• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Gear too important

117 posts in this topic

Posted

Everyone who has played this game seems to agree that gear>levels>skill

Which makes me quite sad since the combat in this game is amazing, and having combat itself as the least important factor is just a waste.

I am not saying remove the grind, i am not saying remove gear or levels. But i think most would agree(remains to be seen in this thread i suppose) that skill should be the biggest factor, keep gear as difficult to obtain as they are already and the same for levels but decrease the stat boost you get from them(or at least gear) Changing numbers in gear should hopefully not be too time consuming or difficult to implement aswell.

I think it is fine that gear and levels do give an advantage, but it should not be a HUGE one. Not an advantage you cannot overcome by being a better player than your opponent.

13 people like this

Posted

Welcome to every korean game ever. I don't disagree with you. I'd love for this game to have equalized battlegrounds in addition to having the gear dependent open world stuff. But according to the intent, it is supposed to be an 'immersive' open world game where money = power so I guess they have to make your effort worth something right?

It's just that I've never been the type of person to enjoy roflstomping someone just because they were wearing paper and I had diamond armors. Only time will tell how the devs choose to direct the 'competitive PvP' scene, if there ever actually is one. 

3 people like this

Posted

Welcome to every korean game ever. I don't disagree with you. I'd love for this game to have equalized battlegrounds in addition to having the gear dependent open world stuff. But according to the intent, it is supposed to be an 'immersive' open world game where money = power so I guess they have to make your effort worth something right?

It's just that I've never been the type of person to enjoy roflstomping someone just because they were wearing paper and I had diamond armors. Only time will tell how the devs choose to direct the 'competitive PvP' scene, if there ever actually is one. 

I dont think this game will ever get a competitive game scene nor is it aiming for one. The only form of pvp here is open world pvp. Putting in bgs/arenas would defeat the purpose of the game honestly.

But that does not mean the game should be gear instead of skillbased.

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

If you dont move or attack then no gear in the world will make you win. Therefore ability is still more important than gear. Being a 'better player' doesnt entitle you to win. Besides, if you actually were the better player, then why dont you have equal equipment? Oh right, because youre not as good of a player as the other guy. Your ability isnt exclusively being measured by how quickly you can press buttons. Being a genius doesnt make a millionaire either. You still have to work for it.

Can we please stop to have these pointless discussions now?

Edited by nyyyyy
6 people like this

Posted

It depends. Do you care about being skilled or being victorious due to skill? There are some decently high skill ceilings in this game and it's not like you can't be known for being skilled even without having the best gear. The "scene" will know whether or not you're winning due to skill or gear.

Posted

I dont think this game will ever get a competitive game scene nor is it aiming for one. The only form of pvp here is open world pvp. Putting in bgs/arenas would defeat the purpose of the game honestly.

But that does not mean the game should be gear instead of skillbased.

It won't be competitive because the gear is not equalized.
I do believe that  there is an instanced arena in this game, but I am unsure of how it works / rewards it provides and whether it allows potions / and your actual gear.  

Posted

It won't be competitive because the gear is not equalized.I do believe that  there is an instanced arena in this game, but I am unsure of how it works / rewards it provides and whether it allows potions / and your actual gear.  

Crimson battlegrounds... they are there and they do look fun.  People need to stop asking for a ton of instanced things though.  The game already has a good setup for overworld pvp.  Non-instanced dungeons, weekly ffa castle sieges between upwards of 4 guilds for multiple unique castles, a bandit town similar to Bucaneers den/Britain Graveyard for all you old school pvpers to fantasize about (some of the most fun times ever were server war ffas at brit GY).

I understand newer accounts may just be people who are learning about the beta and are becoming interested in the game. so welcome.  But there is a ton of pvp already present that doesnt require and should never be instanced.  Instanced pvp, leaderboards.  All of these are relics of games that hook you with carrots and are unneeded.  Let guilds and players set up duel arenas, let players set up pvp tournaments (quite easy with the guild system in place and guild wars).  Dont ask for ingame systems in a sandbox when you are already given the tools to create them.

