• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

character slot is closed

47 posts in this topic

Posted

anyone know how to fix this bug/glitch?

Posted

anyone know how to fix this bug/glitch?

if you give more details, we might be able to help you. 

Posted

Probaly this.

14a. How many character slots will we have after the merge?

The default amount of character slots remains the same, meaning 6, and the maximum amount of characters slots expandable also remains as 12. If you have activated Character Slot Expansion Coupons, they will remain active after the merge. In case that you activated more than 6 Character Slot Expansion Coupons on the same region, you will be refunded the excess amount.

For example:

• Player 1:
    ○ 6 character slots (default) on Server A
    ○ 6 character slots (default) on Server B
    ○ Will have a total of 6 character slots on the New World
  • Player 2:
    ○ 6 character slots (default) on Server A
    ○ 12 character slots (bought 6 more) on Server B
    ○ Will have a total of 12 character slots on the New World
  • Player 3:
    ○ 8 character slots (bought 2 more) on Server A
    ○ Will have a total of 12 character slots on the New World and the 2 character slots left will be refunded.
  • Player 4:
    ○ 12 character slots (bought 6 more) on Server A
    ○ Will have a total of 12 character slots on the New World and the 6 character slots left will be refunded.
  • Player 5:
    ○ 8 character slots (bought 2 more) on Server A
    ○ 8 character slots (bought 2 more) on Server B
    ○ Will have a a total of of 10 character slots on the New World.

14b. What happens if a player ends up with too many characters after the merge?

If a player ends up with more characters than character slots after the merge, characters are sorted from the highest level to the lowest level. However only the first characters in the available slots are playable, and the other characters will be locked. Do not worry, the information of all existing characters will be kept when the merge is completed.

If you delete a character, the next highest level character in line will show up on the list. The characters in locked slots can only be deleted, and they will be automatically deleted after 90 days. All characters created before the merge will have a 10 minute delete confirmation time.

UPDATE: The deletion timer of 10 minutes was not yet implemented, but will be during the maintenance of 7 December. So currently it is still a 24 hour deletion confirmation time.

Posted

The default amount of character slots remains the same, meaning 6, and the maximum amount of characters slots expandable also remains as 12. 

Do not worry, the information of all existing characters is still kept.

In case you didn't purchase any additional character slots and you have more than 6 characters after the server merge, only the first 6 characters with the highest level will be accessible and therefore playable. Any overflown characters will become locked and you will get the message "Character Slot is closed" when trying to log in on that character.
However, if you delete one of your other 6 characters, the next character in a locked slot will become available.

Note that the inactivated characters will be automatically deleted after 90 days.

Best regards,
GM Dew

1 person likes this

Posted

The default amount of character slots remains the same, meaning 6, and the maximum amount of characters slots expandable also remains as 12. 

In case you didn't purchase any additional character slots and you have more than 6 characters after the server merge, only the first 6 characters with the highest level will be accessible and therefore playable. Any overflown characters will become locked and you will get the message "Character Slot is closed" when trying to log in on that character.
However, if you delete one of your other 6 characters, the next character in a locked slot will become available.

Note that the inactivated characters will be automatically deleted after 90 days.

Best regards,
GM Dew

what about Conqueror's Package? i had that but i still only have 6 slots did we not get extra for that?

Posted

I wonder, if you could buy more slots to unlock the characters that are locked?

Posted

Can't acces my lvl 57 witch, but can acces a lvl 5 tamer )

Posted (edited)

what about Conqueror's Package? i had that but i still only have 6 slots did we not get extra for that?

Those with pre-order packages got sent Character Slot Expansion Coupons through mail at launch, and they function just like the coupons bought from the Pearl Shop.

So if you used 2 coupons, it means you now have 8 character slots.

Can't acces my lvl 57 witch, but can acces a lvl 5 tamer )

The order in the character selection screen is not sorted by level, but the character locks should still be. Have you tried actually logging in on those characters?

Best regards,
GM Dew

Edited by GM_Dew

Posted (edited)

Those with pre-order packages got sent Character Slot Expansion Coupons through mail at launch, and they function just like the coupons bought from the Pearl Shop.

So if you used 2 coupons, it means you now have 8 character slots.

The order in the character selection screen is not sorted by level, but the character locks should still be. Have you tried actually logging in on those characters?

Best regards,
GM Dew

What about the loyalty charcter slots, the ones from events, the ones from online time achivment and so on? Did those get refunded too? Would check myself, but you guys have a good patcher -.- NOT

Edited by Chun-Chun

Posted (edited)

Best regards,
GM Dew

Can't do it from ingame, but have to go out to character selection and go to my witch that way.

while trying to log into the tamer from ingame it will bug the whole game out and have to restart the game completly.

Edited by Void_qq

Posted

this is a very serious question. if i use my loyalties to buy the character slot, will my locked character be open?  plz answer

Posted (edited)

this is a very serious question. if i use my loyalties to buy the character slot, will my locked character be open?  plz answer

As far as my knowledge goes it should unlock your locked character, cant guarantee it 100% though as I have no way of testing it by myself

Edited by Sweeziee

Posted

It would be nice if we could at least use the character position to bring the characters we want to play back up while waiting for other server mules to be deleted. Can't play my damn tamer because of this, she is stuck in slot number 8 and inaccessible. Kind of bad that we now lose the chance to play other classes because character slot limit gets killed from 18 to 6 but hey, that's life I guess.

