• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Unwanted Beauty Mark

23 posts in this topic

Posted

With the recent patch, my Valkyrie seems to have a black square on her face, almost like a beauty mark. It's not visible from a distance, but the closer you look at her the larger the square gets.

Not sure what may be causing this issue, but has anyone else noticed anything similar?

2016-12-01_9318610.JPG

3 people like this

Posted

9_9So many vindictus players here 

Posted

such bug happen since a long time tho.

Once i had a little black square on one of my character face, and restarting the game fixed that, it can also appear depending on your face customization

Posted

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ わたし!

me!!!

1 person likes this

Posted

i see it some time on face or the white cellphone rectangle on my butt change to alt come back it gone

Posted

Try going into the editor and changing the sliders for that area. I suspect it is clipping.

i have had a few similar marks show up. 

Posted

sometimes alt-tabbing causes this weird bug,relogging helps! :P

Posted

My ChiChi!!!! Welcome to the New World!

Posted

Here you are not liking your beauty mark but there are models who would kill to have that beauty mark in order to make them unique.   O.o

Posted

My ranger has a magical appearing/disappearing mark on her lower lip.  At a specific zoom she looks like she is trying for the Amidala lipstick stripe down the center of her bottom lip, but as you zoom in it goes away.  I have no settings active for lipstick coloring at all, so I can only guess it is an issue with geometry, either clipping or bad LOD.

Posted

This has happened to me a few times. Reloading your game or changing your graphics settings/switching them back should hopefully fix your problem.

Posted

This has happened to me a few times. Reloading your game or changing your graphics settings/switching them back should hopefully fix your problem.

Comic sans is never ok

Posted

Comic sans is never ok

I'm not using Comic Sans.
This is Comic Sans.

Posted

I use the same hairstyle on my sorceress, I suspect it's because of the hairstyle. Changing the hair and changing it back usually worked for me.

Posted

My ChiChi!!!! Welcome to the New World!

+yay.png  I's stalking you O.o

I changed my graphics settings and then changed them back and it fixed the issue. Glad to know it's not a permanent thing :$

Posted

With the recent patch, my Valkyrie seems to have a black square on her face, almost like a beauty mark. It's not visible from a distance, but the closer you look at her the larger the square gets.

Not sure what may be causing this issue, but has anyone else noticed anything similar?

2016-12-01_9318610.JPG

I get this as well, but only on lowest graphics. It's gone when I put it back on highest settings.

Posted

2016-12-01_9318610.JPG

hdbiEcl.png

Yp8n5qx.png

Posted

I have that one my ranger. But hiding the costume head piece makes it go away. which is sad because I really like the hat.

Posted

Changing the quality setting (Increase/Decrease) will fix it, switching characters also fix the texture issue, I'm not sure if changing texture quality fixes as well, never tested on that one. This texture issue is just a minor problem of the game, so don't panic or worry about it, it really isn't there, is just visually to you and only you.

Cheerios ~♥

bTQ3u8R.gif

Posted

I know the reason of that "beauty marks". Game developers did that on purpose. It's their way to counter texture modification programs.

That programs intercept all textures that game loads and are able to replace them. But in order to recognize specific texture such programs calculate so called hash. Usually this is done by multyplying all bytes of a texture together.

And to couter that developers decided to randomly change one byte of a texture during loading. That way each time a texture is loaded it will have different hash. But the problem is that most of the game textures are compressed by https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/S3_Texture_Compression. In that compression format image is divided into small square blocks and each block is compressed independently. And you can't simply take a random byte and alter it because sometimes you will alter a service data for a whole texture block. That is why you see these black squares.

Changing texture settings helps because that forces game to reload textures and this time another byte will be altered which may not result in a black square. Or it may appear in other place as well.

The sad thing is that this counter technique is still there and affect all players despite that noone is using such texture modification tools for Black Desert anymore for various reasons. One more thing is that other games use other ways to block such programs which do not affect legit users.

Posted

2016-12-01_9318610.JPG

That's a bug...

Posted

2016-12-01_9318610.JPG

ehi, you are hot af

Posted (edited)

Two of my Chars have this from time to time. Seems to appear randomly but a game restart fix it sometimes.

Edited by Sanivia