• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Patching Stuck | Character Slot Issues - 12/1/2016

75 posts in this topic

Posted

I hadn't corrupted file, but my download speed drasticaly droped. I downloaded 42 GB game without changing/ deleting files

From 0-21% in 10 min then till 61% took several hours (4h to be honest) then rest in 15 min.

This was on both my PC and laptop but affected only to download the game - and the internet I have from two independent suppliers

Posted (edited)

Well, thanks for a nice day of endless file checking/patching and downloading. Its 9PM and I'm still not able to play the game. I've expected bugs, lags or something like that after merge, but I didn't expect that some of us won't be even able to play the game anymore. Sigh, disappointed.

same I've been trying to patch since the servers went online, but i've been stuck in endless patching->corrupted>file check loop....

at the moment file check is working at the speed of 0,88mbs :S (1h 50mins and 2% progress)

Edit: 

File check corrupted itself and needs to start again... (maybe if gods allow I'll be able to log on xmas)

Edited by Misaka

Posted

Considering Windows 10 is an operating system, and BDO is an application that runs inside that container - makes your statement sound equivalent to asking the manufacturer of your Hello Kitty steering wheel cover in your Diablo if they are better than Lamborghini !

So.... Are you trying to tell me that Hello Kitty steering wheel in Diablo isn't better than Lamborghini steering wheel? :$

Posted

So basically we need to redownload almost 42gb of stuff because someone is incompetent can't do his job? WOW

Posted (edited)

For this ----- merge need to redownload  41 gb.... omfg ! my dow is 600/kbs ----- you wtf.

p.s thank u so much rly .....

Edited by oracl3

Posted

This is what I did.

(I do not have BDO installed on my C drive, but on another drive so I can see whats happening)

1st)  Learned long time ago to shut down completely my antivirus tool when doing anything BDO

2nd) Start BDO client. It starts patching.

3rd)  The red bar stops at 48%, however it is working hard in the background on the BDO installation folder. it brings my drive to 84-100%. This takes about 10min on my pc with magnetic disk. So, its not broken just taking time patching your drive.

4th)  Red bar stops again at 86%. Same thing happens, its working hard on the BDO installation folder. My drive utilization is at about 100%

5th)  Red bar still stops at 86%, drive utilization has stopped, nothing seems to happen. Then after a couple of minutes it starts working on my C drive, 80-100% utilization. Then nothing happens anymore. I wait for a long tiime, then close the client.

6th)  After waiting for a bit I run the client again. It starts doing the last 100MB of the patch and finishes.

This took a couple of hours. So the patchclient is definately bugged. But it can be finished. The real problem is not at 48%, but at 86%.

Posted

To the Devs and Kakao, if you know what is wrong with the launcher, WHY ARE YOU NOT FIXING IT instead of giving "backdoor" solutions?

Posted (edited)

Okay renamed file to config.filecheck as advised, little apprehensive as its downloaded 1.95 gb so far of the 1.4 gb patch are you really sure its not going to download the 41.26 gb displayed in the download file. ill be really pissed if it does as you stated it wouldn't and I'm on Adsl2.

5.29 gb  11.26 hours still after 2 hours beginning to look like an untruth has been told....

14.23 gb 7.50 hours remaining thanks so much for a wasted 2 days not only does this prevent me from playing another game that requires internet access but your download system is so retarded that if I interrupt to do something else it will penalize me by requiring the download to start from the beginning again Thanks so much I realize its unintended but it really don't help online games in general when stuff ups like this occur.  Quote below

Attempting a file repair is easy:
1. Go to the Black Desert Online installation folder. (Usually C:/Program Files(x86)/Black Desert Online).
2. Rename the following file: version.dat to config.filecheck.
3. Restart the launcher and it will repair your game files.

Please note that, it may look like it is (re)download a massive amount of data but it will actually only download damaged files after checking the whole install.

If the problem persists, continue below:
1. Go to Log folder in your installation directory, and choose the latest created "Client" log file.
2. The corrupted .PAZ file should be mentioned in the second from last line, delete it from the Paz folder
3. Repeat if necessary.

Edited by darkwind
update

Posted

i wanna find out why my wife account when she logged into the game today she got a bunch of downtime compensation rewards for ther extra downtime but when i logged into my account i got nothing. Anyone else have any issue like this 

Posted

Okay, this one should work for you all. Since i have tried all the things Kakao and you in this topic had suggested, and neither of them worked.

