• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

[Updated][Maintenance] Maintenance November 30th

926 posts in this topic

Posted

how do you make the hand gesture for lizard?

... Its very simple

Rock-Paper-Scissors-Lizard-Spock---Dr.-Sheldon-Cooper.jpg

Posted

should come up as "Abundant" now though.

For the first 5 minutes anyway.

Posted

the day i have insomnia i cant play the game, sigh

Posted

Megaserver is what saved BDO in KR, so YMMV

It also fixed alot of their lag issues.

I dont think the guy that posted the post you replied to realizes that we were already on the same server just split up through software not hardware.  This should in theory reduce the load on the server.

Posted

inb4 players who didnt buy the game within the first 3 months realize, oh, server is all in one place and that there was a vote put in place from the beginning to be multiple servers or one mega server

Posted

TBH love how all the yanks complaining about prime time. Welcome to the what the rest of US have to deal with :)

4 people like this

Posted

heh normally id be sleeping right now its 0500 but i cant sleep, so  now im sitting bored debating on what movie i want to watch, so many to choose from

Posted

bea92ef122cffbb0e764cb7c16e2323d.jpg

1 person likes this

Posted

It also fixed alot of their lag issues.
I dont think the guy that posted the post you replied to realizes that we were already on the same server just split up through software not hardware.  This should in theory reduce the load on the server.

While some of what they said may not apply to BDO, I do agree that from what I've seen with any major maintenance/update and server merge, there are a few things that happen.

I have been through several server mergers in different games and several things always happen.

1) They never get it right the first time, expect the game to go on and offline several times in the next few days.

2) It always takes longer than they say, expect it to take twice as long.

3) It always degrades the game performance, the lag you thought was bad will be much worse.

4) Players always get screwed in one way or another, except of course the entrenched beta testers.

5) It makes it harder to level and do quests due to crowding, resources will be more difficult to find and gather.

6) It causes players to leave the game in droves,  they migrate to the latest hot game.

1) The update tends to fail the first time. Developers rarely do test builds with realistic tests these days before releasing. This generally means a lot of downtime and then uptime later.

2) It usually takes much longer than what they originally thought. Only a few developers make up for this with a double move type changeover (those that do usually have fairly short maint. periods.) By this, I mean that they temporarily have a second server (or if they have space, they make a new partition in the same server, but that is rare). They then copy all unchanging data to the new server, essentially creating a copy. Then, they copy data that rarely changes over before finally bringing the changing data over.  Essentially, first move the game, then move character data of those that haven't logged in recently before finally moving in the remaining data.  This relates to 1 as usually companies that do this will first test their temporary server. After the move, they then fix up their current server (or release it) and if they didn't release it, move the changed data over from the temporary server and then release their temporary.

3) I have seen degradation of performance as well, though usually this is due to a lack of optimization and can be fixed or prevented if the company chooses to take measures. This usually has more to do with more players being in each channel.

4) I would not agree with that statement as a general statement, but it is a possible outcome. Usually if it does happen, either the new players, old players, specialty players (players who play a rather unique way), or specific classes/races are the ones that get the downside, rarely all; however, this isn't something that happens every time as this tends to be more for updates with drastic changes.

5) Same as 3, this is generally true due to more players being in each channel. Especially since BDO is not an instanced game and guild quests are fairly channel specific.

6) Players leaving a game in droves tend to be more as a result to major updates than server merges, though unfavorable server merges can cause players to leave.

Posted

While some of what they said may not apply to BDO, I do agree that from what I've seen with any major maintenance/update and server merge, there are a few things that happen.

1) The update tends to fail the first time. Developers rarely do test builds with realistic tests these days before releasing. This generally means a lot of downtime and then uptime later.