The only valid concern posted so far is gear gaps, and that has been discussed ad nauseam.  The general consensus is this, yes you are right.  16-20 enchants are too strong (upwards of 40% stat increase).  They will not be present on release and are coming in a later patch. Ideally the stats will be relocated to earlier enchants.  thus making it faster to level, and not a huge difference between pvp at higher levels for those that do not live their lives ingame.  General idea is anywhere from 10-20% stat increase is manageable and allows those who work for it and need the stat crutch to compete can acquire it.

1 person likes this

Posted

It won't be competitive because the gear is not equalized.I do believe that  there is an instanced arena in this game, but I am unsure of how it works / rewards it provides and whether it allows potions / and your actual gear.  

Let's just hope that PA decides to add in some content later that will emphasize skill over stats. That +15 is the gear cap for NA/EU is definitely a step in the right direction, which will keep gear based imbalance from being too much of a deciding factor in late game, but in group combat it's still just a matter of who can out-DPS whom.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Just ......

If you have a weapon and gear at +17, then go duell those who have +17 If you want equal?

"Gear is still equal".

Or do u want your +16 to be able to kill +19 ppl?

Black desert is very realistic.

Do you want to vs a "hard trained pro" in a boxing match with just 1 year on gym?

In real life, I bet Jon jones can beat up 10 guys like us at once. (Is there any balace? Can I ask in forum to nerf his hard Farmed muscle?

Black desert +20 poeple is equal to Jon jones. =D YOU DONT mess with them unless you are a pro farmer!

If you want to be a Legend, start thinking like one. and work for it!

And there is a game called Blade and soul which is very Balanced. RLY! Everyone have the same weapon and jewelry atm.

Very equal. If you want you can try it!

How about we ask GM to give us all same weapon to all classes and gears at start? And see how long we will stay?

The idea of having +20 is that they dont need to make useless change cause people will have +15.

If you want to stop at +15 then dont limit other to aim for +20?

Most ppl wont have +20 ... so you dont even need to worry.

It will be very equaly if you put just as much efford as other players.

Edited by Lizhen
4 people like this

Posted

Just ......

If you have a weapon and gear at +17, then go duell those who have +17 If you want equal?

"Gear is still equal".

Do you want to vs a "hard trained pro" in a boxing match with just 1 year on gym?

In real life, I bet Jon jones can beat up 10 guys like us at once. (Is there any balace? Can I ask in forum to nerf his hard Farmed muscle?

Black desert +20 poeple is equal to Jon jones. =D YOU DONT mess with them unless you are a pro farmer!

And there is a game called Blade and soul which is very Balanced. RLY! Everyone have the same weapon and jewelry atm.

How about we ask GM to give us all same weapon to all classes and gears at start? And see how long we will stay?

The idea of having +20 is that they dont need to make useless change cause people will have +15.

The entire way you structured this hurt my brain. From grammar to sentence organization. What the ----- happened here? 

6 people like this

Posted

The entire way you structured this hurt my brain. From grammar to sentence organization. What the ----- happened here? 

Just ......

"Gear is still equal".

...uhh huh?  has nothing to do with effort.  The simple truth is this.  We want to have a healthy population.  Those that are just getting into the game now who havent played archeage or any korean MMO are in for a rude realization.  ITS A GRIND.  it doesnt have to be such a grind.  for pvp balance (which wont effect pve, or anything crucial in this game, just apparently egos of some individuals who dictate real life confidence with time spent in a video game) the equipment bonus should not be as rediculous 16+.   

Everyone will get to +20 sooner or later.. however it shouldnt be a colossal effort to kill one player who apparently does nothing but macro monster kills in 18+ armor.

PVP BALANCE=LONG LIFE SPAN OF GAME HEALTH--> more people to fight.  it isnt rocket science

8 people like this

Posted

A significant amount of MMOs place importance on 'gearing'. In some ways one may constitute min/maxing a character a form of endgame in its own right (not everyone I understand). 

From a different angle consider the hardcore crowd. Two people of equal skill go head to head and the +18 takes the win over the +17, classes and abilities aside. The losing player may now choose to dedicate their time taking the necessary steps to increase there effective gear score to become more competitive. In this scenario the player is motivated to engage in subsequent game content besides only PvP to achieve that goal.

