• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Massive FPS drops after merge patch

46 posts in this topic

Posted

So downloading the new patch after the merge I had the same issues where the game wont really load the patch like some people had, after a few times of getting stuck and checking files after getting the error it went on and the game started to boot and all was well.

However the black screen when loading the game after getting the Kakao Games logo seems to take about 4-5 minutes before the "Start Quit Settings" menu appears, it has gotten very slow and takes a lot longer.

Before the patch and merge I ran around in towns with 40-50 FPS and all settings set to high very high, and about 50-60 FPS out and about, to being below 20 in towns and out and about, as well as massive drops to 1-3 FPS for a second or two before climbing up again. Each time I talk to a NPC, open the Settings, open the Store or Character Apperance editor the same FPS drop happens

I've tried resetting the settings several times.

I've tried running the game at both 1080, 1440(What I usually play at since 4k is to much and the UI becomes to small even with scaling at max) and 2160(native)

I've scowered through and fiddled with and reset the settings in Nvidia control panel

I've installed the newest driver 

I've tried to rollback the driver

I've tried to Reinstall the driver entierly.

Anyone else having issues with the FPS  dropping to 1 for a few seconds?

1 person likes this

Posted

I still do have high framerates but the whole game STUTTERS like crazy since the patch (Win10, GTX1070), unplayable now.

Posted

yeah me 2 since patch i have 5 min black screen after that i can log in.

so in game i have MAX 3 -5 fps? before the patch i can run at full settings with smooth 40 fps ??????????

now set the grapiks to minimun an what we have? 3-5 fps......

Posted

Lowering graphic details doesn't do anything on my PC, it still stutters, even on the map. Installed latest driver, rebootet Win10, game worked for some time better and started stuttering again.

Posted (edited)

Experiencing the same issue.

Texture loading seems extremely affected since patch, trying to drift+IA is very hard now, the loading is so slow that the game stutters and misses inputs from me.

Even when standing still, I seem to have the stuttering. Tried the cow milking game and could barely complete it.

eta: At the same time, neither my CPU nor GPU are very taxed. Neither are close to the ceilings at any point in time. Tried heavy cropping and dropping graphical settings to Optimization mode and it makes no difference.

Edited by Geglash

Posted

Reinstalled the entire game and made sure there was no trace of BDO before installing it again.

The 5 minute black screen, and 1FPS drops are still present sadly. 

I am unble to play the game at all due to the issue. Would like to know if theres anything on the user side that can be done or if I will have to wait till theres a hotfix to sort out issues. 

Posted

I have the same problem, high fps but stutters like hell when i move the mouse..  only after patch!

Posted

ok guys for after reinstalling the game now 2 times and deactive vsync in nvideo options i got my old standard fps dont know why exactly but im happy hope u guys get this game to work soon :D or kakao will bring a hotfix

Posted

ok guys for after reinstalling the game now 2 times and deactive vsync in nvideo options i got my old standard fps dont know why exactly but im happy hope u guys get this game to work soon :D or kakao will bring a hotfix

I went to a more drastic approach and just ended up reformating the drives and reinstalling everything. Made BDO launch within 3 seconds instead of 3 minutes and no lag at all.

Told a friend and she did the same and worked there too.

I'm not sure what the issue is as it happened only to BDO and no other title, but the issue was caused by the fact that for some reason running BDO made the GPU not seem to wanna cooperate and giving it poor GPU Loads, after a whole lot of trying to fix it based on that still nothing.

Decided to try and run a game which I know hates that you have anything else running (Overwatch), and that ran with BDO up as well without a flaw. but the GPU Load still had minor spikes, not enough to be noticed in Overwatch when it ran same time as BDO, but BDO still suffered.

The last patch seems to have touched something.

I'm not sure what gfx cards you guys have but that might be something in the equation. Me and my friend both have the same card (from different brands for aftertouching) 980 Ti

Posted

I went to a more drastic approach and just ended up reformating the drives and reinstalling everything. Made BDO launch within 3 seconds instead of 3 minutes and no lag at all.

Told a friend and she did the same and worked there too.

I'm not sure what the issue is as it happened only to BDO and no other title, but the issue was caused by the fact that for some reason running BDO made the GPU not seem to wanna cooperate and giving it poor GPU Loads, after a whole lot of trying to fix it based on that still nothing.

Decided to try and run a game which I know hates that you have anything else running (Overwatch), and that ran with BDO up as well without a flaw. but the GPU Load still had minor spikes, not enough to be noticed in Overwatch when it ran same time as BDO, but BDO still suffered.

The last patch seems to have touched something.

I'm not sure what gfx cards you guys have but that might be something in the equation. Me and my friend both have the same card (from different brands for aftertouching) 980 Ti

my is 1060 oc so not the same :D

Posted

Dropped from 45 fps to 9 after the merge patch. Have reinstalled due to the game crashing or failing to connect multiple times. This has not helped. Double checked all of my drivers and checked performance on other games and all are good. What is going on here , this has happened multiple times after patches you have done.

Posted

I am experiencing the same - extremely long load times when game first starts, and spaced out stuttered every now and then. Before this patch everything was flawless. Not sure what the hell but this is awful. Any solutions?

Posted

Hey everyone!

