• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

An AI companion system.

39 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

The game is amazing. Probably the most immersive MMO I have played to date. Most of the tasks in the game are pretty mundane and tedious just like other MMOs. But the game is so pretty and the gameplay so well done. That its easily overlooked. Even something as tedious and boring as trading between cities is fun because the graphics of your character is so detailed and the environment is so lush. The journey feels worth it. I think this is the most perfect MMO so far. May not always be that way. Since graphics and technology is always being pushed forward.

Anyways. What do you guys think about an AI companion system. Like 3 party members can follow you around. They only participate in PVE and they do little to no damage. But they just follow your around and pretend to fight. And the AI companions are switched in and out from your main and alt characters. Like Dragon Age or Skyrim. Dragons Dogma, that sort of thing.

Edited by AlexHuaTIan

Posted

if they could be seen by other players it would be really messy. imagine a 5 people party each with their 3 companions. it would look more like a mini zerg thena party. Also there are items that let you be concealed, would it affect the companions? Could you rearrange their clothing or weapons? there is a ton of questions to ask and clarify and then implement them all so that the server wouldn't get a hiccup and I'm sure that it would.

This is not this kind of game, look at the games you mentioned, all single player ones. This is implemented there to give you a feeling you're not alone, that there is someone fighting on your side too. in MMO you don't need NPC for that. you have live people all around you.

Posted

if they could be seen by other players it would be really messy. imagine a 5 people party each with their 3 companions. it would look more like a mini zerg thena party. Also there are items that let you be concealed, would it affect the companions? Could you rearrange their clothing or weapons? there is a ton of questions to ask and clarify and then implement them all so that the server wouldn't get a hiccup and I'm sure that it would.

This is not this kind of game, look at the games you mentioned, all single player ones. This is implemented there to give you a feeling you're not alone, that there is someone fighting on your side too. in MMO you don't need NPC for that. you have live people all around you.

SWTOR. that was one thing i actually liked a lot in that game, the companion system. did crap in pvp, but was a real asset in pve. that was a good companion system, being able to upgrade their gear, having a companion for each role...and only being able to have one out at a time made it more like a "pet" system, like tamers with Heilang, or a WoW huntard with a pet....only you could have a pocket healer.

we all could use a pocket healer.

Posted

I mean , who's that lonely? Sounds cool but .. idk lol

1 person likes this

Posted

Anyways. What do you guys think about an AI companion system. Like 3 party members can follow you around. They only participate in PVE and they do little to no damage. But they just follow your around and pretend to fight. And the AI companions are switched in and out from your main and alt characters. Like Dragon Age or Skyrim. Dragons Dogma, that sort of thing.

As if all those pets wouldnt be annoying enough.. :P

no offense, but i really dont like this idea. seems to be useless to me..

Posted

You could actually make some friends and play in a party you know, like ppl do in mmorpgs?

I think it says in the title that is is an mmorpg, the total oposite of single player game.

4 people like this

Posted

Trading convoy of actual players maybe (if it wasn't pointless), but i'd say you should either get more social (preferably with like-minded players) or embrace the solitude, i do the latter personally, so i don't need the extra baggage of AI. 

Posted

The game is amazing. Probably the most immersive MMO I have played to date. Most of the tasks in the game are pretty mundane and tedious just like other MMOs. But the game is so pretty and the gameplay so well done. That its easily overlooked. Even something as tedious and boring as trading between cities is fun because the graphics of your character is so detailed and the environment is so lush. The journey feels worth it. I think this is the most perfect MMO so far. May not always be that way. Since graphics and technology is always being pushed forward.

I'm not against it in swtor but in this game I don't think so because this game needs more reasons not to solo not more reason to solo.

Posted

Just join a guild and go to a worker node where several guildmembers have workers at, there you have your own little "group" of buddies shoveling in the dirt for you.

Posted (edited)

It would be another good way to monetize the game. People would purchase several character slots to create unique classes and appearances. Which they can use to mix and match for their 4 man/woman quest parties. Kind of like all of those companion mods on the nexus.

