• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Dark Elf December 15th KR

162 posts in this topic

Posted

Any more hot pics of dark knight surfaced yet?

How is this?

FinalMovieCap24.jpg

Posted

According to the Thor movie, Dark Elves come in different colors.

Malekith_and_Algrim.jpg

1 person likes this

Posted

According to the Thor movie, Dark Elves come in different colors.

Malekith_and_Algrim.jpg

That look / outfit would def get my vote

:)

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

you are so funny, you almost made me forget how silly the rest of that answer was ;)

the closest fantasy lore i know off where you can find dark elves which isn't dark of skin is the warhammer lore, but even here they started out darkish and later became more dark blue'ish with the years ^^ i've yet to encounter a serious fantasy lore where dark elves are not darkish in their skin colour. therefrom the name. you can also argue that the majority of lore have them depicted as morally twisted and using "dark forces", which you can then try to set the "dark elves" on their name. but several lores doesn't contributed this kind of beheaviour specificly to dark elves and no other elven type ^^

if you know of a lore, and i assume you do or you are just talking out of your behind, where dark elves refers to normal elves with different culture please do name it.

now whether or not it is a "misstranslation" somebody in kakao or pa which had this responsibility gave so little of a fck about their job they couldn't even be bothered to consider the extreme difference on the two names, and apparently STILL got a job where translation is part of it. one would assume if translation is part of your job describtion that you know the difference on a "dark elve" and a "dark knight" -.-

there is absolutely races in BDO its even in the lore... -.-

Aaaaand all of your reasons for the "Dark Elf" having to be dark skinned like every cliche fantasy game/lore is 100% completely, and utterly pointless, not to mention completely irrelevant to BDO, along with the Dark Knight Class being referred to as a Dark Elf. Just because so and so game, or so and so lore depicts their dark elves as grey/blue skinned elves does NOT make that an industry standard where EVERYONE must follow the cliche idea of Dark Elf = Grey/Blue/whatever.

Either way the argument has no basis because BDO is its own game and if you bothered reading up on the Elven Lore you would realize why they might be called Dark Elfs. The elves we are all familiar with are what you'd call "sun" elves, who live in harmony with the spirits and elements etc, who get their power more or less from Kamaslive. The "Dark Elf" is more of a "moon" elf, they are splinter faction of sun elves (aka for the slow of mind, the SAME race) that left in search of a different source of power other than kamaslive, and based on what I have read, seek to dominate/control spirits and the elements(probably why they wield some sort of magic as their off hand based on the artwork). This source of power seems to be related to the moon, which the trailer sort of hints at if you even bothered to read the lore behind Elven culture.

Either way the Elves have an intrinsic division based on light/sun and Darkness/Moon, so calling the Dark Knight class a DarK Elf is completely understandable and well within the bounds of the games lore. Just because it doesn't follow the cliche of "Dark Elf must be blue or dark skinned hur hur" doesn't make it any less a Dark Elf.

Edited by Illuminia
5 people like this

Posted (edited)

If you dont see the proportion issue in that game ( and not only with the elf ) good for you.

But the body customization / body - head proportion is real.

No actually I see a lot of disproportion on other classes. And a couple in the elf as well, I just don't think the legs is one of them.

Edited by Katsuragi

Posted

Not at all, as exemple :

- With the ranger, if you want she the smallest possible, the legs are still going to be waaay to long, so you have to balance that, set the torso taller, but in that case, the whole body is going to be way to big compare to the head size.

Mean 1- you cant correctly choose ranger height 2- if you want to have a correct torso size compare to the leg she is going to be "very tall" and the body way too big compare to the head

- Kuno have the hip "too narrow", you can increase it but in that case the legs are going to be way too moved appart ( to have the hip match the shoulder distance, u know like a "stereotypical" femal body )

Or, to counter balance that, you cant tighten the shoulder

And same thing, if you want her "small" the minimum height turn her leg WAY too long compare to the torso + head.

It might not look obvious for a lot of ppl, so you, but the BDO body proportion are pretty broken. The character editor is way too limited to have correct proportions ability.

For that i really really miss the Blade & Soul character editor :/

Dont forget the tamers bust cannot be adjusted on its own. Its widens her entire upper torso. Its so annoying. 