Simply put it rewards time spent playing all the game has to offer (NA/EU cash shop aside, due to lack official information supporting either; P2W [unlikely given demographic] vs Cosmetic/Convenience [likely direction due to feedback]) 

I'm not particularly arguing for nor against, simply stating an alternative way of looking at this systems implementation.

1 person likes this

Posted

This is not English lession, is it?

However like I said the pvp itself is balanced, classes , gears and skills? 

Even the enchant is! +15 vs 15. 16 vs 16. And so on. (Its balance among equally geared players)

What is not "pvp balanced here?

Its pvp imbalanced because you have +15 vs 18??? Yeah ofc it is?? What the ----- do you think? Its exspensive to enchant to +18 and IF the stats is like + 15 then who would enchant? Everyone cap at +15? 

Then you will say, lower the price for enchant so everyone can enchant to + 18 easier? Pfff then everyone include you will get +20. And ask for + 30-40?? 

The problem in this is not about gear balance its about its to hard for you to enchant? 

"Macro +18 blabla? And you cant macro + 18?"

Others can macro mobs +18 and you cant? So you are salty cause you cant kill them with + 15 gear?

Im not a farmer myself. But if you want to kill ppl who have been putting effort into their char, then you need to do the same! When you have same gear as him and win then you can tell ppl that you have better "skills"

GEARS IS BALANCED yes? If you macro blabla just like other ppl and hit +18 then its balanced? Then there is no prob?? Good=>

Not to mention that they balance the game in group battle and not 1 v 1 . Who cares about your 1 v 1 in mmo. If you cant kill someone alone then call your family/friend to finish him?

The way BDO is rigth now is great, since if you put enought effort . Then you dont need to be afraid of 2-3 man ganks. Since its OWPVP ganks will exist. 

And after putting alot of effort in enchanting and get killed by chicken ganks thats Boring?

Instead he will whipe out all 3 gankers well thats motivating? If they want to gank him at least make +16 or smth instead of being newbs running around killing ppl.

It opens up more for Solo players too. 

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

If you dont like it like this just leave. Have you guys even ever played any TRUE open world pvp game? you want instances,you want this you want that fck this. This game has huge potentional, its like the new Lineage II with way bigger in depth gameplay( which Lineage,by the way was the best pvp mmo ever and i dont give a fck if it was unbalanced as fck).. If you want fair 1v1s and arenas go play other game, this game is designed for mass pvps and guild wars and the way it is build it promotes it just fine

Edited by Mendacium
3 people like this

Posted (edited)

This is not English lession, is it?

However like I said the pvp itself is balanced, classes , gears and skills? 

Even the enchant is! +15 vs 15. 16 vs 16. And so on. (Its balance among equally geared players)

What is not "pvp balanced here?

Its pvp imbalanced because you have +15 vs 18??? Yeah ofc it is?? What the ----- do you think? Its exspensive to enchant to +18 and IF the stats is like + 15 then who would enchant? Everyone cap at +15? 

Then you will say, lower the price for enchant so everyone can enchant to + 18 easier? Pfff then everyone include you will get +20. And ask for + 30-40?? 

The problem in this is not about gear balance its about its to hard for you to enchant? 

"Macro +18 blabla? And you cant macro + 18?"

Others can macro mobs +18 and you cant? So you are salty cause you cant kill them with + 15 gear?

Im not a farmer myself. But if you want to kill ppl who have been putting effort into their char, then you need to do the same! When you have same gear as him and win then you can tell ppl that you have better "skills"

GEARS IS BALANCED yes? If you macro blabla just like other ppl and hit +18 then its balanced? Then there is no prob?? Good=>

Not to mention that they balance the game in group battle and not 1 v 1 . Who cares about your 1 v 1 in mmo. If you cant kill someone alone then call your family/friend to finish him?

The way BDO is rigth now is great, since if you put enought effort . Then you dont need to be afraid of 2-3 man ganks. Since its OWPVP ganks will exist. 

And after putting alot of effort in enchanting and get killed by chicken ganks thats Boring?

