• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

How does Olvia server work?

26 posts in this topic

Posted

You get 200% xp for 30 days? Is that the extent of it? And then can you transfer off Olvia to the World server?

Wait... by Olvia server do they mean Olvia channel?  I seem to remember that's how it was on KR server, its a special channel with permanent 200% xp bonus for 30 days.

Posted

Yes Olivia Channel, 

there is information on this in the patch notes

Posted

It's a catch up mechanic for returning players 

Posted

Yes Olivia Channel, 

there is information on this in the patch notes

No, in the patch notes it says Server, they need to change it to Channel

Starting this Friday (Dec. 2nd) we will open the Olvia Servers.

• The Olvia servers are special servers that provide 200% EXP for new and returning players on characters over level 30.  To enter these servers you must have a new account (Made on or after Dec. 1st with the Opening of the New World!) or have been absent from the game for 30 days.  Players who meet these requirements will be able to login to these servers.  Please note there are a few key points about these new servers.

• Olvia Servers do not have world bosses

• Olvia Servers do not have horse races

• Olvia Servers do not participate in sieges or node wars

• Olvia Servers do not participate in the Red Battlefield

• After 30 days you will not be able to access the Olvia servers.

• The Bonus EXP from the Olvia Servers will not stack with other EXP Bonus Events.

Posted

They are channels. You can see them on the list when you log in. So you will be able to transfer, yes.

Posted

To confirm....

Since I logged in on Nov. 29th and my first time playing friend who made his account on the 29th as well will not be eligible to use this server?

1 person likes this

Posted

To confirm....

Since I logged in on Nov. 29th and my first time playing friend who made his account on the 29th as well will not be eligible to use this server?

Correct, its only for people who access the game now, after the patch 

Posted

Weak sauce. I want the KR version for ppl under level 58 ^_^. Not sure they have a time restriction on theirs or not, non-grinder just looking to "catch-up" to 58 ^_^

1 person likes this

Posted

Too bad I came back to the game a month too early. Returned about a month ago and could use some serious catch up lol

2 people like this

Posted

Quite lame tbh, people will easily take 60 fast with this, meanwhile i'm at 59 as a returning player who won't be able to join this server <.<

1 person likes this

Posted

This totally sucks since i returned only a few days before this and it was only for a few hours to try out the ninja and help my pal learn a bit.  I got really screwed over... I am a little miffed they should make this accessible for all new toons.

Posted

If thoses devs didnt setup such dumb #ss progression, but a "smoother" one instead they wouldnt have the need to setup all thoses "catch up" mechanic.

That game make no sense most of the time.

2 people like this

Posted

They really need to fix this so us newer players who desperately need help catching up can use this channel. I bought the game a week ago, I should be able to use this. Please @CM_Aethon can you look into this for us?

1 person likes this

Posted

I have a friend who was offline for 200 days. He logged in for the first time 12 hours before maintenance, it'll be a bummer if he can't access those channels :/

1 person likes this

Posted

Those channels should be changed to work such that anyone can go as long as they don't have a level 58 or higher character on their account.  Once you hit 58 you're out.  No other limitations.

3 people like this

Posted

So if I have this right, I haven't been active for awhile so if I make a whole new character I have to level it to 30 first then I can join the Olvia server.

Posted

To enter these servers you must have a new account (Made on or after Dec. 1st with the Opening of the New World!) or have been absent from the game for 30 days

Aw... That's a bummer. Was wondering why I'm basically new and still couldn't access those channels. I started playing less than a week ago or so, a few final days right before the merge, guess I screwed myself by not waiting a little. :|

1 person likes this

Posted

Its really stupid to limit catch-up servers like that. It should be "kick after reaching lvl 58" and "can youn if your family doesn't own a lvl 58+ char".

2 people like this

Posted

Does it give x2 CP as well or just combat xp?

Posted

I returned to game and have 100% xp boost wheres this 200% xp? 

Posted

Ah i shot myself in the foot with this one lol.... I returned to BDO so i can prepare a few items and silver ready for the Dark Knight. 

Agree it should be like once your specific toon(s) reach lvl58 thats when the character(s) are barred from entering

Posted

I've only been playing the game for 35 days and I only just now learned about the Olvia server... probably 5 days too late to even use it. Well, I guess I screwed myself there. They should really have more documentation about this for new players.

Posted

So I just got booted off the Olvia channels, if i were to take a month off and come back, would I be able to access them again?

Posted

So I just got booted off the Olvia channels, if i were to take a month off and come back, would I be able to access them again?

if you don't log in for 30 days

Posted

Time to log out for 30 days :D 

TBH, it isn't worth logging out for 30 days unless you simply can't be bothered to get on. Sure, you get double xp, for characters over 30 but you can only reach 59.999 on those servers. Then you have to think about all the time you could have had workers crafting or farming mats. In the end it just isn't worth it and you would be significantly better off just playing on the regular servers. :/ If it gave 2x skill, life skill, combat xp, drop rate and 2x worker returns then it would probably be a different story but spending 30 days off only to get 60 days worth of xp for 29.999 levels, nope. (Not to mention you can't do World Bosses there...) Yea, people can switch at anytime during the period but what is the point if you aren't going to play on those servers?