Posted

Well they can shove this new class up their a****. Another gender locked class with only possibly, maybe, sometime, if for a Male version. I said as soon as this class was announced that if Its gender locked I wont play it. I've not spent a penny on this game since the announcement and won't spend anything until they stop pulling this sh*t.

This may even be the final straw from me as far as BDO is concerned. Its bad enough being a wizard and being made to wait months for my awakening (even longer than classes that were added to the game after start) and now they continue with this gender bullsh*t

And on top of that they add this paywall rubbish to entice people to put out more money despite PA / Kakao screwing them over !

:(

I will buy double the amount of outfits for her so that you do not matter. 

15 people like this

Posted

I will buy double the amount of outfits for her so that you do not matter. 

I will help out with this. I will buy the dubble to make up for it aswell. Together we feed Kako 

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

you are so funny, you almost made me forget how silly the rest of that answer was ;)

the closest fantasy lore i know off where you can find dark elves which isn't dark of skin is the warhammer lore, but even here they started out darkish and later became more dark blue'ish with the years ^^ i've yet to encounter a serious fantasy lore where dark elves are not darkish in their skin colour. therefrom the name. you can also argue that the majority of lore have them depicted as morally twisted and using "dark forces", which you can then try to set the "dark elves" on their name. but several lores doesn't contributed this kind of beheaviour specificly to dark elves and no other elven type ^^

if you know of a lore, and i assume you do or you are just talking out of your behind, where dark elves refers to normal elves with different culture please do name it.

now whether or not it is a "misstranslation" somebody in kakao or pa which had this responsibility gave so little of a fck about their job they couldn't even be bothered to consider the extreme difference on the two names, and apparently STILL got a job where translation is part of it. one would assume if translation is part of your job describtion that you know the difference on a "dark elve" and a "dark knight" -.-

there is absolutely races in BDO its even in the lore... -.-

The oldest two d&d settings are blackmoor and greyhawk. Blackmoor grew into mystara, dark elves in mystara are not dark skinned:

Due to their time spent underground, the shadow elves are white-haired and pale of complexion. Their eyesight is keener than that of normal elves, and they can see quite well in complete darkness. However, they are unable to stand bright light, especially sunlight.

http://pandius.com/guide/shad_elf.html

---------------

the oldest source of "dark elves" are the dakkalfar from Norse mythology, and they are alternately described as "swarthy" (olive skinned or dark skinned) and "blacker than pitch". Svartaelfen are often called dark elves but appear to actually be dwarves. Nevertheless an Italian, or Polynesian complexion is often called "swarthy" so right from the oldest traditions there seems to be variety in skin color.

------------

In The Deed of Paksennarion , by Elizabeth Moon, dark elves are called inysin or unsingers. In appearance they are impossible to tell apart from other elves.

http://www.paksworld.com/people.html

------------

In elfquest the Gliders living beneath Blue Mountain are the dark elf equivalent, embodied most notably by winnowill.

http://elfquest.wikia.com/wiki/Winnowill

----------------

There are the world of Warcraft blood elves too, but they aren't proper dark elves.

So that makes Six non black skinned dark elves, including the Thor movie and war hammer already mentioned.

Edited by GavinRuneblade

Posted

I just hope the gameplay is fun.

Posted

gender1.jpg

MAKE DARK ELF GREAT.

Subtle Kappa

Posted

I literally know nothing i didnt already

Yep.  SUPER informative.  Forest and a steady cam hip shot until it cuts away while the actual combat happens.... I'm so hyped.... yay...  

gender1.jpg

MAKE DARK ELF GREAT.

Subtle Kappa

Making the dark elves futanari would be hilarious... that being said you can go choke on your 70+ gender identities

2 people like this

Posted

Yep.  SUPER informative.  Forest and a steady cam hip shot until it cuts away while the actual combat happens.... I'm so hyped.... yay...  

Making the dark elves futanari would be hilarious... that being said you can go choke on your 70+ gender identities

THEY'RE CALLED PRONOUNS , EDUCATE YOURSELF.

More subtle Kappa

Posted

just googled futanari.........ew lol

Posted

Ive never noticed it much before. But you can completely change the skin tone in the game.

Posted

Just as a side note, dark skinned elves exist in the game already. Humans and shai too. While I'm somewhat disappointed that PA chose to represent the class as another pale elf, I wasn't expecting them to do anything different. 

