• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

so we have to wait 24 hours to get 1 character back.......??

15 posts in this topic

Posted

soo i had 13 characters but some of the ones i want to keep are near the bottom of the list and i have to wait 24 hours before i can get to the next one then wait another 24 hours for the next one untill i get the chars i need....and on top of that i had Conqueror's Package and only have 6 slots not so we miss out on them slots not also?

Posted (edited)

Your missing slots are most likely a mistake, but 

http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/119305-faq-the-new-world/

that has been up and easily navigated to from the home page since November 9th.

If you look at it, it breaks down how the character situation works for this merge in detail.
I can understand people not always reading every bit of news or patch notes but when it's a server merge common sense should have kicked in at some point to look into the details so you wouldn't be surprised by anything other than delays. 
The 24 hour deletion has been a thing since launch.

Edited by Blasphemia
1 person likes this

Posted

Your missing slots are most likely a mistake, but 

http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/119305-faq-the-new-world/

that has been up and easily navigated to from the home page since November 9th.

If you look at it, it breaks down how the character situation works for this merge in detail.
I can understand people not always reading every bit of news or patch notes but when it's a server merge common sense should have kicked in at some point to look into the details so you wouldn't be surprised by anything other than delays. 
The 24 hour deletion has been a thing since launch.

yeah my issue is my main is in the last slot so i have to delete 7 chars so 7 days to be able to play on it 

Posted (edited)

14b. What happens if a player ends up with too many characters after the merge?

If a player ends up with more characters than character slots after the merge, characters are sorted from the highest level to the lowest level. However only the first characters in the available slots are playable, and the other characters will be locked. Do not worry, the information of all existing characters will be kept when the merge is completed.

If you delete a character, the next highest level character in line will show up on the list. The characters in locked slots can only be deleted, and they will be automatically deleted after 90 days. All characters created before the merge will have a 10 minute delete confirmation time.

UPDATE: The deletion timer of 10 minutes was not yet implemented, but will be during the maintenance of 7 December. So currently it is still a 24 hour deletion confirmation time.

^^^ - they are making it 10 minutes after next weeks patch. 

Edited by Nitche

Posted

yeah my issue is my main is in the last slot so i have to delete 7 chars so 7 days to be able to play on it 

Your main was your lowest level character?

Posted

Please note that the order of your characters in the Character Selection screen does not match the order of locked characters.

Best regards,
GM Dew

Posted

I am asking this myself.

Posted (edited)

soo i had 13 characters but some of the ones i want to keep are near the bottom of the list and i have to wait 24 hours before i can get to the next one then wait another 24 hours for the next one untill i get the chars i need....and on top of that i had Conqueror's Package and only have 6 slots not so we miss out on them slots not also?

They said the CD for deleting characters after the merge is only 10 minutes.

No. CD is ONLY 10 minutes per deletion. Not working for you?  Sorry, just saw the update.

14b. What happens if a player ends up with too many characters after the merge?

If a player ends up with more characters than character slots after the merge, characters are sorted from the highest level to the lowest level. However only the first characters in the available slots are playable, and the other characters will be locked. Do not worry, the information of all existing characters will be kept when the merge is completed.

If you delete a character, the next highest level character in line will show up on the list. The characters in locked slots can only be deleted, and they will be automatically deleted after 90 days. All characters created before the merge will have a 10 minute delete confirmation time.

UPDATE: The deletion timer of 10 minutes was not yet implemented, but will be during the maintenance of 7 December. So currently it is still a 24 hour deletion confirmation time.

^^^ - they are making it 10 minutes after next weeks patch. 

Ok, I cannot play the characters I had on the other servers. I can only delete them.  I get that. But I had 12 characters on my main server, all over 40 or 50 that I want to keep. I also had a bunch of expensive stuff on my other characters I want to delete eventually. If I cannot access them at all, how can I get my stuff off of them before I delete them?

Edited by mijorious

Posted (edited)

i mean my fav class is my main but they are all the same level 

Edited by purple245

Posted

They said the CD for deleting characters after the merge is only 10 minutes.

No. CD is ONLY 10 minutes per deletion. Not working for you?  Sorry, just saw the update.

Ok, I cannot play the characters I had on the other servers. I can only delete them.  I get that. But I had 12 characters on my main server, all over 40 or 50 that I want to keep. I also had a bunch of expensive stuff on my other characters I want to delete eventually. If I cannot access them at all, how can I get my stuff off of them before I delete them?

Stack your contribution into one warehouse somewhere and pile all those goods into the warehouse then delete the character 

Posted

I also had a bunch of expensive stuff on my other characters I want to delete eventually. If I cannot access them at all, how can I get my stuff off of them before I delete them?

If you cannot access them it's because they have a lower level than your other characters and you should have removed all expensive stuff from their inventory cause you knew they were going to be locked/deleted.

Posted

Stack your contribution into one warehouse somewhere and pile all those goods into the warehouse then delete the character 

Thats the issue. I cannot access the characters I had on the other servers. Example:

Main server = 12 characters ( all over 40 and 50 ) Keeping all.
server #2 = 1 character ( expensive stuff on it I want to get )  Will delete afterwards.
server #3 = 1 character ( expensive stuff on it I want to get )  Will delete afterwards.

So now I have 14 characters and cannot access the lowest 2 to get my items off of them before deletion.

Posted

I cannot believe that they said there would be a 10 minute deletion wait time that got screwed up and now saying it won't go in until the next maintenance which is NEXT WEEK. Are you kidding me?! By the time that's patched in who's going to actually need it? By then I can have all of mine manually deleted it.

Patch it is NOW imo.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Thats the issue. I cannot access the characters I had on the other servers. Example:

server #2 = 1 character ( expensive stuff on it I want to get )  Will delete afterwards.
server #3 = 1 character ( expensive stuff on it I want to get )  Will delete afterwards.

So now I have 14 characters and cannot access the lowest 2 to get my items off of them before deletion.

They why didn't you plan ahead and put all that stuff in the warehouses?  You had tons of warehouses you could have dumped it all in.   You could also have simply leveled those two other characters to level 50 so that they would be higher than your main server characters so you could then just move stuff off them and delete them.  You had plenty of time to prepare for this.  They explained exactly what they were doing and you should have forseen this problem easily.  This is exactly why I spent a couple hours to level those characters above my main server alts.

Edited by Jaradis
1 person likes this

Posted

Well that's your problem they said on many occasions they will not be accessible and can only be deleted, so they said to make sure you had everything you wanted to keep in your warehouse as they would all get merged.