Instead he will whipe out all 3 gankers well thats motivating? If they want to gank him at least make +16 or smth instead of being newbs running around killing ppl.

It opens up more for Solo players too. 

It is really simple, yes having huge gear advandage on 16+ is fun to some hardcore players, some. Not all(I am a hardcore player myself with the games i stick by)

However such a big grind for someone to be able to do pvp means... NO NEW PLAYERS WILL STAY IN THE GAME. Anyone who joins black desert a few months too late will not catch up to the veteran players, any new player who joins in would have to suffer through months of undergeared play where he cannot beat the majority of the population in a fight.

Your way is fun for those who enjoy power invitested time gives them, but you see... that kills a game. It really does. No new players = dead game.

Edit: and what is up with several people talking about skill as if it some myth, something that does not exist.. ''skill''  :D There are skillbased games out there, and some of them are MMOs, some of them also have gear disparity, but skill can just overcome that. Skill=Knowledge of your and enemy class, good timing and reaction to what the situation is and what your opponent is doing. And skill allows you to survive that 2-3man gank by being a better player, i have survived that and bigger numbers in skillbased games before :)

Edited by Roamer
2 people like this

Posted

There needs to be a level of "Importance" given to gearing up and enchanting to the higher tiers.

1 person likes this

Posted

It is really simple, yes having huge gear advandage on 16+ is fun to some hardcore players, some. Not all(I am a hardcore player myself with the games i stick by)

However such a big grind for someone to be able to do pvp means... NO NEW PLAYERS WILL STAY IN THE GAME. Anyone who joins black desert a few months too late will not catch up to the veteran players, any new player who joins in would have to suffer through months of undergeared play where he cannot beat the majority of the population in a fight.

Your way is fun for those who enjoy power invitested time gives them, but you see... that kills a game. It really does. No new players = dead game.

Edit: and what is up with several people talking about skill as if it some myth, something that does not exist.. ''skill''  :D There are skillbased games out there, and some of them are MMOs, some of them also have gear disparity, but skill can just overcome that. Skill=Knowledge of your and enemy class, good timing and reaction to what the situation is and what your opponent is doing. And skill allows you to survive that 2-3man gank by being a better player, i have survived that and bigger numbers in skillbased games before :)

Yeah if we take new player vs veterans then there will be problem. 

I do agree that they should make linear stats gain 1-20 tho. But its not a problem if they wont, since there will always be pve pros?(those who have the ability to grind, is pro in a pve game) pvp players can still win with equal gear.

This game is not 1v1 bns, its PvE game with owpvp.

everyone can farm +15-17 easy even if you are new players , its easy to catch up to avarage players. But  +18-20 needs silver and not many ppl will have it to begin with.

but yeah. We will see how it turns out. Cause what we say now wont matter, we can go complain to forum after having +18 later.

100 ppl in 1 guild, so the guild with best geared players wins , this is how the game is balanced.

ggwp

Posted

im a huge lineage 2 fun, especially c4/c5/interlude versions,

what i loved about the gear in that game is the fallowing:

When B grade gear vs S grade, 99.99% the S wins

When A grade gear vs S grade, 80% the S grade wins

but if you want, in a 1/2 mounts you can make max lvl  with S gear, of course there where enchants on items and skills, which impact the pvp, changing the balance, but the impact was small, and skills>enchants and other enhancements 

Posted

Just ......

"Gear is still equal".

It kindy right what are you saying!

Normally I would totally agree with you, because what are you saying is 100% right.

The problem is that the "+20" (or enchantments levels in general) is RNG, so is right to say that if you want to fight someone and aspect to have possibility to beat them you need a proper Equip, but in a RNG System this is not right... Because someone can play 2 years and only get only a +16 Equip and someone can play 6month and have a +20 Equip (THIS IS ONLY AN EXAMPLE).

So yeah is right that someone have a right amount of possibility to win against someone with the same Equip, but is not right in that scenario cause is REALLY TOO MUCH RNG heavy.

If this was a system like "You need to farm 10.000 BlackStone every time for have a 100% Enchantment Level Upgrade past +15", that would be right for everyone... Because you spent time that everyone need to spend to obtain a certain Enchantment Level, and so cause you spent more time farming you have the right to be stronger.

