• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

[Updated][Maintenance] Maintenance November 30th

926 posts in this topic

Posted

For those of you who might still have the patch problem, i suggest turning off you anti-virus programs if you have such

Posted

the same but now i am stuck at 48% insted of 65%

omg *facepalm* WHAT solved it -.- WHICH part ?

Posted

"Rename the following file: version.dat to config.filecheck."

I got yet config.filecheck.  

Have to chance with version.dat?

Omg

Posted

And how you running the client as admin is KAKAOS fault ?It is your own PC that was restricting you and required admin acces to go on .So is ...players issue .U just proved my point.GJ wouldn't have done it better my self.

haha yeah of course, if you get a popup saying please restart the launcher, its the users fault lol

Posted

config.filecheck.      <---- delete that thing is the evil

Posted

thats a whole -----ing joke

Posted

"2. Rename the following file: version.dat to config.filecheck." i guess you refer to that part, right?

That file called "version.dat" doesnt exist in any of ma two BDO-Folders... nor any file with that name related to BDO... so according to what you said, it should work for me now, as it doesnt exist, right? It still doesnt work.

Posted

A friend just pointed me towards this fix, go to your (x86) folders, black desert online and delete the filediagnose file. it'll count over all your black desert files when you start the game up again and it doesn't nitpick about the mb/s you have to download. it works for us. Filecheck causes a disturbance, because the patch is not meant to be 1.4gb but something along the 1.04. that's why it gives an error.

This actually fixed it for me, after 3 times getting the corrupted file info, I deleted the config.filecheck in the Blackdesert program folder and could download without problems; it just skipped the checking files part.

Posted

"2. Rename the following file: version.dat to config.filecheck." i guess you refer to that part, right?

That file called "version.dat" doesnt exist in any of ma two BDO-Folders... nor any file with that name related to BDO... so according to what you said, it should work for me now, as it doesnt exist, right? It still doesnt work.

well it should be.

3 ppl in teamspeak, did exactly what you're told on that link i gave to you, and now they're ingame

Posted

Still at 48%. It's like Schrodinger's corrupt file.

Posted

This actually fixed it for me, after 3 times getting the corrupted file info, I deleted the config.filecheck in the Blackdesert program folder and could download without problems; it just skipped the checking files part.

as well as:

well it should be.

3 ppl in teamspeak, did exactly what you're told on that link i gave to you, and now they're ingame

both files dont exist on ma computer anywhere close to BDO.

Neither "version.dat" nor "config.filecheck". We are talking bout Black Desert Online, right? I didnt stumble into some random other game of kakao?

Hmm, it sais "forum.blackdesertonline.com" up there as an adress... weird. Im gonna test that other link.

"Additionally, we have an alternate download method available:

https://blackdesert.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/210746789-Downloading-Black-Desert-Online"

Thx for trying to help me though *shrug* no idea whats wrong there with all the missing files. Oh and disabling Anti-vir and running as admin (which i did before anyways) did not fix the bloody slow repairing process -.-.

Posted

Dalete that file and start to download now without checking

hope

Posted

*still not ingame*
*gotta waste my time by studying*
*hoping for a miracle*

Q.Q

Posted

as well as:

both files dont exist on ma computer anywhere close to BDO.

Neither "version.dat" nor "config.filecheck". We are talking bout Black Desert Online, right? I didnt stumble into some random other game of kakao?

Hmm, it sais "forum.blackdesertonline.com" up there as an adress... weird. Im gonna test that other link.

"Additionally, we have an alternate download method available:

https://blackdesert.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/210746789-Downloading-Black-Desert-Online"

Thx for trying to help me though *shrug* no idea whats wrong there with all the missing files. Oh and disabling Anti-vir and running as admin (which i did before anyways) did not fix the bloody slow repairing process -.-.

versiondat.jpg

Posted

Hallelujah I made it through the download process!!!!!
Now to try actually getting in the game.

Posted (edited)

Hallelujah I made it through the download process!!!!!
Now to try actually getting in the game.

