• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Patching Stuck | Character Slot Issues - 12/1/2016

75 posts in this topic

Posted

Greetings Adventurers,

We've had reports of Players having the patcher display being frozen at 48%, while understandably confusing the program in most cases is actually still downloading and patching correctly. Our team is working on resolving the issue with the display and we'll update once this has been resolved. Some folks have reported corrupt files / download errors that are causing some problems with their ability to actually patch the game.

For these people we do have a help article that many users have reported as resolving the problem and allowing them to patch.

[ Alternative Download ]

In addition to the above methods we have an alternative download method with instructions that may prove the best solution for those who are continuing to encounter problems with the other fixes.

[ Character Slot Closed ]

Those of you encountering some difficulty changing characters with the message "Character Slot Closed" can still change to the correct characters via actual character selection screen (rather than the quick change provided in the escape menu, which is not organized by character level).

Posted (edited)

Happy Filecheck Day 2016!

Edited by Jojo
4 people like this

Posted (edited)

Damn Jojo beat me! 

Edited by Infe

Posted

Cool, happy im not the only one..

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Still no fix to the 67% corruption.

at the patch at 67% it corrupts.

then it verifies till 25%, from 25% to 70% it downloads 20 gigabytes!, from 70 to 90 it verifies, and from 90 to 100% it downloads another 4 GB.

then it tries to download and patch 1.4 gb

fails at 67%.

repeat forever  (I'm up to 6th rotation now.)

ends with this every time:

[12/01/2016::11:24:01] [MSG] RTPatch file name : bin\BlackDesert32.exe

[12/01/2016::11:24:06] [MSG] 2

[12/01/2016::11:24:06] [MSG] 2

[12/01/2016::11:24:06] [MSG] RTPatch Error : 40, Filesize : 103227760 bytes

[12/01/2016::11:24:10] [MSG] DaumGame Global Launcher is ended.

Edited by Pleasance

Posted

C'mon Kakao, this is a Windows 10 type of bug. Are you really telling me you're not better than windows 10? xD 

Posted

Delated checking file. Now download without check slow like a shit...5-6 hours...wtf

Posted

The thing is that this is the same problem a lot of people are having, there should be a solution that works for everyone that isnt re-download the whole game all over again.

Posted

file updates to 48% - later download speed drops to almost zero, and after a while begins again to update the file to 57% - here unfortunately I get an error file. Every time is the same, does not help checking files. Before updating the game to function normally, so ....

Posted

yeah i tried all the things that should helped but nothing helped....

now the launcher is "checking" the files but at 21% the speed goes down and down and my ethernet says that i'm downloading something -.-

i mean c'mon how long does it take to check the files on a ssd? 

i don't want to download 30gb of BDO again with 8,2 mbits per second

Posted

Deleting the " Check File " , Doesn't actually cause the entire game to re write. It does cause, the entire game to be compared, and over written where needed.

I have used it many times, with great rewards, such as a playable BDO .

Our launcher, unlike the print screens I have seen of other markets launchers, does not have a button (  unfortunately ) that 

would make doing a file check seem  much less intimidating to most players.

Not say'n It'll be the cure all, I just wish All the best of luck. 

Posted

Attempting a file repair is easy:
1. Go to the Black Desert Online installation folder. (Usually C:/Program Files(x86)/Black Desert Online).
2. Rename the following file: version.dat to config.filecheck.
3. Restart the launcher and it will repair your game files.

Please note that, it may look like it is (re)download a massive amount of data but it will actually only download damaged files after checking the whole install.

If the problem persists, continue below:
1. Go to Log folder in your installation directory, and choose the latest created "Client" log file.
2. The corrupted .PAZ file should be mentioned in the second from last line, delete it from the Paz folder
3. Repeat if necessary.

i dont even have these files kakao wtf is this..

Posted

for me its already like 20 times with this shit corrupted file....

Posted

This is what I did when I repeatedly received the corrupted file error:

Go to your root BDO folder and delete the following files: config.filecheck & version.dat (if you dont have it, it's fine). 

Basically what it did, it skipped my file scanning process and downloads the client pretty much from scratch. Although it pretty much skips the download for the whole client and only downloads the patch itself - You will see some unusual download speeds. Then the patch did apply flawlessly. 

I'm not sure if this works for everyone though. Also make a backup of those 2 files, just in case.

Posted (edited)

WHY do you don´t upload the patch today in a zip like so much other developer it do??? It´s much easier..I though WOW NOW THEY UPLOADED THE PATCH FOR MANUEL INSTALL...I downloadet it and WTF....41,3GB....TY!

This is what I did when I repeatedly received the corrupted file error:

Go to your root BDO folder and delete the following files: config.filecheck & version.dat (if you dont have it, it's fine). 

