• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

FPS seems to be capped at 30-45

18 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Without going into system specification details as they're not relevant to this particular topic, my fps seems to be capped at 30(min)-45(max) at all times. Cities, wilderness, wars, whatever location I'm at, regardless of low-ultra(high end mode) and whether or not I'm running fullscreen, windowed, or borderless. I've looked up every single forum/reddit post about issues similar to this, and all of them are connected to having v-syinc turned off at one point, and I suspect it's the issue here too. I can randomly get it to work by messing around in the control panel with the vsync off/on setting, but it never stays forever and after playing with an enjoyable 70-80 fps for a few days I'm stuck at 30-45 again without any idea of how to replicate the "fix". I also noticed my GPUs usage is 60% usually, and my CPU is only 15-20%. Is this normal?

Anyone here dealt with similar issues, and if yes how did you guys fix it?

Edit: Specs anyways;

i7-3630QM

GT 750m 2x

16GB ram

Win 10 pro 64b

Oh and temps are normal, so throttling is out of the question.

Edited by Enferlain

Posted

I have a similar problem,  If I start up the game i get between 8-12 fps, at first I always re enabled vsync and than disable it in the Nvidia control panel to fix the problem but now doing a quck change between full screen and full screen borderless fixed the issue and I get 60+ fps but have to do it every time I restart my computer and launch BDO very anoying indeed..

Tried looking for a permanent fix but seems like there isnt.

Posted

If it's an Nvidia card I had a similar problem just recently and it was caused by the program Nvidia Experience, uninstall it.  It is causing contradicting settings and some how overlapping some.

Posted

I have a similar problem,  If I start up the game i get between 8-12 fps, at first I always re enabled vsync and than disable it in the Nvidia control panel to fix the problem but now doing a quck change between full screen and full screen borderless fixed the issue and I get 60+ fps but have to do it every time I restart my computer and launch BDO very anoying indeed..

Tried looking for a permanent fix but seems like there isnt.

Where do you disable it? Directly the blackdesert64.exe, or for all programs?

If it's an Nvidia card I had a similar problem just recently and it was caused by the program Nvidia Experience, uninstall it.  It is causing contradicting settings and some how overlapping some.

Yeah I read that it might be the issue and I uninstalled it today, and (maybe) it was a fix for a while, but after restarting the game it's back to low fps again :|

Posted

So you originally started off with 30-45 fps and then got it up to 70-80fps by changing settings?  After uninstalling Nvidia Experience did you restart your pc to make sure all settings were cleared from it?

Do you use any aftermarket GPU tuning tools?

Posted

Yes. Then uninstalled gf exp and -----ed around with some settings again and then I had 70-80 fps once more and NOW I'm back to shit again xD I haven't restarted since so I'll do it now.

Posted

The settings you are changing are they in the control panel or in game?  One thing I did was leave stock settings in control panel and make changes in game only.  Now if you need to disable vsync I think you can only do it in control panel, but that would be all I suggest changing.

Also, I've heard that Nvidia Drivers and Windows 10 have some big problems mainly surrounding vsync.

Posted

The settings you are changing are they in the control panel or in game?  One thing I did was leave stock settings in control panel and make changes in game only.  Now if you need to disable vsync I think you can only do it in control panel, but that would be all I suggest changing.

Also, I've heard that Nvidia Drivers and Windows 10 have some big problems mainly surrounding vsync.

Thanks for the tips. Yes I'm doing everything in the control panel as ingame settings don't have any effect. Could you show me a screenshot of your control panel settings please?

Posted

Here ya go

controlpanel1.jpg

controlpanel2.jpg

Posted (edited)

Thanks! I did everything but now I'm stuck at exactly 30 fps, doesn't even go to 45 xD I have no idea what's happening :| Gonna try deleting my black desert folder from documents, maybe that does something.

Edit: ok deleting the folder reset settings and now I'm back to the good ole' 45 fps haha

Here are my control panel settings currently

2016-11-30_1311557.JPG

8500b5a443f0bfcd7679413c351a8bda.png

7542997f642ffda21a94b07573681284.png

f222c9f5048ed168754f9a5d5b785b98.png

23ca61193bc83b8d944d179c0172398f.png

Edited by Enferlain

Posted (edited)

This is on a laptop I'm guessing judging by the screen resolution and it being fullscreen?  What GPU is in it?

I ask because I have a laptop with a 965m in it, and unfortunately it's not enough to run BDO at max settings.  However, because the monitor is relatively small at 15.6 inches, I changed the Texture Quality to High and Graphics Quality to Low and screen resolution to 1920x1080 and I have to say, the game looks amazing on that small screen.  You can't even tell it's low graphic quality because the screen is too small.  That way, game looks great and I get 55fps steadily.

Edited by flukeSG2

Posted

This is on a laptop I'm guessing judging by the screen resolution and it being fullscreen?  What GPU is in it?

I ask because I have a laptop with a 965m in it, and unfortunately it's not enough to run BDO at max settings.  However, because the monitor is relatively small at 15.6 inches, I changed the Texture Quality to High and Graphics Quality to Low and screen resolution to 1920x1080 and I have to say, the game looks amazing on that small screen.  You can't even tell it's low graphic quality because the screen is too small.  That way, game looks great and I get 55fps steadily.

Yes it's a laptop. I have dual 750m cards. It's a 720p display so I can play most games at high settings with around 100 fps, and as I said I have been able to run BDO at good framerates before, which is why I'm hesitant to say it's a performance problem. That and the fact that both cards seem to only run at 60% and my cpu 20% -- it's like they're forced to run at lower capabilities. Overwatch makes my laptop a lot louder for example because it uses more power. This is why I'm suspecting some weird v-sync bug here.

Oh well I can't test any more currently because of the ongoing server merge.

Posted (edited)

Damn what kind of crazy laptop you have has dual gpu?  I've only seen a few that have those.

Also I think you are right, I think it's the vsync bug that my friend has been telling me about and he's been really upset over it.  Are you using Windows 10?

Edited by flukeSG2

Posted

Damn what kind of crazy laptop you have has dual gpu?  I've only seen a few that have those.

Also I think you are right, I think it's the vsync bug that my friend has been telling me about and he's been really upset over it.  Are you using Windows 10?

Haha it's not that crazy, it's an old 2013 Lenovo model with 2 older GPUs. They do alright work though with the 1366 resolution combination. I imagine I wouldn't be able to run anything if it was 1080p. They're probably the equivalent of a gtx 860m or something like that.

Yep running win 10. I've written a ticket but I just got shelved off saying they would look at it :( Meanwhile I've seen numerous people report this issue without receiving an answer. It kinda sucks.

Posted

Lol your laptop is older but you get more FPS than mine who is new. There is def something bugged with this game.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Lol your laptop is older but you get more FPS than mine who is new. There is def something bugged with this game.

Yep, and the crazy thing is I tried on my new laptop which has a frickin 1060 card in it, and I still had 40-50 fps, which at that time I thought was normal. Turns out it's not normal at all. The game seems to be abysmally optimized. We need an actual fix, numerous people have reported this issue already. I'll try completely reinstalling my graphics drivers tomorrow to see if they help at all, but honestly I have no hopes currently.

Edited by Enferlain

Posted

Mine get's terrible framerate in windowed mode. But in Fullscreen really good.  :((

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0