• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

What's the real reason behind merge?

81 posts in this topic

Posted

Ok so the new server is proportionally the same size as the 3 server we have now? If so it makes more sense

Yes, there will be 36 channels but there will be the same amount of node war channels.  So every guild will be funneled there during node war time.

Posted

Yes, there will be 36 channels but there will be the same amount of node war channels.  So every guild will be funneled there during node war time.

I see. Thank you. Please forgive my misunderstanding. 

3 people like this

Posted

I told you that in the 3rd post... smh 

Posted

Sorry.

Posted

app errantly reeding iz hard...

1 person likes this

Posted

Sorry.

Now I feel bad, it's okay babe. 

2 people like this

Posted

The reason is so Edan can consume the rest of NA

1 person likes this

Posted

Misunderstandings happen.  And im mostly an asshole when I talk to people.

1 person likes this

Posted

The reason is so UNO can consume the rest of NA

There I fix that for you ^.~

Posted (edited)

ya mean worse cuz of the lag. if they cant handle the desync on three seperate servers how do you expect on one server? 

Megaservers actually cause less stress on servers, not more. This is because channels can be added/removed depending on population, and can be hosted on different servers in clusters if need be, and can be swapped between servers

Also, this game was originally intended to be a megaserver from the start (RU, KR, JP, BDO is a megaserver in every other region), but the original NA players wanted more servers, so we didn't start out as a megaserver.

I do want to point out that the megaserver is what made BDO KR as popular as it is today, it sparked new wars, rivalries, etc, and caused more people to play in the end. 

Edited by Catclaw

Posted

Because the percent of players that actively PvP is very small?  And so the same 4 guilds don't end up swapping regions every week?

2016-11-19_120585255.thumb.JPG.eb2a5e62f

Posted

Megaservers actually cause less stress on servers, not more. This is because channels can be added/removed depending on population, and can be hosted on different servers in clusters if need be, and can be swapped between servers

you have no definitive proof that it will cause less stress we all just know we got 1 big server and we don't know the capabilities of said server cuz were waiting for it. im assuming its going to be the same experience as the ones we got for the past half year. with that said im ASSUMING it would get worse from here on out because of the population and lack of motivation that pa is going to offer us for better quality in terms of in-game stability cuz lets face it they're already milking this game like its nothin and its headed towards becoming f2p at this point ($5 for this game is already a sign). 

Posted

What lol.  THAT IS THE REASON.  The game originally was going to be one server.  Korea merged to one server, RU merged to one server.....

Use your head.  It was going to happen here and honestly had nothing to do with population which is what you seem to think it has to do with.  Take your tinfoil hat off.

PS I believe nothing the gov says lol.

RU BDO launched with Mega servers............ NA/EU BDO was voted against a Mega server by the old playerbase and at the time the publisher said they would still keep a mega server in the works for NA/EU

Posted (edited)

I am using my head. You're not using your head because you give me the impression that you take all public announcements at face value like you just clearly demonstrated. 

Lol? Not everything is conspiracy, some things are actually as they seem. You probably thought that the world was going to end in 2012, right?

Edited by Sabra

Posted (edited)

you have no definitive proof that it will cause less stress we all just know we got 1 big server and we don't know the capabilities of said server cuz were waiting for it. im assuming its going to be the same experience as the ones we got for the past half year. with that said im ASSUMING it would get worse from here on out because of the population and lack of motivation that pa is going to offer us for better quality in terms of in-game stability cuz lets face it they're already milking this game like its nothin and its headed towards becoming f2p at this point ($5 for this game is already a sign). 

Erm BDO is B2P it's basically free2Play

Also Pearl Abyss is teaming up with Silicon studio or what ever that Japanese company is called to better graphics 

Edited by TwilightAngel
2 people like this

Posted (edited)

Lots of revisionist history going on here. People either not around at the time or have bad memories.

KR and RU were mega-servers at the time we were in beta. But they had crap performance. Many faulted the Megaserver. JPN was still 3 separate servers. Many here were worried about performance, hence pushing for separate ones. KR popularity was way down at the time as well, many blamed the server merger. It has since rebounded and doing well.

We can speculate why KR was down at the time, if it was even related to the merger or not. It doesn't really matter. Water under the bridge and all that.

Edited by Luciferia
2 people like this

Posted

You probably believe everything MSM/Gov tells you too. SMH. 

No kidding. But why now. 

U asked he answered. Stop trying to be edgy.

15086388_10155087625470139_220751778_n.t

Posted

Because all the "hardcore l33t" PvPers need node wars to fill the void in their lives.

You get laid with that DP? Or just enjoy being watched by FBI?

Posted

66938800.jpg

Posted

The same trash as some Beta Players forced Kakao to make PvP at 45.

What was the original supposed to be?

Posted

OMFG why is everyone retarded?

Merge is because that whats the devs have done in ALL regions, because believe it or not unlike most of your potatoes Tech has moved on and new/updated games take advantage of it.

Stop with your -----ing tin foil hats ffs

Posted

OMFG why is everyone retarded?

Merge is because that whats the devs have done in ALL regions, because believe it or not unlike most of your potatoes Tech has moved on and new/updated games take advantage of it.

Stop with your -----ing tin foil hats ffs

Well, someone's mad.

Posted

Go read the new world thread they literally tell you in the first paragraph.

I swear.

And since you probably wont because I have a feeling you cant figure it out.

• One World, One Server
    Players in different servers will now be living on the same server if they are in the same region. Experience the authentic open world where everyone in the same region will call home.
  • Ever More Fierce Siege Wars
    Now that everyone will break free from server boundaries, many reputable guilds can compete for nodes or territories. Expect creative strategies from enemies you have never met before.
  • Revitalization of In-Game Economy
    The economy system of Black Desert Online greatly benefits from an active interaction between combat and life contents. With the New World, a single Marketplace will cater a greater number of players, therefore housing an enormous collection of items registered by all the players in the region.

In my opinion:

All which supports there is not enough players now to support a viable / interesting / engaging / profit returning game.

Kakao needs to wake up to the fact NA and EU players HATE the amount or level of RNG in this game. Especially the gear upgrading RNG. If they toned the RNG down you'd find a lot more people active in more aspects of the game.

You see most players hate the RNG because the game is designed as a money sink. A 1 step forward and 2 steps back game. Unless you're a billionaire with a massive amount of passive income if you're like me, the failures and costs in upgrading doesn't generate happiness and good feelings.

Billionaires with millions in passive income a day obviously wouldn't care that much about RNG. What 100 million on Mem Fragments when you'll have that back with one nights sleep? Bugger all right.

Ease up on the RNG, work a way to drain money out of the system another way and I think you'll find a lot more engaging and populated servers.

I love the game, in fact I could see this as the only game I would play for years and years. I would however not recommend the game to anyone in it's current form.

I know there's a counter argument to what I've said, and there may well be something I'm missing in the way I think about the game and my approach to it.

Anyway they are my thoughts at the moment.

Peace.

1 person likes this

Posted

The real reason is that we need to get all the swag at one place. There's not enough atm.

Posted

Only a very low % care about that broken pvp, so they needed to merge the server to have something that look like a healthy "pvp scene"