2 people like this

Posted

Yes, the Character Slot Expansion Coupons bought with Loyalties will work.

Best regards,
GM Dew

Posted

Could only exploit playing other characters on the other servers now and getting to keep everything if you shell out cash for slots.

Posted (edited)

Yes, the Character Slot Expansion Coupons bought with Loyalties will work.

Best regards,
GM Dew

Okay so regarding the pre-order character slots, I've been playing since conqueror's package headstart. Now, if you remember along the way, there were free character slots given out, I think when musa/maewha got released. I had 10 characters on Orwen, 2 on Uno, 1 on Edan. In theory since my home server is Orwen, I should be able to access 10 characters, but instead I only have access to 8 and the other alts are locked. Do I need to purchase character slots to unlock them or can they be fixed as they are characters I've made when we were given free character slots?

Thanks

Edited by Narugami

Posted

Okay so regarding the pre-order character slots, I've been playing since conqueror's package headstart. Now, if you remember along the way, there were free character slots given out, I think when musa/maewha got released. I had 10 characters on Orwen, 2 on Uno, 1 on Edan. In theory since my home server is Orwen, I should be able to access 10 characters, but instead all my other alts are locked. Do I need to purchase character slots to unlock them or can they be fixed as they are characters I've made when we were given free character slots?

Thanks

When the game released, the default amount of character slots were 3. Over time, we increased this by 3 for everyone, so now it's 6.

If you had a +1 Character Slot Expansion from the pre-order pack, you now have 7 available Character Slots.

Best regards,
GM Dew

Posted

My wife is telling me that she can't log characters on that are higher level than others and she can't delete any because they're locked. I haven't been able to test mine as I'm at work for a few hours still.

Posted

So am I just suppose to guess which characters are locked? Since the login screen doesn't bother to tell me. I have 14 characters and currently have no way of knowing which ones I actually have access too. I can't even log in characters just to get their gear and use their energy so I can delete them? We still have to wait 24hrs for a character to be deleted?

Posted

i just bought 2 char slots with loyalties and it unblocked my 2 chars from alustin/croxus

works fine for me

Posted

Best regards,
GM Dew

I have a character i would like to delete ( i have 7 slot, and this one is closed as 8th character ) but i cant because it still have ( from the in game reward ) a "cash shop" item.

So i cant delete it at all, nor connect with that character to clear the "cash shop inventory"

And.. well, i dont really want spend 5k loyalty, nor pay for a additionnal character slot / delete one of my 7 other character to get ride of it, how i'am supposed to do that ? :o

Posted

Best regards,
GM Dew

Ok, I cannot play the characters I had on the other servers. I can only delete them.  I get that. But I had 12 characters on my main server, all over 40 or 50 that I want to keep. I also had a bunch of expensive stuff on my other low characters that I want to delete eventually. If I cannot access them at all unless I delete one of my high level characters ( which I won't do ), how can I get my stuff off of them before delete them?

Posted (edited)

So am I just suppose to guess which characters are locked? Since the login screen doesn't bother to tell me. I have 14 characters and currently have no way of knowing which ones I actually have access too. I can't even log in characters just to get their gear and use their energy so I can delete them? We still have to wait 24hrs for a character to be deleted?

The lowest level characters should be the locked ones.

I have a character i would like to delete ( i have 7 slot, and this one is closed as 8th character ) but i cant because it still have ( from the in game reward ) a "cash shop" item.

So i cant delete it at all, nor connect with that character to clear the "cash shop inventory"

And.. well, i dont really want spend 5k loyalty, nor pay for a additionnal character slot / delete one of my 7 other character to get ride of it, how i'am supposed to do that ? :o

You can choose to simply wait for 90 days and the character will be deleted automatically, or you can send in a ticket and we can manually remove the item.

Ok, I cannot play the characters I had on the other servers. I can only delete them.  I get that. But I had 12 characters on my main server, all over 40 or 50 that I want to keep. I also had a bunch of expensive stuff on my other low characters that I want to delete eventually. If I cannot access them at all unless I delete one of my high level characters ( which I won't do ), how can I get my stuff off of them before delete them?

You can send in a ticket here.

Best regards,
GM Dew

Edited by GM_Dew

Posted

I have a level 6 neg karma alt that is all fine and working, a level 11 berzerker which is working, but yet my level 20 valkyrie which was on my HOME channel is locked? As is my level 14 tamer which was NOT on my home server.. And yet a level 35 witch also not on my home server I am able to play.. There doesn't seem to be any kind of logic to the locks, it just seems like it took whoever they decided to throw at the bottom of my character selection into a lock without regard to level.

Posted

When the game released, the default amount of character slots were 3. Over time, we increased this by 3 for everyone, so now it's 6.

If you had a +1 Character Slot Expansion from the pre-order pack, you now have 7 available Character Slots.

Best regards,
GM Dew

Alright, so in theory, since I only have 3 "extra" characters (2 from Uno, 1 from Edan), only 3 characters should be locked, right? I have 4 characters locked right now...