• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

[Updated][Maintenance] Maintenance November 30th

926 posts in this topic

Posted

You know your patching is shit when you need to disable antivirus for it to work.

Posted

That came directly from a GM....But yea I don't like it either, so I'm glad I didn't need to do this.

I know it did. Giving technical advices about things they have no idea about, is making people risk their computer's health. It is a very serious subject. None should take these actions.

Posted

i dont plan on doing anything but using the launcher, no extra hoops jumped through to play again. if they cant fix it i uninstall and move on, simple as that. the launcher worked pre patch, not my job to make it work now.

Posted

deleted filechecking in BDO folder and now re insatll all 40+ giga

fk kakao

Posted

Great, I did my daily attendance reward, but I didn't get the stones. (They're not in my inventory or my mailbox)
Maybe I need to relog for them to show up

Posted

A friend of mine is waiting since 6 hours now to re-download 41GB -- the whole game again -- yes this was a result of just powering on the computer and running the launcher -- it is now at 56%.

If they can't write code, they should make it free at least -- not that it would make everyone interested still.

Posted

FYI, all you have to do is delete the version.dat file from BDO and you can download the patch 100%.  It's not rocket science and I found a fix after a Google search which took me all of 10 seconds to find.

1 person likes this

Posted

FYI, all you have to do is delete the version.dat file from BDO and you can download the patch 100%.  It's not rocket science and I found a fix after a Google search which took me all of 10 seconds to find.

THERE IS NO VERSION.DAT FILE.  I've been trying to download now since about 11.30am, it's 16:47 now, I've tried everything that's been posted.  Basically they -----ed up the patcher again.  You arrogant -----

Posted

THERE IS NO VERSION.DAT FILE.  I've been trying to download now since about 11.30am, it's 16:47 now, I've tried everything that's been posted.  Basically they -----ed up the patcher again.  You arrogant -----

Wrong.  Open the directory where you installed Black Desert Online and scroll all the way to the bottom and you will see "version.dat" which you can select and delete.  It isn't rocket science.

Posted

Kuno / Ninja Awakening is next Awakening next Week so just wait till then.

Once all Awakening are released they take care of the balancing of all the classes anyways.

http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/120157-so-this-is-a-thing-pretty-insulting/#comment-1660076

Wake up !!!!! Devs do not even try to fix KUNO !!! Awakening copy-paste the basic skills !!! eg Block j, Con ... Shadow sl .... - this is the same with hula hoops!

Posted

Wrong.  Open the directory where you installed Black Desert Online and scroll all the way to the bottom and you will see "version.dat" which you can select and delete.  It isn't rocket science.

It appears that it is rocket science for the developers though. They cannot automate it for the users so that they won't need to become technicians of bdo.

Posted (edited)

deleted

Edited by SaltyDays
support will likely help me with this issue :D

Posted

Is it possible it's a hidden file on some people's systems?

Posted

Right.  Now you are just trolling ----- off. 

Salty because you were shown the error of your ways, LOL!

It appears that it is rocket science for the developers though. They cannot automate it for the users so that they won't need to become technicians of bdo.

Apparently, you are an expert programmer. Perhaps you could apply for a job with the company and fix the issues you feel are really simple to fix.

Posted

However, this patch is a complete unreasonable demand. It forces me now to completely redownload the godzillian of game data again. This really should never happen with an installed game.

Posted

Salty because you were shown the error of your ways, LOL!

Apparently, you are an expert programmer. Perhaps you could apply for a job with the company and fix the issues you feel are really simple to fix.

No, because I run my own company which is in no way interested to have customers such as them either.

Posted

No, because I run my own company which is in no way interested to have customers such as them either.

Sure you do, bud.  You are just salty because you aren't bright enough to figure out how to fix your issue.

Posted

Sure you do, bud.  You are just salty because you aren't bright enough to figure out how to fix your issue.

You be happy with your skills in fixing issues by deleting a single file. Allow us the rest to face the real issues. I am proud of you by the way.

Posted

could you pls be a bit more precise WHICH part did solve it? Cus its a bloody long walkthrough... and me for example dont even find a "version.dat" thats related to BDO.

I disabled antivirus and whitelisted the whole bdo folder. Patch went through first try.

Posted

You know your patching is shit when you need to disable antivirus for it to work.

Wrong - This just means your antivirus is shit and prone to false positives. Get rid of that malware - eh - "anti"virus crap.

Is your company a gold farm ?

However, this patch is a complete unreasonable demand. It forces me now to completely redownload the godzillian of game data again. This really should never happen with an installed game.

From what I can gather, this looks like it happens to those who try to open the client again shortly after it says "complete", but it is still writing to the drive.  Additionally, could be malware or antivirus scanner locking the files triggering a failure in the patch on launcher launch / game launch - to re-download.

Posted

Ok guys, I've been trying to make it work since 11:30 and until now I wasn't able. It may look stupid, but here is what I did to fix the corruption file at 67% problem after almost 6 hours trying:

1 - Erased the file "config.filecheck" or "version.dat" from your game folder.

2 - Turned off Windows Firewall.

3 - Opened in admin mode.

And hell yes, IT WORKED.

Wish you all good luck with this problem, see you ingame ;)

Posted

Is your company a gold farm ?

heh no, nothing bdo related/orientated.

Posted (edited)

10 seconds ?  that's impressive given latency, TTFB, page download speed, local rendering, then reading, repeating the process on most likely a crappier server with no fail-over (than google itself), and that's not even accounting for all the adware tracking that happens even with AdBlock/etc.

If you can - Google "black desert online " + more keywords (let alone including typing time), wait on spam, read through potentially hundreds of titles that the majority are outdated information, then read through each sub page you think is good (including their bad load times), in all of 10 seconds to find the information - You definitely deserve a cookie !! - in fact, here -- take this cool cookie (it's cool because it has shades so you might not be able to recognize it)

Image result for cookie

Edited by Myrddin Wylt

Posted

I had issues with file corruption at 48%, 60% and 67%. I fixed this problem with disabling both antivirus, windows firewall AND deleting the last .paz file i found from the logs. For me i think it was PAD004427.paz. After that i ran the patching, got again corrupted at 67%. Repair after that, was much smoother and faster. After repair got 100mb patch compared to 1,04 or 1,41 gb. 

Hope this helps.

Posted

I had issues with file corruption at 48%, 60% and 67%. I fixed this problem with disabling both antivirus, windows firewall AND deleting the last .paz file i found from the logs. For me i think it was PAD004427.paz. After that i ran the patching, got again corrupted at 67%. Repair after that, was much smoother and faster. After repair got 100mb patch compared to 1,04 or 1,41 gb. 

Hope this helps.

I can concur that these so called "anti-virus" programs (which have become bloated malware/adware/resource pigs) - things which by comparison, wrapping your computer in saran-wrap has a higher probability of actual "protection" - are the cause of the interference.  Toss the AV crap, just use the core with windows which is targeted, not some adhoc heuristical scanner - saving valuable game resources, and just use common sense + block all ads when browsing / downloading.