• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Skillpoints... Am I Missing Something?

25 posts in this topic

Posted

Hi all,

I've mained a wizard this whole time, but decided to make the switch to a warrior (tough to swallow the fact that all my time invested in that Wiz will be for nothing, meh... My choice.)

Okay back on topic - it would seem that literally the only time a warrior needs to exit awakened mode is to grab, charge, maybe a SoD included with an attack and that's it. 

My question is, why do I find many places saying that 1200 SP are required at lvl 58+?

My warrior just hit 57, has about 700 ish SP and with all awakened skills unlocked (excluding anklebiter) I am still at 200+ free SP.  I'm aware 700 is considered low but with the EXP boosts now its tough to grt more while still staying a low level.  Dont worry, im grinding away.  Wth those skills I mentioned above, plus all the HP/defense passives, I would say I have about 200 total SP invested in PREawakened skills, and another 300 in all awakened skills... Leaving me with those 200 free.

Obviously I have uninvested in all of my pre awakening attacks because we simply don't need them.  I'm aware that when I hit 58+ I will unlock more skills. And while I understand they will require more SP to unlock, it still seems like I'll constantly have a pool of unused SP.

TL;DR: if warriors rarely use PREawakened skills, why do we 1200+ for the higher levels... Awakened skills don't cost that much and are pretty much the only ones we use.

Cheers boys and gals.

Posted (edited)

I am 60 and used 1350 skillpoints so far, to max Awakenings, Mobility Tools from S&S Tree including Grab and passives. Actually i have 10 skillpints left free. Cheers

Edited by Azamoth
1 person likes this

Posted

Skill I use in pre awakening are:

1 Grapple (up to instant grapple)

2. Guard preassure (for when you walk during block to consume less stamina)

2.1 Shield charge, a good way to either get out or close the gap after you entered pre awakening to either grapple or get out. (mobility as well)

3. Deep thrust - Jump thrust (all of it) Mobility

4. Forward slash (ult) mobility

5. Charging thrust - double charge Mobility

6. Piercing speer - stun at range

7. Scars of dusk - All honesty, never use it in either pve or pvp.

8. Chopping kick, I use this in my mobility as well to cancel shield charge's last animation on hit, makes it faster. I still have skill addons on it.

That is pretty much the list of skill I use. Ofcourse I got all the passive skills.

The rest you just dump into awakening. 

Posted

Skill I use in pre awakening are:

1 Grapple (up to instant grapple)

2. Guard preassure (for when you walk during block to consume less stamina)

2.1 Shield charge, a good way to either get out or close the gap after you entered pre awakening to either grapple or get out. (mobility as well)

3. Deep thrust - Jump thrust (all of it) Mobility

4. Forward slash (ult) mobility

5. Charging thrust - double charge Mobility

6. Piercing speer - stun at range

7. Scars of dusk - All honesty, never use it in either pve or pvp.

8. Chopping kick, I use this in my mobility as well to cancel shield charge's last animation on hit, makes it faster. I still have skill addons on it.

That is pretty much the list of skill I use. Ofcourse I got all the passive skills.

The rest you just dump into awakening. 

Alot of those skills you mentioned are not ones I use at all... Do you really spend that much time out of awakening?

For example Forward Slash... You would exit awakening for that little mobility?

On that list I only use Scars of Disk, Piercing Spear, Grapple, and Charge/Charging Thrust.

New to warrior, so I'll take any tips.  Especially with rewards to block, I just use Q while still in awakening mode.

Tough to get used to... The blocking I mean.  As a wiz I'm used to running like hell.

Posted

The forward slash is a mobillity skill we use when we are out of combat mostly going from one fight to another. You cancel theskill/speed it up with your block (q) 

Chopping kick is not neccessary, I just like to use it

Shield charge is very usefull in combat if you miss your grab and need to get out. it maintains it's block and is quick.

1 person likes this

Posted

this is what a for the most part completely flushed out build at level 60, it requires 1365 skill points. 

at 58 it'd be more like this

obviously there are plenty of things you could reduce/remove

Posted

If you make the climb to 59 you should be able to get more than enough CP to get all your required abilities, especially Reckless Blow and the final rank of Grave Digging. After 59 it isn't game-changingly(not even a word) crucial to get 60. Majority of it is just entirely fluff to tack onto already having your full kit available to you at 59.

Just aim for 59, skill points should likely take care of themselves during that grinding period, especially at Pirates/Sausans. I'd recommend pirates for the push to 59.

1 person likes this

Posted

how to move as warrioir, that why you need this skill 

Posted

60.20 here, ~1580 sp, around 70 free. I think you can do a build with 1.2-1.3k points. Dunno about the lower levels, i've been playing warrior since release and never had problems with sp

Posted

You use S&B only for 2 things... CC and mobility... Most of SP is in mobility department...