So, as i have quite a lot know how of how pc's work i tested my own method, and this worked amazingly well :)

So here we go, and please follow this step by step and dont scold me or whatever if its not working for you. If it didnt work, then you did something wrong, as ive made around 10 friends happy with this method, and it all worked for them..

It takes a bit of time to do this all, but it nevertheless should work:

1: First of all, completely disable anti virus, and windows defender. Windows defender is not really needed to shut down i think, but for this method i have disabled it.
To check if your anti virus is shut down, press ctrl alt delete and start task manager, or right click on your task bar and select task manager, to fire it up.
1a: In the task manager check both the first tab (processes) and the second to last tab (details) and make sure by right clicking and choosing exit, that everything in these 2 tabs relating to your anti virus, everything has shut down.

2: Start the bdo launcher and let it patch to 48%. Wait 3-4 minutes afterwards, but before it should continue (after 10 minutes this will start) completely exit the bdo launcher completely.

3: Unplug your router/modem so that it dont have power anymore. You can let the data cable still in. We only need to give it all a soft reset.

4: After 1-3 minutes or 30 seconds (depending on wheter you using a router or modem or both) plug the power back on and wait untill internet works like normal again. (test this by going to a random webpage and to download a random small file.)

5: After this its best to reboot your pc, but since we need to reboot after a following step, you may as well wait and reboot after that step.

6: Open command prompt as administrator. Press start, type cmd, right click on command prompt and choose run as administrator

7: Type ipconfig /renew and press enter

8: Type ipconifg /flushdns and press enter

9: Right click the network icon in your taskbar (right hand size next to the upward pointing arrow)

10: At connections click the link thats showing your connection. In my case this is ehternet, but it could be different for you

11: Next choose properties, and then highlight ipv4 and make sure a check mark is in the box before it, and then underneath it click properties again.

12: In the next window there are 2 main things to change. But the upper half of the window we keep it as it is, but the lower half we going to change the values

13: Make sure that in prefered dns server the following is written: 8.8.8.8 To go to the place after the big "dot" press space or click the area you need. (both this dns server and the dns server in the next step is public google dns one. This makes your internet more stable)

14: In the alternative dns server type 8.8.4.4 and after that click ok, and then reboot your pc. (this is needed sinc otherwise your pc isnt going to save the changes we made from step 7 untill now.

15: When your back in windows, disable the antivirus and windows defender again like we did in step 1 and 1a.

16: Go to your bdo install folder (normally c:\program files (x86)\black desert online, but in my case its f:program files (x86)\black desert online) and then right click version.dat and click rename.

17: Very important: Make sure that everything is blue from its name by highlighting the text, and then type config.filecheck and then press enter. When it asks you wether you want to change the file extension click yes.

18: Make sure you only have the config.filecheck in your folder now and that version.dat is gone! Also a very important step this.

19: Run the bdo launcher again and it should verify the files and when needed it should redownload some. This takes some time, since in my case sometimes the speed dropped to very low (like only 2mb per second instead of the usual 40mb per second or so, when verifying files)

20: When it reaches a percentage where it needs to redownload some stuff, you wont see the percentage going up as fast as it should be. So then check your task manager and see if blackdesert online has some internet activity.

21: Eventually the verifying and redownloading stuff is done, and now just re open the launcher again as admin, and it should only have 100mb to download left.

22: After that 100mb is done, you can play again :)

So now when you done this steps, you basicly have made your internet connection brand new again (by going from steps 7 to 15) and you have repaired bdo, and have patched bdo! What could be better then all this 3 :)

Anyway, let me know if this have worked for you, and if not i can probally assist you with this.

Cheers from Mara

Posted

For me restarting the PC worked just fine. I had a check after a corrupt file about 5 times.

Posted

for Character Slot Closed on the in-game char slot, just go delete the Black desert folder on Documents.  but this will delete your settings and quick slots.

I think "GameOption.txt" is the one that saves settings? not 100% sure but if u want to save ur settings just delete other ones.

PS this folder contains screenshots so if you want to keep screenshots move the folder or dont delete that folder.

Posted

My characters were merged apparently at random...now the characters who I left gear with are inaccessible

I suppose it's no biggie...i will just delete characters until I get the one I want in a slot I can use...but why do you guys keep giving us misleading info? And what other things are totally different to the info in the New World FAQ's?

