get past the point where you are stuck. The patch will continue downloading after a while.

If you are getting a corrupted file error, please try the following to resolve the issue:

• Disable your antivirus while updating BDO
  • Add your whole BDO directory to the Exclude list of your antivirus software.
  • Depending on the configuration of your computer permissions, it may be necessary to run the Black Desert as an administrator. In order to do so, right click on the launcher icon and click “Run as Administrator”.
  • Disable Firewall (easier) OR make sure to put Black Desert Online in both Firewall Inbound and Outbound rules.
  • Attempt a file repair

Attempting a file repair is easy:
1. Go to the Black Desert Online installation folder. (Usually C:/Program Files(x86)/Black Desert Online).
2. Rename the following file: version.dat to config.filecheck.
3. Restart the launcher and it will repair your game files.

Please note that, it may look like it is (re)download a massive amount of data but it will actually only download damaged files after checking the whole install.

If the problem persists, continue below:
1. Go to Log folder in your installation directory, and choose the latest created "Client" log file.
2. The corrupted .PAZ file should be mentioned in the second from last line, delete it from the Paz folder
3. Repeat if necessary.

You may Enable your Anti-Virus and Firewall again once you've finished repairing.

Additionally, we have an alternate download method available:
https://blackdesert.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/210746789-Downloading-Black-Desert-Online

Best regards,
GM Dew

That actually solved it, ty

Posted

I'm stalled at 48% now, but it's not corrupt yet *crosses fingers harder*

67 is my unlucky number ..

Posted

Well you are wrong, i was more than patient and its NOT my fault so the argument that people lack of patience is just ridiculous.

Im shure that theres a lot of people that have closed the inst in the middle of the patching proces but THAT IS NOT THE SOURCE of the problem.

And how you running the client as admin is KAKAOS fault ?It is your own PC that was restricting you and required admin acces to go on .So is ...players issue .U just proved my point.GJ wouldn't have done it better my self.

Posted

How can i skip the "check files" line and go to "patching" line?

Posted

Disabled antivirus firewall running as admin - still the same sht....

Posted

could you pls be a bit more precise WHICH part did solve it? Cus its a bloody long walkthrough... and me for example dont even find a "version.dat" thats related to BDO.

Posted

the same but now i am stuck at 48% insted of 65%