• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

[Updated][Maintenance] Maintenance November 30th

926 posts in this topic

Posted

Or to put it another way:

I am paper, rock is fine, but please nerf scissors

This seems to be the prevailing thought process of all MMO classes. BDO is no exception.

Posted

Aww the thread is dying and I'm not out of popcorn yet...

*Fantastic Four Reference*

Flame on?

Posted

It's clobberin time?

Posted

Gotcha, having a small team of techs work overtime once for a server merge that affects 1,000's of players is too expensive, especially considering the black friday sale they just milked the crap out of.

No. You do not take shit down in prime time cause "the devs are in another part of the world". You pay them overtime, fly them here or hell, hire someone who can actually operate a computer besides hitting the on button.

I hate to be negative, but this is 100% true. Most businesses' deployment teams would off the plane and in the office a few days early to prep.

Doing this would be unthinkable where I work. I'm sure we have a MUCH smaller profit margin AND we're incredibly tight with money too.

You could say that's because this is a game and not 'serious business', but the real reason is just cost benefit for Kakao. They can get away with spending less and making more because we're in a crappy market for consumers of MMOs.

1 person likes this

Posted

I hate to be negative, but this is 100% true. Most businesses' deployment teams would off the plane and in the office a few days early to prep.

Doing this would be unthinkable where I work. I'm sure we have a MUCH smaller profit margin AND we're incredibly tight with money too.

You could say that's because this is a game and not 'serious business', but the real reason is just cost benefit for Kakao. They can get away with spending less and making more because we're in a crappy market for consumers of MMOs.

This isn't how this business works. PA is in Korea and controls all the content. Kakao is publisher, that's it. Developers from PA are not going to fly to the US or Europe to oversee the merge. Even if they did they don't speak English. 

Personally I'm shocked PA resources agreed to be available at all. It is a pipe dream to think they would stay up around the clock to match US timezones.

What you are asking for is the same as Sony engineers flying to the US to sit in BestBuy stores on black friday just in case anyone has a question about a 4K TV.

Posted

This isn't how this business works. PA is in Korea and controls all the content. Kakao is publisher, that's it. Developers from PA are not going to fly to the US or Europe to oversee the merge. Even if they did they don't speak English. 

They had -----ing technicians fly over from Korea to look into the desync issue (to absolutely no good effect), and you're saying they can't fly them over for a one time server merge?

Absolutely nonsense.

All maintenances before the one of 30/11/2016 were during the night in NA.

Each has his turn, so not grumble.

But never at 20.

Night != prime time evening.

Posted

Pls,fix Musa Awakening Acc. and nerf/fix Zerker. kthxbye

Posted

I agree with this.

But someone will say Paper / Rock / Scissor.

Posted

Go to a movie. Big deal the game is down for 1/2 a day.  You will live well 99.99 percent of us will.  There is no good or bad time to do it.  Being down in any time period affects someone and you are not any more or less important than the next guy/gal.

Go get a safety err diaper pin and go protest something useless.

Posted

I agree with this.

But someone will say Paper / Rock / Scissor.

... Its very simple

Rock-Paper-Scissors-Lizard-Spock---Dr.-Sheldon-Cooper.jpg

4 people like this

Posted

7 hrs to go...tick tock tick tock. no patching as of yet. nap time. in game chat should be entertaining to say the least when we get back.  >.<

Posted

Posted

i know the wait must be killing the "no lifers"

while they are out of the matrix, they should go tell their love ones "hi" :D

Posted

Who are these loved ones you speak of?  o.O

Posted

I have been through several server mergers in different games and several things always happen.

1) They never get it right the first time, expect the game to go on and offline several times in the next few days.

2) It always takes longer than they say, expect it to take twice as long.

3) It always degrades the game performance, the lag you thought was bad will be much worse.

4) Players always get screwed in one way or another, except of course the entrenched beta testers.

5) It makes it harder to level and do quests due to crowding, resources will be more difficult to find and gather.

6) It causes players to leave the game in droves,  they migrate to the latest hot game.

1 person likes this

Posted

i did have conversation with my son today, if that counts, he is 30 and usually avoids such interactions. now i'm watching morrolanTV play DS3 on twitch. lol.

1 person likes this

Posted

rip kutum train days on uno, enjoyed the last RBF of the Unoverse even though a winner between red and black desert wasn't determined.

@Godlyy steelix used dig its super effective against preventing discord updates

I had to solo Kutum down to 85% before the first other person showed up to help yesterday lol, last kutum on UNO tho was worth it!

Be ready to bring your Steelix today to the new world :D

Posted

I remember when ArcheAge merged their servers.
Let's just hope it goes better than that.

Posted

I have been through several server mergers in different games and several things always happen.

1) They never get it right the first time, expect the game to go on and offline several times in the next few days.

2) It always takes longer than they say, expect it to take twice as long.

3) It always degrades the game performance, the lag you thought was bad will be much worse.

4) Players always get screwed in one way or another, except of course the entrenched beta testers.

5) It makes it harder to level and do quests due to crowding, resources will be more difficult to find and gather.

6) It causes players to leave the game in droves,  they migrate to the latest hot game.

Megaserver is what saved BDO in KR, so YMMV

Posted (edited)

great job daum love your work keep it up.

Edited by Francesca_Abele

Posted

@CM_Praballo Why is west coast down for 24 hours longer than tall the other timezones? \s

You meant to say 0:00 PST Thu, Dec 1.  Or 24:00 PST Wed, Nov 30.

Posted

Just think of all the fish not being caught in Velia right this minute.  :/

2 people like this

Posted

Just think of all the fish not being caught in Velia right this minute.  :/

Was thinking the exact same thing xD

Posted

Megaserver is what saved BDO in KR, so YMMV

I have no idea what that means.  Do you speak English? 

Posted

Was thinking the exact same thing xD

should come up as "Abundant" now though.

1 person likes this