• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

What's the real reason behind merge?

81 posts in this topic

Posted

@Lemonz Just let them enjoy their tin foil hat party. 

Posted

I think it was probably due to the lack of node and siege warfare participation. combining the 3 servers will increase the competition and the pariticpants.

Posted

Hi all, I've been away for a few months, and based on the announcements it was never clear to me the real reasons behind the merge. Is it due to lack of player population? Thanks.

I have a theory. It's probably wrong BUT it kind of makes sense. . . . . .

There has been server instability since the very beginning.  Everyone has noticed it in one way or another and it's been on the forums also. People always complaining about how the servers suck but they won't fix it. Well, maybe after all this time they came to the realization that they can't, or don't know how? The easy way out is to give up and punt ( replace everything ).  Since down the road there may have been plans to merge onto a mega-server, they decided to do it now since they have to upgrade anyway. SO, they move everyone off of their garbage servers and onto a new one in the hopes that it will be better.

How's that for conspiracy theory?  Sounds good though. lol

Posted

@Lifeless To bring life back

Posted

Not due to player population, there will be 36 channels 12x3. If it was due to population it would be consolidated channels. One main server was the original intent of the developers and people during Beta begged to have separate servers. Bringing the servers together will allow for more competitive node wars and sieges. 

I remember the discussions during Beta and the separate server idea was to have separate PvP, PvE, and RP servers per region.  Maybe PA misunderstood and just gave us 3 separate Open world servers instead? Now it's too late to fix so they consolidate us back into one server as originally intended?

Basically to bring everyone into one larger server with a better functioning economy :)

There is no economy when sellers cannot set their own prices for a competitive market. So, there will never be an economy in BDO.

Posted

Just kakoa undoing all of their mistakes from listening to the community during beta 

Posted

there are two reasons... one must be right...

1. the games dying, server pop is down... merge is the only answer...

2. they should have done this from the start, realising their mistake they now are doing it...

In what fantasy world are you in?  The game was never dying!  Just the opposite really.  Our server was SO crowded all the time the lag was so bad. Just kept getting more crowded and I was thinking about changing servers and starting again. Wife and friends also were thinking it.  Population was never down!

Posted (edited)

you have no definitive proof that it will cause less stress we all just know we got 1 big server and we don't know the capabilities of said server cuz were waiting for it. im assuming its going to be the same experience as the ones we got for the past half year. with that said im ASSUMING it would get worse from here on out because of the population and lack of motivation that pa is going to offer us for better quality in terms of in-game stability cuz lets face it they're already milking this game like its nothin and its headed towards becoming f2p at this point ($5 for this game is already a sign). 

I work with server hardware. They could use the same exact hardware now and because it's a megaserver it would cause less stress because of how megaservers work. 

Edited by Catclaw
1 person likes this

Posted

Think of the merger as the games fig leaf covering up the dying active player base. One guild holding up to 4 castles and all those unclaimed nodes made the game look really bad, dead. While its all smoke and mirrors the merger will seem to breath life back into the game. For a while.

Posted

It IS a conspiracy. I know the real reason, but I'm not going to post it on public discussion thread, much less the official one. If you really want to know, then catch my thread on reddit (obviously not using this name).

Posted

I remember the discussions during Beta and the separate server idea was to have separate PvP, PvE, and RP servers per region.  Maybe PA misunderstood and just gave us 3 separate Open world servers instead? Now it's too late to fix so they consolidate us back into one server as originally intended?

There is no economy when sellers cannot set their own prices for a competitive market. So, there will never be an economy in BDO.

Funny the discussion I remember about mega vs separate servers all about wha wha mega server will mean to spread out, kind of like the 45 PvP thing. "What i can't PK people trying to farm catfish? well golly gosh maria that's not right"

Posted

I dont think it's even related to the playerbase. 

Other versions of BDO have mega servers. KR patches are likely made for mega servers. Translating them to 6 different NA/EU normal servers likely required more work.

PA&Kakao main focus(for a long time) has been bringing the EU/NA version up to speed with the Korean one. So it's only natural we get a simliar server system.

1 person likes this

Posted

I'd say that it's probably because it's how they do it everywhere else and were tired of having to make changes to our updates to fit the three-server model in NA/EU.

Posted

No it wasn't.   The main reason people were against a mega server were big guilds that didn't want to have to compete with other big guilds, they just wanted to rule their server with minimal competition.  The other reason were the PK griefers who whined and cried that they didn't want channels because they wanted to be able to chase someone down and force them to PvP, not just change channels.  They wanted to bully and force people to log off.   Same reason they wanted the PvP cap moved to level 45, so that people could sit at 49.999 and just not do the Belmorn quest... after so many PvE players foolishly bragged how that's what they were planning to do.   Daum wanted a mega server, but they caved and had a vote, it was fairly evenly split between single servers and mega server with channels.   So instead of just picking one and pissing off the other half of the players, they did a "compromise".