HOW did you do it? :o

edit:I succeeded! wow

Edited by QRob

Posted (edited)

Still not working for me. After 6 hours still stuck with 31%. Guys, this is unacceptably. Do something to fix that please.

Deleting config.filecheck caused the program to skip the repair process, but now its downloading the entire 47 GB of the Game completely, although I have them all in my folder! With my connection, this need about 17 hours of time. Terrible. Means, I cant play at all.

Edited by Laurina

Posted

haha yeah of course, if you get a popup saying please restart the launcher, its the users fault lol

Question why do you get that pop-up in the first place i never had that pop up and i am here since pre-launch !Should i ask what did you do with your client to begin with or what 3rd party programs u used ?Or maybe why your PC doesn't let you run your programs in admin mode so how is that KAKAO's fault again ...?And i am asking again what did you do to get such a message since i never experienced it and i am still running the client that i got with the pre-order for the closed beta .......

Posted

I was actually stuck at 48% as well for about 10 minutes and just let it sit.  It has progressed past and the patching is still continuing forward.

If you are not in a rush, just let the patching run and go from there.

Cheers! 

Posted

My patience finally paid off. After being stuck at 48% for 25 min it completed the patch.. :D

Posted

HOW did you do it? :o

edit:I succeeded! wow

I prayed to Cthulhu and sacrificed a goat. Not sure which one made it work, so others may have to try both.

(I'm actually just one of the lucky ones that didn't have an issue)

Posted

From GM_Dew:     (for those who haven't seen it yet)

Please wait a few minutes and it should get past the point where you are stuck. The patch will continue downloading after a while.

If you are getting a corrupted file error, please try the following to resolve the issue:

• Disable your antivirus while updating BDO
  • Add your whole BDO directory to the Exclude list of your antivirus software.
  • Depending on the configuration of your computer permissions, it may be necessary to run the Black Desert as an administrator. In order to do so, right click on the launcher icon and click “Run as Administrator”.
  • Disable Firewall (easier) OR make sure to put Black Desert Online in both Firewall Inbound and Outbound rules.
  • Attempt a file repair

Attempting a file repair is easy:
1. Go to the Black Desert Online installation folder. (Usually C:/Program Files(x86)/Black Desert Online).
2. Rename the following file: version.dat to config.filecheck.
3. Restart the launcher and it will repair your game files.

Please note that, it may look like it is (re)download a massive amount of data but it will actually only download damaged files after checking the whole install.

If the problem persists, continue below:
1. Go to Log folder in your installation directory, and choose the latest created "Client" log file.
2. The corrupted .PAZ file should be mentioned in the second from last line, delete it from the Paz folder
3. Repeat if necessary.

You may Enable your Anti-Virus and Firewall again once you've finished repairing.

Additionally, we have an alternate download method available:
https://blackdesert.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/210746789-Downloading-Black-Desert-Online

Best regards,
GM Dew

Warning.

If you follow these solutions given by this person you will make your operating system vulnerable. In particular this part:

• Depending on the configuration of your computer permissions, it may be necessary to run the Black Desert as an administrator. In order to do so, right click on the launcher icon and click “Run as Administrator”.
  • Disable Firewall (easier) OR make sure to put Black Desert Online in both Firewall Inbound and Outbound rules.

I would recommend the user that posted these instructions to immediately remove the above lines as solutions from their post. Advising users to follow these instructions shows complete irresponsibility and luck of computer knowledge, in particular computer security. It is even more important to mention that if this post comes from admins or moderators of this forum they should ask serious developers or IT related people in what to advice publicly on a forum.

Posted

Warning.

If you follow these solutions given by this person you will make your operating system vulnerable. In particular this part:

I would recommend the user that posted these instructions to immediately remove the above lines as solutions from their post. Advising users to follow these instructions shows complete irresponsibility and luck of computer knowledge, in particular computer security. It is even more important to mention that if this post comes from admins or moderators of this forum they should ask serious developers or IT related people in what to advice publicly on a forum.

That came directly from a GM....
But yea I don't like it either, so I'm glad I didn't need to do this.