• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Epic Fail on Merger Great Job

50 posts in this topic

Posted

Yeah thanks a lot on not doing due diligence on your merging.    Now my character is stuck on a island without her boat.  You guys are just amazing. 

Posted

ahhaahah.

rekt by daum/pa.

ggnore.

3 people like this

Posted

Yeah thanks a lot on not doing due diligence on your merging.    Now my character is stuck on a island without her boat.  You guys are just amazing. 

you can contact support and they will move your character to a more convenient location~ someone from another post did that

1 person likes this

Posted

Thanks for not reading the MANY warnings that popped up to get to a safe spot and put away your mounts before the server went down.

13 people like this

Posted

Swim? I thought they took drowning out of the game.

Posted

they told you to put in a wharf prior to the merge. 

Posted

they told you to put in a wharf prior to the merge. 

ikr , lets all point and laugh at him.

6 people like this

Posted

Ouch, this community hurts xD

Posted

Morons, nobody told me anything I must have been logged out before there was any such thing?  Of course thats never possible is it.    Smart gaming companies move characters when mergers happen because of this type of stupid stuff. 

Posted

Morons, nobody told me anything I must have been logged out before there was any such thing?  Of course thats never possible is it.    Smart gaming companies move characters when mergers happen because of this type of stupid stuff. 

I'd explain to you what smart players would do but clearly you wouldn't understand

6 people like this

Posted (edited)

I'd explain to you what smart players would do but clearly you wouldn't understand

No you are absolutely right, had I know there was a merger happening I would of logged out somewhere else.     However I didn't even hear about it before I logged out.    So I went about playing the way I usually do.      

Despite all that, even had I known.     This type of thing is their responsibility.     If they are going to do things that causes peoples transportation to move, it is on them to move the players to the location of their transportation.       Its just silly to move one but not the other. 

Edited by Xukuth

Posted

I feel like we have very very very very very very very very very very very different understandings of what the term "Epic Fail" means.

Its not like you can't swim without drowning to literally anywhere.

1 person likes this

Posted

No you are absolutely right, had I know there was a merger happening I would of logged out somewhere else.     However I didn't even hear about it before I logged out.    So I went about playing the way I usually do.      

Despite all that, even had I known.     This type of thing is their responsibility.     If they are going to do things that causes peoples transportation to move, it is on them to move the players to the location of their transportation.       Its just silly to move one but not the other. 

There was a message all over the screen everytime you logged on for like two days before the merge. It was also on the forums and the main page of the game.

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

There was a message all over the screen everytime you logged on for like two days before the merge. It was also on the forums and the main page of the game.

Not to mention the couple of message that came in the mail or all the people in chat talking about it. I am sorry OP, but if you are that oblivious of what is going on in the game, you have no one to blame but yourself.

Edited by Nimalla
1 person likes this

Posted

Fail.  They put it everywhere.  I mean everywhere, for weeks.  So swim, put in a ticket, or hit escape.   Actually just whine some more, its kinda funny.

1 person likes this

Posted

Greetings,

I'm so sorry to hear that you got stuck without your boat.

Like someone posted above, you can ask a GM to move your character at a certain place.

You can submit a ticket here: https://blackdesert.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

I hope this helps your current issue.

Posted (edited)

There is also a transport feature I believe. You have to be logged out of your character for one hour to have the character transferred.
Unfortunately I'm not entirely certain it'll work for random islands, so I apologize in advance if that doesn't fix your issue.

Otherwise, it's already been stated. Open up a ticket, Kakao's response time has improved considerably but we did just have a merge, and they did ask you beforehand to get somewhere safe. On a more personal note, I think they did an awesome job considering the difficulties I'm sure they ran into to merge all servers together.

transportation1.png

Edited by ғᴏxsᴡᴏʀɴ
1 person likes this

Posted

Or just stay on the island, find a floating soccer ball, and repeatedly yell "Wilson!" until rescued.

1 person likes this

Posted

Do what I did. Have someone kill you. Respawn at town. Ez pz.

Posted

To sum up the OP "Waaaah, Kakao is stupid! Utter trash! because I couldn't be bothered to read or use my brain. Waah".

Sorry, Kakao isn't here to hold your hand through everything. There was a plethora of information regarding the merge for weeks in advanced. Unless you live under a rock you knew it was coming. Whether you bothered to look anything up or not is on you. Not Kakao.

Posted

I'm sorry to hear that you ended up stranded on some island without your boat, here's a few things you can do to leave the island: 
- Ask a friend/guildie to pick you up with their boat
- Ask someone to PK you, and then respawn at a town
- Contact support and see if they're able to help you, although you will probably have to expect a long response time as they're busy with higher prioritized cases right now
- Swim from island to island until you reach your final destination

I do have to advise you to pay more attention to the messages they're sending out in the future though, as most of the time they contain important information to avoid having players getting into similar situations to yours ^_^

2 people like this

Posted

They even sent out an email last night, in case you weren't on for weeks or looking at the forums/website. There really is no excuse to not know we had a merge happening. :/ 

Posted

Despite all that, even had I known.     This type of thing is their responsibility.

They had posts on the forums, they had in game messages, they had the splash screen on login containing this info literally popping up in your face, they sent mail about it, and the day before they were almost spamming the system message about it.  This isn't even considering common/guild/channel chats talking about it. You would have had to go out of your way to avoid knowing there was a merge coming - which if you ignored all the warnings they put in your face, is completely your fault. You can choose to remain ignorant by ignoring that stuff, but it's not someone else's fault when it bites you in the ass. 

Posted

And none of that info was useful to me,  I just got back from being gone nearly a year.  

1 person likes this

Posted

And none of that info was useful to me,  I just got back from being gone nearly a year.  

You have nobody to blame but yourself.