• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

[Updated][Maintenance] Maintenance November 30th

926 posts in this topic

Posted

10 seconds ?  that's impressive given latency, TTFB, page download speed, local rendering, then reading, repeating the process on most likely a crappier server with no fail-over (than google itself), and that's not even accounting for all the adware tracking that happens even with AdBlock/etc.

If you can - Google "black desert online " + more keywords (let alone including typing time), wait on spam, read through potentially hundreds of titles that the majority are outdated information, then read through each sub page you think is good (including their bad load times), in all of 10 seconds to find the information - You definitely deserve a cookie !! - in fact, here -- take this cool cookie (it's cool because it has shades so you might not be able to recognize it)

Image result for cookie

I have a sweet internet connection, I can type over 100WPM, and I have great reading and comprehension skills.  Thanks for the cool cookie!

Posted

Salty because you were shown the error of your ways, LOL! (as an answer on the discussion bout a non-existant version.dat)

Im quite happy that i found somebody else having the same issues like me:

There is no version.dat ^^ it simply does not exist. Alongside with two more files that are supposed to be there, but they simply dont exist on my computer. Im quite happy that im not alone. Maybe some people should consider things that are different to what they are used to as a valid possibility before starting to insult other people. And some other people shoudnt react to such narrow-minded personalilties with insults neither *shrug*... aaanyways. The files arent there, cant rename them, nor can delete them, the problem though persists, → downloading the full game again *sigh* 6.2 gb already, yay!

Posted

I have a sweet internet connection, I can type over 100WPM, and I have great reading and comprehension skills.  Thanks for the cool cookie!

By internet connection, you mean a microchip in your brain with wifi connectivity directly storing google results into memory cells sorting on the quantum level ? - and also having some electronic-telepathic link up where wifi is too slow so data is just swapped from the remote servers by mirroring their quantum states for instantaneous transmission ?

And you are welcome for the cookie :)

Posted

I can concur that these so called "anti-virus" programs (which have become bloated malware/adware/resource pigs) - things which by comparison, wrapping your computer in saran-wrap has a higher probability of actual "protection" - are the cause of the interference.  Toss the AV crap, just use the core with windows which is targeted, not some adhoc heuristical scanner - saving valuable game resources, and just use common sense + block all ads when browsing / downloading.

I agree with everything u said. The real problem is the operating system itself as you already must know. Put on top of that lazy messy development and you end up talking about it here. You can see other games, or in my experience, all the other games do not need these tweaks on my systems.

Posted

Im quite happy that i found somebody else having the same issues like me:

There is no version.dat ^^ it simply does not exist. Alongside with two more files that are supposed to be there, but they simply dont exist on my computer. Im quite happy that im not alone. Maybe some people should consider things that are different to what they are used to as a valid possibility before starting to insult other people. And some other people shoudnt react to such narrow-minded personalilties with insults neither *shrug*... aaanyways. The files arent there, cant rename them, nor can delete them, the problem though persists, → downloading the full game again *sigh* 6.2 gb already, yay!

Are you running the game as administrator?  If not, that may be your problem.

By internet connection, you mean a microchip in your brain with wifi connectivity directly storing google results into memory cells sorting on the quantum level ? - and also having some electronic-telepathic link up where wifi is too slow so data is just swapped from the remote servers by mirroring their quantum states for instantaneous transmission ?

It is entirely possible the doctors have upgraded my brain after being in a very bad car accident a few years ago.

Posted (edited)

Yes, just scroll up to page 33, there you see the whole process of me getting upset, helpless, childish and ego-centred alongside with a full description of whats going on wif ma bloody launcher ^^. But... what does "running the game as administrator" has to do with the lack of existance of a file called "Version.dat"?

Aaaanyways: im off to ma RL-Book called Otherland of Ted Williams, quite interesting.

Edited by Vimez

Posted

It is quantum entanglement :D

Posted

Wrong - This just means your antivirus is shit and prone to false positives. Get rid of that malware - eh - "anti"virus crap.

No, it really doesn't.

It's the GMs that said we need to disable the antivirus, I have no intention of doing that.

Posted

still waiting...     ...

Posted

I downloaded the patch with no problems. Started the game, no problem.

