• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Downtime compensation

61 posts in this topic

Posted

So we need bonus for all downtime, extended, plus merged servers, so I'm waiting for that boss armor box( rednose v3 ) or each hour GM box. and yes double Blackstone event. 

Posted

i request compensation for time wasted reading this post

35 people like this

Posted

I need compensation for putting us through of all these compensations.

Posted

it was only a matter of time when these threads would show up !  black stone event as compensation for troubles of posting here ty

Posted

I request compensation for not getting a compensation.

Posted

Entitled much?

3 people like this

Posted

I agree. I'll take a tet ogre for my compensation pls.

Posted

i request compensation for time wasted reading this post

I need compensation for putting us through of all these compensations.

it was only a matter of time when these threads would show up !  black stone event as compensation for troubles of posting here ty

I request compensation for not getting a compensation.

sh... up nabs don't waste my time

1 person likes this

Posted

I ATE AN ENTIRE BLOCK OF CHEESE

5 people like this

Posted

1126.gif

2 people like this

Posted

We are given compensation for their inefficiency...

We are supposed to be happy after receiving compensation...

PATHETIC business practice

Some players stay up late and wait for the said server up-time

PURE DISRESPECT to customer's time.

Posted (edited)

*sigh*

9de09924c9dc78366cbbc5a8fc6206e3.jpg

Edited by Kitamara
3 people like this

Posted

Can we have the website auto-filter the word compensation to some other word....Like JellyBeans. then the post will read "Downtime JellyBeans, I request jellybeans for extended downtime"

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Can we have the website auto-filter the word compensation to some other word....Like JellyBeans. then the post will read "Downtime JellyBeans, I request jellybeans for extended downtime"

i think Nathan Explosion has the best replacement for unpleasant words... "Hamburger Time"

Edited by Acheros
1 person likes this

Posted

I hate the Word "entitled" so much. It is used like 257368 times a day in this forum...

2 people like this

Posted

we don't need anything except punch over tcp/ip ...... :D

Posted (edited)

No, it's because no compensation would be enough. Over time, no matter what you gave, people would ask for bigger and better things. It doesn't matter. You did nothing to DESERVE a reward. It's not a disrespect to YOUR time when you CHOOSE to waste it constantly refreshing to see if the server is up. YOU are the one who decided to spend your time in that way.

Accept that there's going to be problems and it's better to wait a little bit then to be given something laced with bugs. If that was the case, people would ask for compensation anyways. Which would be fair, as they released an unfinished product. But waiting another 3 hours? Come on.

en·ti·tle·ment

/inˈtīdlmənt/

nounnoun: entitlement, plural noun: entitlements

the belief that one is inherently deserving of privileges or special treatment

There are plenty of people who simply know patience. I've seen enough of these posts. 

Edited by Teacow
1 person likes this

Posted

No, it's because no compensation would be enough. Over time, no matter what you gave, people would ask for bigger and better things. It doesn't matter. You did nothing to DESERVE a reward. It's not a disrespect to YOUR time when you CHOOSE to waste it constantly refreshing to see if the server is up. YOU are the one who decided to spend your time in that way.

Accept that there's going to be problems and it's better to wait a little bit then to be given something laced with bugs. If that was the case, people would ask for compensation anyways. Which would be fair, as they released an unfinished product. But waiting another 3 hours? Come on.

en·ti·tle·ment

/inˈtīdlmənt/

nounnoun: entitlement, plural noun: entitlements

the belief that one is inherently deserving of privileges or special treatment

The problem is they claim that the server will be up at a particular time. Guess what? Their customers will believe them and they WILL EXPECT that the servers will be up because they SAID SO.

BAD BUSINESS practice...seriously....pathetic.

Posted

We are given compensation for their inefficiency...

PATHETIC business practice

Go back to your hole,and play minecra...i mean..wow..sorry..almost the same quality game! And ask Bli$$tard for compensation!

Posted

The problem is they claim that the server will be up at a particular time. Guess what? Their customers will believe them and they WILL EXPECT that the servers will be up because they SAID SO.

So they push it back. That's not even a big deal. They're making sure the patch gets released as non bug filled as possible. Yes, you can expect it, but it IS a HUGE change. It's not surprising if it takes a long time. The only time I'd see it as fine is if they pushed it back and the game is STILL filled with gamebreaking bugs and exploits. Otherwise, you can wait. It's not gonna kill you, and you shouldn't feel a need for "compensation" when you can spend your time in other ways.

Posted

You need 13 hours for the update? No problem. We understand. We like updates and improvements. We support that. Announce a 16 hour update. This way you don't OVERPROMISE.

OVERPROMISING IS BAD BUSINESS.

Posted

I completely disagree. I am a Gamer. And as  Gamer, I already EXPECT maintenances to be extended, especially ones involving merging of servers.

1 person likes this

Posted

u sound upset over this issue, do you want to take some time & relax or calm down a bit? i'm sure posting here on the forums like this will not help u. Not worth getting that upset over it.

1 person likes this

Posted

You need 13 hours for the update? No problem. We understand. We like updates and improvements. We support that. Announce a 16 hour update. This way you don't OVERPROMISE.

OVERPROMISING IS BAD BUSINESS.

Or, take into account maybe they didn't know it would take as long either but are still working on it. Are you kidding me? 

1 person likes this

Posted

u sound upset over this issue, do you want to take some time & relax or calm down a bit? i'm sure posting here on the forums like this will not help u. Not worth getting that upset over it.

no , don't tell him to take time off, hes funny , look at the rage :D