Posted

game is not dying but it's definitely waning. lol most new people who join game and try it decide it's almost impossible to catch up to the competitive level so they kinda just dont log on ever again. 

They seriously need to change the level cap system and just implement a level cap and decrease the grind. 

U know what just turn this game into an open world esports pvp game. Classes turn into champions and the whole world is your arena. It's an "open world MOBA" :D no gear. no grind.

Posted

In my opinion:

All which supports there is not enough players now to support a viable / interesting / engaging / profit returning game.

I know there's a counter argument to what I've said, and there may well be something I'm missing in the way I think about the game and my approach to it.

Yeah, the flaw in your opinion is that they are creating a mega server with the same number of channels as we had before.   If there weren't even players, then they would have consolidated the channels into fewer channels... you know, they every other damn game that merges servers when population goes down.  Except that's not what they are doing.  They are simply making it into one mega server, with the same number of channels.  So that means they don't feel the population is too low for the game.  The only thing population is too low on is node wars... because we now have gone from just 3 regions (Balenos, Serendia, and Calpheon) of nodes to fight over, to having all of Mediah and Valencia as well.  That is a huge increase in nodes available compared to when servers launched.  It isn't so much that the population went down but that the node numbers actually increased.

They seriously need to change the level cap system and just implement a level cap and decrease the grind.

Level cap is effectively 62.

Posted

to stimulate ur vag or so the servers arnt one guild dominated any more and guild other than the main 3 have a chance to grow to competeble size cause theres more bodys in server

Posted

didnt bother reading comments,
-
Megaserver was original intent anyway, it was put into a vote between the playerbase, and well shit to many pve players cried their hearts out and well, shit won. like no we want a server that doesnt invovle pvp blah blah and blah blah, and well shit.pve never happened but sure as hell made specific players go into specific servers together. Dont even get me started with that offical rp server nonesense.

Posted

game is not dying but it's definitely waning. lol most new people who join game and try it decide it's almost impossible to catch up to the competitive level so they kinda just dont log on ever again. 

U know what just turn this game into an open world esports pvp game. Classes turn into champions and the whole world is your arena. It's an "open world MOBA" :D no gear. no grind.

Stop trying to compete if you don't wanna make the game your life. Every game regardless of MOBA, MMO whatever requires a fkload of hours to become competitive. If you're not grinding gear, you're grinding skill lul. And it is possible to reach a semi competitive level pretty fast for new players. I invited a friend from LoL to play BDO with me and he's currently 185/227 with 2 piece boss armor and almost lvl 59 in like 3-4 weeks kek. Game's not even hard anymore, never was tbh. 

Posted

The real reason behind merge?

Obviously its an attempt at the  in-game governments to create a #NewWorldOrder.

Posted

Megaserver was original intent anyway, it was put into a vote between the playerbase, and well shit to many pve players cried their hearts out and well, shit won. like no we want a server that doesnt invovle pvp

I thought it was disturbing when they took the players wanting 3 different types of servers: pvp, rp and pve and just made 3 servers that shared the same login server.

Posted

If it hasn't already been mentioned here:

The merge has absolutely NOTHING to do with the population.

There is currently 3 servers (until maintenance ends) with about 10 channels (cant remember if 10 or 12*) per server? Merging them would made 30 channels. However, after the merge, they are giving us a total of 36 channels...

If the servers are being merged due to population decrease, why would they still be giving us extra channels?

*(if the current server count is 12 rather than 10, that would still at up to a total of 36 channels together and still an extremely unnecessary amount of channels if the merge is due to dying population)

So claiming that the servers are dying just because of a merge, means you really do not understand much about this community or the update at all.

Posted (edited)

Hate to break it to you, but the reasons listed on the first page is just MARKETING.

The reason for the merge is because that's how KR and every other setup is running (except JP maybe).  KR merged right around the Ninja/Kuno awakening.  And guess, what, NA/EU is getting a megaserver right around Ninja/Kuno awakening.

Coding-wise they just want to make it the same which is why we are forced into KR patches/balancing that make no sense for NA/EU yet.

Edited by Akunta

Posted

The same trash as some Beta Players forced Kakao to make PvP at 45.

is this why they don't listen to their player base anymore? 

Posted

is this why they don't listen to their player base anymore? 

same group that wanted ghilie nerfs and fish costume nerf