2) It usually takes much longer than what they originally thought. Only a few developers make up for this with a double move type changeover (those that do usually have fairly short maint. periods.) By this, I mean that they temporarily have a second server (or if they have space, they make a new partition in the same server, but that is rare). They then copy all unchanging data to the new server, essentially creating a copy. Then, they copy data that rarely changes over before finally bringing the changing data over.  Essentially, first move the game, then move character data of those that haven't logged in recently before finally moving in the remaining data.  This relates to 1 as usually companies that do this will first test their temporary server. After the move, they then fix up their current server (or release it) and if they didn't release it, move the changed data over from the temporary server and then release their temporary.

3) I have seen degradation of performance as well, though usually this is due to a lack of optimization and can be fixed or prevented if the company chooses to take measures. This usually has more to do with more players being in each channel.

4) I would not agree with that statement as a general statement, but it is a possible outcome. Usually if it does happen, either the new players, old players, specialty players (players who play a rather unique way), or specific classes/races are the ones that get the downside, rarely all; however, this isn't something that happens every time as this tends to be more for updates with drastic changes.

5) Same as 3, this is generally true due to more players being in each channel. Especially since BDO is not an instanced game and guild quests are fairly channel specific.

6) Players leaving a game in droves tend to be more as a result to major updates than server merges, though unfavorable server merges can cause players to leave.

Just wanna say the whole overcrowding thing is NOT gonna happen here there is 36 channels the EXACT same amount as there was before the merge 

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

P2W & Bots is what ruined ArcheAge, Server Merge was irrelevant at that point.

Edited by LoveToDie
2 people like this

Posted

Just wanna say the whole overcrowding thing is NOT gonna happen here there is 36 channels the EXACT same amount as there was before the merge 

That isn't completely true. Players in games tend to go towards the first few channels or channels that they can easily see. So while the later channels probably won't be crowded, the first few probably will be more crowded than before.

Posted

That isn't completely true. Players in games tend to go towards the first few channels or channels that they can easily see. So while the later channels probably won't be crowded, the first few probably will be more crowded than before.

That being the case, it would make sense then to have guild channel as one not used as much. But then why am I talking about making sense and talking in these forums, the two things don't go together. Forgot this is for flaming and not for constructive conversations that assist each other enjoy the game.

3 people like this

Posted

TBH love how all the yanks complaining about prime time. Welcome to the what the rest of US have to deal with :)

Loving it:)

Posted

Considering that most popular games are made by American or Canadian developers, what do you expect?  

Posted

Guilds will chose their channel and have a majority on their servers. It is gonna work out.

Also those tha really want to farm hard tend to go for later channels which could lead to exactly that, farmed later channels and lifeskiller on the earlier ones:D

1 person likes this

Posted

A LITTLE OVER AN HOUR FROM NOW IMA START FLIPPIN COWS! 

I

NEEED

PLAYYYYYY!

Posted

Considering that most popular games are made by American or Canadian developers, what do you expect?  

People to be mature lol sorry i had to stop there was making me laugh within

Posted

6 more minutes before they say it's extended by a few hours

Posted

i cant sleep....

Posted

People to be mature lol sorry i had to stop there was making me laugh within

umm guys the launcher now says Dec 2nd :(

Posted

1more minute!

Posted

You guys are off by an entire hour.. 

1 person likes this

Posted

umm guys the launcher now says Dec 2nd :(

no way... can we at least dl the maj??

Posted (edited)

That being the case, it would make sense then to have guild channel as one not used as much. But then why am I talking about making sense and talking in these forums, the two things don't go together. Forgot this is for flaming and not for constructive conversations that assist each other enjoy the game.

It might make sense, but you underestimate human laziness and the occasional channel flood due to one channel or another being filled even if only temporarily.

I can only say what I've seen in the past. I am unable to guarantee what will happen and thus have only said what I've seen before.

Guilds will chose their channel and have a majority on their servers. It is gonna work out.

Also those tha really want to farm hard tend to go for later channels which could lead to exactly that, farmed later channels and lifeskiller on the earlier ones:D

As I've said, I hope it works out, but I'm expecting the worst and hoping for the best.

yo mis-typed days. And yes, we are off/early by an hour. It is actually 66 minutes at that time and 58 minutes now.

Edited by SinNoAria