Posted

the only cc you really need from s/s is grab spear and deep thrust, but even then deep thrust is primarily gotten for the mobility.

Posted

All I have is: combat passives, Charging Thrust and its passives, ultimate forward slash, shield charge + double charge, max rank ground roar for PvE and Guard.  I tried doing that ridiculous combo that Blade suggests and it's cancer. In all honesty I'd rather be the warrior that stood and fought and died than the warrior that had to do this ridiculous combo to run away.  Running is for musa/maehwa and rangers.

I picked up all awakening abilities even though auto attack is useless now.

Posted

All I have is: combat passives, Charging Thrust and its passives, ultimate forward slash, shield charge + double charge, max rank ground roar for PvE and Guard.  I tried doing that ridiculous combo that Blade suggests and it's cancer. In all honesty I'd rather be the warrior that stood and fought and died than the warrior that had to do this ridiculous combo to run away.  Running is for musa/maehwa and rangers.

I picked up all awakening abilities even though auto attack is useless now.

you mean the mobility combo you use outside of fights or to chase somebody thats running?

Posted (edited)

you mean the mobility combo you use outside of fights or to chase somebody thats running?

Yes. :)

Edited by Sarevok

Posted

Yes. :)

i'd never use that in combat. im  ALWAYS looking for a chance to fight back , so im rarely using the s/s mobility for anything other than to chase somebody down, never to escape. i find the backwards dash on GS much more useful to kiting since you can see exactly who is chasing you and where they are. making it easy to do a quick turn around with solar flare and land a combo.

Posted

have you pick the last lvl of grave diiging ? because the description say it do less dommage but better range

Posted

have you pick the last lvl of grave diiging ? because the description say it do less dommage but better range

it is  higher dmg look at tooltip again

1 person likes this

Posted

EnterrementIII.png

EnterrementIV.png

Posted

EnterrementIII.png

EnterrementIV.png

Your tooltips are broken.

Should read like this:

sXwkr81.png

788.6 x 4 hits is the correct tooltip.

1 person likes this

Posted

OP here... I definitely was missing something - basic math skills I believe.

I just hit 58 on the warrior yesterday and used almost 200 SP just getting the next level of all current awakening skills... Sitting at 890 SP now - the grind to 59 will give me a ton of SP - I tend to grind solo anyway.

Posted

So what skill addons you take for both normal and awakening weapon skills from Skill Instructors. If i got it right it is new and improved system over old one we used from our black spirit correct?

I just got my awakening weapon but would like your opinions for when i get 58 and 60 ones as well.

Posted

You really only need around 1100 sp not 1200 to max everything in awakened and some essential mainhand skills mostly because we dont need "great sword training" anymore, once you hit 59 anyways, after the nerf "greatsword training" ap buff doesn't stack with your q block ap buff, so you can reset that skill for free sp, so now you only need less sp instead of more to max out warrior.

Posted (edited)

So what skill addons you take for both normal and awakening weapon skills from Skill Instructors. If i got it right it is new and improved system over old one we used from our black spirit correct?

I just got my awakening weapon but would like your opinions for when i get 58 and 60 ones as well.

1. Solar Flare- 20DP , 10% speed. 2. Grave Digging- Pain damage/15 PvP attack. 3. Hilt Strike- Bleed/Burn

1. Ground Roar - 20% additional damage against monsters/ Instantly Recover 10 HP. 2. Piercing Spear- Pain/Movement Speed. 3. Shield Charge 10 PvP attack/15 DP.

For leveling warriors pre awakening I suggest Ground Smash 30HP insta and WP.

When it comes to SP you can probably get away even with having 700-800 SP at 60 and just taking grab in sword&shield. That makes you viable for PvP.

Anything above that it's just quality life improvement. Personally I felt like I had enough skillpoint only after getting past like 1650.

Edited by Amatsu
1 person likes this

Posted

1. Solar Flare- 20DP , 10% speed. 2. Grave Digging- Pain damage/15 PvP attack. 3. Hilt Strike- Bleed/Burn

1. Ground Roar - 20% additional damage against monsters/ Instantly Recover 10 HP. 2. Piercing Spear- Pain/Movement Speed. 3. Shield Charge 10 PvP attack/15 DP.

For leveling warriors pre awakening I suggest Ground Smash 30HP insta and WP.

When it comes to SP you can probably get away even with having 700-800 SP at 60 and just taking grab in sword&shield. That makes you viable for PvP.

Anything above that it's just quality life improvement. Personally I felt like I had enough skillpoint only after getting past like 1650.

Thanks a lot mate. Yea this additions to skilsl make sense. For example movement speed on Spear as you use it to catch people in pvp anyways, etc. 

I am slowly grinding now so skills will come. Atm at 800 something. As mobs are my main focus for now i first filled everything in awakened weapon.