But with a RNG System this is not equally... I would prefer an abnormal Farming Section (that you will do anyway in a Game like this) for get a 100% + Enchantment, than a lower Farming Section but have like only 5% to upgrade the Item...

Is this System that create disparity, not if you have a weapont +15 or +20...

Because if you remove the RNG component, if you spend an high amount of time, you will get what you deserve and you will eventually obtain your +20 Weapon/Armor, but with a RNG System, sometimes people can spend their entire "Game-Life" trying and never obtain it, even if they try their best.

So the problem at the base is not the disparity of the Power-Level of the Enchantments, the problem is the RNG.

If you remove it, and make the Enchantment Section a slow farming process, it could take anyway 1 Years to obtain it, but at least everyone can obtain it.

2 people like this

Posted

It's not meant for the E-Sports Arena if that is what you are getting at.  o___o

Posted (edited)

Normally I would totally agree with you, because what are you saying is 100% right.

The problem is that the "+20" (or enchantments levels in general) is RNG, so is right to say that if you want to fight someone and aspect to have possibility to beat them you need a proper Equip, but in a RNG System this is not right... Because someone can play 2 years and only get only a +16 Equip and someone can play 6month and have a +20 Equip (THIS IS ONLY AN EXAMPLE).

So yeah is right that someone have a right amount of possibility to win against someone with the same Equip, but is not right in that scenario cause is REALLY TOO MUCH RNG heavy.

If this was a system like "You need to farm 10.000 BlackStone every time for have a 100% Enchantment Level Upgrade past +15", that would be right for everyone... Because you spent time that everyone need to spend to obtain a certain Enchantment Level, and so cause you spent more time farming you have the right to be stronger.

But with a RNG System this is not equally... I would prefer an abnormal Farming Section (that you will do anyway in a Game like this) for get a 100% + Enchantment, than a lower Farming Section but have like only 5% to upgrade the Item...

Because if you remove the RNG component, if you spend an high amount of time, you will get what you deserve and you will eventually obtain your +20 Weapon/Armor, but with a RNG System, sometimes people can spend their entire "Game-Life" trying and never obtain it, even if they try their best.

So the problem at the base is not the disparity of the Power-Level of the Enchantments, the problem is the RNG.

If you remove it, and make the Enchantment Section a slow farming process, it could take anyway 1 Years to obtain it, but at least everyone can obtain it.

Yes the problem is not the disparity on the powerlevel of enchantments... the problem is the rng that prevent people to obtain a certain enchantment level and its not equal to everyone...

What are you saying will resolve the primary problem of this game, cause if you want to obtain something you need to put effort... but a STEADY EFFORT, not a casual one that could go bad or good...

If they change the system in like a "you need a fix amount (very high, that obviusly will scale the more you go up) of blackstones for upgrade your weapon or armor with a 100% chance" this will resolve pretty much everything... and it will be real equality for the players

so yes, i'm in for that... And i think that will be the best for our western style of play

Edited by Harvi
2 people like this

Posted (edited)

Yes the problem is not the disparity on the powerlevel of enchantments... the problem is the rng that prevent people to obtain a certain enchantment level and its not equal to everyone...

What are you saying will resolve the primary problem of this game, cause if you want to obtain something you need to put effort... but a STEADY EFFORT, not a casual one that could go bad or good...

If they change the system in like a "you need a fix amount (very high, that obviusly will scale the more you go up) of blackstones for upgrade your weapon or armor with a 100% chance" this will resolve pretty much everything... and it will be real equality for the players

so yes, i'm in for that... And i think that will be the best for our western style of play

oh finally it seems that people begin to understand that this is the real problem of the game not the power gap but the -----ed up rng that prevent casual people to obtain something and sometime make people that put zero effort obtain something good...... 

i would really like to see a system where you need a fix amount that scale with enchant level of blackstones for upgrade your equip 100%, it could take much more time but at least you give the same exact chance to everyone to obtain a certain item and not based on a rng system that can ----- you up badly.......

rng is one of the most quitting things that there are here in the west regions

Edited by erendil
2 people like this

Posted (edited)

I just hope it's not as bad as it was in Vindictus, you could spend weeks or months acquiring gear which you could immediately blow up while enhancing or enchanting, you could protect it with runes (cash shop item) to an extent, but it was honestly much to expensive to do so.  To play for years and still have average gear...  smh...