Good luck to you all who have still problems

Posted (edited)

It is quantum entanglement :D

Quite possible.  Mastering this formula to enable synergy between the conversion of matter to binary and back again is the likely culprit for instantaneous data absorption at speeds only possible through probability computing where a computers existence is only needed to be probable, but not required to exist to obtain the information what what would probably exist in that computer if it probably existed.   :)

It is entirely possible the doctors have upgraded my brain after being in a very bad car accident a few years ago.

See above for "upgrade" details.

No, it really doesn't.

It's the GMs that said we need to disable the antivirus, I have no intention of doing that.

It really does.  See some neat articles outlining what they did in the past (when they worked), and what they do now ( br0|<3n ). You won't find a lot regarding this information because Google itself is an advertising and censoring cesspool subject to various agreements with your country/isp/other companies visibility to your country, and so on, however to understand why they are shit - you must compare what they do now, to what they did in the past, and how viable (realistic) is it to protect you from near a Petabyte of malicious code using a generic algorythm.  In the past, they would target and literally extract the virus code from the file, keeping the original program in tact and virus free. Now they just nuke the file if it's "suspicious" and flag it with generic W32 / whatever based on the heuristic match. It doesn't mean it even has a virus or is bad code.  Running windows clean with no 3rd party AV, and using some common sense combined with adblocking mechanisms/etc - is much safer than plugging a gaping hole in your computer granting express access to ABC antivirus company to deliver ads, malware, bad "updates" which have been known to be prone to false positives where deleting the file can have serious repercussions to the end user of the compute - and why wouldn't they delete it with a big glaring red box saying "BAD STUFF HAPPENING >>  [Fix Me] [Fix Me]"   (avast doesn't really give an option to do nothing. the "ignore" has been broken since day one and requires a form submission - yay).

Edit:  Also, "disabling" your antivirus, doesn't disable the gaping hole it leaves in your system.  Also, another great article on why not to use these garbage AV programs (specifically dealing with their 'browser' plugins to keep you 'safe' lol)  antivirus browser extensions actually make you less secure !

Edited by Myrddin Wylt

Posted

It really does.  See some neat articles outlining what they did in the past (when they worked), and what they do now ( br0|<3n ). You won't find a lot regarding this information because Google itself is an advertising and censoring cesspool subject to various agreements with your country/isp/other companies visibility to your country, and so on, however to understand why they are shit - you must compare what they do now, to what they did in the past, and how viable (realistic) is it to protect you from near a Petabyte of malicious code using a generic algorythm.  In the past, they would target and literally extract the virus code from the file, keeping the original program in tact and virus free. Now they just nuke the file if it's "suspicious" and flag it with generic W32 / whatever based on the heuristic match. It doesn't mean it even has a virus or is bad code.  Running windows clean with no 3rd party AV, and using some common sense combined with adblocking mechanisms/etc - is much safer than plugging a gaping hole in your computer granting express access to ABC antivirus company to deliver ads, malware, bad "updates" which have been known to be prone to false positives where deleting the file can have serious repercussions to the end user of the compute - and why wouldn't they delete it with a big glaring red box saying "BAD STUFF HAPPENING >>  [Fix Me] [Fix Me]"   (avast doesn't really give an option to do nothing. the "ignore" has been broken since day one and requires a form submission - yay).

Edit:  Also, "disabling" your antivirus, doesn't disable the gaping hole it leaves in your system.  Also, another great article on why not to use these garbage AV programs (specifically dealing with their 'browser' plugins to keep you 'safe' lol)  antivirus browser extensions actually make you less secure !

.. and now with windows 10 your OS itself is the virus. But hey, don't allow yourself to get off the train...

Posted

Salty because you were shown the error of your ways, LOL!

Not really no, it's because I'm not stupid.  The file wasn't in the folder, it wasn't hidden it didn't exist.  Confirmed by BDO support, so not salty just not bothered about people trolling on forums.

Posted

Really would have been nice if they had done a test BEFORE hand. Clearly they didn't because they would have stated that not only should your workers be 'idle', but that you should take a screen shot of your keybinds, your actions bars, and make sure your farms were in a state that you could replant them if need be.