Edited by AlexHuaTIan

Posted

Guild wars 1 called and want their followers back. It won't work in this game . If you´re bad enough so you need three others to help you farm then maybe you wanna go and slap some manshas instead of going balls deep on sausans or pirates XP 

Posted (edited)

Guild wars 1 called and want their followers back. It won't work in this game . If you´re bad enough so you need three others to help you farm then maybe you wanna go and slap some manshas instead of going balls deep on sausans or pirates XP 

They dont need to be good for grinding. Just mostly cosmetic. Maybe even decrease the hitpoints and damage of your playable character to even it out whenever you choose to party.  They have no pvp value since your opponent wont even be able to see them. And your AI party members cant even target players or buff you in pvp.

Edited by AlexHuaTIan

Posted

PVE already to easy , no need for npc's , but i understand you like the SWTOR style . I liked it too :)

Posted

Careful what you wish for. Cause if PA agrees with you, only way of getting those will be pearl shop. 

Personally i think this idea is dumb as hell. AI companions in MMORPG game.... seriously. 

Posted

PVE already to easy , no need for npc's , but i understand you like the SWTOR style . I liked it too :)

Yes. SWTOR is a great style. Its about changing the gameplay. Not looking for an advantage. They can even penalize drop rates to make it not worth it. The goal is just to give the gameplay a somwhat cosmetic change.

Posted

They dont need to be good for grinding. Just mostly cosmetic. Maybe even decrease the hitpoints and damage of your playable character to even it out whenever you choose to party.  They have no pvp value since your opponent wont even be able to see them. And your AI party members cant even target players or buff you in pvp.

That's stupid. So they don't even contribute anything, if you want to jerk of to more in -game females...please go and look for help. This is a useless idea that will cost shitton of money. 

Posted

That's stupid. So they don't even contribute anything, if you want to jerk of to more in -game females...please go and look for help. This is a useless idea that will cost shitton of money. 

If it cost too much. And isnt worth the financial effort. Then I guess it shouldnt be bothered with. But assuming its not that expensive. And I know games that have done this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_K-kCTt4i6A

Posted

If it cost too much. And isnt worth the financial effort. Then I guess it shouldnt be bothered with. But assuming its not that expensive. And I know games that have done this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_K-kCTt4i6A

Comparing SWTOR to bdo is stupid, they don't have anything incommon and SWTOR is dead, its pacé, they -----ed up, its boring, no one wants it, its an illegitimate child. That game is wired diffirently, you don't see a node system in that game, why? Because it wouldn't work. 

Posted

You could actually make some friends and play in a party you know, like ppl do in mmorpgs?

I think it says in the title that is is an mmorpg, the total oposite of single player game.

What he said

Posted

What he said

Its a video game. An online one. Comparing friendship in a video game is like saying masturbation is the equivalent of sex with a real person. We all know the stereotype for people who play MMOs. Lets not be judgmental and just think of ways to make the gaming experience more entertaining.

latest?cb=20120211222858

Posted

SWTOR have companions.

Posted

Its a video game. An online one. Comparing friendship in a video game is like saying masturbation is the equivalent of sex with a real person. We all know the stereotype for people who play MMOs. Lets not be judgmental and just think of ways to make the gaming experience more entertaining.

latest?cb=20120211222858

Just saying, what they are asking for is already in game and is called other players. And as you said it's a stereotype, so why try to make it look like it was real????

Posted

I've heilang that follows me around and pretends he does something (actually he is pretty good after the buff) 

Posted

No thank you to companions.  Honestly, make some friends and play with them.  If you want companions that form a group with you, there are several very good single player games to choose from.

Posted (edited)

Just saying, what they are asking for is already in game and is called other players. And as you said it's a stereotype, so why try to make it look like it was real????

Im saying that its sort of silly to accuse people who dont party up with players in an MMO as being anti-social. When the very perception of the MMO player base is viewed as anti-social IRL.

Edited by AlexHuaTIan

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0