Posted

I support futanari dark elves. It'd be even better if they included a junk slider for it to determine female or futanari (or really hung futanari).

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

"Hello ? Yes ? Yes ... Ok, we'll pass the message"

Hey guys, Vindictus just called, they'd like their Arisha to come back

She doesn't look like Arisha at all to me. Maybe the eyes just ever so slightly, but no where near close enough to say she looks like Arisha. Showed a video of the DK to my bf who was also an avid Vindictus player(shout out to all his brother Karoks!) and he agreed with me.

https://secure.static.tumblr.com/f099ad12dd8647237de3ff3ab4e7a61f/zdivd7y/MONnvh82k/tumblr_static_tumblr_static_9ywicwnmi54csw8sk8408sksk_640.png

I chose this image because it has little makeup and her hair is short to bring more attention to the face because I feel hair and makeup can really alter the actual appearance of a character.

About the trailer, that was boring, but i'am still very curious to see that class gameplay

vindictus female character are more sexy that the BDO one... Because at least, vindictus provide correct body proportion ><

If only BDO was providing better character customization :/

Wrong. I can tell you people haven't played Vindictus in a while. Arisha's boobs are huge and even when you try to make them the smallest they still look huge in my opinion. Go back and play Vindictus! I guarantee you will end up being disappointed with it. I recently blew up my +12 staff trying to get it to +13. I can't compete with the majority of the community who have +15s.

Edited by Ryuna

Posted

Look at this. 

"Hello ? Yes ? Yes ... Ok, we'll pass the message"

Hey guys, Vindictus just called, they'd like their Arisha to come back

And then at this.

If dark elf will be like arisha I will totally left my ranger behind arisha was just awesome back in vindi. Hope for the best :)

Posted (edited)

She doesn't look like Arisha at all to me. Maybe the eyes just ever so slightly, but no where near close enough to say she looks like Arisha. Showed a video of the DK to my bf who was also an avid Vindictus player(shout out to all his brother Karoks!) and he agreed with me.

https://secure.static.tumblr.com/f099ad12dd8647237de3ff3ab4e7a61f/zdivd7y/MONnvh82k/tumblr_static_tumblr_static_9ywicwnmi54csw8sk8408sksk_640.png

I chose this image because it has little makeup and her hair is short to bring more attention to the face because I feel hair and makeup can really alter the actual appearance of a character.

Wrong. I can tell you people haven't played Vindictus in a while. Arisha's boobs are huge and even when you try to make them the smallest they still look huge in my opinion. Go back and play Vindictus! I guarantee you will end up being disappointed with it. I recently blew up my +12 staff trying to get it to +13. I can't compete with the majority of the community who have +15s.

I'm not talking about facial features, use your brain.

It would be stupid to talk about things such as facial features when they can be changed by players themselves  ... No need to ask your boyfriend ....

Edited by Capitaine Courage

Posted (edited)

I spoke about the body, as for the boobs "big boobs" also is realistic. You know that woman with "huge boobs" do exist right... 9_9

But as i said to someone else, if you arent able to see BDO body proportion issues, good for you, but its definitely here, and its annoying because the character customization limitation prevent to correctly fix that. ( unlike BnS allowing a way better body part tweak )

btw, there is new video here

http://dulfy.net/2016/12/08/black-desert-dark-knight-ingame-armor-and-combat-animations/

Edited by woots
5 people like this

Posted

Was this it? Nothing else? Where is the big gameplay video that everyone was talking about. 

Posted

I spoke about the body, as for the boobs "big boobs" also is realistic. You know that woman with "huge boobs" do exist right... 9_9

But as i said to someone else, if you arent able to see BDO body proportion issues, good for you, but its definitely here, and its annoying because the character customization limitation prevent to correctly fix that. ( unlike BnS allowing a way better body part tweak )

btw, there is new video here

http://dulfy.net/2016/12/08/black-desert-dark-knight-ingame-armor-and-combat-animations/

I love her! I love everything about her.. let us have her alrdy! ;-; I love the animation colours and effects from that small teaser. I hope we get to see the gameplay trailer soon.. Can't wait. The armors look good, the hair seem similar to the witch but i really like the exclusive hairstyles too! PLS KAKAO MAKE IT QUICK BEFOR I GET A HEART ATTACK!

1 person likes this