I just wanted to report back on some things I've tried. After the merge I went from running the game on Max settings w/ 60 fps to barely scratching 35 fps and tons of stuttering. I tried disabling V-Sync via Nvidia Control Panel settings and oddly enough my frames dropped even lower. I removed the saved optimization settings from Nvidia Experience and still my frames were terrible. I finally decided F it and completely uninstalled the Nvidia Experience application and rebooted my computer to ensure total purge. Anyways long story short this solved my issue completely! I am back to the game running smoothly with no stuttering or performance hiccups! I read somewhere during my digging that Windows 10 and the Nvidia Experience application don't play nicely sometimes so if you're running Win10 I would recommend giving this a try! Besides which I didn't really utilize that damn program anyways.

TLDR; Uninstalling Nvidia Experience and rebooting solved my performance issues.

Cheers!

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

Hey everyone!

I just wanted to report back on some things I've tried. After the merge I went from running the game on Max settings w/ 60 fps to barely scratching 35 fps and tons of stuttering. I tried disabling V-Sync via Nvidia Control Panel settings and oddly enough my frames dropped even lower. I removed the saved optimization settings from Nvidia Experience and still my frames were terrible. I finally decided F it and completely uninstalled the Nvidia Experience application and rebooted my computer to ensure total purge. Anyways long story short this solved my issue completely! I am back to the game running smoothly with no stuttering or performance hiccups! I read somewhere during my digging that Windows 10 and the Nvidia Experience application don't play nicely sometimes so if you're running Win10 I would recommend giving this a try! Besides which I didn't really utilize that damn program anyways.

TLDR; Uninstalling Nvidia Experience and rebooting solved my performance issues.

Cheers!

I will try this when I get home - thanks for the feedback! - Did you uninstall drivers as well or just the Experience? 

Edited by Krushem

Posted

I will try this when I get home - thanks for the feedback! - Did you uninstall drivers as well or just the Experience? 

Just the Experience. TBH I'm not sure why I didn't do this earlier. I never utilized a single "feature" it offers. Hope it works for you too!

1 person likes this

Posted

I notice huge FPS drops when I open the market place via ESC menu, anyone else?

Posted

YES! I've noticet after last patch if i open marketplace via maid or NPC the FPS drops like crazy. Can't play after closing the market window

and i can't use my maid. What's the point of buying in game feature that cannot be used?

1 person likes this

Posted

It seems like its not using resources as it should. CPU 50%, GPU 30% (970) and the game seems to stutter.

Posted

Since merge, i5-3570k@4.2 + GTX 1080 Gainward, i had 60 fps stable everywhere in ultra setting. Now i have a lot of drop at 35 fps for 0.1sec but I feel it.

I uninstall et re-install my driver properly with DDU, it doesnt change, i think this is from the game.

The CPU isnt used by the game likfe before.

Posted

Same issue here. After the merge my fps with a 1080+4690k seem way more unstable for some reason. Tried everything: uninstalled my drivers with ddu, reinstalled the same drivers i had before merge (whose were getting me more stable fps), updated the drivers, reinstalled the game from 0. Anything worked. Also, i noticed that it might be something related with the channel i am in. If in one channel i get better fps, when switching to another one my fps might get lower and my whole game could start to have some microstutter issues.

Posted

They have to do something, its very irritable

Posted (edited)

Thank god I searched the forums and found out im not th eonly one having these annoying stuttering issues which started without a shadow of a doubt only after the server merge. And like most of you i have updated gfx drivers all windows updates, repaired game twice, reinstalled gfx drivers from fresh, High FPS up to 144fps however It still stutters every 3 seconds with animations freezing and rubber banding and map reloading while afk running / horse training.

All other demanding PC games I play run fine at ultra settings with over the top fps, its jsut this game having issues,

My ping to the EU BDO server is 22ms and I have a fast broadband conenction.

PC specs:

Core i7 - 4700k

16 gb ddr4 3000

Asus strix 980 ti 6GB

3x SSD
Asus maximus hero VIII ( TRI TET PEN ) motherboard

I have stopped playing the game till this gets resolved.

Hey everyone!

Cheers!

THIS DID NOT FIX MY ISSUE, THE PROBLEM STILL REMAINS < NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! HELP! I noticed I get lag spikes to the Black desert server whenever I am getting the stuttering, its a server issue not a graphics issue as i do not have this issue with any other high end demanding game.

Edited by aedonow
ISSue not fixed

Posted

Uninstalled Nvidia Geforce Experience, no changes for me, still garbo frames. Hopefully this will be resolved with the patch tonight.

Posted

Absolutely can confirm the stuttering... and this is not client related... outside of the prime times game is running totally smooth, but during prime time there is now a stuttering issue - also outside of main cities... This issue came exactly after the new world. I assume the servers are not fit enough to handle that amount of players yeet. We can only hope that they are able to fix those issue because at the moment it feels so choppy especially with a high end computer. The frame rates are still fine but this "rubberbanding" drives me crazy.

Posted

LOTS more rubber banding and stutteringt than before , geforce experience did not solve anything ><

Everyone needs to submit a ticket to get these guys to resolve this issue. There is no Confirmed fixed from anyone experiencing this
, its too much of a coincidence as this is affect a good number of players only after the server MErge.