• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

What's the real reason behind merge?

81 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Hi all, I've been away for a few months, and based on the announcements it was never clear to me the real reasons behind the merge. Is it due to lack of player population? Thanks.

Edited by Lifeless

Posted (edited)

Go read the new world thread they literally tell you in the first paragraph.

I swear.

And since you probably wont because I have a feeling you cant figure it out.

• One World, One Server
    Players in different servers will now be living on the same server if they are in the same region. Experience the authentic open world where everyone in the same region will call home.
  • Ever More Fierce Siege Wars
    Now that everyone will break free from server boundaries, many reputable guilds can compete for nodes or territories. Expect creative strategies from enemies you have never met before.
  • Revitalization of In-Game Economy
    The economy system of Black Desert Online greatly benefits from an active interaction between combat and life contents. With the New World, a single Marketplace will cater a greater number of players, therefore housing an enormous collection of items registered by all the players in the region.
Edited by Lemonz
7 people like this

Posted

LovesUn was here! 

1 person likes this

Posted

Hi all, I've been away for a few months, and based on the announcements it was never clear to me the reasons behind the merge. Is it due to lack of player population? Thanks.

Not due to player population, there will be 36 channels 12x3. If it was due to population it would be consolidated channels. One main server was the original intent of the developers and people during Beta begged to have separate servers. Bringing the servers together will allow for more competitive node wars and sieges. 

1 person likes this

Posted

Basically to bring everyone into one larger server with a better functioning economy :)

4 people like this

Posted

Because all the "hardcore l33t" PvPers need node wars to fill the void in their lives.

9 people like this

Posted

One main server was the original intent of the developers and people during Beta begged to have separate servers.

Just.... why?

Posted

Hi all, I've been away for a few months, and based on the announcements it was never clear to me the reasons behind the merge. Is it due to lack of player population? Thanks.

The same reason GW2 and WoW use megaservers now. 

It's alot easier, it makes populations better, it makes world pvp better, and in the case of BDO it makes sieges way better 

Posted

Just.... why?

The same trash as some Beta Players forced Kakao to make PvP at 45.

4 people like this

Posted

Just.... why?

Not sure to be entirely honest what the original arguments were. I think the decision came down to a massive amount of people playing from the start. And they ended up agreeing to it even though it was not their initial plan. 

Posted

Go read the new world thread they literally tell you in the first paragraph.

I swear.

And since you probably wont because I have a feeling you cant figure it out.

• One World, One Server
    Players in different servers will now be living on the same server if they are in the same region. Experience the authentic open world where everyone in the same region will call home.
  • Ever More Fierce Siege Wars
    Now that everyone will break free from server boundaries, many reputable guilds can compete for nodes or territories. Expect creative strategies from enemies you have never met before.
  • Revitalization of In-Game Economy
    The economy system of Black Desert Online greatly benefits from an active interaction between combat and life contents. With the New World, a single Marketplace will cater a greater number of players, therefore housing an enormous collection of items registered by all the players in the region.

You probably believe everything MSM/Gov tells you too. SMH. 

It's alot easier, it makes populations better, it makes world pvp better, and in the case of BDO it makes sieges way better 

No kidding. But why now. 

1 person likes this

Posted

ya mean worse cuz of the lag. if they cant handle the desync on three seperate servers how do you expect on one server? 

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

So wizards can get PK'ed even harder by far more people for the remaining month. That is what this is all about. Developer class mutiny within.

Edited by mastroakq

Posted

Node wars were so uncontested that people were starting alts on different servers, starting a guild with the sole intention of setting up forts that would never be contested, then collecting the weekly payout and hording silver until an eventual merge were they disband the guild as well the day before.  

Sounds to me like they merged the servers before this behavior broke the game worse than it could have/already has.  Or they jumped the gun as it is easier to just say "fuq it" and merge all your silver/alts across three servers other than proclaiming "choose one".  Much less QQ'ing and easier fix for Kakao.  We knew it would merge eventually, just not this soon.    

Posted (edited)

You probably believe everything MSM/Gov tells you too. SMH. 

No kidding. But why now. 

What lol.  THAT IS THE REASON.  The game originally was going to be one server.  Korea merged to one server, RU merged to one server.....

Use your head.  It was going to happen here and honestly had nothing to do with population which is what you seem to think it has to do with.  Take your tinfoil hat off.

PS I believe nothing the gov says lol.

Edited by Lemonz

Posted

Because 'merge' isn't the proper term in this case, since the amount of channels is remaining the same and nothing is being consolidated. It's a megaserver. Many other MMO's, like GW2, have done the same thing.

Posted

It was going to happen here and honestly had nothing to do with population which is what you seem to think it has to do with.  Take your tinfoil hat off.

Dude it has everything to do with population.  It was becoming a bit gamebreaking for people to set up forts on nodes you damn well knew would go uncontested.  

Posted (edited)

What lol.  THAT IS THE REASON.  The game originally was going to be one server.  Korea merged to one server, RU merged to one server.....

Use your head.  It was going to happen here and honestly had nothing to do with population which is what you seem to think it has to do with.  Take your tinfoil hat off.

I am using my head. You're not using your head because you give me the impression that you take all public announcements at face value like you just clearly demonstrated. 

Edited by Lifeless

Posted

Node wars were so uncontested that people were starting alts on different servers, starting a guild with the sole intention of setting up forts that would never be contested, then collecting the weekly payout and hording silver until an eventual merge were they disband the guild as well the day before.  

Sounds to me like they merged the servers before this behavior broke the game worse than it could have/already has.  Or they jumped the gun as it is easier to just say "fuq it" and merge all your silver/alts across three servers other than proclaiming "choose one".  Much less QQ'ing and easier fix for Kakao.  We knew it would merge eventually, just not this soon.    

Well its their own fault tho for having node wars at such a late time in the evening.

Posted (edited)

I am using my head. You're not using your head because you give me the impression that you take all public announcements at face value like you just clearly demonstrated. 

They clearly said because market place and sieging.  BDO is huge, the population is growing especially on UNO but its not enough to cover the vast world of BDO.  So like I said it has nothing to do with the game getting smaller population wise.  Quite the opposite they keep adding and making it bigger which requires more people in a region.  

So no im not taking it at face value, you just aren't smart enough to read between the lines.

Edited by Lemonz

Posted

Well its their own fault tho for having node wars at such a late time in the evening.

I imagine this has only a problem for NA really.  We have 4 timezones and share with the Oceanic peeps too.  

I never even bothered to figure out what time it is for them, all I know is around 6am my time is when the Aussies come out of the woodwork.  How can I tell?  When I fight them, all of the sudden I get less trolling and "Goodfight Mate!" whispered to me for a change... lmao!  

3 people like this

Posted

more attendance in sieges and nodewars

Posted

They clearly said because market place and sieging.  BDO is huge, the population is growing especially on UNO but its not enough to cover the vast world of BDO.  So like I said it has nothing to do with the game getting smaller population wise.  Quite the opposite they keep adding and making it bigger which requires more people in a region.  
So no im not you just aren't smart enough to read between the lines.

Ok so the new server is proportionally the same size as the 3 server we have now? If so it makes more sense

Posted

there are two reasons... one must be right...

1. the games dying, server pop is down... merge is the only answer...

2. they should have done this from the start, realising their mistake they now are doing it...

Posted

there are two reasons... one must be right...

1. the games dying, server pop is down... merge is the only answer...

2. they should have done this from the start, realising their mistake they now are doing it...

Number 1 is false.