Basically what it did, it skipped my file scanning process and downloads the client pretty much from scratch. Although it pretty much skips the download for the whole client and only downloads the patch itself - You will see some unusual download speeds. Then the patch did apply flawlessly. 

I'm not sure if this works for everyone though. Also make a backup of those 2 files, just in case.

Nah, it download the whole game, also the 41 GB on my pc...and when it reaches 24% it decrease the downloadspeed from 50MB to 25MB and than each second -0,01MB to 0MB and stuck, I don´t come over 40%

Edited by Kyocera

Posted

WHY do you don´t upload the patch today in a zip like so much other developer it do??? It´s much easier..I though WOW NOW THEY UPLOADED THE PATCH FOR MANUEL INSTALL...I downloadet it and WTF....41,3GB....TY!

Nah, it download the whole game, also the 41 GB on my pc...

Well, it skipped the client file itself in my case. I have a download speed of 10MB/s and the download finished in 10 min (time to download current patch) with 160MB/s displayed. But as I said, I'm not sure if it actually does this or just happen coincidentally. 

Posted

Nah, it download the whole game, also the 41 GB on my pc...and when it reaches 24% it decrease the downloadspeed from 50MB to 25MB and than each second -0,01MB to 0MB and stuck, I don´t come over 40%

same

Posted

In my case: run BDO as an administrator worked.

Posted

its every patch notes.. KAKAO most ********* company.. every patch corupted files.. every maintanance is for Guinesse record book.. are you normal?

Posted (edited)

Greetings Adventurers,

We've had reports of Players having the patcher display being frozen at 48%, while understandably confusing the program in most cases is actually still downloading and patching correctly. Our team is working on resolving the issue with the display and we'll update once this has been resolved. Some folks have reported corrupt files / download errors that are causing some problems with their ability to actually patch the game.

For these people we do have a help article that many users have reported as resolving the problem and allowing them to patch.

[ Alternative Download ]

In addition to the above methods we have an alternative download method with instructions that may prove the best solution for those who are continuing to encounter problems with the other fixes.

Not sure if this alternative method actually works.. i used it to redownload the whole game... then followed the instructions, that tool took less than a sec to do some stuff i don't know about and nothing happened ever after so right now i've started the BDO Updater and am redownloading the whole game once again since it doesn't seem like the tool has done anything <.<

Even at 9MB/s it's gonna take a while so i'll update you later whether i can actually download it all right now or if it gets stuck.

Red.

Edited by RedThunder

Posted

I had issues with file corruption at 48%, 60% and 67%. I fixed this problem with disabling both antivirus, windows firewall AND deleting the last .paz file i found from the logs. For me i think it was PAD004427.paz. After that i ran the patching, got again corrupted at 67%. Repair after that, was much smoother and faster. After repair got 100mb patch compared to 1,04 or 1,41 gb. 

Hope this helps.

Posted (edited)

Yeah same problem... Launcher stops updating at 48%.  Speed slowly dropping to nothing, estimated wait time climbing.  I haven't got the free time required to troubleshoot this, and just won't re-download the entire game, so I'll just try again another day and hope they've fixed it.  I did expect a lot of issues today, though I had hoped I'd at least be able to log in and look over my belongings to make sure everything transferred.  Seems I'll have to wait for that though.

************Oddly, right after I wrote this it has resumed downloading, so just leaving it sit even though it looks like it isn't doing anything *may* work. 

Edited by Emily Estelle
Adding something

Posted (edited)

Ok, I never posted at the Forums because I like to be behind the curtains but maybe it helps others to let them know, how I got the game finally running.

BDO Europe Installation

System Info:

Running OS is Windows 10 64 Bit, 32 GB Kingston Hyper X Ram,

latest Asus Strix Geforce, Samsung SSD Drives, Intel CPU., ASUS MB

-> All latest Drivers

. AV Windows Essential (deactivated during patch attempts)

. Firewall allows BDO in and out.

- 100Mbit Network

What did not work:

I did follow every single suggestion and advise for fixing the game since patch was out (even downloading the game did not help). So yes, absolutely nothing did work, also the mentioned files to be deleted where not existent on my drives. The provided link at top of this Topic contains advises what to try but also none of that did help.

What did work:

My last attempt was downloading the BCAB (download is very slow) and the tool provided.

1. Uninstall BDO (use the installer you can download from your account).

2. Download the BCAB file & the Tool, after download remove the numbers of the BCAB filename.

3. Copy or move both files after downloading into your BDO Installation ROOT.

4. Start the Tool (it took the tool roughly 3 or 4 minutes to finish) DO NOT run the Launcher before its finished!

5. Start BDO from your Desktop, it will patch ~100MB and you are done.

Edited by Loushu