...I now have to hope that some of the 241 items in my warehouse are the special seeds....FML.

Posted

Not really no, it's because I'm not stupid.  The file wasn't in the folder, it wasn't hidden it didn't exist.  Confirmed by BDO support, so not salty just not bothered about people trolling on forums.

Apparently, you are because you couldn't figure it out.

Posted

Capture2.PNG

30mins later

Capture.PNG

Hey thats me, sun! :D

1 person likes this

Posted

Its really a pity, Mr Petrobvious cus im referring to you in an earlier post. I dont really understand the need to troll people tbh. If you cannot understand the problems that they currently have (might it be cus of minor brain-functions or simply because it is just the case LIKE THEY SAY), then why teasing em? What do you get out of that? I have a real hard time to believe that you personally profit in any sort of way if you destructivly critic the multiple appearing problems by simply neglecting em.

Yes, some of em might be user-bound, true.... still: some programm that is THAT easy killed by not touching em files at all is a problem, dont you think? At least i know for sure that i havent messed wif em files at all and im missing 3 of em mentioned in this threat, hence why i started to re-dl and deinstalled the remaining. And your attitude is not helping, so why bothering in the first place? Do you get some sort of positive ego-achievement for making people feeling rather displaced? Do you feel better by doing so, Mister/Misses Petruvius? What is your agenda...? I really would like to know, thx in advance.

Posted

6bf11785a452490787dd8ca93b1e422d.png

*sigh* Thank you for the information though.

Posted

Was the previous mention of a Karanda update in another post a lie?

Where the ----- is Nouver?

Please update, thanks.

Posted

Please update, thanks.

i hope you dont mind, but im using you in another context:

now im updating the client after deinstalling the whole game due to certain mentioned troubles. And im @ the same speed as before but now it seems to have an end.... hence the former mentioned problem about faulty clients and data simply vanishing etc still exists.

And i can definatly second the oppinions of ma former guys: If you HAVE TO DISABLE YOUR AV, then something is VERY BAD. ... youre code-monkeys, right? So an "If; else=" construction is something you know about and can decipher.

Hence: → were @ the else: Something is very bad. Thanks that you tried though, but the majority of em players stuck in here is feeling completely left alone guys...a simple "disable your AV" doesnt do the trick at all... its still a bad developement on your side (even if that works out for whatever reason, which does not for me, as i tested it :( ....)

Yes, you troubleshooters are awesome, but please develope sometihing for us special snowflakes too :/.

Posted

"2. Rename the following file: version.dat to config.filecheck." i guess you refer to that part, right?

That file called "version.dat" doesnt exist in any of ma two BDO-Folders... nor any file with that name related to BDO... so according to what you said, it should work for me now, as it doesnt exist, right? It still doesnt work.

Renaming for me did not work, only deleting.

Posted

ooookay, i wanted to let you know: NOW my bloody client finished downloading. 28 hours after i started dis.

This is indeed something i wouldnt call "minor interference" anylonger. Work on that pretty please. And for all others who are still out there having trouble: Good luck!!

Posted (edited)

Surely they are not very smart at coding. Those issues are considered very simple from a developer's point of view, while for most others anything related to code sounds alien.

Those that people call developers are not all programmers. Huge difference to be a guru at animation or graphic design or 3d design with coding. I would not even touch this subject if it wasn't my job, but I would never allow a customer of mine to suffer from so "silly" little problems here and there. Software with such issues is called just "broken". Those that love it broken is their absolute right to love it. I don't care. There are some others that it is their first time to play a game on a computer, including mods of this forum, that they love it thinking that those problems are part of computers in general.

I just don't care anymore, the only thing I hate about all this is that I gave precious money to people that do not deserve it, I helped them with their fraud. I could send that money to 3rd world countries and really help a human being -- not those ignorant money seekers.

Edited by acajoom

Posted

Hey i bought this game on the sale 1 day  before the new world release and to be honest it sucks that i cant join the xp buff server for newcomers / players that are coming back from 30 days break..... like come on i need the catchup to ..... so please fix this so those that bought the game on the 50% sale have access to that server to......

Posted

what about olivia chnl? why i cant join?