Posted

Cannot access any for my non-Croxus characters with 'Character Slot Closed' both from the quick change and character selection screen, how long until a fix?

Posted

Cannot access any for my non-Croxus characters with 'Character Slot Closed' both from the quick change and character selection screen, how long until a fix?

The characters below the sixth slot will only be accessible if you bought extra character slots. But you can move characters up.and down the list to get at the ones you want. to use. I am pretty sure they wont let us move characters around the list indefinitely tho...so best get the ones you want to keep in activated slots while you can.

Posted

So.... Are you trying to tell me that Hello Kitty steering wheel in Diablo isn't better than Lamborghini steering wheel? :$

A Hello Kitty steering wheel cover inside a Laborghini Diablo,  isn't better than the Lamborghini -  never will be.  Essentially comparing an element (accesory) inside the greater whole can never be better or fairly compared to the greater whole.  So the comparison made between BDO being greater than windows - it is not possible given windows is required to host the game - if windows didn't work,  there would be no game -- pretty simple logic :)

Posted

A Hello Kitty steering wheel cover inside a Laborghini Diablo,  isn't better than the Lamborghini -  never will be.  Essentially comparing an element (accesory) inside the greater whole can never be better or fairly compared to the greater whole.  So the comparison made between BDO being greater than windows - it is not possible given windows is required to host the game - if windows didn't work,  there would be no game -- pretty simple logic :)

So.... no bdo for linux? :/ 

Posted (edited)

Me either....

The characters below the sixth slot will only be accessible if you bought extra character slots. But you can move characters up.and down the list to get at the ones you want. to use. I am pretty sure they wont let us move characters around the list indefinitely tho...so best get the ones you want to keep in activated slots while you can.

Right but... 6 slots normal (4 initial, 2 extra added by Daum) + 3 conqueror pack + bought 2 (possibly 3)

Now unless I'm losing my mind that's 11.  I have 12 characters (10 from old server, 2 from supplemental servers) for a grand total of 12.  At the most there should be 1-2 characters I'm not able to access. I can't get into 4 of them. Am I missing something? Not going to lie, FAQ 14 is just confusing to me.  What the fuzz...throwing in a ticket.

Edited by Trixologist

Posted (edited)

I had 9 char on orwen, 2 on edan and 1 on uno. After the merge, I can only access 10 of them out of 12.

Edited by BurningBern

Posted (edited)

I had 9 char on orwen, 2 on edan and 1 on uno. After the merge, I can only access 10 of them out of 12.

if u only had 4 extra char slots that u bought, u cannot access the other 2.

go read the FAQ page about the server merge it tells u :)

Edited by japtic
1 person likes this

Posted

They forgot the most easy way, instead rename delete the file version.dat or config.filecheck the installed may a different check of all the file from the site and sped very less time than check all the file. This worked all the time I had the problem with the error. 

Posted

After reinstalling, I noticed I lost 95% of all my workers...

Posted

para la  ranura carácter cerrado  de la ranura de carbón en el juego, sólo tiene que ir borrar la carpeta Negro desierto en los documentos. pero esto eliminará la configuración y las ranuras rápidas.

Creo que "GameOption.txt" es el que guarda la configuración? no es 100% seguro, pero si quieres guardar la configuración ur simplemente eliminar otros.

PS esta carpeta contiene capturas de pantalla por lo que si desea mantener las capturas mover la carpeta o dont eliminar esa carpeta.

No work for me.

Posted (edited)

I don't know if it was mentioned before but my merged chars are stuck into the slots they were moved to, meaning:

1-8 Home Server Chars

9-10 Merged Chars

11-12 Home Server Chars

I can arrange the order of 1-8 the way I want but i can only move 9-10 (merged chars) to slots 9-10-11-12 but not up. Same for the 1-8 chars cannot be moved after slot 9 (the 1st slot with a merged char) and the 11-12 chars cannot be moved up to slots 1-8. Can we please have this fixed? 

Edited by Isteria

Posted

For these people we do have a help article that many users have reported as resolving the problem and allowing them to patch.

If the problem persists, continue below:
1. Go to Log folder in your installation directory, and choose the latest created "Client" log file.

Its not the Client log file its the last Launcher log file you need to look for. The corrupted PAZ file is PAD04427.PAZ just delete it and do the filecheck should work afterwards did it for my friends too and it worked