I don't really understand how Koreans can make such good games with such bad gear systems.  Crossing my fingers that BDO isn't as bad as Vindictus (great game with little to no players, wonder why..) at least, praying for enhancements to have a linear scale in power no matter how high they go, and that they will be attainable by everybody willing to invest the time.

So consider me in support of the OP.  Considering how much this issue has been discussed or argued about I think it would be great to get some feedback from the publishers or developers, I guess only time will tell how it's going to turn out.  I just hope that the players arguing for it to stay the way it is don't get to lonely if they are the only players left in a few years.

Edited by Climhazzard
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

I just hope it's not as bad as it was in Vindictus, you could spend weeks or months acquiring gear which you could immediately blow up while enhancing or enchanting, you could protect it with runes (cash shop item) to an extent, but it was honestly much to expensive to do so.  To play for years and still have average gear...  smh...

I don't really understand how Koreans can make such good games with such bad gear systems.  Crossing my fingers that BDO isn't as bad as Vindictus (great game with little to no players, wonder why..) at least, praying for enhancements to have a linear scale in power no matter how high they go, and that they will be attainable by everybody willing to invest the time.

So consider me in support of the OP.  Considering how much this issue has been discussed or argued about I think it would be great to get some feedback from the publishers or developers, I guess only time will tell how it's going to turn out.  I just hope that the players arguing for it to stay the way it is don't get to lonely if they are the only players left in a few years.

...so archeage 2.0?  Balancing in a pvp game should never be based on endgame equip.  It's based on differing levels of equipment and overall player population if you ever want the game to last longer than the standard six month blowout people.   Everyone arguing that effort should be rrewarded don't seem to realize no one wants to trivialize total enchantment or gear.  If that was the case we would be arguing for uo type gear where best in slot is made by crafter's easily acquired and dropped on death.  

This isn't the case.  The argument is this.  Enchantments past 15 are not balanced for.any noticeable endgame pvp as it stands now.  Yes they will be balanced down the road when everyone makes it to +20 (if they do,remember rng) in six months.   Will people stay that long as if is now when four 15-16 enchant players can miss every shot simply because one player got lucky and is sporting +18equip.  I hope yes but reality is a big emphatic no.  Archeage was a great game on paper.  Tons of player freedoms content to last a lifetime.  But the pvp in place had horrible balance and a ton of poor decisions by trion to put short term money gain as the priority killed all chances of it ever lasting.  People still play.  But no where near the population it had in the first three months.  

No one is arguing for removal of high end enchants.  Just dial.back the total stat gain to manageable levels .  as it stands a 40% stat gain 16-20 is not balanced.  Max of 20%.  Move the other 20% to levels 14 and 15 or earlier enchants ( I'll be fine getting equip... But for those who aren't pvpers?  When they dip their feet in the water and can't even stand a chance?  Goodbye population)

Edit:  for everyone saying balance isn't possible in a class based system.  Yes to a certain point you are right.  Balance in this game may be made for large fights of 5v5 or higher.  But anytime a system is made in which damage is so high that a player must constantly be avoiding.  Or literally sit griding mobs for months to enjoy endgame content?  Ya, Welcome to gw2 balancing.  And look how well its going for them population wise

Edited by Dissodant
3 people like this

Posted (edited)

and they could simply remove the RNG component and put a system where you need a high number of blackstone for upgrade your gear... and this game will become nearly perfect, same as archeage or same as any other game that involved rng...

the problem is not really the gear scaling, the problem is the rng that can make people god or let people stay crap, only for the sake of the casuality...

i saw so many people asking for the rng removing on this forum, still hoping on some response from the dev...

its not an hard system in my opinion, instead of the rng you should put a very high number of blackstone need for the upgrade...

so instead of farming hoping for god to having a success, you farm more but with the security to improve yourself if you put effort

Edited by erendil
3 people like this