• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

pearl abyss is bringing black desert to South America

54 posts in this topic

Posted

hype for all you guys that waited for this region. :D 

Posted

with kakao? or another publisher

Posted

with kakao? or another publisher

another publisher

Posted

Source?

Posted

Is Pearl Abyss realy that stupid?

How hard is it for them to understand that south american players DO NOT want to play on south american servers!!!!!!

There are valid OBVIOUS reasons why a HUGE part of them play in NA servers.

Its like who ever is making these decisions is totaly clueless.

Same thing with IP locking Baltic states (which are a part of EU and EU union) and selling the publishing rights to some shady Russian company. Still shocked though nobody has filed a lawsuit from Baltics against this bs by Pearl Abyss-

1 person likes this

Posted

Technically these guys have been IP blocked and can't comment :)

Posted

Technically these guys have been IP blocked and can't comment :)

hey, i just want to make that region happy, even if they can't read it here someone who can read it wil spread the word :D 

1 person likes this

Posted

expansion is a good thing, more revenue for the developer means more content and game longevity

1 person likes this

Posted

How hard is it for them to understand that south american players DO NOT want to play on south american servers!!!!!!

How hard is it for YOU to understand that some people don't want them playing on our servers? The last thing this game needs is a bunch of people who will have a terrible connection "hue"-ing all about the place. The stigma that comes with South American players is there for a reason, they ruin games that they play due to their inability/refusal to speak the main language and their lag. 

9 people like this

Posted

language shouldnt be an issue here. we do have language filters for what language you want to read.

Posted (edited)

language shouldnt be an issue here. we do have language filters for what language you want to read.

I don't think you're getting it, language isn't the issue at all, it's the fact they're IP BLOCKED in the first place, by-passes that with VPNs (which is against the TOS and is bannable anyway) and then want to complain when they GET THEIR OWN SERVERS. Players ON THEIR OWN SERVERS shouldn't have to use the "Filter option" (What do you think that the filter is going to cover a whole other language? wtf?) because players that shouldn't even BE on this server are here.

Since we have no license for countries outside of the territory we cover, we had to IP Block those countries. Players using a VPN should understand that we may be required to implement further mechanisms in the future that may prevent them from accessing the game even with a VPN. In such cases, they should not expect any support from us, including the reimbursement of the game, pursuant to the provisions of article 3 of the Terms of Use.

Please note that a VPN is a means to circumvent a license restriction. We do not, under any circumstances, encourage the violation of our licensing agreement with Pearl Abyss (the developers of the game) and of article 8.2 of our Terms of Service. As such we do not provide any information on the use of VPN.

We understand the disappointment of players who are unable to play and hope we may be able to provide them with Black Desert Online in the future

We thank you for your understanding.

Edited by Asterotis

Posted

That's a good thing in the way that it will let most VPN users go to their respective regions. This will relieve some stress on the servers from those horrible connections. The down side might be a small percentage of the population leaving. We will be alright I guess.

Posted

I don't think you're getting it, language isn't the issue at all, it's the fact they're IP BLOCKED in the first place, by-passes that with VPNs (which is against the TOS and is bannable anyway) and then want to complain when they GET THEIR OWN SERVERS,

Oh no I completely understand that 100%, I was commentating on the "hue-ing" and somewhat negative prior remark about Portuguese and other languages in general.....I'm not a fan of anything derogatory against persons based on criteria relating to their ethnicity, race, religion, etc etc etc etc.  Especially not in a gaming zone.  I saw a lot of "brazilian bashing" go on in a prior community, and it took a lot of ban-hammer to get the original community to stop being asses to others in that particular fashion.

1 person likes this

Posted

I miss the Lineage 2 BR zerg, huehuehue

1 person likes this

Posted

Is Pearl Abyss realy that stupid?

There are valid OBVIOUS reasons why a HUGE part of them play in NA servers.

Its like who ever is making these decisions is totaly clueless.

Same thing with IP locking Baltic states (which are a part of EU and EU union) and selling the publishing rights to some shady Russian company. Still shocked though nobody has filed a lawsuit from Baltics against this bs by Pearl Abyss-

Huh? Lawsuit for what now?

Never heard of RedFox. I really thought it be LevelUp as SA publisher

Posted

Well good for them that at least they have a chance at playing BDO.
IP restrictions for certain countries sucks xD

Posted

another publisher

:v naaa k kochinadaaaa
ia vi k ez el redfox eze :S
nikien lo konozka xD
huehueheuuehuhe

ojala kolokaran a mexico aia
para no tner k ztar awantndo
gente toxika k kre kx star werillo
ez mehor...

y c la pelan :v xk io puedo juegar sin vpn!
Xq toi en la licencia!!

huehueheuh

Posted (edited)

It doesnt' work the way you may think. Many of us tried this at launch to find out its not really a filter, but puts you on a different exclusive channel. So you wont see any of the chat from the international group.

Don't think of it as a filter, its a channel. Its the easiest way to not have anyone at all to talk to. 

Edited by Luciferia

Posted (edited)

Just leech of the NA servers. That is What NA stands for after all. NA = entire world leech off our servers making the entire gameplay experience more laggy and less enjoyable for North Americans because of a bunch of foreigners running around with 200 ping speaking 30+ different languages. In fact, anyone from any region of the world that don't have servers, you can always play the North American ones. These ARE your servers. That's why they put the NA servers in the most retarded spot EVER, San Jose California, so people from Australia and Antarctica can have a better connection to leech off the US playerbase easier. This is why they sometimes call them the "global" servers. They couldn't be bothered to make more servers fore the rest of the world so they just dump them all in NA because...of course they do. Even though these companies will sometimes host up to 6 different regions on the same continent (KR, JP, TW, CN, SEA, RU...) They couldn't be bothered to do that for the western hemisphere.

So don't be silly OP, you already have a server for South Americans. A server for All

Silly OP.

Edited by MMOStein
2 people like this

Posted

I'd prefer them to be able to join the NA servers so we can all play together, what's the problem with that?

Posted (edited)

I'd prefer them to be able to join the NA servers so we can all play together, what's the problem with that?

Licensing. Pearl Abyss has the right to distribute the game as they feel, and they believe they will be able to make more money by servicing each market separately. They probably are not wrong for a variety of reasons.

That's why they put the NA servers in the most retarded spot EVER, San Jose California, so people from Australia and Antarctica can have a better connection to leech off the US playerbase easier. 

Not sure if joking or not, but they picked the server location before they even have rights to serve Australia. Australia was added after players here threw their arms up on the forums. So it was an after thought.

Edited by Luciferia
1 person likes this

Posted

So if the game really starts to die can they merge EU/NA with South America and RU? Kappa 

Posted

Licensing. Pearl Abyss has the right to distribute the game as they feel, and they believe they will be able to make more money by servicing each market separately. They probably are not wrong for a variety of reasons.

Not sure if joking or not, but they picked the server location before they even have rights to serve Australia. Australia was added after players here threw their arms up on the forums. So it was an after thought.

I don't think you get the point I was making here.

Posted

I don't think you get the point I was making here.

My point was pretty clear though. Someone will read your post and take it for gospel and repeat it. Joking or not you aren't the first person to make that statement. And its false, so just pointing it out for any random folks that may read the thread.

Cheers!